It isn't the uninspired storyline that offends me. Nor is it the retarded dialogue, or the shitty weapon/armor models...

It isn't the uninspired storyline that offends me. Nor is it the retarded dialogue, or the shitty weapon/armor models, or the repetitive quests, or the soulless NPCs, or the forgettable locations, or the FAGGY crafting system.

The most heinous and unforgivable crime here is that they didn't even bother to make unique skins for the unique, pre-placed legendary weapons dispersed throughout the game world. They didn't do it because New Vegas did it and Bethesda fucking despises NV.

Attached: FO4.jpg (1920x1080, 2.2M)

NV made them a boat load of money for very little outlay.
Why would they hate it?

ok

No idea. Perhaps because people preferred it to Fallout 3? Maybe they didn't like how high of a bar it set for future games. All I know is that Todd Howard doesn't even mention it unless it's through gritted teeth.

Attached: CE.jpg (1199x718, 148K)

I unironically like Fallout 4 more than New Vegas.
>inb4 zoom
I'm thirty

Because it's people's favourite. Which means people liked it.
Bethesda doesn't want you to like their games.
Or have fun.
They hate that shit.
If only they could just get your money and skip or the entertaining attempt stuff. That'd be great.

Attached: these-are-things-fun-police-enamel-pin_300x[1].png (300x300, 34K)

Low IQ, I wager.

Brave of you to just put out your I.Q. score like that.

I see. Obsidiots are earning their nickname yet again.

Same here fellow boomer, however the main story sucks

Bethesda literally did the factions and companions the way they did because of New Vegas you dumb fucking retard.

It sounds spurious but I also believe that Bethesda felt outdone by New Vegas, they also withheld the bonus as it didn't meet the 85 review score on metacritic.

Attached: 17gjeh4jtsylujpg.jpg (640x360, 55K)

>WHY WASN'T FALLOUT 4 NEW VEGAS 2
kys OP.

Is horizon good?

Oh wow they did the bare fucking minimum in order for the game to not be universally panned.

>no faction reputation
>you can join all factions and stay friends with them no matter what you do until you hit certain quests
It's nothing like NV

The bonus they offered unbidden because they felt the deal Obsidian made was kinda tilted in their favor?

Not to mention that finding a """""Unique""""" is incredibly underwhelming when they just have generic legendary enchantments. It doesn't feel very Unique when you can pull a weapon with the exact same enchantment out of the ass of a Legendary Glowing Bloated Angry Enraged Enogrged Roadroch Roamer

This was during a time were Zenimax seemed to try to undermine smaller studios and make then financially dependenton them to later aquire them, like they did with Arkane.

I think they actually got fucked over and that Bethesda paid metacritic and bribed them to give obsidian 84.

Prove me wrong.

It was because of gun customization and laziness. Also, remember those random legendary weapons that straight up had magical enchantments on them? That's Bethesda's idea of an improvment.

>one of the Fallout 4 New Vegas guys remakes the service rifle for FO4
>handplaces a bunch of actuall unique weapons in the game
>but first you have to start a generic levelled quests otherwise the handplaced guns wont spawn LMAO
why do modders do this

Attached: 32361-1528756330-995788438.jpg (1920x1080, 1.28M)

>No preplaced legendarys

It's not because of NV, they simply stopped doing that in Oblivion onward. In morrowind you could get a daedric weapon at level 1 if you were lucky or knew where to go and the same with artifacts. In oblivion the majority of these items were quest rewards that were scaled to your level and became crap once you left the level bracket you were in when you received it.

Skyrim had a whole bunch of actual uniques, Daedric Artifacts and others.

They bribed someone to save a million dollars (Minus the bribe)? That is the theory you are going with?
They could take the mil out of petty cash it wouldn't be missed.

Yeah, but skyrim is boring crap.

There are plenty of pre-placed legendaries on Fallout 4. The issue I had was that there is nothing aesthetically different which would label it "unique" besides its retarded fantasy legendary effect.

This is the biggest reason I can't enjoy modern Bethesda games.
Because so much of the loot is scaled to your level, you're not going to find anything from dungeon crawling that you can't find from a merchant in town.
The only point to doing anything other than following the quest arrow to the next location is watching your money count go up, which stops mattering after 1 hour of play when you have more money than god.

Because people like to fabricate drama.
Pretty clear from all the different interviews that Toddler and various employees see NV as something different from what they do, this goes against THE NARRATIVE and is ignored though.

Not even the skyim enchantment they have in FO4 is unique because the same effects can spawn on any weapon.

Imagine thinking this

I just recalled that most of the legendaries in Fallout 4 are locked behind vendors or quest givers, as the guy I replied to stated. Therefore, legendaries are gay due to what I described in the OP and because they're locked behind some sort of wall 90% of the time.

>mfw about 600 hours on this game
Running around collecting junk to take back to my comfy settlements really hit the spot. Name another game where i can have all my waifus assigned to a pillory so i can use them as cum dumpsters. Don't even use mods.

