Here's your artificial difficulty, bro

Here's your artificial difficulty, bro.

Attached: Balder_Knight_enemy_dark_soul.jpg (250x168, 14K)

let me guess, you got parried? wanna talk about it Champ?

What the fuck why even complain about ds1 8 fucking years after it came out

>a game being old makes artificial difficulty okay

I've played all Souls to death and DaS1 is the most bullshit one hands down.
Not even gonna start about Sen's and all the hundreds of thousands of instakill shit.

>posture changes
>attack during this phase
>get parried
>learn not to do that again
There you go, tardino

I’ve just replayed the whole trilogy for a back to back to back no death run. I can easily say that ds2 is by far the most bullshit game. Every single room is full to the brim with monsters wielding colossal clubs that never stop following you, while archers spam arrows at you. Iron Fortress is a good example. Having said that, the bosses are all pushovers.

>artificial difficulty
>difficulty
WHAT
souls games aren't any more difficult than your average normie game, there's almost no learning curve, you just get used to mechanics within the first hour or two like any other game then you're good to go

do you have motor issues or something?

It's just bots made to look like there's still people coming here

>WWAAAAH IM A FUCKING BABY WHO NEEDS THE CHOICE OF BABY MODE IN HARD VIDEOGAMES
I bet you advocated for an assisted mode for sekiro

no, I drive a car but thanks for asking

Well I've heard that OG ds2 doesnt have the massive enemy ganking problem SotFS has, they went overboard with the number of enemies apparently, especially in places like iron keep, shrine of amana, and the dlcs areas

>*kick*
>*move behind*
>*backstab with Uchigatana*

>Well I've heard that OG ds2 doesnt have the massive enemy ganking problem SotFS has
it still has shit like the drop into the pit from majula and enemies who can magically block attacks with a shield even if you hit them on the sides

I honestly think 2 is the easiest because of how slow everyone is and how overpowered you can get so fast with just a few boss kills.

I just walked through the Funhouse without dying once literally 5 minutes ago

Unironically git gud

Dark Souls isn't particularly difficult, its just very punishing and doesn't hold your hand.

Ds2 has the worst case of "spinning enemies" of any souls games, literally impossible sometimes to get behind the fuckers

>>Dark Souls isn't particularly difficult, its just very punishing and doesn't hold your hand.
>treasure chests can suddenly eat you, with no warning
>elevators suddenly go into spikes, with no warning

>it still has shit like the drop into the pit from majula
lolwut?

You can pay Gilligan to drop ladders for you or you can buy the ring from the cat to fall safely yourself, there's nothing wrong with that drop

just jump attack bro nothing can parry jump attacks

>treasure chests can suddenly eat you, with no warning

There are subtle visual differences between regular chests and mimics.

There's a little chain running from chests that is laying differently on mimics, and if you stand and watch the chest for a few seconds you'll notice the mimics "breath" and you can see the lid of the chest open and close very slightly.

A perfect example of what I was referring to, there's nothing difficult about observing these differences but you're punished hard for making that mistake.

There's plenty of dumb bullshit to whine about in DS1, but the fucking Balder Knights? They're in the first area of the fucking game, literally just fucking get good. If you have this much trouble with them then honestly just stop playing

Seconding this user, the elevator with spikes has blood on the floor of it which none of the others do as well.

>which none of the others do as well
To be honest I don't know, it feels like the charred corpses on the bridge. It's kinda hard at times to understand what's a visual clue and what's just there for looks, not to mention there are no other elevators in sen's fortress up to that point. The logic that "well, new londo and undead parish' elevators didn't have blood on them, this means is different" is kinda far-fetched.

I do think Sen's difficulty is highly exaggerated though. Avoiding the swinging blades is easy as fuck and the boulders ave extremely forgiving dead times.

>takes a specific stance to signal that he'll parry if you attack
>artificial difficulty

Attached: 1496156887787.jpg (567x604, 43K)

The only part of Sen's Fortress that's difficult is if you fall into the oil pit and decide to pick a fight with all the Titanite Demons down there, and not just because of the slow-floor. Titanite Demons can be bullshit, especially in close quarters. The traps just require knowledge of where to avoid and move, the serpent men can be very easily backstabbed or riposted, and the serpent ladies can be stunlocked with arrows. Kill the bomb giant with arrows from afar, and you can summon Tarkus to help you against the Iron Golem.

