Attached: metachad.jpg (1280x720, 87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5F2cU9V4TqU
youtube.com/watch?v=7eBTxWz5p_w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Can I post about IV in this thread?

Megaten only got popular because of "Pokemon for adults" label

>Favorite game?
Strange Journey, would be my GOTYAY if the soundtrack didn't suck, the gameplay was faster and the game overall felt less repetitive
>Favorite demons?
Alice as demonfu
Kresnik and Matador as demonbros
Black Frost as cute mascot to lighten the party up
>Favorite alignment?
I'm a neutral person, either extreme seems ridiculous to me most of the time
DeSu 2 and Raidou 2 does alignments best in the entire series
>Memorable moments?
There's a lot, but the one that stands out to me the most is youtube.com/watch?v=5F2cU9V4TqU

>Personafags can fuck off and die, thanks
Rude, personafags are fine as long as they don't actively shit on the rest of the series. They should be encouraged to try the rest of the series, but it's understandable if they don't like it considering the differences between Persona and mainline.
Though I have a soft spot since I started the series with Persona 3 and ended up loving it, then branched out from there and now, while it still holds a special place in my heart, I can't consider Persona 3 a good game as a whole.

Attached: kresnik.jpg (1020x1513, 805K)

It got popular because its unique and cool.

Of course you can lad!
Although i preferred Apocalypse way more than IV

Attached: apocalypse.jpg (540x669, 204K)

>emulating SMTI
>have to move and other stuff comes up
>haven't touched it in a month
>not sure where I'm at
What do I do now?

how is it anyways? worth playing in this day and age?

>when you realize SMT is technically not OG MegaTen

no, warfags need to fuck off and die
shit thread, waiting for the next

It's what I expect from an SNES game. It's a bit dated but has a good style.

>>Favorite game?
So far it's Nocturne, i am yet to play the Digital Devil Saga duology
>Favorite demons?
Jack Frost, Ose, Masakado, Lilith, Lucifer and Varuna
>Favorite alignment?
Law in any of its forms, i like them because they are the most akin to Nietzschean Philosophy
>Memorable moments?
There was this moment when i was facing off with Specter in SMT 3, he kept killing all my demons and i began to run out of Revival Beads so i stopped reviving them and decided to face Specter alone, it was a pretty tough fight but eventually i beat his ass
It felt really rewarding

Attached: smt.jpg (700x545, 159K)

>Favorite demons
Do you need anything else when the memetastic fuck that is Jack Frost exists?

Attached: i2ffm1q12j931.png (460x344, 122K)

I've always wanted to try the Raidou games, do they emulate well?

>not shitting on Personafags
True Neutral.

I like how fucking useful and cool he is despite being pretty much a "meme demon"

Attached: smt1.png (540x400, 176K)

>Favorite game?
IV
>Favorite demons?
Nocturne Thor, Clotho, Seiryu, Wild Hunt, Ose
>Favorite alignment?
Neutral
>Memorable moments?
Finding out your mom had been eaten in SMT 1.
Seeing Tokyo for the first time in SMT4.

Mom's death in SMT 1 was pretty rough, i love that game it's full of great memorable moments, for example when you fuse Pascal into Cerberus or when you're forced to battle Thor

I honestly don't mind the meme aspect at all, I actually like how they went and made their mascot a jackass instead of, say, a cute blob like you'd think from its looks.

Attached: ee5.jpg (328x330, 18K)

haven't played them in a while but I'm sure they run in a similiar engine to the other ps2 SMT's so I'm betting they run fine.
Be warned, Raidou 1 has a fun story but really clunky gameplay and 2 has better gameplay but less engaging plot, though it has some interesting things going on as well.

Attached: swag raidou.jpg (500x643, 97K)

What game is that from, Imagine?
And if so, is Imagine any good? How's the combat like?
I like the feel of MMOs but i find most of their combat systems pretty boring

It definitely had that Devilman feel to it.
Everyone is going crazy and the world is going to shit.
I hated the gameplay though. I dropped it a short time after the nuke

It indeed is Imagine.
I'd love to tell you if it's any good but I haven't played it either because I never was into MMOs, too much of a time sink for my taste.

Has anyone tried that SMT phone game? I heard it's already out

Attached: maa-jack-frost-hee-to-the-ho-and-we-gotta-21073451.png (500x411, 95K)

it's funny how smtfags want to pretend they're better than personafags when you're even worse

>OP makes Megaten thread
>dies before 30 posts
It's not fair.

DDx2 or whatever? That came out well over a year ago. It's... alright. The good stuff is that all the normal SMT systems are there (press turn with strengths and weaknesses, fusing, skill inheritance) and the gacha isn't a completely necessary part of the game: the gacha versions of demons just come with one more skill, though some of them are the best demons in the game.
This is all made up for by the magnetite grind. The fuse anything you need SHIT TONS of mag, and it is slow coming.

