Other urls found in this thread:

livescience.com/37394-babies-sympathy-development.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

universal translator.

>money is "credits"

>alien race in vidya
>they all have the same height and build
>they all wear very similar clothing

Attached: 64472702-CBD3-4431-B2F1-95222D689C39-1884-00000361A1D7DC8A.jpg (124x125, 2K)

>majority of Covenant speak is incoherent gibberish in first Halo game
>by 3 it's mostly comprehensible because of translator AIs progressing

They know how to Speak English at that point user. Grunts especially know how.

Gallagah
[vortigese]

Attached: 1566056190000.jpg (780x645, 374K)

>alien race in vidya
>capable of interspecies sex and impregnation

Attached: 589710fbcba9841eabab610a.png (725x535, 85K)

>Grunts
Isn't it canon that the Grunts have a black market of sorts, trading human entertainment and shit?
Bunch of grunts following the war with boxsets of Drivers, Dine-ins and Dives.

Every DBZ game ever

>Alien Race in Vidya
>They are essentially humans with deformities
>Their civilization nearly identical too, but are either far more peaceful or far more violent
>Their technology/weapons have fancy, but impractical designs, and are close to human technology/weapons but with plasma/energy shit

It's called translation convention

Why do people complain about the dino language in Star Fox Adventures again?

I would think the main operators of a black market would be jackals.

>realism
>what is suspension of disbelief

living creatures have a limited range of sounds, which eventually will lead to some words meaning the same in several languages, and some languages being exactly the same.
for example, most people from betelgeuse system speak a language that is exactly the same as portuguese, of course they one have idioms and that cant be translated to the portuguese of the earth.
things like this happens all the time.

>slave race mainly used as cannon fodder
>have time to learn languages as fucked up as english
Literally just french, latin and celtic put in a blender.

Attached: Blank+_95ff1d3f8b54970b8915b766d9878483.jpg (295x250, 13K)

EKUT E MALA ETO NE BABAK AKE BA GENERAL SCALES

People do this so they can use the same skeleton and thus the same animations for picking up a gun, vaulting a wall, taking cover, reloading etc. If every alien had a unique shape from different height or more than two legs and/or arms this would increase dev time and considering that Star Wars and Star Trek, both franchises that have simple recolor humanoids with slight cosmetic changes,are popular it would be seen as a waste of time. Consider that one of the most popular aliens from Star trek are Klingons whose only noticeable difference are their weird foreheads and a popular alien from Star wars is admiral thrawn who is just blue.

The Klingons from the nu Star Trek look like shite by the way

on their defense, its a japanese game, and thats how japanese talk when a word that is not on their language(a lot of them) appears.

Grunts are very intelligent, only reason they're used as cannon fodder is because they breed like rabbits and mature quickly

>Alien Race

Attached: 20190817_102254.jpg (168x168, 26K)

is it Japanese if it was made by Rare though?

Star trek is boring shit.

Space is boring and aliens are boring humanoids with dumb tumors on their forehead, maybe elf ears and different skin color: the show.

Mass effect is fucking shit.

SOL GALATIC COMMON

inb4 some convergent evolution dumbfuck comes in to talk about how human tools require thumbs and standing upright so that means all life in the universe would evolve to that state to use tools that they created exactly like human tools because they convergently evolved to be exactly like humans because they had to in order to use human tools that they developed because they were humanlike

halo

>shitty bioware handwave. they were never good at writing

>lazyness
Ok, fag.

>video game featuring multiple alien races
>can only play as the human

Attached: 1548242789259.webm (960x540, 1.37M)

>alien race
>audio is clearly some alien language
>subtitles explain that they're talking directly to our brain so we understand

>game is in English
>"By the way, your Russian is superb"

Attached: 1557884838376.png (410x205, 87K)

Most people prefer their non-humans still look human otherwise they can't connect with them. I remember seeing articles talking about games devs that say something along those lines. If I remember correctly the team behind World of Warctaft made the females for the trolls look more human because people didn't like how they look because they looked too monstrous (As one might expect a troll to be). Normies can't into fiction.