I think the most bullshit area in the game is the Duke's Archives. If a Channeler spots you, suddenly every fucking Undead in the area will instakill you, and slow-flying arrows that you may not have noticed before are lethal. Not to mention the Channelers themselves warping out of range and then firing Heavy Soul Arrows all the time.

>subtle visual differences
>tfw in the remaster mimics are just clearly differently colored because of the lighting changes

I'll say the single elevator that shoves you up into some spikes in Sen's is kind of shitty, there's nothing else in the game like this and I'll agree the visual cues aren't very overt and its easy enough to interpret it as not a cue for such a thing, but the mimics I'll reiterate are well-implemented and they have visual cues that are easily observable if you take a few seconds before opening a chest.

I don't think you encounter any mimics in the first couple areas of the game, so you're conditioned to assume chests simply contain items after you've opened a bunch of them. Then you'll come across some with, as I pointed out, their little chains lying differently and the subtle breathing, and you're probably going to be genuinely shocked the first time you get eaten by a mimic, as you probably didn't take the time to look at them and observe those cues. However, after that first mimic, you're going to second guess every chest and look for those visual cues, which is the whole point. You're punished and expected to learn from that mistake.

Balder knights are piss easy, you're just retarded.

What's even easier is that because you can't break chests in DS1, just whack every chest you see before opening it. If it's a mimic it'll react and you cut it until it dies. If it doesn't react you can open it.

I refunded DS Remastered on Steam after an hour, and the Switch version I wound up getting is basically a straight port of the 360 version with basically nothing changed, thankfully

>tfw the 30fps Switch port is the most faithful
I just wish it were 60fps, I don't even care about the shitty sound effects that much

>>elevators suddenly go into spikes, with no warning
there's blood splatters on the elevator floor, and it briefly stops at the 2nd floor before continuing but still gives you ample time to jump off
not to mention Sen's Fortress is a house of traps so it's not like they're going to hold your hand through it

>there's nothing wrong with that drop
except for the fact that a fall that will kill most classes at the start of the game is a fall that does 1/4th of your life at most in every other game in the series

dark souls 2 went way overboard with how quickly fall damage kicks in and is also the only game where it can actually kill you at full life, in every other game fall damage works on a % and so you will always survive falls if your health is maxed out (no matter what it is) unless it's one of the instant kill pits

it's just a shitty gotcha for people who played dark souls 1 and dropped from heights that size or bigger all the time without issues so they can get that epic achivement for dying they put in this game

The game gives you two different ways to get down there, one of which is accessible pretty early on in the form of the ring Shalquoir sells. The ring says it softens fall damage, you see there's a pit right outside her house with platforms you appear to be able to drop down onto, put two and two together. The fact that DS2 has less forgiving fall damage doesn't change this. After you try once it should be clear its not identical to DS1 if you were expecting it to be so.

I've played 1000+ hours in every game From has released since Otogi 2

"Soulslike" format ranked:

Hardest enemies/levels:
>Demon's Souls > Dark Souls 2 > Bloodborne > Dark Souls > Dark Souls 3

Hardest bosses:
>Bloodborne > Dark Souls 3 > Dark Souls > Demon's Souls > Dark Souls 2

Best Multiplayer:
>Dark Souls 2 > Dark Souls 3 == Dark Souls 1 == Bloodborne > Demon's Souls

Best Story/World:
>Bloodborne > Demon's Souls > Dark Souls > Dark Souls 3 > Dark Souls 2

Best Combat/Mechanics:
>Bloodborne > Dark Souls 2 > Dark Souls 3 > Dark Souls 1 > Demon's Souls

Best Graphics:
>Bloodborne == Dark Souls 3 > Dark Souls 1 > Dark Souls 2 > Demon's Souls

Best Aesthetic:
>Demon's Souls == Bloodborne > Dark Souls > Dark Souls 3 > Dark Souls 2

