Why does this game get so much shit?

Why does this game get so much shit?
Because it isn’t Fallout?

You’ve all been saying you want another obsidian Fallout and this is the best they can give you.

I’m hype

Attached: 377CD2DF-FA8E-4D0D-83D0-69BF639CF351.jpg (1200x675, 144K)

I think it has something to do with the Epic Store.

Its Obsidian (Yea Forums hates them now) and is trying to be New Vegas’ spiritual successor (Yea Forums now hates New Vegas because it got too popular with normies)

No Avellone

>female writing team
Yeah that's gonna be a yikes from me

The only people complaining don’t play video games.

>Why does this game get so much shit?
Because much like Borderlands it is dripping with reddit and 9gag

Yea Forums is infested with Bethesda shills that simply cannot permit Obsidian stepping on their masters' turf unabated.

I'm withholding judgement until I actually get my hands on it. The noise your character makes when you jump is awful tho

This, and it has a female writing team that has left leaning views.

Yea Forums IS normies

Well lets see:
>Shitty graphics
It literlly looks like Fallout 4 and Fallout 4 looked like outdated trash
>Animats straight out of Fallout New Vegas
Webm related
>Gameplay looks like shit
Remember the people who said they play Obisidian games because of the gameplay? Me neither

Its looks pretty unerwhleming

Attached: 1565169532497.webm (1280x720, 2.99M)

>Epic exclusive
>Most Obsiden talent has left the company
>Published by Take 2.

Even if it wasn't exclusive to Epic, it'd still need a year to be any good anyway to get bugs fixed and the DLC included.

>Remember the people who said they play Obisidian games because of the gameplay? Me neither
I remember people always saying they like their games because they had decent writing.
Considering the majority of the talent has left that company I doubt it will have that either.

The gameplay videos didnt look very good, I'm still giving it a chance but I've lost a lot of interest in it. Luckily it will be on xbox gamepass so I dont have to buy it.

dont worry, its one of those games that Yea Forums shits on a lot but once its out, youre gonna see hundreds of threads about it.

A lot of what people liked about Obsidian games was the writing. Certain twitter bios leave many people very cautious. People also hate the epic exclusivity and the gameplay trailer looked mediocre.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1539x375, 184K)

Imagine thinking this abomination made by feminist women will be a spiritual sequel to new vegas
As always, the common gamer always proving he is as retarded as always

Isn't the "left leaning" writing all about anti-capitalism and ridiculing capitalism? That's a good thing.

Wow I just lost even more interest in it

I will fight capitalism by pirating the game for the common man

that's also a good thing user

I'm with you bro!! this game looks BREATHTAKING as FUARK, just like Keanu would say!!
Reminds me of something wholesome and fun, yo, like a comfy game to play while leaving some good flick like The Avengers: Endgame on in the background desu.
I'll be buying day one!!!

can anyone explain why this game is always being compared to New Vegas?
the game looks more like a bioshock clone than anything.

nigga the marketing campaign is to literally compare it to new vegas the moment it was revealed, and in the first 5 seconds of the very first trailer + interviews
don't act retarded

Because it's Obsidian

Even though Sawyer, Avelone and Gonzalez have nothing to do with this game

Sony and Nintendo fanboys don't like Obsidian now because it's owned by Microsoft.

The Obsidian who made NV has been dead for years

Because everything that came between New Vegas and this has made it clear that their talent is either gone or doesn't give a shit any more.

It's mostly Troik guys so I'm fucken Hyped

>She/Her

Every time

Attached: LAUGH.gif (391x365, 712K)

>b-but the marketing campaign said!!!

yeah, i dont follow that bullshit. im not faggot sheep like the rest of you.

looked aight then the BIG RED FLAG waved from Epic

you're obviously fucking retarded so let me spill it out once again for you:
the devs themselves are saying this is a game like fallout new vegas, a spiritual successor to it.

No, they said "from the original creators of Fallout and the creators of Fallout: New Vegas"

now think again why they chose fallout instead of other games they've made, such as pillars of eternity

Because it's... popular?

Look, I think this game has potential, but I'm not gonna shill it like you. It's the same story, different game: people come on the Chan to complain or shill, the game comes out and gets a 70-80 metacritic score and everyone forgets about it 3 years later. Why can't you just appreciate shit for how it is? See what you like, hope it gets better, and move on with your life. It's not like convincing any anons is going to make the game better or worse.

I don't know if this game will be good or not but it definitely looks way more like Fallout than the linear game that is Bioshock.

They even talk about VATS and having features from Fallout.

>Pozzed writing team
>Janky animations
>Muh rick and morty humor
>DUDE CAPITALISM LMAO
>Epic chinkshit store

Because people like Fallout and normies know what fallout is

>graphics fag

begone normie

no one cares about Obsidian trash games

Attached: OuterWorlds.jpg (900x900, 1.13M)

alright i'll just post a picture of something i don't like, edit some basedboys and some wojaks in...

kys smoothbrain

Cain and Boyarsky together have yet to fail me. I'm expecting this to be well worth the gamepass I bought for this.

Then again, I enjoyed Deadfire a lot, so what the fuck ever. Yea Forums has shit taste in RPGs.

