Visual novels are not true videogames

visual novels are not true videogames

Attached: Persona 5.jpg (600x800, 83K)

Sure so why did you post a turn based JRPG?

>22 hours of cutscenes
>game

I don't think you know what is a "cutscene"

is a visual novel with a fake turn based combat

They are better than true video games. I'll take a fun visual novel with good voice acting and good art than a mediocre action game every day of the week

word

Attached: visual novel.jpg (1235x2000, 422K)

I remember some japanese streamer said he doesn’t consider persona 5 an rpg game but rather an school adventure game he was playing lost odyssey when he said it

Why are western game fags so pathetic?

This one ain't even worthy to be classified as a visual novel.

Those aren't video games either.

>Muh western games are movies
>his shitty jap shit are actual movies
What's the hypocrisy with weebs?

Can you tell me what REAL turn based combat is then?

More like self hating weebs

Attached: 1565751276113.png (1245x884, 312K)

What compels a man to do this?

ffx

>What compels a man to do this?

Attached: 1564150615865.jpg (2008x7815, 2.83M)

p5 has more actual gameplay hours than most other games
then it has the VN part on top of it

you mean the hallway simulator with 10 hours of unskippable cutscenes and one of the most boring combat systems in the series?

ffx has the best turn based ever made

also dilate

Attached: 1553051898485.png (700x913, 300K)

/thread

FFX's combat system is to swap in the party member that the enemy monster is weak to and oneturn the battle. Persona's combat system is to hit weaknesses and critical hits to all-out attack the enemy and oneturn the battle. There's not much difference.

>game has a hint of a cutscene somewhere
>IT'S A MOVIE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
never change

I don't understand why Yea Forums autists call TLOU or Uncharted movies while Persona 5 gets a free pass. I never felt that cutscenes in Naughty Dog games last too long while characters in P5 just can't fucking shut up, get to the point, stop repeating the same shit over and over and let me give play the game already. Gameplay is also very limited and every battle feels the same. You truly spend more time watching than playing this game.

WHAT THE FUUVUVUVCK tell me you guys aren't this retarded
I ACTUALLY spend time and effort talking and arguing with you guys, I see that I was the retard all along

Attached: 1532651884886.png (683x384, 373K)

It's not updated, there's no mention of when they got buttfucked by the Musou

it's almost as basic as dragon quest, and dq gets shit on for being too simple.
just because you zoomers grew up with ffx and have nostalgia for it doesn't mean it gets a free pass for things that other jrpgs get criticized for.

The answer is that it's okay when Japan does it. Silent Hill and a lot of Kojima games get the same treatment.

You've never played a silent hill game

only if it's sony exclusive. literal movie games like telltale "games" are acceptable on Yea Forums since pc poors can just pirate them. and xenoblade 2's hours of cutscenes are okay because it's nintendo doing it.

I agree with MGS not with Silent Hill though.

fucking silent hill ???? what ???

>22 hours (actually less than that) of a 120 hour game
Better ratio than most western games.

>I don't understand why Yea Forums autists call TLOU or Uncharted movies while Persona 5 gets a free pass.
since when does p5 get a free pass on anything? autists like and shit up every thread about p5, calling it a "movie game" because it has cutscenes and isn't on switch or steam.
it's impossible to even discuss the game because of the insane levels of shitposting it attracts.

You can finish it with 70hrs.
>Better ratio than most western games.
Like which ones?

>You can finish it with 70hrs.
Yeah and I can finish Super Mario in 5 minutes.

Actual movie games like TLOU, and the uncharted series

press X to do cool shit isn't gameplay

>press X to do cool shit isn't gameplay
Lmao, I can say every game is press button for cool shit. You are so fucking dumb.

rdr2 is a 60-hour "cinematic experience" with no gameplay.

cope

>be standard-issue JRPG hater
>console warriors think I hate their games because of exclusivity and not because they have terrible gameplay

>shooting enemy, fighting with weapons, running from them, crafting isn't gameplay
>press x for auto attack sit down and watch how it will win every battle without any other input is gameplay
I hate weebs

>console warriors

Oh, so THAT'S the problem huh :^)

>no gameplay
How so?
>no argument
Btfo

Japanese games: Separate gameplay and cutscenes, make gameplay good while using cutscenes as a breather.

Western games: Try to combine gameplay and cutscenes, gameplay is simplistic to avoid breaking the "cinematic" meme feel while the game includes numerous scenes where the player is just standing around listening to people talk; idiots claim these aren't "cutscenes" because you can still move around.

It's the only reason I can come up with why someone would defend boring crap like Xenoblade or Persona.

Nice buzzwords.
> the game includes numerous scenes where the player is just standing around listening to people talk; idiots claim these aren't "cutscenes" because you can still move around.
Hmm, sounds like Yakuza or Persona games.

>player is just standing around
> you can still move around.
?

Fucking this. Nincels praise FE 3Houses when it's a shitty P5 rip-off.

Literally style over substance. Persona 5 was a mistake.

that's not a movie bro
it's nintendo exclusive so it's okay

>Literally style over substance.
literally the most substance-free "criticism" parroted by shitposters who haven't played the game.