Do video game companies lie/inflate their sales?

Do video game companies lie/inflate their sales?

I literally do not know a single person who has bought Three Kingdoms and even people who love total war games don't like it. The Total War general on /vg/ hates this game and literally no one is playing it.

Plus the game genre itself is kind of niche with a very niche setting, I just do not believe that a million people bought this game in a week.

Attached: Capture.png (1174x607, 631K)

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcharts.com/app/779340
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Big TW fan here and nope, I haven't bought nor do I know anyone who has.

China?

>itt assblasted mongs cant handle a great game being sold great
I bought it. My friends bought it. And others had brought it. Stay fucking retarded

Maybe, but it also shouldn't be at all surprising that a game Yea Forums and core gamers hate sell well. I'm sure some no generic mobile gacha game got over a million downloads last week and never got mentioned once on Yea Forums. Normies exist completely separately from the gaming community.

I personally haven't seen this in my limited viewpoint of the world, therefore it didn't happen and anyone who says otherwise is lying

Maybe, but this isn't the type of game normies would play. Also, it wasn't really that hyped and there was no massive marketing behind it like other normie games

steamcharts.com/app/779340

If the developer wanted to, they could easily inflate these numbers.

Three kingdoms got most of its sales from the Chinese Market.

>1 million copies sold
>Peak players 120k

Lel okay

asia sales

I refuse to believe a game making feudal warlords look like hero demigods is allowed in Communist China

You'd be surprised what kind of things normies play. I have a friend who doesn't follow the gaming industry at all and pretty much just plays stuff he finds on Steam. He plays popular stuff like Rocket League, but also a bunch of obscure early access games that might be ungenerously described as shovelware.

Dude China worships the three kingdoms dudes like gods. It's the one cultural icon they're allowed to like. Don't take it away from them it's all they got.

Can you redpill me on why commie chinks love Three Kingdoms?

I'm guessing the game didn't include enough transexual and African leaders.

If the majority of those sales are coming from China, then it wouldn't be strange if you didn't know anybody who played it.
Chinese fans probably talk about the game in their own communities.

>/twg/ hates it
No, assblasted ratfags hate it. Kys furry piece of shit.

Winnie the Pooh: TW was bought by Chicoms, not real TW fans and not real people.

This game basically marketed themselves towards Chicoms and they've succeeded.

Imagine if every book in your country was burned/banned aside from one classic in literature, and now all of your homemade patriotic pop culture is made deriving from that book over the course of many generations.

Me and my friend both have almost all the Total Wars but neither of us have bothered with it yet. I'm waiting for a good sale and he's just happy playing all the older ones. I've really not even scratched the surface of the older ones either if you count all the variety of factions.

Does this game jerk off Zhuge Liang too? And Guan Yu?

>m-muh Oath of the Peach Garden
Fuck off.

it sold well because it had Denuvo and took. a few weeks to get cracked.

it sold very well worldwide, not just china

Attached: Untitled.jpg (352x478, 37K)

That sounds about right actually.
Also to answer OP: China. Lots and lots of Chinese sales

>/twg/ hates it
Nah, niggerhammer and ratfags hate it.
Too bad thwy are the majority and you will barely have any topic that isnt some faggots spamming his stupid rat pics or about Warhammer

No, they dont however based Zhuge and Guan are great commander ingame tho. But fuck off Cao Cao

enjoy your new boogyman american loser. Mexico, Brazil, China. They're alllll against you ;)

I have no horse in this race, but I'd argue that you should be careful thinking the world doesn't exist outside of Yea Forums's opinions and those of your friends who likely share similar ones.

Also, I would not be surprised to know many companies misrepresent sales.

>insects and some 4th worlders monkies
lmao we will be fine

Cool reading comprehension friendo, why must your country be so elitist without any valid reason.

>I literally do not know a single person who has bought
Are you Chinese? No? That might be why.

Yeah, stay mad at my country superiority over shitty one

>There are people in this thread RIGHT NOW who aren't American

>HURR DURR CHINA MOSTTLY BOUGHT IT
No, dumbass. This game was one of the top sellers GLOBALLY on Steam for weeks

What major releases are out around now? Further, are you downplaying a market the size of fucking China?

>he thinks ratposters are making those post unironically
yikes

3K isn't a bad game... BUT it is utterly forgettable and hardly worth a 2nd playthrough

>duur
Another fucking dumbass. What part of GLOBAL you dont understand? I didnt underestimate the Chineses, but you mongs keep overestimating them.
This game was in the top 5 of popular release in my region: US for weeks leading to 3k release.

Journey to the West is better than Romance of the Three Kingdoms prove me wrong

I bought it, and I'm having fun with it :)

Attached: Untitled.png (368x133, 79K)

SPBP

>having fun
>70 hours

Lel

And what is it contending with right now retard? If it isn't even number 1 in the US compared to shit like GTA then where do you think the majority of sales would come from? This isn't some far fetched conspiracy that a game that appeals to the Chinese people would sell well enough in China to carry it to the top of the global chart, especially when there's nothing else to contend with. It's also not that it won't also sell in other regions, but the majority of sales will be Chink.

