Can't buy only one month of PS+ anymore

This company is such a fucking joke.

Attached: 20190816204747.png (1920x1080, 636K)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.playstation.com/en-us/product/IP9101-NPIA90005_01-PLUS1MONTHPACKAG
camelotherald.fandom.com/wiki/Pricing
youtube.com/watch?v=8AyVh1_vWYQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>70 fucking dollars
Holy shit when the fuck did that happen? Wasn't it around 60? Who would even pay for this?

retards and degenerates

$70/yr?

XD

>Holy shit when the fuck did that happen?
When they knew they "won" this console generation.
As for who would pay for this... Idiots.

The only joke here is you user. If you can't afford it then don't buy it simple as thart

Attached: 1541987344361.png (242x210, 101K)

I can still buy 1 month subscriptions on their online store. Fuck you for getting me all worried over nothing.

You still can. You just have to access it from the slow as fuck PS Store.

Auto-renew is also on by default so if you buy it once the second the subscription wears off it rips money from your account again. Never use your credit card.

It's the Canadian price, it was like 40 for a year in June through a sale though

store.playstation.com/en-us/product/IP9101-NPIA90005_01-PLUS1MONTHPACKAG

people thats been a sub since release is up to over $400 bucks just for the chance to play games online
that's fucking nuts

>Used to have free online and ps+ gave you a dozen of games each month
>Then paid online happened
>Then it dropped to 4-6 games each months
>Then price raised
>Now it's only 2 games
Only retards would be pay for it.

That's why the first thing you do after downloading whatever "freebies" you want is turning that auto-renew shit off.

>PAY US MONEY TO USE THE INTERNET CONNECTION YOU'RE ALREADY PAYING FOR
I'm still surprised that this is a. legal, b. accepted by console users

>Never use your credit card

This. If you wanna be super genius galaxy brain about it, buy Playstation store cards and use them to sign up, if you have to have it. Never put your credit card in their system. Ever.

Attached: literallyme.jpg (680x680, 69K)

Yes you can. In fact I just did it the other day. Fun fact, PS+ is 6 dollars in latinamerica instead of the standard 9$ everywhere else. Thats because our currency is utter shit.

I. SAID. YOU. CAN'T.

I don't give a shit about online. I mostly use it for sporadic data backups since I have lost all my shit before due to a freak accident. I don't like it but I'd rather not lose my data again.

It has been a thing for ages on PC. MS was the first one who recognized how retarded gamers were and implemented it on their own system.

>It has been a thing for ages on PC
>pc
???

camelotherald.fandom.com/wiki/Pricing

$70 for
>a service that was free for the PS2 & PS3
>free games* aka trials that are picked by Sony so they're always bottom barrel shit and you lose them after membership expiration
>Exclusive discounts
>Online game save storage which was free on PS3 but nobody uses this shit anyway

So hol up you mean to tell me it only costs me $70 a year to get an exclusive discount so I can spend $3 less than non PS+ members in sales? What a steal!*

*a steal for Sony, the thieving cunts

nobody pays full price for this.
PSN is almost always on sale somewhere.

inb4 >paying for online

whats the matter? too poor?

You can, you have to sign on to SEN on your computer and search it from there. It’ll take a little bit of digging, but you absolutely CAN buy 1 month of PS+

you can also go to Gamestop and tell them to search on the computer for a 1 month subscription. If the employee is new, they will swear to you it’s not possible. But as a customer simply tell them to search the system - and get a manager if the employee can’t

t.former GameStop employee

>not just making new accounts to activate free ps+ for 14 days globally across all accounts and repeating

>I waste money because I'm terrified of someone, somewhere thinking I'm poor

Imagine being this person.

Attached: 1535778729140.png (223x226, 5K)

Time = Money.

why would you want to buy a month? It's a waste of money.

that's just mmo subscription. you still have to pay that on top of the online sevice fee to MS or Sony if you play FF mmos

You out yourself as an obvious shitposter when you're using the canadian dollars as official price, on top of ignoring the fact that it goes on sale for $40

>just
No, it's a fucking subscription and the model all the console manufacturers base their shitty subscriptions on. That shit didn't start with consoles, it started before them and they smelled the easy money.

I'm still riding the $20 per year deal they had in 2011. I'm stocked up past fucking 2023.

You can usually find a 12 month PS+ code for $30 at some point during the year
But I imagine they did this because people would sub for 1 month just to get a PS+ game they wanted on discount

t. poorfag

>PS2
zoom zoom

>you still have to pay that on top of the online sevice fee to MS or Sony if you play FF mmos
No you don't, not on the PS4 at least, none of the MMOs need ps plus to connect to them which is actually why FF14 isn't on the xbine since MS did want to double charge people and SE didn't like that
Also none of the free to play games require ps plus for online play, if you do have it though there's usually some cosmetic shit or whatever you get

Amazon sells 1 month cards. I know monthly costs more butt it's how I keep the kids in check. 1 month of internet for any device depending on teachers report at the end of each month.

imagine owning a console in the year of our lord two thousand and nineteen
fucking peasants

Imagine not owning one while also having a gaming PC. Fucking peasant.

