What were they thinking?

What were they thinking?

Attached: Sekiro_Isshin_the_Sword_Saint_cover.0.jpg (1200x800, 103K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XSRJGXUMBCs&t=44m15s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What’s the problem? It’s a fun fight

Ten tries. You?

casual

HESITATION IS DEFEAT.

>sword saint
>pulls out a fucking gun
God dammit B-team

Like 15.

Fun fight.

>Let's make a great last boss

Attached: 374847262837.jpg (2560x1920, 1.72M)

>Ah, Sekiro! While you studied the blade, I spent my life studying the Glock!

that you need to git gud

forgot Nioh friendoh

I got two explanations for you:
1. Sword Saint is a mistranslation as it is a title in japanese given to great warriors regardless of expertise in a blade.
2. Isshin is such a badass that only Sekiro got to see him in his second combat phase because he never had to resort to use anything else than his sword previously.

>2. Isshin is such a badass that only Sekiro got to see him in his second combat phase because he never had to resort to use anything else than his sword previously.
I was wondering this. Supposedly that was the Isshin that turned the tide of war by himself. Isshin at his prime. That means Sekiro is more powerful than a legend like him.

I don't count, had a great time though and I know it was more than 10

yea that final phase was a mistake. lightning reversal de-escalates the fight instead of escalating it.

If there's a Tomoe DLC, I hope that she'll have non-reversible lightning attacks.

>mfw parry charged attack

Attached: 1565752110938.jpg (448x525, 105K)

or even better, she can lightning reversal your lightning reversals

Attached: 1558643567579.png (625x642, 324K)

3 days
I enjoyed every second of it

Attached: 1565930330014.jpg (480x515, 47K)

Most fun fight in the game. I’m a casual and found learning to parry his attacks very rewarding. The fight isn’t even that hard if you just learn the rhythm and pay attention.

You can be the biggest badass with a sword in the world and still know a gun is a better weapon

Only two.

However Demon of Hatred took me like thirty tries.

>about to do demon for the first time
>NG+3
w-what am I in for?

I want to enjoy playing this game but i cant
the only boss i've enjoyed fighting thus far is Genichiro and the iron soldier on the bridge. everything else has felt completely empty to me. I just got to Owl and it feels so boring to whiddle down health so slowly and have posture meters hardly ever matter.
Even basic enemie arent worth fighting

>Ten tries
Is this skill level of the average player? No wonder journalists said this game was too hard.

I'm not trying to be Mr. Big Dick Hardass L33t Gamer, but not a single boss took me more than three attempts (however I never fought Demon of Hatred) and most I beat on the first attempt. I simply don't think any of the bosses in this game are hard, certainly nothing on the level of Orphan of Kos or Ludwig.

Orphan of kos was easier than isshin imho, ds3 dlc bosses were more difficult though. In previous souls games if you couldn’t beat the boss, you could always summon help, they removed it in sekiro so you actually had to fight the boss to progress.

I didn't count but I legit wish I had more tried, only fight that I regret actually beating, shit was fun

This is reasonable actually. The game didn’t even mention he could do Way of Tomoe until you fight him. It was assumed that he just looked at his niece Genichiro practice and learn it just by looking.

Sword Saint is in the top five greatest Fromsoft boss fights, alongside Gael, Orphan, Ludwig, and Artorias.

am I a gamer or does it look like he's lowkey holding his dick?

Attached: 1564007424689.jpg (640x929, 343K)

>posture meters hardly ever matter
Are you killing the bosses by getting their health down to zero?

2 days.

Probably like 30-ish tries.

Good-ass fight. One of my faves.

What are the chances of even getting dlc? The game has been out for a while

>niece Genichiro
Freudian slip

Ludwig wasn't hard. Orphan was a bitch because he wouln't get the fuck out my zone.

>ludwig

Look, Ludwig is a great fight, a fantastic fight. He has the best music and design and I think is one of the most memorable fromSoft boss's of all time, probbaly my favorite.

But was a he hard? Not terribly. People even comparing him to OoK boggles my brain. How do people think this? Are you literally going for him directly after you beat Vicar Amelia or something?

The only good boss in this game? Yeah, I know, what the fuck were they thinking making the final one the only fun one?"

Attached: 1409518367945.jpg (1280x720, 59K)

Uninstalled at this point
Would propably take me over a hundred tries

you uninstalled at the final boss?

DLC when?