You're right
But in terms of TW being a historical franchise I would've rather had them reskin Shogun 2 and make it take place during the Mongol Invasions of China or some shit like the Boxer Rebellion

so whats your point in the end?

What, that's one of every type of campaign? Sorry I haven't spent 500 hours in a game I just bought :)

>"""ratposters"""
Neck
Your
Self

Everyone has to start somewhere for strategy games. It's a shame you chose a $60 stepping stone.

Prove it.

They don't segment top-selling games by market in that manner.

You mean more than a month

I know like 6 people including myself who bought as their first TW game. The dynasty warriors crossover appeal is real and so is nuevo-rich chinese dudes.

Your a contrarian faggot is my point

To add to that. All those same people are pissed they wasted DLC on that 100 years later 8 princes garbage when there is still literal swathes of the map left uninhabited. Nanman in the southwest, pirates in the southeast, I don't give a fuck but DO something with it instead of just letting AI Sun Jian get a free top 3 every game.

How does that cunt always do that? I'm retarded with him

Set up trade and get river territory. Then literally just pay for the uninhabited land to his southeast and get the ones with good resources first.

>I'm retarded with him
how? his campaign was by far the easiest of the ones ive played so far, just sign a NAP with liu biao, and expand southward into the han empire, thats it, you've literally won as soon as the NAP between you and liu biao is signed

>Nearly 8 billion people
>1 million bought
>WHY DON'T I KNOW ANYONE WHO BOUGHT IT, ARE THEY LYING?

You're a retard user

I might buy it in 2-3 years after they give us the non-assfuck dlc pricing edition. Creative Assembly and Firaxis are such gougers.

Don’t forget russians, they are the bad guys again!

Lucky for them.

It doesn't matter. Even if they teamed up they couldn't beat us.

Even if the whole goddamned world teamed up they couldn't beat us.

Gross.

Dude do you understand how much 1+ million in under a week is? Some of the biggest games nowadays that are super hyped up have those kinds of numbers.

You're trying to tell me that a game with a niche setting, in a niche genre, with no hype behind it, sold 1 million in a week?

I think all media does t b h. Capitalism is pretty corrupt.

Total War isn't niche at all you fucking retarded zoomer. It's about as big as PC exclusives get.

I bought Three Kingdoms. It's pretty good.

Attached: 20190530071019_1.jpg (1920x1080, 301K)

China, dude

>I literally do not know a single person who has bought Three Kingdoms and even people who love total war games don't like it. The Total War general on /vg/ hates this game and literally no one is playing it.
It's my favorite Total War game. Sadly, /twg/ got raided by autistic Warhammerfags and it's a massive shithole since then

Lu Bu is fucking bonkers in this game. He can just charge armies and wreck shit up by himself.

your complaing about niche shit yet you are most likely friends with 4channers and this is a niche website, so if they hate the game none of your frineds would be playing it.
use your head brainlet.

>Excellent reviews
>Setting lots of people like
>First not warhammer game in a while
>N-no one bought it!

This is why no one discusses the game in twg, because in results in mentally ill people like OP crawling out of their holes to be contrarians. Imagine talking to the therapist you'll inevitably end up with and telling them you made yourself a schizo trying to deny reality to shit on a videogame.

Cao Cao was always just above average. He had a good eye for talented people and his morale was very neutral so he didn't make bad decisions based on his morale code. Liu Bei though was always just garbage and only had luck on his side.

Take a wild guess, retard.

Attached: 1557153016465.png (693x700, 808K)

>Traditional
>Strong themes of supporting the status quo
>Zero chance of westernisation creeping in
and that's it

Cao Cao was portrayed as a man whose genius was in his ability to judge people. He knew what men were worthy, and he knew how to make those men work for him by treating them well. And he knew how to manipulate his enemies, making him a strategic titan. According to the book, anyway.

How young/dumb do you have to be to think companies would just lie about sales data on a whim?

It just sucks that Liu Bei got the best people out of sheer luck.

Not sheer luck, user. Mandate of heaven :)

>it doesn't exist in my bubble how could it exist outside of it??
dumb
>I'm sure some no generic mobile gacha game got over a million downloads last week and never got mentioned once on Yea Forums
Yea Forums loves gachashit, is this your first day? fapbait faggot weebs stay spamming threads about some mobile dogshit. i bet there's even gacha threads up right now

Ok sońygger but for Sony its true

Get phased out.

Attached: baizuo.png (949x1816, 435K)

Wtf, PC is dead. Gonna buy a tranny station now

>I refuse to believe a game making feudal warlords look like hero demigods is allowed in Communist China
Dude you have NO idea, that's literally all of what wuxia is about

Why do people hate it? I haven't played much but some of the mechanics are way better than the last handful of TWs, the improved trade, families/courts, etc

It sold well because China I think.

They made this in 2016

Attached: Guan_Yu_Statue.jpg (1321x1228, 909K)

That's metal as fuck.