People who argue that lack imagination

Attached: 1x6GkEq5RRCObbmcDlYA_YrNCe54.jpg (570x691, 39K)

Attached: 1550487623314.gif (160x200, 1.94M)

>on their defense, its a japanese game

Star Fox Adventures is the most British game of all time.

it's insane that babies can sympathize with colored shapes with googly eyes while grown ass adults can only identify with something if they have a matching body plan
livescience.com/37394-babies-sympathy-development.html

Attached: Dinosauroid.jpg (580x377, 46K)

>play MGS3
>they're in Russia
>they're speaking english
wtf bros this is dumb
You are retarded, OP.

>game has several alien languages you learn over the course of the game, and eventually become fluent in, finally being able to communicate and trade with them

Attached: -DI06gzf.jpg (400x400, 16K)

delete this

Attached: 567858756687578.jpg (750x400, 35K)

Good. No one except autists who complain about video games more than they play them give a fuck.

fuck off, sean murray

will we ever get a unique alien species

>Russian faction
>they all speak english

But they're not speaking English, they're speaking Russian, we're just being shown a translated version. When Snake meets Sokolov, after talking for a bit, Sokolov says something like, "By the way, your Russian is superb. Where did you learn to speak it?", implying that they're speaking Russian.

That was the point of the post, you fuckhead. The aliens aren't speaking English. We just hear English in the game for ease of understanding.

>game takes place in the near future right after the discovery of FTL travel
>suddenly there's ayyliens everywhere
>they speak English
>every other system has an earthlike planet brimming with life

Attached: 1562866393863.jpg (640x640, 59K)

So when the aliens interact with the humans what language are they speaking?

>alien race in vidya
>incomprehensible language
>don't look like humans

Attached: o7bet2arbjpdcqpwiq0u.png (800x450, 387K)

Mario and Luigi Partners in Time
>you never understand what the aliens are saying
kino

WoW must have had a huge influx of EQ players who could finally make the troll waifus they wanted.

Attached: troll_luclin.jpg (864x960, 77K)

I hate when companies use that to justify settings with multiple species having nearly of the main characters be humans, fucking wotc

yeah, all 3 of them

>sci fi game
>English is the language of humans

Shouldn't it be Chinese? It would only make sense

It happens all the time. Hell even kids books use that explantion

What else would you speak

Attached: 1445744940409.jpg (1143x531, 297K)

Too bad Chinese aren't human

Attached: DEMOMAN.jpg (600x800, 70K)

Nice shit taste

>alien race looks creepy and disturbing as fuck
>they consider humans extremely ugly

Attached: 91832BE0-BB25-47DD-82AC-14B3CE1D2210.jpg (2024x1048, 144K)

wait a second donald are u tryin to trick me again

>Alien race in vidya
>tfw it's not a Gorn

Attached: Star Trek game Gorn.jpg (1600x843, 326K)

>EQ
>troll players

>mawshot

Attached: lemay.jpg (600x739, 109K)

Attached: 1542754310740.jpg (1920x1080, 262K)

>In the closet vore enthusiast makes 3D art

Arguably the best shamans prior to Torpor.

Xenoblade X actually handwaved this pretty well, with the aliens thinking you were speaking their language all this time and viceversa.

the fucking planet man

>alien race
>is literally just humans relocated from earth 4000 years ago as slaves

Attached: apophisx.jpg (150x200, 10K)

Doesn't question it*

>alien race
>completely mechanical
>consume any resources they can get contact into for the sole purpose of multiplication
>have no need for outside communication, just a subspace hivemind
>intelligent enough to adapt the technology they consume

pic related, drop a single one of these fuckers in an average universe and everyone within galactical travel distance is likely to be completely fucked before they can think of countermeasures.

Attached: 1541768939704.jpg (657x348, 164K)

>all the alien languages are completely unlearnable by humans, due to them requiring specific biological functions humans dont posses
>Everyone just uses the human language because its very easy to learn and only requires vocal chords, something every alien race has
>human language is Japanese

Guess the game series

furry
furry
based

take it back

Attached: the west.jpg (1024x576, 97K)

Okay

THERE'S SOMETHING ABOUT THIS PLANET

Attached: 1550143751761.jpg (1920x1080, 267K)

I never really understood why other countries still speak other languages then English, I mean sure mentally translating everything probably becomes second nature after a while but why not just skip the inbetween and just speak English to begin with?