Sonyroaches and Nintendisabled spit on my face constantly because I play on PC. Because I have no games and because PC is a "complementary platform".
I just smile because I don't have to pay twice to use my own internet.

Imagine giving money to the people killing video games

>That shit didn't start with consoles
paying for using online multiplayer started with MS

>you lose them after membership expiration

Wrong.

Are you retarded? You had to pay a sub to play online multiplayer in daoc.

I just play single player games really. Can't remember the last time I subbed to PSN plus. Must be like 4 years ago or something. I can't really even think of any online games from this gen that interested me.

2 cents were added to your bank account

based and nintarded

one month is the only good one and only during big sales. i got like five games at 75% price during a sale a few months ago and the money i saved more than covered the sub price. i only play single player and free games anyway.

I got to play Gravity Rush and Sleeping Dogs from using someone else's PSN account.
I'm sure it's printing money for them, but I really just dislike the idea of subscription services. Not something I'm remotely interesting in supporting. $10 a month isn't much until every jackoff in a suit and their dog wants a piece of that action.

Don't think I'm remotely alone on this one, all those subscription crate services are dying off for good reason.

That compartment you shoved your crayons in to melt while playing games was supposed to be used for a network adapter, user.

>Gravity Rush

That one has free online. The second game was free too.

Yup it's not even a Sony specific thing either
Turned off auto renew on my Xbox 360(i remember doing it too) and mysteriously another $60 got pulled out of my account a month ago
Their support line basically just said "yeah well we cant refund it" and when i yelled at like 3-4 different people said "it'll take between 15-30 days to go back into your account"

Literally happened to me. Got a free 3 month psplus bundled with the ps4 at the same time bloodborne was free that month. So was pretty happy with it.
Subscription ended AND IT BOUGHT ONE YEAR AND I CAN'T FUCKING REFUND IT.
Almost sold my ps4 then and there. My relationship with sony haven't been the same since then.

Attached: 1500815217566.jpg (480x468, 10K)

I played Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence online on PS2 and Resident Evil Outbreak. Problem?

listen retard, there's a difference between 1 game, and an entire console forcing you to pay a subscription to play any game.

What region is that? It's still 60 bucks here in LA.

>Has never had a broadband adapter or Slim PS2(which has one built in) and played the PS2 SOCOM games, Full Spectrum Warrior games, and MGS3 Subsistence online

You missed out man.

Canadia.

>That one has free online.
That's fair, I meant as in Sony's "free games every month" thing. Got some decent gems from that.

More than I've ever gotten from Humble Bundle, to be fair. But still, someone else's account.

I just buy a month whenever an online game comes out that I want to play. Which is very rarely. I think I only paid for 3 months combined this whole gen.

Back it up to a fucking flashdrive you retard

Way to out yourself you literal fucking child

R E T A R D

100GB for cloud saves though!!

Listen retard, console manufacturers only pull this crap because the PC audience showed them that gamers are retarded and will gladly pay a subscription fee for literally anything. The PC userbase already proved that people "pay twice for their internet connection", so others are exploiting it. They are all a fucking cancer to the industry, but pointing the finger and making fun of one userbase while another userbase has the same dick shoved up their arse isn't helping anyone but your tiny ego.

Why does this always happen? The company that “wins” a console generation just goes full retard and thinks they can get away with anything, then they get fucking destroyed next gen and the other winner continues the cycle

Another thread full of people who don't know the exploits to get free plus. Makes me feel secure that they'll never fix it so thanks for that.

If you buy around christmas time you usually only pay $40 for an entire year. The $80 is for suckers who don't pay attention to their bills like how AOL still makes money.

>PS+ ran out a few days ago but luckily didn't auto renew I think
>shit's just the cost of a new game or 2/3 old games I could get instead and it just feels like a regretful purchase whenever I pay for it
Can't wait for the day online subscription for consoles die off again or become less jewish, but that's never going to happen anytime soon since all three jumped on it.

Attached: 1564693942989.png (234x184, 46K)

wait for the new xbox, might have to switch back. only reason why i went to ps4 was because those scum fucks at microsoft wanted 100 dollars to fix my 360 after my shit RROD'd out of warranty.

might have to take the gloves off with these sony cunts soon.

The consoles are the part going away. Soon it will just be connecting to the internet to stream your game for $10 a month

Speeds not fast enough? Well if the internet providers decided your area isn't worth serving it probably isn't worth it to keep your business streaming either.

