Dragon Age 2

You fuckers talk shit about DA2 but i'm actually enjoying it quite a lot (16h so far in 2 days), like all the others titles (you) trash.
Give me a serious answer why this game sucks so much besides "muh DA: Origin better".

Attached: a1f6af46.jpg (800x450, 111K)

The game itself isn't so bad, but for me the most enjoyable thing about DA:O was the tactical overlook I had and the slower paced combat that made it fun for me. I didn't like the streamlined and fast combat in the slightest.

>EXTREMELY copy paste dungeons.Not apparently only 16 hours in.
>First appearance of dialogue wheel instead of list, which directly resulted in less choice in the overall narrative.
>meandering plotline that feels more like 3 seasons of a badly thought out show rather than an epic plot like Origins.

Other than that though, its not horrible. Still far better than Inquisition.

Attached: 1329565093101.jpg (512x384, 17K)

>brainlet admits he loves press one button for awesome game

>Pausing and using each of 9 abilities in differents situations with 4 characters at the same battle.
>"press one button"
Have you even played the game? jesus

Considering your choice in picture I'm disinclined to believe you.

>reference
>your head

DA2 is the epitome of meh

Aside from Origins just being better? I mean I could name a lot of reasons. The enemy spawning system is trash, the design philosophy of "just keep throwing lots of enemies at you" to stimulate the player instead of the fights that relied heavily on map design to flow with them in origins, majority of the companions are dull, the writing is hilarious, the garbage design for armor, the boring specializations, the atrocious map design, the atrocious night parts of the city being full of boring enemy swarms, the loot system being dumbed down too much, the dialogue system being dumbed down too much, the voice acting generally being weak for the PC, the lack of any tie in with the previous game (and they did this shit for Mass Effect 2 what the fuck Bioware), the design changes for elves, the fucking elven accents, the dragon fight, the ending to the game feeling empty.

That being said I am also replaying the game, am in Act 3, and rank it much higher above Mass Effect 2 and Inqusition. It's a guilty pleasure sometimes, an actual joy to play very few times, but mostly a slog

Attached: 1430287657938.jpg (540x650, 321K)

You clearly suffer from a severe case of shit taste so I'll be leaving the thread immediately.

Look at everything you typed, it's everything about aesthetics
>The enemy spawning system is trash
just git gud and you wont have any problem, it's frenetic, but i get, an aesthetic fag doesnt likes combat and gameplay
just muh plot and muh design

DA:O was the most generic piece of shit I’d ever played. Everything bout it was derivative. DA2 May be a bundle of broken dreams but at least it was original.

>generic
So what is so generic about this, according to you? Care to point out examples?

>level design is just muh aesthetics
>rpg mechanics is just muh aesthetics
>game design is just muh aesthetics

ME and DA got heavy downgrades with their first sequels all to make it more streamlined and easier to play for the average shitter

>it's another "hey Yea Forums I like bad game because you don't are you mad yet?" episode

Attached: 1494021876184.png (422x357, 161K)

I mean i guess it was original in the framing of the story being a from rags to riches type frame for the plot, but i dont see how anything else was original

Are you fucking kidding me
>good guy travels the world collecting party members to defeat an awakened ancient evil
>there are elves
>and dwarves
>and social commentary
>main character is a blank slate you imprint yourself on
>generic rpg classes
>point and click combat
Bruh

That’s the only thing that matters in an wrpg, user. The genre will always have the same shitty gameplay.

it's mostly technical things, like enemies spawning out of thin air, or reused areas, or fetch quests(although in act I they made sense). DAII gets shit on a lot, but it's not that bad. the fast paced gameplay is actually fun, and they give you room to be creative with your builds, like I remember running a glass cannon warrior, equipped with elemental accessories and wearing the mage robes that boosts fire damage. elemental damage bypasses armour so I was cutting down enemies like hot knife through butter.

oh, yeah, ACT III is shit. for me, I'm just not feeling the game by that point. I don't give a fuck about anyone. the fucking elf is being retarded, you can't stop the goddamn mage bin laden, you also lose someone very dear to you at the end of ACTII which really just saps the fun out of the game. I want Hawke to fucking leave Kirkwall and return to based Ferelden by the start of ACT III. Kirkwall is just a fucking shithole at that stage. I beat the game to completion 3 times, but I played it more times than I can count up to the end of ACT II. I just made my own head cannon where Hawke ditches Kirkwall with some of his mates.