Best OST:
>Bloodborne > Dark Souls > Demon's Souls > Dark Souls 2 > Dark Souls 3

Best Replayability:
>Dark Souls 2 > Bloodborne > Dark Souls 3 > Dark Souls > Demon's Souls

Best "Feel" on Launch:
>Demon's Souls > Bloodborne > Dark Souls 2 == Dark Souls > Dark Souls 3

>Best Overall Game
>1) Bloodborne (graphics, ost, story, combat, style)
>2) Demon's Souls (trailblazer, unique on arrival, solid across the board)
>3) Dark Souls (great followup to the trailblazer, some steps back, mostly forward)
>4) Dark Souls 2 (clunky systems but incredibly deep RPG with lots of replayability, tried something new)
>5) Dark Souls 3 (mostly by the numbers sequel that doesn't have a soul of it's own)

Don't even bother debating this post

Attached: soulspizza.jpg (1500x390, 380K)

When using that elevator I distinctly remember thinking:
'This is where I should get off, there's blood on it and something bad will happen if I don't move... Let's see what happens though.
*splash*
Yep, thought so.'

based

F O O D A N A L O G Y

BB and DS3 have by far the least replay value in my opinion.

BB has piss-poor character building, to the point where your weapon is basically your build, is extremely short and has awful PVP/co-op, DS3 is basically just a straight line so every playthrough progresses almost identically. All the other Souls games offer more replay value.

I suppose you're really meant to die at the first mimic or at least get a huge amount of damage. The game will trust in your ability to check for mimics from then on.

I know the very first chest is in an odd position (angled, not to a wall) but it's asking a bit too much for the player to immediately assume the chest will eat them. If anything, a more common trap like an enemy in the ceiling or hidden around the door frame would be more realistic.

That pizza analogy is actually perfect

BB has dungeons so it's infinitely more replayable than the rest besides DaS2, which is mostly because that one fucking black phantom that only appears on NG++ has some rare as shit armour drop type shit

>objectively praises bloodborne yet values what Dark Souls 2 did

based as fuck

mother of cringe holy fucking shit

If Demon's Souls has the graphics and animations and general combat fluidity of the later games, as well as the gear variety and multiplayer, it'd be the best of the lot still.

None of the games since demon's souls have been ever as tense as the climb down to Flamelurker or the climb up to Penetrator

Valley of Defilement makes Blight town look like a joke with blight towns kid friendly escalator to the bottom and non poisonous mud

Shrine of Storms the skeletons move faster than the player so it's the one area in all the games you cannot just run past the enemies in, they literally roll into your back and stun you into RIP

Demon's Souls still based

Eh, I found the dungeons to be far too samey and boring after the first 5-10 hours into doing them. Tons of repeating room layouts and enemies, all just to get slightly better bloodgems. And honestly the bloodgems kind of factor into why the character building was so homogeneous too. There's really no point in using anything but the straight damage percentage upgrade gems, so I just spent most of my time in the dungeons grinding for those.

Then you get to the defiled dungeons that halve your health, and I really hate to throw the term around but I felt like this was one of the few true examples of artificial difficulty in the franchise. Every boss just kills you in one or two hits. It got old, really, really fast. In my opinion the replay value comes from replay he whole game itself, which BB doesn't really offer much incentive to do. Still a great game, I just don't feel the desire to play it over and over again like I do/did DS1 and DS2.

Git gut nigger

BB>sekiro>DS3>DS>DS2>DmS

>Dark Souls 3 (mostly by the numbers sequel that doesn't have a soul of it's own)
How dare you say that it has no soul. From the very first notes of the menu music you should been able to tell that this would be a requiem to the series, and it does that beautifully. Gael alone personifies the spirit of the series in a way that makes the game feel like a shining gem in the sea of shit that is the games industry nowadays.
You all wanted another DS1 and can't appreciate what 3 was for its own sake.

DS3 is a Dark Souls game that seemingly forgets or didn't realize in the first place what made the previous games in the franchise endearing.