>Remember the people who said they play Obisidian games because of the graphics? Me neither

>Developed by RPG veteran devs Obsidian
>Project led by Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky (Two responsible for innovating the genre past dungeon crawling)
>Backed by two of the largest publishers in the industry (Take Two, Microsoft)

And yet it looks so amateurish and mediocre, doing absolutely nothing new and just being New Vegas in Space nearly a decade later.

Because Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky are literally the two original creators of Fallout, zoomer. Concept and engine Tim Cain, graphics and style Boyarsky

Bear in mind this ugly tripfaggot is excited for Cybertranny 2077 and liked The Witcher 3. His opinion can be safely disregarded.

>Am I so out of touch?
>No, it's Yea Forums who's wrong.

>Yea Forums has shit taste in RPGs
>I enjoyed Deadfire a lot
yeah, it's "Yea Forums" with the shit taste kek

It's not Epic Exclusive, it's on the windows store and gamepass.

>And yet it looks so amateurish and mediocre, doing absolutely nothing new
That's what you get when you replace white males
La la la la la
That's what you get when you hire niggers
And fe-ma-les

Yeah but they think they aren't.

Because it looks exactly like Fallout 4 had a baby with Mass Effect Andromeda.

>Implying you faggots even played Deadfire
You saw some screenshots, some threads obsessed with crying about gay fish and called it a day.

yeah that reddit meme is right Yea Forums is just wrong most of the time

some of the autists on this board just get really aggressive and repetitive with their low-tier threads

usually it's the same format, some autist says THIS GAME SUCKS, and then everything you say after he responds with "NOT AN ARGUMENT, DILATE, COPE, SEETHE, TRANNY, REDDIT" and then it gets like 500 replies

I was excited for it but the gameplay really looks underwhelming. I might get it when mods make the combat and other systems better, if they ever do. I imagine the writing and quests and stuff will be good which is the only thing mods cant fix, so thats fortunate

I don't get how you could infer this from what we've seen so far. What made fallout good wasn't exactly something you could show in a trailer.

It's a new game therefore shitposters have something to focus on, same with Cyberpunk.

shit son
this is spot on
im still going to play it though

looks bad and all the companions look like dykes

I think it's mostly the epic store thing I've wanted an RPG that looks like it for years

lmao bro you haven't seen the infographics that one guy looks like some other guy from a show i don't like this game is DEAD IN THE WATER

VAPORWARE BRO GET WOKE GO BROKE

I don't know what the fuck deadfire is but Yea Forumseddit hates it that probably means it's good.

NuVegas is one of my favourite games but this looks outdated and it hasn't even come out yet.

I respect your right to do so, user. I enjoyed Dragon Age II even though it was objectively shit. Just make sure you go in with low standards.

They released a bunch of hour long gameplay videos recently.

The game will come out, will be well received, and the threads like this will disappear, as it always does with games like this.

Story doesn’t look interesting.
Gameplay looks meh.
World looks boring.
Graphics and animations are 10 years old.
No modding.
No third-person.

Because each attempt Obsidian makes to create their own universe rather than simply deconstruct a setting made by others, has been more disastrous than the last. Aside from the outdated gameplay and lifeless cities, Pillars of Eternity's only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of combat mechanics, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Sawyer vetoed the idea of making anything at all innovative or original; he made sure the game would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable nostalgia pandering to ageing Baldur's Gate fans. Pillars of Eternity might be anti-casual(or not), but it’s certainly the anti-Divinity series in its refusal of spontaneity, fun and excitement.

>a-at least the writing was good though

"No!"

The writing is dreadful; the narrative was terrible. As I played, I noticed that every time I engaged in dialogue with an NPC the game presented me with a Wiki-page style infodump instead of anything resembling actual human conversation.

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time this was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Sawyer's mind is so governed by obsession with pointless minutiae of the lore that he has no other style of writing.

Later I read a lavish, loving review of Pillars of Eternity by the same David Gaider. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kiddies are playing Obsidian games at 17 or 18, then when they get older they will go on to enjoy Dragon Age II." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you play "Pillars of Eternity" you are, in fact, trained to shill for Bioware.

Attached: img-pierce-brosnan_165321196698-750x1000.jpg (750x1000, 159K)

All these years later, Divinity is forgotten and is only brought up when faggots like you feel the urge to measure your flaccid cocks against those of Obsidian fans. Find meaning in your life beyond game series.

>she/her

Attached: 1394315323724.jpg (419x480, 81K)

I can't really put a finger on what's wrong with that game but it just looks absolutely soulless. Like thay trying to impress some 40yo childless sassy women.

Attached: 1520668822569.jpg (2048x2048, 366K)

It looks like a straight copy of the recent Fallout games, but it isn't Fallout so it doesn't get a free pass for being shit, or;
It looks like a straight copy of the recent Fallout games, and recent Fallout games have been getting lots of bad press.

Attached: 1469252863491.png (811x720, 426K)

What's wrong with females writing?

Y I K E S ! ! !

Attached: 1485117756567.jpg (475x593, 103K)

Where is that from?

Tyranny by the very same Obsidian.

>10 years since last good game
>having any kind of hope left
kek