In another timeline, Demon's Souls was a commercial success and Dark Souls stays with Sony. What changes?

In another timeline, Demon's Souls was a commercial success and Dark Souls stays with Sony. What changes?

Attached: DarkSoulsBox.png (1727x2000, 2.89M)

The only reason Dark Souls isn't Demon's Souls 2 is because it's multiplat. Sony exclusive dark souls wouldn't have happened.

In another timeline, demon’s soul isn’t a meme game.

False moot would have had to create "/pet/ - Petitions For PC Ports"

It probably won't turn into facebook meme. I think that happened after the pc port petition.

It would still be shit

No darksouls 2&3 no bb since sony hates sequel to good games more stuff like deracine

The fanbase is less terrible.
Remember how the Dark Souls fanbase was fine until it got to PC? It should have stayed in consoles, even with microsoft it's fine.

Been replaying Demon's Souls lately and I'm not sure if it's just the varying framerate of the emulator but holy fuck some parts of this game are way more bullshit than I remember. Shit like 4-2 with the golden skeletons that you have to fight while being bombarded and Flamelurker in general who seems to be designed to give you no choice but to burn through massive amounts of consumables with every attempt are just incredibly shit.

Dark souls 1 2 and 3 are shit

Only demons and Bloodborne are good. Just wish they were on pc (at least demons since servers killed and runs pretty shit on ps3)

The Golden Skeletons are retarded, but flame lurker is easy as fuck.

Becomes a movie game with QTE and a gender slider in character creator

Attached: snoy wojak irl.jpg (1652x1606, 755K)

>Remember the Dark Souls fanbase until it got to PC?

I'm sure both people remember it fondly.

>but flame lurker is easy as fuck
Yeah, if you farmed massive amounts of grass and Stick White Stuff, but beating him cleanly is basically impossible.

I'm disgusted

>DeSfags were always willing to help newbies come to grips with the game, offering good advice in regards to our old friend Yurt
>DaSfags: git gud git gud git gud huuurrrrr STR poise no shieldz all the way just like my favourite utuber

To be fair, no-shields STR/poise is a viable build in every souls game, even DeS. Git gud.

Stupid thread. If Demon's Souls succeeded then Sony would have made big attempts to get From to make a sequel. So there likely would never have been a Dark Souls or maybe it would have came a lot later instead.

If that Sony executive, who played it, hadn't deemed it to be a "terrible" game they likely would've had the acquired the exclusive rights to it. I can imagine they've been kicking themselves over it.

Well and lets make things clear, It did actually succeed for what it was. It was a cult success but could have done much better with Sony's backing.

git gud noob

>muh bogeyman
110 million cope, nincel.

>If Demon's Souls succeeded
I remember reading reports that it was a financial success back when it came out. Even got a game of the year award from a big name site at the time.

Attached: 374847262837.jpg (2560x1920, 1.72M)

You have to play unlocked, walk away from him / roll accordingly and run back to whack him a few times after a big explosion or jump attack. You don’t need much healing if at all.

Absolutely, but the reality is Sony management is not comprised of gamers and they don't possess foresight. They probably wouldn't know a good game even if you placed it right in front of them.

Where's DaS3

No shitty xbox community and especially not the cancerous pc port that pulled all that human trash in

Held by a pale hand in black clothing with a swastika armband

Bloodborne would have happened ...ops

DeS and DaS1 are the only good ones.

git gud

They obviously didn't care for the series because instead of supporting Fromsoft they let them go multiplat because they didn't get the sales they were looking for.
Had they released Dark Souls it many or may not have sold enough for the series to continue and it might have died with the first one, that means nothing that came after it would have happened.
No DaS2, no BB, no DaS3, no Sekiro, the series would have died on it's second attempt and Sony would have let it die there, just like Gravity Rush.
The PS4 is terrible for Japanese devs, it's a death sentence to stay exclusive to that console, only cinematic western AAA games or sports games sell well on it.
Basically Souls game's continued existence depended on leaving Sony because only after DaS went multiplat and became a success did Sony want BB which is one of the worst selling Sony exclusives despite the success of the series.