Attached: 1523549572948.jpg (481x291, 26K)

people protested so much about DS2 they cut everything about it from ds3, giving ds3 very little depth in turn

Actually it was much worse in vanilla.

What kind of pizza is Sekiro?

If you die to this more than once you're a complete brainlet

Attached: 5d86be0b-2009_sushipizza_port.jpg (1080x1920, 353K)

>Well I've heard that OG ds2 doesnt have the massive enemy ganking problem SotFS has
Maybe that's the problem I'm having with the game, just coming off DSR and having a blast with it, then jumping to SotFS and now suddenly every encounter is a frustrating mob encounter and it makes me not want to play cause the fireball throwing I had so much fun with in DSR now can't keep up with all the enemies coming out of the goddamn walls, much less the stunlocking shit when you do get nicked or hit by a poison glob.

It feels like all the stuff I found fun about Dark Souls 1 was removed in Dark Souls 2, and learning hollowing was changed and instead you lose max HP when you die as a hollow made it feel like unfair punishment for trying to learn patterns or getting cheapshotted.

Reminder that it is and forever will be:
Dark Souls > Dark Souls III > Bloodborne > Demons' Souls > Dark Souls II

Miyazaki never really wanted to make another souls game, and I appreciate him all the more for that, but From still gave us the satisfying conclusion to the loose threads left over by 1 being essentially unfinished.
Can we not appreciate that despite needing the money for further projects and just doing a cashgrab, we still got a very solid game well above nearly anything on the market?
Have you not enjoyed the scenery, the bosses, the atmosphere and the lore wrap-ups? Was it not fucking awesome to see Irithyll, Anor Londo, to climb up to Archdragon Peak and take on the Nameless King on a fucking cloud? To see how the world collapsed into itself at the very end and even go beyond it? To explore that beautiful painting whose very oil colors had started to rot away while still having beauty or to fight the Dark Soul itself in its aspects as hollow, man and god at the end of the world so that you can bring fire and dark to their humble origins and help create a new world when nothing was left of the old one but ash?
If all that isn't beautiful and worth the buying price, then I don't know what is.

No, fuck off nigger

>Miyazaki never really wanted to make another souls game
Source?

Everything you wrote about difficulty here is ass-backwards. DaS 3 had super easy bosses for me, while super annoying enemies during regular exploration and DaS 2 was the exact opposite.

>I've played 1000+ hours in every game From has released since Otogi 2
Basement NEETs don't impress or convince

>and learning hollowing was changed and instead you lose max HP when you die as a hollow made it feel like unfair punishment
It just takes the HP halving mechanic from DeS, use a Ring of Binding and it won't even matter

Yeah, that's what I did. Was still annoying that I had to give up a ring slot just to 'turn off' a mechanic that wasn't in Dark Souls 1 and felt entirely unnecessary here.

Well you'll be happy to hear that you lose 30% of your HP upon going hollow in DS3 too. Dark Souls 1 is the single outlier in the Souls series in this regard.

I heard you have to actively elect to go hollow there though, and it just doesn't let you unless you go down that sidequest path.

I've been of the idea that in general the "added punishment for death" in a game designed to be quite hard is absolutely hypocritical. Your punishment is that you died, you have to redo the level / restart the boss, shocking I know. Instead you get quite bizarre stuff, especially in Sekiro where they prevent you from speaking to npcs (???) and cut away half of your current money without any way to recover it. Both mechanics add nothing to the game and in fact make death more frustrating than it should be.

the only bullshit part is the giant that throws firebombs on your first run through. he almost always gets me.

> there's nothing else in the game like this and I'll agree the visual cues aren't very overt
i think it's the only thing in the whole game that's covered in blood. it screams TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP like a dude who saw a cute lewd of astolfo

>expect game to be better than dark souls 1
>it's worse
There's the problem people had with Dark Souls 2. It's not a bad game, perhaps it's even better than most non-Souls games, but it's on the lower end of the franchise.

that's why lordran is the best

>Balder Knight
>Artificial difficulty

What did he mean by this? I'd understand of he posted something like the NPC mobs from DS2 but this is just babby tier.

You got assblasted by the fucking balder knights? How much of a fucking scrub are you?

heh