Most RPGs have factions and companions, having them is nothing special.
Fallout 4 factions still have their typical guild design of doing chores and rising to the top but with more relevance to the main plot this time.

That's blatantly untrue. The biggest source of legendaries in FO4 is in form of drops from legendary enemies, unless you play on easy which reduces the rate of legendary enemies.

I meant to say "pre-placed" legendaries, as I said in the OP.

>take contract to make game
>can’t even meet the deadline
>have a story around 2 factions but don’t even bother making the faction besides a few nameless npcs on the roads and some lines of dialogue
>REEEE fucking Bethesda!!!
Should have given it to a competent dev. The fact the got an 84 has nothing to do with how lifeless the game is I’m sure

legendaries are shit and gay

Why bother having weapon variety in an FPS when you can just slap a +15% explosive damage modifier onto the same shitty pipe gun you've seen a thousand times already.

An ex dev went on Redd*t and aired Obsidians dirty laundry. Don't blame Bethesda on this one.
Obsidian's management makes the myth about Bethesda's business practices look tame in comparison.

>no ammo types
>but instead literal magic effects that make your gun suddenly shoot spells at the enemy
TODD

Attached: 1471714435181.png (349x164, 35K)

Fallout 4 is mediocre. Anyone who "prefers" it to fo3/NV either a)didn't play much of fo3/NV or b) is a literal fucking grug brain who doesn't like reading and plays fallout for the fucking gunplay LMAO

This is factual. Also, most of the people in group (a) who didn't put much time into fo3/NV fall into (b): grug brain territory and their attention spans were too low to complete fo3/NV(which are vastly superior RPGs in every way from plot to gameplay mechanics, better levelling more quests and better areas to explore)

If you like fallout 4 you have fucking awful taste, it's a soulless cash grab on par with the lion king remake

>An ex dev went on Redd*t and aired Obsidians dirty laundry
Did he also have an uncle at Nintendo?

Why are you just following the quest arrow? Just go explore like everyone else.

Even if that was true I would still blame Bethesda regardless.

Why explore when there's nothing of value to find?

It was Chris Avellone so I think his bona fides are in order.

>open console
>help weaponiwant 4
But yeah, this gun is amazing

Attached: Fallout4 2018-07-10 16-03-49-59.jpg (2560x1440, 1.99M)

Learn to read, dipshit.
He's saying that doing anything other than following the quest arrow isn't satisfying.

It was RPG codex and Avellone pretty much complained that Obsidian treated him pretty shitty on his departure, not business tactics.

You have me stymied as I can't fix stupid.

Um, that screenshot is not canonically accurate. What would a veteran ranger's coat be doing all the way over in the Commonwealth.

Let me try to rephrase things instead of just being an asshole back.
I do not feel like modern Bethesda games have enough unique content to justify exploring for exploring's sake.

So the withholding pay and not repaying it when they did get paid doesn't count as shitty business practice?
I don't know what you are skilled at but I want you to come work for me.

I'd say I hate everything about Fallout 4. Todd really pulled one on my there.

We aren't all married to the old do thing get pellet style of gameplay.
The world is worth exploring for its own sake for many.
Different strokes and all that.

I'm not one of these retards who unironically think Obsidian could make a good game. Every game they ever made was a bunch of good ideas buried under shitty gameplay, bugs and halfbaked messes.
But what i'm saying is that Obsidian being cunts to Avellone on his departure says nothing about the development of NV.

The reasons they didn't do it had nothing to do with NV. They were just fucking lazy and terrible at everything.

I always played Unarmed builds with Powerfists. I loved NV because there was a slew of them including a Blast Fist. However in 4 there is only one kind with two mods. Unarmed was destroyed in 4 because I can only assume they didn't want to go through the effort of making a bunch of items for niche builds and forced everyone into Melee weapons.

That's what a commie would say

Attached: Fallout4 2018-07-07 21-02-57-87.jpg (2560x1440, 1012K)

> Todd really pulled one on my there.
Are you ok?

Just because obsidian are shit now doesn't mean they haven't made some good games wtf?

SOUL.

Attached: pf.png (1600x1050, 1.07M)

Melee and unarmed in FO4 is criminally unfinished.

Attached: IMG_6786.jpg (1280x1703, 315K)

>only saving grace of the entire game is DLC

Why can't Bethesda get their shit together and have the teams that make their DLC just make the main fucking game already? The core game is never good. They've proven this for well over 10 years now.

SOULLESS.

Attached: pf2.jpg (1000x786, 71K)

At least with Melee weapons you have options. With Unarmed you start the game and then kill Swan and you are done for the rest of the game.

Well that is what you are saying now.
Being shitty to your employees tends to lower morale and lead to departures and sub par efforts.

Look at Obsidians track record. Bethesda isn't to blame.

Bethesda is mad obsidian managed to make a arguably better game than they did with a much stricter time frame.