>when you're even worse
How? Just because we prefer high quality stories and a far more challenging experience? Persona is just a watered down version of the main series with a ridiculous amount of weebshit just so brainlets like you can grasp a little of the series

Back to watching anime with your bodypillow, retard

smt is older than manchildmon

Neck yourself tourist

>16:9

Attached: 2565472478.jpg (2048x398, 482K)

Has anyone here actually played the original Megami Tensei? Either I or II? Honestly, I won't give you shit for playing the Kyuyaku versions, since those are way better.

MegaTen has never been popular outside of Japan, with the sole exception of Persona 5. And that's a good thing, niche games that appeal to a niche audience and excel at that niche are better than watered-down shit that tries to do everything to appeal to as many people as possible while excelling at nothing.

>high quality stories
Holy FUCK it's obvious you never played a MegaTen game until two years ago.

>Holy FUCK it's obvious you never played a MegaTen game until two years ago.
What kind of projector do you normally use?

>Strange Journey, would be my GOTYAY if the soundtrack didn't suck, the gameplay was faster and the game overall felt less repetitive
Strang Journey might be one of the most overrated game in the franchise. The combat is so dogshit in this game.
You are forced stick with demons in your alignment rather than trying out new demons.
While I did like some aspects of the game, the soundtrack and the plot, its not fun when you have discount all-out-attack from persona.
Also this might be cause I suck at dungeon rpgs but the dungeon designs made me so overpowered by the end that none of the bosses posed any real threat. Pretty underwhelming since most of the bosses had some amazing build ups through out the dungeon.

i beated Kyuyaku last year now am trying my luck with the first megami tensei (it's more frustrating than the SNES remake but it have it's own charm)
i've heard the second game english patch is coming soon

but it's the exact opposite
Pokemon became popular by copying megaten but making it easy and more lighthearted
DQ was also already hugely popular by the time Pokemon came around
Pokemon has a unique style but very few things about it are original

youtube.com/watch?v=7eBTxWz5p_w
This videos long as hell, but damn is it great.

Attached: at last i see.png (447x378, 11K)

>forgot to turn off swag
Now that's a meme I haven't seen in ages.

>MegaTen has never been popular outside of Japan, with the sole exception of Persona 5
Come on now. While they weren't the level of mainstream P5 achieved, P3 and P4 were well liked enough.

>Holy FUCK it's obvious you never played a MegaTen game until two years ago.

>What is Shin Megami Tensei II
>What is Nocturne
>What is Digital Devil Saga
>What is Raidou Kuzunoha
>What is Strange Journey

Please refrain from posting anything else, just go back to watching anime and jacking off to trannies

None of those were "high quality", they gave you just enough to go to the next dungeon and then got out of your way.

That's specifically what makes them high quality, you shit eating otaku faggot

>IF I DON'T LIKE THE STORY THEN IT'S BAD
>OMG YASS CHIE-CHAN IS MY WAIFU WE'RE GETTING MARRIED

Neck yourself

Attached: wojak5.png (785x1000, 261K)

>it's obvious you never played a MegaTen game until two years ago.
I hope you're not implying P5 has a good story.

persona turbo virgin ruin yet another thread

Attached: 1532115998866.jpg (262x336, 73K)

>MUH BOOGEYMAN
Stop huffing paint fumes.

>ADULTS BAD
>WE MAKE ADULTS GOOD
>CUTE WAIFUS
>HEHE FUNNY CAT MAKE ME GO SLEEP SLEEP

Attached: wojak13.jpg (720x706, 63K)

By original Megaten, do you mean just the Famicom games? If not, you should fuck off, secondary.

NUE IS CUTE!

Attached: 1536299729813.jpg (750x1000, 166K)

Why? Its not SMT.
>different settings
>different gameplay
>different tone
Its for a different crowd.

You're literally proving the point, if they just funnel the player through gameplay without getting in the way then they're just excuse plots. That's not bad, games are supposed to be about gameplay, but don't pretend they're high quality. A high quality story is one that the player actually wants to engage with, and that's something that has not been done well in a MegaTen game, nor should it be. Nocturne is great because it's a great video game. Its story is inconsequential.

Hence why they should make their own thread instead of hijacking this one with their vastly more popular series.

Well youre kind of asking for it by starting with
>hurr durr personafags can die

So, I'm confused what this thread is for. You say original Megaten, so does that just mean Kyuuyaku Megami Tensei? But then you say Shin Megami Tensei which makes me think you just mean all Megaten since you make an exception for SMT. But then you say no Persona, so then what is excluded and included? Are we allowed to talk about Devil Survivor, Majin Tensei, Last Bible, DDS etc? If you want a thread of just mainline SMT, you should just say Shin Megami Tensei as that specifically only accounts for the mainline. If you want Megaten minus Persona then just say that. Original Megaten implies you only want to talk about the games from the Famicom.

OP is just a chaosfag trying to start shit to get the thread moving, pay him no mind.

Yes, and then you remember it's an incel fantasy about a bullied nerd performing a school summoning. Persona with waifu wish fulfilment is the true mantle-bearer of Megami Tensei.

