Dark Souls' PvP had the potential to be the ultimate competitive game, to be what Street Fighter 2 was to fighting game...

Dark Souls' PvP had the potential to be the ultimate competitive game, to be what Street Fighter 2 was to fighting game. But FromSoft got cold feet and decided to pander to PvEfags with Sekiro and Elden Ring.

It keeps me awake at night, how we lost the chance to get something precious.

Attached: 149186029972.jpg (1822x999, 186K)

>5 games had pvp
>1 game doesnt
>waaah muh pve

We know nothing about Elden ring tho

On the contrary. This could have been the perfect co op game but pvp fucking ruined it.

>Open world
>Written by Game of Thrones man
>Main selling point is being written by Game of Thrones man
>Your main transportation medium is a horse
It will be a literal Witcher clone so not only it will lack any sort of multiplayer but it will even lack gameplay.

probably realized that most people DC on invaders so didn't even bother making PVP

Why do faggot niggers have to worry about whether every game is "competitive" or not?

Maybe in Dark Souls 2, sure, but clearly they didn't care about refining it in 3 to the degree it would need to be to reach that stage. It's over, user.

DaSII pvp was so fun. Kicking people and stunning them, jump attacking them when they try and roll away, lightning storm then from behind walls and under stairs. DaSIII is so shit compared.

>competitive game
jubilant_onions_wojak.bmp

Keep seething DS2fag

>Dark souls
>Competitive in any real way

Good bait, you'll get a couple for sure. PvP is a minigame.

Attached: 1300044776986.jpg (600x600, 35K)

>Watch some of my old recordings from SoTFS
>Invaded in Havest Valley in NG+ while being ganked by 7 Artificial Undead in the small area.
>Getting my shit pushed in but it never phases me, heal it off and lure everyone around for a bit while the invader assumes I'm a shitter.
>Lead him to the outside area and he gets two solid hits
>Hit him and force him into a roll, nail him with two straight jump attacks for the win, he wasn't expecting the second one immediately

Attached: 71f.png (600x652, 457K)

Disc chime pvp was so fun, bummed that they didn't include it in 3

DaS2 PvP was godlike, I agree with OP instead of going full PvE they should have gone the other direction and made a PvP focused game It would've been golden.
Just imagine WoW:TBC levels of open wolrd PvP but with DaS combat, shit would be so cash.

souls games have a lot of cancer, but pvpfags are the absolute worst.

Are they going to make a co-op centric game like how Sekiro was solo only? I tried playing co-op Bloodborne with my bro the whole way through and it was a fucking pain in the ass.

Attached: 1563432243159.jpg (628x676, 41K)

Biggest problem with BB, fucking why co-op/PvP had to be so terrible.

From did that with Amored Core and it fucking killed the series. They're not retarded enough to try it again

Dark Souls PvP isn't even close to as in-depth as even the most easy mode fighting games like Rising Thunder

Attached: 1557136015997.jpg (1068x1200, 90K)

not everything has to be competitive user, just enjoy your game and no DS was never "competitive" pvp, it lacked everything that makes a competitive game competitive like:

>stable connection between players
or
>balanced gameplay ( or trying to be balanced )
there is a reason why everyone was using darksword at the start

>hurr dure combos
Fucking retard, just the hitboxes already are miles better than soul calibur or kekken, let alone the complexity that comes with the whole weapons/armor system.

no one cares about Dark Souls PvP besides autists who were too shit to play actual competitive games

Souls PvP was never meant to be competitive except by people who took steps to make/keep it competitive. It was supposed to be a way to assist/interfere with someone else's game in a novel way that could hypothetically be different every time in a world that was otherwise always the same.

It was never going to be the "Ultimate competitive" game.

Why don't bamco just take the assets from the souls games and create some sort of spinoff?
>Are they going to make a co-op centric game like how Sekiro was solo only?
I wish.

I feel like the hardcore pvp was a joke and ultimately missed the point of the invasion game mechanics. Like someone else said the weird competitive pvp ruined the good co op aspects of the game and when they focused on pvp in 2 we got the shittiest game of the series