>consistent, well-reasoned opinions
>still allows for his mind to be changed and admits when he's wrong
>absolutely zero drama
>shares only the barest of personal details
>casual Trump-bashing
>casual racial jokes
>gives zero fucks
>lastly, the audio books are pretty good
When is Yea Forums going to admit Yahtzee's been our guy for years now?

Attached: based.jpg (1200x675, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lcJTVPtbddY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>cynical prick
>plays games on easy
>doesn't complete games before reviewing them
literally /our guy/

Jam would make a pretty good movie

I just took a big shit.
Came out in one solid piece and took two flushes before the wipe.

Just thought people should have something interesting to read in this thread.

>Can't even get past the tutorial in Monster Hunter Tri

This is like me listening to my 3-year old niece try to explain why Dacia was not a core province of the Roman Empire.

Attached: 1460734475386.jpg (574x411, 86K)

Based and fiber pilled

Has he ever addressed that he's clearly very bad at video games? I know it's a meme that journos are just worthless, but Ben seems like he might have enough of a sense of humor to talk about it

>doesn't complete games he doesn't like*
Fixed that for you. A bunch of you dipshits should learn to drop games that are obviously making you angry.

His Tri was rather infamous among MH fans, but there was also a lot of understanding. Games like MH require more investment than a couple of hours in a week can alow. Moreover, I think Yathz was expecting a DS-style experience, but was thrown off by the quirky aesthetic and 0-60 difficulty curve from fighting shitty mobs and collecting mushrooms to fighting G. Jaggi.

MH is also infinitely harder than Souls, and he's not the best gamer, his own admission.

Get a better toilet. Your weak ass 2 PSI waterjet it obviously gonna be shit.

I think he referenced it more during his early years. He's an adventure game buff at heart, so the twitchier games are likely a hassle.

He also went on the record saying that he makes the same mistakes while making games that he later criticizes other developers for in his reviews.
So he's very aware of the "do as I say, not as I do".

How would someone not completely fuckin insane ever even be considered our guy?

You don't strike me as the usual Yea Forums dweller

Well, if anything, he was clearly traumatized by Wolfenstein: Youngblood. I've never seen him so dishearteningly bitter.

shame about the escapist. I wonder how they still have money to even pay him anymore

I watched the first Yahtzee videos back on SA, ten years later they popped up on my yt feed and ... they held up pretty well. Not much more I can say.

Yahtzee is pretty fucking insane by his own admission. His "cynical asshole" schtick is not his internet persona. He really is an autistic shut-in.

I can't take someone seriously who can't get past the tutorial of any game and then proceeds to blast it.

Plus his games are pretentious garbage.

you forgot that he also made 4 games that are pretty good

They are slowly building back up I think.

Yeah, I like him and though I disagree with him on a lot of things he's consistent and even when he disagrees I understand why.
I only played Poacher and was honestly astonished at how good it was. What are the others and how to they compare?

Well that's even more surprising!

I thought his content was funny when I was a teenager but quickly grew out of it.

He admits to not being professional, but points out that large companies that hire teams of 100 creators for five years leading up to a games release should be held to higher levels of professionalism

Was talking about the Chzo Mythos series, didn't know he made a lot more games too

Dude genuinely loves his video games. Just look at his rant at the end of his hunt down the freeman review

*Tips fedora*

>What are the others and how to they compare?
Check out his Ego Reviews. He used to make playthroughs of all the games he made while complaining how shit they are.
I guess Chzo Mythos is decent, as is Art of Theft. Adventures in Fantabolous Wonderment also looks fun.

Escapist was bought up by a different company that actually seems capable to maintaining a business.

He was also playing with the fucking wiimote instead of a classic controller.

He less than "not professional", he's "can't even be bothered to play the games he reviews". Just because he pre-emptively admits it doesn't really make it better.

his games are actually pretty good desu, he's earned the right to talk shit about bad games

>makes a half life 2 video early in his career where he simply gushes over the game
>escapist tells him to stop that since being negative all the time generates more views
>every subsequent video is just him nitpicking nonstop because he isn't allowed to be positive about games
The man is a hack fraud whose opinions shouldn't ever be taken seriously because they aren't actually his opinions. You can like him as an entertainer, but it's sad how many treat him like a legitimate game analyst.