I have a dinosaur textbook from childhood with this picture in it. it depicts the troodon and hypothesized what intelligent life would have looked like if it had enough time to evolve from more intelligent dinosaurs like troodon

Reminds me of pic related

Attached: 327046_orig.png (576x432, 316K)

>source: my ass

English is the natural language of any intelligent creature.

>alien race
>comes with only one color, one language and one body type

ALSO

>game sets in different world
>one white moon, one yellow sun, green grass, brown earth, blue ocean

Attached: angery.jpg (1120x816, 48K)

>english
>a germanic language
>"""celtic""""

Attached: ugh.png (715x560, 281K)

>game is set 300+ years in the future or past
>characters speak 20-21st century English

Your first one is where Earth is headed if we survive for another few thousand years. Genes will adapt and finalize similar to how simpler animals look alike. There is no future where humans don't all die from heat death, or turn into very similar looking people.

Second one. Earth is a guarantee case for life. As of now and as far as science knows, anything larger than a virus needs water, sunlight/heat, protection (atmosphere), etc. Most likely any other planets of the several billion possible stars in JUST the milky way would need to be near identical with a small margin outside of that for life to exist.

inb4 B..B.B...BUT HOW DO WE KNOW! If we had a way to disprove the 'goldilocks' like planet requirement, it would win a nobel prize. It would also be how we could terraform a planet like Mars.

>speak to alien in english
>ask them how they speak english
>theyre visibly confused and insist youre actually speaking their language

Attached: 88997FD9-CB95-4F50-8B67-2800736D17C3.jpg (210x240, 7K)

fucking hell

Attached: kk.jpg (115x123, 9K)

>how simpler animals look alike

I can look at 2 rats and they would have different colors

That would be funny.

>by the way, you're russian is superb

Better than the obligatory "hold on, let me activate my translator" scene.

Gave me so many fetishes

Look up meandraco on e621 for weird alien smutt

Excellent taste, how's terraurge going?

Lots of game devs seem to claim that, but I'm not sure it's actually true. It could easily be one of those bits of conventional wisdom that turns out to be completely false, yet gets perpetuated anyway.
People in real life and in media attach to all kinds of non human shapes, obvious examples being anything vaguely dog or cat-like, but there is also intentionally stupid/absurd shit like the companion cube that provoked an emotional response anyway. Everyone also connects with wild animals, dinosaurs, even abstract toys in Disney and Pixar films. Herbie is a fucking sentient car that was beloved by people once.
I think the whole idea that people only connect with human looking things is bullshit, as long as you can make them act in an emotional way they can look like pretty much anything. The main reason you don't get more abstract beings in games (and movies and such) is just laziness, or stupidity.

Never heard of this. Gimme a quick run down

Babel fish for the plAyer

>implying all alien races in setting including humans were all created from the same cloth by galactic cthulu as an experiment

Attached: 1560639586892.png (1200x911, 463K)

Xenoblade Chronicles X

Hey user it has a womb and it takes semen I can do it. Even if it only has the pussy and no womb I can still impreg due to my SPIRAL POWER!

Attached: ARealManCanImpregnateAnything!.jpg (1280x720, 141K)

>So they can use the same skeleton and thus the same animations
It's 95% this
The elcor and hanar are the most memorable species in Mass Effect, but you never see them do anything but stand in one location. There's no problem relating to them, they're interesting.

t.has no clue how genes work

>I dont want to understand what's happening but I also want the company to waste as much money on voice acting

You're in the wrong universe. Stop playing with subspace Carter.

Part of them connecting with the character is due to story and writing, which is something that doesn't occur in a character select screen, then there is the uncanny valley and the animator/character notes for old cartoon characters which further details on how one can make something inhuman appealing to people by giving it human traits. The cherry on top of it all though are the other forms of media and movies that failed to achieve just what you're talking about despite some of those very things having good writing and characterization to back them up. My personal thoughts on it though is that if the developers add in alien races with various body types, then they should give gameplay reasons to incentivize the player into choosing those races.