That mentality is how people become poor. To gain and maintain wealth you must always look at ways to save money. But you’re a dumb underage fag so why am I even bothering

>Soon it will just be connecting to the internet to stream your game for $10 a month
I hope streaming never really takes off as a platform outside of stadia (and I hope that never becomes successful)

$10 a month for the privilege of streaming games? Wow what a deal I'd gladly pay $20 a month to stream games. Why, I can think of many things that are a waste of money that I buy but $30 to stream games, that's a no brainer. ONLY $40, game changer!

you're comparing games as a service mmos to any game that isn't a continually updated game. no one paid additional to play counterstrike, borderlands, team fortress and other non subscription games

And it still laid the groundwork for the shit that the console manufacturers are pulling. Not that it stops there, how many fucking subscription services are there right now that are also available on PC thanks to mmos starting that shit? Microsoft has one, PS now is on PC, I think ubisoft and EA have their own shit, there's humble monthly and probably a lot more fucking shit that started all thanks to PC players gladly paying up to use their own internet connection.

The streaming model is just too good for the consumer AND too profitable for the business hosting it, I don’t know how it works for usually around $10 a month but it’s going to take over gaming just like it did with music and movies/TV.

The company that "wins" the console war is the one that gets their console out the door first. The Xbox 360 was rushed to reach the market before the PS3 could be released and it suffered greatly for that (look up the red ring of death).
It's already been proven by the Steam Summer Sale of 2019 that people want to choose the "winning" side (just look at what happened to team Corgi). Companies know this so they want to desperately sell as many consoles as they can asap to play on your fear of missing out. It's just a useless buzzword for them to mindlessly spout like "it has x amount of terraflops." The average consumer doesn't know shit about anything they buy

you pay for internet don't you?

>can't afford 70USD per year
nigga you need to get off Yea Forums and find a job

Just loop yourself with Black Friday deals of PS+ for like 40 bucks if you really have to

Attached: D0LWutcV4AI-IMP.png orig.png (870x610, 514K)

youtube.com/watch?v=8AyVh1_vWYQ

I rotate between camping locations that host free wifi cause they don't charge for one night stays in the spots with no hookups and I survive off the little debbie pastries sold at the nearest gas station.

If I buy Plus on one account in one region, can I use that Plus on the same machine but a different account in a different region?

don't buy psn cards idiot

SALES TAX fucks you up.
i had 120 for KH3 and RE2, but with tax was like 125. I BOUGHT THE CARDS SO I COULD PAY A FLAT PRICE, ASSHOLES, WHY SHOULD I PAY TAX FOR A FUCKING DIGITAL PRODUCT?!

It's not that we can't afford it, it's that it costs more to play my game online than it did to buy it in the first place. Doesn't that sound ridiculous to you? Also we are on 4channel.

Ask your state representative about that.

Thank Trump for pushing for that, used to I didn't even pay tax on Amazon

what's the best way to farm kelbi horn in MHW? just murder kelbis en masse?

a month? just one month?

sounds pointless

The physical cards for 1 month still exist and it’s constantly on sale through various websites

Fuck Micro§hit

Xbot drones brought this trend.

Retard retard

Some people like to buy it manually every month. This is the smart to do because I doubt you are playing online every single month right? I know I don't.

Maybe 3 or 4 months out of the year do I play online on and that's spread out over the entire year. Maybe I'm feeling like an older game in January, a new game in July, and COD or some shit in November. The 3 month package wouldn't do it for me.

What Sony is doing is stripping away more and more freedom and options to save money. They're doing it solely because they can and consumers let them.

No, because he is a literal drone.

>buy psn card
>try to redeem it
>your code is already redeemed

Yes this actually happens. And if you ask for help on sony support they just shrug

I've had it happen once when I bought a gift card for bone live. Went back to the place I bought it from and they gave me a replacement because of the receipt. Stills beats giving them my card.

How many times has Sony been hacked? You would have to be batter wife to give them another chance to fuck you up.

Twice I think.

Calisoynia will do that to ya.

#4THEPAYERS

Just issue a charge back on your credit card. They'll prob blame whoever redeemed it.

Why do gamers continue to allow themselves to be fucked in the ass?

Imagine this shit in movies.

Oh no no no you are like a little baby hahaha.
Timesplitters Future Perfect
Resident Evil Outbreak
Jak X
Everquest Online Adventures

PS2 was legit console online gaming's peak.

Imagine paying for your internet
And then not being able to use it on the console you bought
and then paying a ransome to be able to use the internet you already paid for

Attached: 2467236.png (980x540, 2.02M)

Lmao this piece of trash is already 70 bucks? Imagine playing more than what a release AAA game costs only to play fucking peer to peer lmao. Consoles are such a joke.

Retarded kids

Damn, looks like we need second jobs.