Attached: 1555739099030.png (602x517, 425K)

HERSITERTION ERS DERFERT SERKIRO

Attached: Isshit.png (1280x720, 1.59M)

Isshin was way harder for me than kos or even ludwig,both I beat in 2-3 tries and I barely died to bosses in BB overall. I think Laurence was the most difficult for me.
Isshin and DOH gave me trouble but the latter was really fun. I just cheesed the end fight because I had a hard time telling what attack im getting. Thrust animations starting with a wide swing into a thrust and having multiple swing animations doesn't help.

It was a good, fair fight, and not even the hardest in the game for me. The only thing wrong with it from a gameplay perspective is how they they make you fight the other guy each time you lose, but that felt intentional, to hammer in how much you've grown and just how strong this guy is compared to the guy who was set up as the Vergil.

only thing I didn't like about him is that one combo in the spear phase with a really quick startup that also has superarmor

"We should make one of the coolest boss fights we've done yet."

Also the whole Ashina style is about doing whatever it takes to win. Even Genichiro does this with the whole immortality nonsense.

>still no DLC where you go back in time to fight shinobi couples like young Sculptor and Kingfisher and young Owl and Butterfly

and then he still lost three times
what a LOSER

After genichiro I was so excited for more bossfights like that
but then it becomes really boring slogs of bashing my head against the wall until it finally breaks
genichiro was fun because you had to nonstop rush him and you had no windows of stopping, you had to break his posture to beat him in every phase
now every fight is just getting their health to like half and then posture meter comes back in, most bosses regain their meter in seconds until you get them to 50% or so, its so irritating getting 1 hit and then repeating 1 or 3 parry combos just to get another 5% of their health down for an eventual actual posture break
and THEN its time for phase 2 where you'll die 2 or 5 times more until you figure those out and beat it
its been this pattern for every boss and its really boring. I dont even use prosthetics or items, they feel pointless to use at any stage in the fight because i'll either die and lose them or ill get far enough in the fight where i wont need them.

What do you mean, he's easy as shit, just focus on chipping his health down to half for the latter phases then go in for the kill

Genichiro's AI is so busted

Think they outright confirmed that it's not getting DLC

>is called the sword saint
>nigger pulls out a gun on me

Attached: 1515784530091.png (372x340, 132K)

I found him and Demon of Hatred pretty easy whereas the first Owl and the first Corrupted Monk fight gave a tough time.

I think you're just playing the game wrong. You're supposed to be aggressive and keep filling their posture bar but don't be sloppy you have to know when to attack.
You're right about one thing though this game is reliant on knowledge instead of skill which i guess is one of the failings of souls games in general.

Didn't they say the same for DS1?

>"I will say i only needed 10 tries. Yeah that sounds pretty good to me, not too few not too many. But isn't 10 weird as a number? They could think it 8s too much of a coincidence and call me out on it. No, actually 10 is perfect because it is such an even number! In fact it makes it even more beleavable! Yeah i'm going with 10."
>*click*

Three. Demon of Hatred only took like four too. The two guys you fight next to the shrine before Isshin took me more attempts than both of those combined.

they where thinking "hhmm how can we make one of the best ending boss fights of the last 2 console generations?"

How is the wiki still so unfinished and full of broken english this long after release?

youtube.com/watch?v=XSRJGXUMBCs&t=44m15s
Three.

Attached: 1472479497198.gif (162x227, 566K)

There hasn't been a good souls wiki since DS1 wikidot.

2 tries, he used lightning twice in a row which was nice

demon of hatred fucked me up loads of times

20 or so. I wish the fight was more unique rather than just an endurance fight of a mash up of previous bosses.
a souls boss in a game that has mechanics that tried to pull away from the dark souls formula. each NG felt easier than the last and I know part of it is just learning the fights better, but I think the difficulty scaling and the power scaling from absorbing memories is not proportionate either.

>this is supposed to be Isshin in his prime as a warrior
>he's like 50 fucking years old
What were they thinking

>abloobloo posture means nothing
Fuck off this board you underage retard
You can deathblow owl with 3/4 of his health left if you stop being a pussy and actually take the aggressive
If you're that much of a shitter that poke and run tactics is all you can do a boring fight is what you'll get. Get up in his face and leave no breathing room

You're being too passive. It's possible to deathblow Guardian Ape if you're aggressive enough

He's pretty easy compared to Owl 2

>greatest hits edition
God they look awful

I'm terrible at this game and I don't even think he was the hardest. Pretty surprised to find out people are saying he is, but maybe it's just shitposting.

like most of the bosses in the game, I was relieved when it was over. Kinda disappointed in the game but still think it's worth playing once.