I can honesty say that I died with GS on first great jaggi 2-3 times before getting a kill and then later Barroth almost put me off from the whole game being a fucking stone wall.
Now many many years later and only game in the serieus I have nevery played being the very first I just giggle at the memory.

Some games are, some games aren't

I find it hard to think of Hatfall as Pretentious.
Time wasting game of catch the hat on your head

>Art of Theft
That is almost retail good game.

His Tri video also came out some three years before he ever even started to like the Souls games

I liked his games.

Attached: consuming shadow-620x.jpg (620x349, 21K)

His Tri review came long before he ever played Dark Souls. He was literally just that bad at it.

How the fuck do you die on great jaggi? Seriously? I went into MH completely blind, thinking it was a fishing simulator from the cover and even I killed great jaggi without healing, without sharpening and without knowing the controls.

I didn't even fucking cart. My first cart against Qurupeco made me think I was immortal or some shit. Barroth proved me wrong.

This thread is full of shillfags for him and even defending the escapist. Holy shit you're all retarded

I cant understand half of what he says.

Exceptions; not the rule. Imagine being such a pretentious prick making games so pretentious that you backlash against yourself.

Yea Forums only has room for one guy

But he's lost enough weight to allow us a few more.

Attached: GODLY.jpg (565x681, 261K)

>How the fuck do you die on great jaggi? Seriously?
I wish I knew. I can only speculate now because it was so long ago that its about not getting the movement with doding and sheathing.

Well, he was bullied by Anita Sarkeesian and he seems to be spineless as fuck - that's one thing that annoys me about him.

ure just mad lmao

Considering his weekly format, it's pretty crazy how consistent his upload schedule has been all these years. I think it's somewhat clear that his reviews are from a personal perspective and it would be unlikely to agree with everything, but it's entertaining nonetheless.

I don't treat him as a "reviewer" per se, just a dude who makes parody videos. It helped me not give a fuck too much about his opinions.

My mind certainly seems to remember the non pretentious more than the pretentious.
Seems like most of the pretentious one i think of were the ones from the discard pile that never got finished

You forgot
>Actually a decent amateur developer with some good games under his belt
And plenty of bad ones too, of course, but the dude put his money where his mouth is and made some games.

> Hates Halo and Mass Effect just to be a contrarian

much like Yea Forums of the cancer era where he was popular, there was a thin veneer of sarcasm and jaded cynicism over everything he says, and you are expected to take what he says he dislikes about a game and understand that he likes everything he doesnt mention. its dumb, but its not as dumb as people of the post-cancer era of Yea Forums who dont even understand the sarcasm

No, its because they're both console garbage series.

Cute. You think it's sarcasm? He's just a jaded fuck trying and failing to be the AVGN.

For real though, what other extremely popular reviewer/website out there actually calls out the industry for the shit that it is? You have to admit his stuff is a breath of fresh air from all the consumerist bootlicking that goes on in the games industry nowadays.

His 12 games in 12 months challenge is really interesting as well.

>Considering his weekly format, it's pretty crazy how consistent his upload schedule has been all these years

He makes one five minute video a week about whatever game he feels like that he doesn't even have to finish. He's not even shy about the fact that he'll drop a game after five hours. This isn't exactly a huge amount of effort. Does he even do his written column anymore?

Attached: Shino cross.jpg (357x386, 64K)

>tfw you actually want to play his Spacedew Valley/Red Dwarf life simulator game

I like how he shits on the Epic exclusives without mentioning they're exclusives, just sidestepping the whole shitcreek by pointing at how the water is full of turds.

Did he review a game he didn't play ?

he reviewed plenty of games he was quite openly unwilling to give a chance. Dropping most FFs after like 5 hours under the pretense of not accepting "It gets better later" as an excuse. Which I do agree with, however it's also his job to play the game, so he really shouldn't bitch out of it.