WHATS GOING ON HERE

Attached: 1553256761861.jpg (512x512, 117K)

Triple A development makes my fucking head spin. They waste all this time on concept art and ideas and then, while using the same engine they've been using for decades, making a sequel that's functionally identical to its predecessor, they still fail to produce even half of the planned assets. How the fuck are game developers so awful at project management? It's not just Bethesda, almost all of them have this ridiculous drawing board stage that has almost no relation with the final product. Like how they made a 2d Zelda to test ideas for breath of the wild. Game developers are addicted to wasting time and money on pointless shit and then rushing together an incomplete piece of crap just before their deadline

>you can be friends with all factions till certain quests
That's also true of new Vegas you fucking retard

just kill Swan and take his power fist, ez.

Attached: Swan-emerging.jpg (1920x1080, 336K)

DLC almost always turns out better because the team is working on a smaller sandbox so they have an easier time spreading content and making it a more tighter expierence.

They never made a good game in the first place

you are a fucking idiot. the bonus thing was something added in by zenimax.
zenimax already contracted out the game to obsidian and said hey if you reach 85 or more we will give you some extra bucks.
and obsidian failed to do that because they made a buggy piece of shit like always.
this has been confirmed by chris avellone.

Waking Cloud.

Attached: Waking Cloud.jpg (800x571, 239K)

they didn't do that with arkane.
they just bought arkane outright.

>Just kill Swan and take the only Powerfist in the game because there is no variety to them and that one starts with a mod
There are a total of FIVE unarmed weapons. Boxing Gloves, Knuckles, Deathclaw Gauntlet, Meat Hook and Power Fist.

That is sad.

That gets to a core problem with the way Bethesda designs games now though. The main team is hell-bent on making the map fuckhuge just for the sake of it. Focus on making fun quests and a leveling system that's focused on multiple playthroughs that pan out differently each time instead of just making a massive map and filling it in with leveled shit everywhere.

>this is your brain on obsidians cum

Here's a hint: They don't

Fallout 4 felt extraordinarily small and restricted when I played it. Might be because roughly 40% of the map is either water or glowing sea. It's a shame they fucking canned all that cool stuff they had planned under the oceans.

Attached: ncr.png (1168x804, 1.24M)

I'd like to see maybe 3 or 4 seperate maps instead of one big open world one, provided all of them had the same quality of solstheim or the shivering isles.

What I really didn't like about FO4, and basically all Bethesda games, was how they tried to sell it. At E3 they had their presentation for it and immediately start up with this bullshot of Codsworth speaking aloud one of hundreds of character names (a feature that isn't shown a single time after this one instance) and then the stupid opening part with the epic power armor minigun vs. deathclaw showdown. The one time Todd isn't lying out his ass, he's front-loading the game for promotional purposes.

The scripted deathclaw encounter in Concord was exceptionally deceiving because that is the only time in the entire game where an enemy interacts with the environment in such a way.

Attached: Life.jpg (1089x712, 129K)

Not true, actually. I remember an encounter with a deathclaw on a rooftop where he climbs up the side of the building to get to you.

Oh shit, make that two instances of scripted enemy encounters.

Attached: 11550578-1505224251.jpg (1920x1080, 856K)

Yeah, I remember discovering my first vampire lair in morrowind. It ended up with a nord vampire smashing my skull in 2 hits with a steel great hammer. But nowadays they'd just be a weaker lower level vampire.

>They didn't do it because New Vegas did it and Bethesda fucking despises NV.
This isn't true in the slightest and I wished people would stop spouting this. Pick apart factual problems, not made up slights.

>Fallout 4's Cabot quest references the Mojave
>Kellogg is from the East Coast and lived under NCR rule
>Mr. House is mentioned by Deacon
>Nuka World directly references Sunset Sasparilla and how Nuka Cola tried (and failed) to compete with Nuka Cola Wild

Attached: FO4NW_Nuka-Cola_Wild_poster.png (1077x536, 1.27M)

*West Coast
Brain fart, sue me.

>Factory-made "AUTO" fire mode on side of Wattz 2000 laser rifle.

Um, that's not canonically accurate.

>energy weapon that is so retardedly big it actually looks okay in powerarmor
>mod authos HAD to make a custom animation that breaks in PA mode

It's not the Wattz 2000, it's a non-canon interpretation called the 3000.

Attached: 23434-3-1492005605.png (2196x938, 2.69M)

>mod authos HAD to make a custom animation that breaks in PA mode
Absolutely none of the vanilla reload animations look good and heavily limit what you can do with the overall model. Take a look at every Creation Club weapon and look how retarded they are. The CC Anti-Material Rifle had to be reduced in size by like 50% because it reuses the Hunting Rifle animations. Also the animations only break in third person, so there's an easy solution - don't.

What if you like them all and have played them all to completion?

Is there a single person in this world who prefers the left-handed hunting rifle bolt in Fallout 4 over the right-handed bolt from 3/NV.

No, literally nobody. Those things are memed harder than the lever-action rifle reload animation.

Attached: man of shad.jpg (1920x1080, 896K)

>More hours went into sculpting that ass than were spent in the writing room by any of the devs

I think you're intentionally ommitting the fact that they only had 18 months and still made a better game than Fallout 4, which took 4 years.

I believe the most prevalent opinion on that is"I have no opinion on that"