Would you be fine with the next Smash being basically Ultimate Deluxe?

Attached: m5lu5W3.jpg (6400x2160, 1.53M)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/MV4UPZM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I doubt it will be.

but would it be a port or a new game?

Just port ultimate and add more fighters

Why would you want a port of a game with no content?

No, I'd rather just have a new game. I doubt they'll ever do a port though, they had the perfect opportunity to just port Smash 4 to Switch and they chose to make a new game anyway.

I would love that. The game is already so big it can't be topped. If they just added another Fighter Pass of content, and maybe a few extra echoes, along with some old modes coming back like Crazy/Master Orders and Smash Tour and the game would be great. After that though, another new game would be nice. I can absolutely do with Ultimate for the next decade or so, but it's nice to have something fresh as well and they could probably do something neat.

Attached: 1566003254908.png (913x2010, 1.99M)

Make a new game with better everything, including the cast

what if they made the next smash game with all OC characters

You mean Dragon King or whatever it's called? Meh. Takes away a lot of what's cool about Smash.

Reboot but at least 2/3rds of the cast survives.

>big, fat, rejuvenated roster
>rebuilt/better core gameplay
>expansive online
>game modes centered around core gameplay; as in more shit like Squad Strike

you can scorch earth almost everything else. Narrow the focus, because Sakurais direction of trying to cram the game with as many half-baked peripheral features as possible means all of it is mediocre when dissected and looked at in a vacuum.

I want it. Ultimate was GREAT for multiplayer but Classic and WoL aside there isnt anything for this enormous roster to DO. I want them to go all out in modes like the series used to in every other installment. The new All Stars is a joke, and I don't like how there's Challenges than in 4 despite being much more content to pull from. Make it so there's way more unlockables too.

Yeah, but I also wouldn't mind a complete reboot with the original roster getting their movesets changed to better represent their history until now.

Attached: SSB64-select-1024x763.jpg (1024x763, 127K)

They don't need a reboot for that, see Ganondorf

I really like Ultimate Ganondorf, but it'd be neat to have Ganon in a new game instead.

Attached: Ganon_ALBW.png (1813x1606, 3.78M)

I think it's funny that they made artwork for a character who only appears for a few seconds in-game

There really should never be more fighters than Ultimate. It’s just kind of stupid having 100+ characters, you can’t make them all fair to use against any other, you’ll have Goku or someone guaranteed to demolish most of the roster.

Honestly, that is the best way to go forward. The basic physics system on which it runs isn't perfect, sure, but it is definitely the best one since melee, and otherwise they are gonna start dropping characters again. And if they start dropping characters from ultimate, there is a good chance it is gonna be a lot of them, and it is just gonna feel like a horrible downgrade. It would honestly just be optimal if they kept porting this one forward and kept up support for it.

why the fuck would they, literally all of Smash's success is roster autism

This. So many modes missing when so many characters are at your disposal.

I've always wished there was a website where people could make their own challenge board but I'm too lazy to make it for something I feel like a lot of people would ignore.

I hope this is the case if there is another smash.
It needs to be refreshed and built from the ground up once again, Sakurai needs to approach the series from a new perspective after this.
Ultimate is a good send off to what smash is now.

Smash bros you need to get in here NOW,

discord.gg/MV4UPZM

discord.gg/MV4UPZM

discord.gg/MV4UPZM

Attached: hero1.png (640x640, 636K)

You're nuts if you think Sakurai, the man who's iffy about cutting characters because he knows everyone in the roster has millions of fans, will willingly cut a third of the roster then radically modify those who remain.

How about they add an actual fleshed out single player that turns the game into super Mario world. It would be really easy for them, the mechanics are already there, it could be such a good platformer and more.

He already made it clear, in no uncertain terms that a game with ultimates roster will never happen again, if we even get another smash.

If he did he would drastically focus on the gameplay to compensate.
Sakurai doesn't half ass anything he does, but I believe he has the potential to take the core of what smash is and turn it into something so good it won't matter if everyone is there or not.

Not because he actively wants that to happen, though. It's just so many outside interests besides his own that he can't guarantee anything because you don't know what third parties will say next time or not. If it was his way, he'd have everyone back and then some, but he knows it's not his call.

Subspace tried that. It wasn't as good as it could be but I really appreciated the effort. Make it so knockback isn't as exaggerated as it was back then though

I'd be fine with there not being a next Smash. This is because there are already some 70+ characters and it's getting to the point where a character's inclusion in the game is completely meaningless. In addition, Ultimate, as its name suggests, has a strong sense of finality about it. Once "everyone is here," there's really nowhere else for a new installment to go. So I don't anticipate there even being another game, and I'd be glad for the series to have some sort of resolution.

People who ask for a reboot naturally dislike smash and shouldn't be considered. They're secondaries pure and simple.
Look at this cockroach, , who thinks so much gameplay needs to be wiped clean for the sake of a concept as useless as "representation". He's just a fucking parasite that latched on to smash. He doesn't care about gameplay.

Even if these people got everything they wanted they would still just be living in the realm of theory without playing the game. They're secondaries, smash is not for them, they're like garbage that fell into a river because it was too wide.

That would be ideal for me. It would basically be Smash Ultimate but actually has new content. But Sakurai would probably be against such a thing. What a waste honestly.

>ultimate deluxe is a port
>but it brings a shit ton of characters, from obscure to relevant characters, ending roster wars once and for all
>brings back modes like break the targets or board the platforms
>could maybe bring back trophies

Attached: 1521244208486.gif (306x200, 605K)

that sounds awful but i'd go absolutey apeshit if we got a "fake" dragon king rep that was just a redesigned version of the blobby beta models

Attached: polygon boys.jpg (400x300, 47K)

What would you want for any new Nintendo platform? Just a port of Ultimate?

Yeah sure, Ultimate is fine as it is.

Actually, that's the only way I would be willing to buy the next smash game.

Wait, isnt Ultimate practically a port of smash 4?

It already was a retouched and edited Smash 4. You can point to all of the changes, which is fine, but it isn't like the game was created from the ground up. Most of the work went into parts of the game less important than just the actual matches, like the spirit board and world of light

Ultimate lives up to its title concerning characters, stages and music. Modes though? A ton, many of which were a given in the past, entirely absent. A Deluxe approach would allow the whole package to truly be Ultimate.

I really don't care about the modes that aren't Subspace. What could be cool is if there was a Subspace-type mode as a separate game, at a lower cost (or a DLC if that's possible), such that a new Smash game wouldn't be necessary.

It's complicated. As Sakurai laid it out, it started as a enhanced port, but then so many things were changed to the point that he views it as a new game.
It's like the question "if you replaced a different piece of a ship periodically till the last original piece is replaced, is it still the same ship?"

>factoring in dlc, 18 new characters, not to mention all the characters like ice climbers and pichu that weren't in 4
>completely redone stages from every past smash game
>physics are different
>new mechanics like perrys, smash meter and air dodging distance
>reworked facial expressions
>World of Light
>actual bosses like Marx and Ganon
>dropping Smash Run and that weird Smash Board mode
>dropping trophies
>dropping Master Orders
>even the online modes are differents
It's definitely not a port. There's way too many differences and too much work put into this to consider it one.

Attached: No.gif (267x180, 389K)