Attached: iStock_000000618052Medium.jpg (992x740, 66K)

You then remember that Persona 4 features the reincarnation of Izanami, the same goddess reincarnated in the original Megami Tensei story that gave the series its name. You then also remember Narukami is Izanagi, just like Nakajima.

He was super useful for me against Matador, Sukunda is really good.

>enter SMT thread
>mainline vs persona shitflinging
Every single fucking time. If it's not an obnoxious personashittrr invading the thread it's a retarded smtfag with persona living rent-free in his head and complaining about it though nobody asked.
SMT V can't come out soon soon enough so that these threads aren't so bad

SMT V is going to make things even worse because it'll drag the Switchtards into it.

who fucking cares the discussion will still be better than the sorry state of SMT threads in the last 2 years

I just wanted to talk about Jack Frost, ho.

Attached: 33c7b955ee947ccafe33d4421cdc58292db58f14r1-266-200_hq.gif (266x200, 467K)

Really, Persona fans probably wouldn't invade the thread if OP just said "Megaten Thread" Instead of "Personafags can fuck off and die." He brought it on himself. Otherwise, Persona fans would probably just go to the Persona thread that's already up.

i mean you're not wrong but it still happens every thread despite OP being a fag

Yeah, that's true.

smt chads vs persona virgins always makes me giggle

Attached: 1522758136009.jpg (500x688, 81K)

>chad
>let a side-series live rent free just because it sold an okay amount of copies

To be fair, Atlus did that first

Do your work, then. Recommend some games.

seething persona virgin, your "games" will never be relevant outside of your waifu faggotry circle jerk

>muh boogeyman
>"ur gaem not relevant" - fanboy of an even less relevant game
Enjoy your vaporware.

Void Quest has literally word for word opening of SMT1 included
Personas 4, 5, Q and Q2 are one of the only ones in entire megaten franchise that have Alice as a special fusion of Nebiros and Belial (other than those, only DeSus 1/2)

start with these

Attached: 1493511269146.png (1600x4491, 3.25M)

>Enjoy your vaporware.
i will

Attached: 1565894261618.png (1010x630, 306K)

I'll jerk into your waifu, you cunt.

go ahead

Attached: 1556361879351.png (434x536, 433K)

SMT3, Strange Journey, SMT4, Digital Devil Saga, Devil Survivor 1 and 2

>favorite game?
Digital Devil Saga 1, still the GOAT

>favorite demons?
Short-hair Lilith is my demonfu
Ose, Girimehkala and Black Frost are my demonbros
Lots more like Asherah, Krishna and Lucifer

>Favorite Alignments?
SMT4 chaos is an absolute chad ending and anyone who tries to convince you that Law is better is a fag. Same goes for regular demon ending in Nocturne, Lucifer aint gonna do shit. Now get wasted at Nyx's bar and drown in demon pussy for the rest of your life.

>memorable moments?
When Thor came back right at the end of Nocturne and wanted a rematch which got me super hype because the first encounter at the mantra base is one of my favorite moments in the game, but then I one-shot him with focused Spiral Viper on turn 3 and I got sad. Still memorable because of that.

>Favorite game?
Raidou 2, it's fucking amazing and more people need to play it instead of entry level Nocturne
>Favorite demons?
OP posted him already, but Mothman and Abaddon are cool too
Far as waifus go its gonna be either Scathach or Moh Shuuvu for me pal
>Favorite alignment?
I always end up getting neutral endings when I play megaten games blind, guess Im just a natural fencesitter
>Memorable moments?
The final boss of DDS1 was pretty sweet, albeit near impossible since my mantras were so terrible.
Also I want to marry Nagi thank you

Attached: 25.jpg (849x1200, 161K)

That's a boy.

Bros... where is it bros?
I don't even need a release date. I just want some more news about it.

Attached: neverever.jpg (1152x648, 137K)

Never nigger it is cancelled

Daisoubro is best bro

Attached: 1557167023087.png (700x700, 365K)

Mokoi is best boi

Attached: descarga (1).jpg (194x260, 7K)

>detective adventures 1
>jack frost
>law
>best moment was getting to Tokyo in 4, i didnt know about it

tfw I want to self immolate as well

>Favorite game?
Nocturne
>Favorite demons?
Metatron, Samael
>Favorite alignment?
Law
>Memorable moments?
Beating Babel in desu1

SMT3/SJ
Succubus, Angel, Uzume, Michael, Loki, Baal, Lucifer, Metatron
Neutral
Getting the reincarnation ending by accident, losing a contest of strength to a pixie, making random noises to a slime and it moving away "looking offended", DeSu making a law ending seem ok

Why are these fag lord games being posted so much lately? Fucking garbage

what are you seething about?

Don't like it go shitpost somewhere else, faglord.

Development hell most likely

That's why we have dedicated threads in the first place
If you don't like it then don't go to to threads about a game you don't like, stupid piece of shit

It's just gonna make things worse