ITT: We take a perfectly okay game mechanic and make it worse

>bows have to use a specific arrow type correlating to the bow itself
>health packs that respawn are random sizes but respawn faster
>getting three wins in a row in any kind of gambling minigame has weapons drawn on you for cheating (this is an anti cheat measure and can be activated through natural play, with flags set locally in the save data, even after rebooting, updating, or relaunching your device/machine/console or game

Attached: oh i hate this.jpg (400x400, 20K)

>you can run but it uses stamina.

>active reload that requires mashing the reload button to make it reload faster

>save files are stored in the cloud
>you can only have one
>if you try to play offline you have to start a new game
>one connected online your save game resets because you started a new game
>you have to start over yet again because your offline game didn't save

>Rpg
>Each area only has a certain amount of random encounters, preventing grinding since there's no way to reset them (and missing items if this is something like ff7 where you can morph stuff)
>Your level raises depending on where you are in the game, not how much exp you got from enemies
>You can run from encounters but that counts as losing that monster encounter forever (ties in to the limited random encounters)

>"running" is just jogging, character never run with decent pace

>Stores in rpgs cycle through different wares based on your system's clock once a week.

Sounds like a legit mobile game mechanics.

If you run backwards or while looking up there's a chance you'll fall.
If you run into a branch at head level, your character will get stunned.
'cuz realism!

>Guns have only 2 spare magazines
>Once they are depleted, they must be refilled by hand, one bullet at a time

Attached: 1559948403573.png (1530x958, 1.76M)

I liked Receiver.

>you employ several artists to make cool looking armor but you lock those armors behind a global loot pool with 0.x% chance of a random enemy dropping a random single piece armor from a random set
>this ensures that you'll never have a complete set of your beautiful armor because the drops are random, sometimes when you kill a boss he'll have a carrot and 2 gold and when you murder a kobold he'll drop an endgame breastplate
FUCK KINGDOMS OF AMALUR, YOU PIECE OF SHIT UNFINISHED OFFLINE MMO

Shooting ejects cartridges and leaves bullet holes
But there is a limit of 3 cartridges and bullet holes in the world, shoot more than that and they'll start despawning in your face!

Attached: 1562055568543.jpg (1332x850, 85K)

Have random drop tables decided on character/account creation. Most tables have everything at varying drop rates, so your rare could be someone else's common, except for a few which have only a tiny fraction of the items/materials available at all, making it impossible to progress very far without trading or spending real money for what you need.

These tables are permanent for that character or account and there is no forewarning that such a system is even in place.

Jumping
But you can't control your airborne trajectory

>Walking still takes up stamina

>enemies can open and close doors
>it's only because it's mimicking your behavior and is artificially chasing you
>run in circles or constantly open and close one door and you just get it in a constant loop of doing nothing

Attached: Delete this.png (852x700, 709K)

It's that game that looked like a warframe spinoff
ECHO if I recall correctly.

I WAS JUST BULLSHITTING, A GAME ACTUALLY DID THAT?!

Attached: king kong opens the trunk.gif (370x281, 865K)

Not exactly like that but it did something similar
When you did certain actions (vaulting, crouching, firing the gun, etc) the clones learned those abilities for the next cycle, unlearning everything else. As an example: in cycle 0 the enemies are at their most basic level, you sneaked and did a silent takedown. In cycle 1 the enemies will sneak and do silent takedowns on you, as a response you vault over objects and shoot them, in cycle 2 the enemies know to vault over objects and fire guns but they completely forget about sneaking

I like this

Fucking re:outbreak

>i like microtransactions, cancerous markets and lootboxes
Kill yourself

>Game requires answering questions from the game manual as a means of anti piracy.

>first person shooting
>you use an analog stick to aim

>weapons have durability that gets effected by not only how you use them but the environment they’re being used in
>gets taken too far to the point where using a gun in a desert is impossible or hitting a stone wall once with your sword drops its durability by 1/3

One of the monster hunter games (3U or 4U I think) did this with charm tables except there's no trading at all so if you got a bad table you're just fucked.

Attached: 1486844336318.png (403x354, 62K)

That's 3U and afaik it's a bug. Works properly in P3rd for example with the table changing based on the current time whenever you start up the game.

What is PSO Bob?

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 made certain rare blades harder to get for different people, though Kos-Mos was always at a 0.01 drop rate