He's a god to me.

Yes, but did he not play a game and then review it.

I've always liked him. I miss when he would put random songs on videos before he was big enough to worry about copyright claims.
Learned of the Devotchkas and a couple other bands from his early stuff.
youtube.com/watch?v=lcJTVPtbddY

Attached: 1414360937642.jpg (640x480, 40K)

>one five minute video a week about whatever game he feels like
He still reviews most AAA stuff, but compared to "real" journalists he still has way more leverage from what to choose from, which is great in general
>This isn't exactly a huge amount of effort
It may not be technically, but I want to hear you say that after playing and writing the same fucking shit for 10 years.
I'm not a fan of him dropping games, but I see it as a personal viewpoint and it doesn't mean everyone will have the same experience, or that I can't enjoy a 5 minute video.

He thinks Undertale is well written.

>He really is an autistic shut-in.
True but he still managed to put a ring on someone so that makes him better than 99.9% of Yea Forums

He also occasionally pick at the sjw crowd.

>It may not be technically, but I want to hear you say that after playing and writing the same fucking shit for 10 years.

You mean doing your job? You seem to be missing the key point here. It's HIS job to play the games. Whether or not the game i bad is irrelevant, he chose a career as a game journalist/reviewer. You couldn't just drop your job after a couple of hours because you decided it wasn't fun. Hell most of reviews barely say shit about the actual game and are just long tortured metaphors and clip art made to fill seconds.

He's also fairly frequently just as annoying as they are every time he feels the need to open his non voting Euro Australian yap about American politics. Watch any military FPS video and see how long it takes him to start whining about white people.

He's still allowed to like games, basically the more petty the nitpicking the more he likes a game. Like complaining that items change the appearance in Bloodstained so you look retarded if you're wearing things for the stats.

Because it is.

Attached: The Return 12_7_2018 11_07_16 PM.png (1920x1080, 99K)

It is well written

For a video game

You don’t write video games the same way you do other things

Stop posting

like this

you faggot

>casual Trump-bashing
Is that really a plus when everyone with a brain does it?

Have you not seen his xcom/wolfenstien/just cause 2/obra din reviews you retarded faggot?

Well, clearly I don't see the whole thing as serious, since as you have said they usually doesn't go much into detail. That's why I watch other videos if I want a more in depth look or analysis, so I usually just enjoy a fast talking Aussie ramble about his vidya experience. Also having the option to choose is obviously not normal, but something that just happened to be possible on the internet and it doesn't bother me much

>Whiny bitch who throws a tantrum at games that fucking give him the slightest bit of challenge
>"Games R Art" fag who sucks off pretentious trash like Undertale
>Constantly throws a fit about Trump even though he fucking ran to the US to chase pussy
>Balding and wears a fucking fedora
Sounds like a redditfag to me

Attached: 974868972346493786.jpg (1074x1083, 49K)

>took a large, stinking dump on Smash that has reached legendary status
>nincels got so mad they bombarded him with hatemail to the point he felt the need to respond
>over 10 years later, nincels are still buttblasted
>Yea Forums is Nintendo central
Gee, I wonder why Yea Forums doesn't like him.

>sucks off pretentious trash like Undertale
does he really?

>That one LDA where he actually got angry at Gabe for not thinking Bioshock Infinite was all that great.

Attached: laughing rangas.gif (200x200, 742K)

I don’t like his bland avatar. That’s it. Didint like the style then, don’t really care for it now

>>still allows for his mind to be changed and admits when he's wrong
Fuck no. Time and time again he has jumped to conclusions about shit, and then blamed others for it when proved wrong.

He didn't review Undertale but gave it GOTY because you shouldn't have it spoiled because it's so amazing.

>name literally one time

He literally named it goty

yikes...

I woudn't mind if he reviewed it but he violated his own internal rules because it's such a special snowflake that it must get special treatment.