I like fem hawke

The thing is, it's not a bad GAME, it has bad AESTHETICS, which somehow, looks like is what Yea Forums prefers.
>muh story
>muh armor/level design
>muh dialogs (which are good in DA2)

Meanwhile DA: Origins has a slow pace where literal fucking retards can play

That’s the brilliance. You’re playing Hawke’s story, not yours. Even in character archetype, it’s closer to a JRPG.

>generic RPG classes

Please, by all means, name a character that isn't the PC that's a generic Paladin.

If you're enjoying the game, why the FUCK are you even here trying to be convinced to not like the game? That is the most fucking disgusting idea I've witnessed in some time. "Please, take my fun away Yea Forums" what the hell is wrong with you?

Attached: images (5).jpg (225x225, 6K)

A lot of people simply cannot reconcile that they are not also the protagonist of a game.

Attached: 1299692037945.jpg (1920x1200, 468K)

I miss the "at least I didn't buy DAII" memes.

What a twisted mind, do you always interpret things on a way to be despised?
I asked with confidency what makes this game so shit as Yea Forums say it is, since i know it's not. I just wanted to see their "reasons" and so far i got the Aesthetic word highlighted, which i dont care about.

The only thing worse than asking for opinions to ruin your enjoyment is to ask for opinions that you yourself have just admitted won't change your view, the lowest kind of human being.

They switched to pure action without the action being good (poor telegraphing, basic animations, low player options, if you're going to make me go into "what is good action" I'm not even going to bother), the dialogue is all either dry or light observational wit that fails to impress, and the emphasis on a single hub isn't a good idea when the hub is so fundamentally boring to navigate. I found it just wide, flat, and surprisingly linear.

There's no complexity to carry it, and being simplified doesn't help when your simpleness isn't executed well. It is a boring game that bored the shit out of me. If you were entertained by that toddler training set of an arpg, more power to you, pal.

what are you even doing here?
>

You may just not be far enough along somehow that everything isn't falling apart at the seams.
>Combat turns into fight X waves of dudes
>Dungeons are so horribly recycled you'll only see about 6 just changed with certain doorways being cemented in without your map telling you.
>You'll think you can go down a corridor but it's actually a dead end :)
>Charcter does something that is completely out of character, not provoked, and just isn't justified in any actual thinking capacity
>Dialogue wheel is just: I'm nice/I'm snarky/I'm an asshole.
>All characters are extremely forgettable and badly written besides Varus and Isabela the latter only being an outrageous slut being what makes her stand out.
>Story is 3 chapters with little/no cohesion
>Final sequence is a joke and choices you make throughout the game don't matter i.e. modern bioware.

Attached: vomit.png (347x348, 93K)

lol

>blank slate in an rpg is bad
cringe, go play fallout 4

just playing the demo let me know how terrible the game was going to be. didn't even bother pirating it.

>Combat turns into fight X waves of dudes
I enjoy the combat

>Dungeons are so horribly recycled you'll only see about 6 just changed with certain doorways being cemented in without your map telling you.
i can deal with that

>You'll think you can go down a corridor but it's actually a dead end :)
you can see if it's a dead end by just looking into the map

>Charcter does something that is completely out of character, not provoked, and just isn't justified in any actual thinking capacity
im close to chapter 3 and it didnt happened so far, so maybe you or i misunderstood their personalities.

>Dialogue wheel is just: I'm nice/I'm snarky/I'm an asshole
there can be 3 more options on the left side which decides things like who's gonna live or die.

>All characters are extremely forgettable and badly written besides Varus and Isabela the latter only being an outrageous slut being what makes her stand out.
I care more for the gameplay and their abilities

>Story is 3 chapters with little/no cohesion
Again, to me gameplay > story

>Final sequence is a joke and choices you make throughout the game don't matter i.e. modern bioware.
Deciding who's gonna live or die, be on your side or you'll let go is enough for me.

DA Origins had choices that seriously affected the world and had a standard tactical rpg feel in combat. DA2 was a poorly animated reskin of Mass Effect 2 that relied on things like illusion of choice. The entire game was a cut corner to save money.