Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dKBz1KsQY1Y
youtube.com/watch?v=pGnOt2jOI8w
youtube.com/watch?v=sOzM4ClFG1o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

any ff worst then ff7?

Not even top 5

Disiddia

I tried playing this recently, the gameplay feels very clunky.

no shit, everything else is brainlet and boring in comparison

Uh, Baldur's Gate is better.

IX>VII>V>X>VI>T>IV>XII>VIII>I>III>XIII>II>XV

Well, that was easy.

Attached: 611352-ffx.jpg (353x500, 26K)

no elevation, positioning doesn't matter, only use 3 characters instead of 8, tactics don't matter

nice try fuck

FF Tactics Advance

Anyone tried pic related? I hear it's a spiritual successor to FFT

Attached: Fell-Seal-Arbiters-Mark.jpg (670x384, 42K)

Checkmate

Will I enjoy this if my favourite FF game was 3? Being able to change classes is just too fun

This man knows.

Attached: shut up.png (500x589, 181K)

>favourite FF game was 3
You're beyond help

The way Tactics allows you to experiment with jobs is great fun.

decent, a bit fucking corny, unfinished, it's basically half way done

FFIV

Why would anyone play this, when they could play Jagged Alliance 2 is the real question.

Attached: Let the good times roll 3.jpg (859x1024, 106K)

why would anyone enjoy grid based fantasy medieval setting over modern day with guns

gameplay variety

Possibly the worst FF ranking ever

When Final Fantasy gets a playable Arnold Schwarzenegger character maybe it will improve.

Monk-chan!

Attached: 1446526618952.jpg (750x953, 333K)

7 is consistently overrated

I can name a better SRPG tho

Attached: 1544134395459.jpg (850x1186, 583K)

s-sauce?

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

>best game in the series
>no modern port
WHY

Now I'm imagining something like MUGEN but for strategy games. Just throw a bunch of shit onto a board and have them pick sides.

I could have sworn it got a Steam port recently.

Attached: FF Chart.png (2344x1898, 78K)

Wouldn't that be like those super robot games?

Not yet

>3 that low
>5 that low
>8 that low
>7 that high
>10 that high

Attached: 04.jpg (728x469, 66K)

This is one game I wish got the usual mobile port released on Steam already.
The mobile version is actually pretty good this time, unlike the abominations of FFV and FFVI

Are these games any good?

Attached: msc-boxart.png (300x287, 188K)

Attached: 1549750056968.png (564x228, 41K)

It is, but it still is a very good game.

That is because you're an idiot.

FFT fags are the worst.

Try to talk about FF:
>FFT FFT FFT. FFT is the best FF because I don't really like FF!

Try to talk about tactical RPGs:
>HEY HAVE YOU PLAYED FFT? SHINING FORCE? VANDAL HEARTS? NEVER HEARD OF THEM LOL. SO ABOUT FFT...

Fuck off with your overrated shit game

Attached: 1497760698925s.jpg (250x250, 5K)

Holy newfag, Batman

*blocks your path*

Attached: file.png (1024x768, 914K)

This. But SMT

Attached: dunkey_0.png (1684x751, 191K)

>great tier
Tactics
>good tier
6, 7, 10
>okay tier
4, Tactics Advance, Dissidia, Duodecim
>poor tier
8, 10-2, 12, Type 0
>shit tier
13, 15, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus

I'm gonna go ahead and say FF14 is better now since it contains FFTs story within it but also Shadowbringer's story too.

wow
i agree with your list 100%

>Bump up TA
>Bump up Dissida
>Bump up type 0 to a new tier between good and okay.

You should definitely play 5 if you have the patience these days to play a long RPG. It would probably be at least in Good tier for you.

12 with the zodiac system. Easiest question I've answered all year.

Hopping Hailey

Attached: Jumping Jessie.jpg (368x376, 100K)

yeah 2 at the very least

You are right, this was extremely well made Final Fantasy, its just not a numbered version.

both of you are dumb

Attached: 1564203546556.jpg (360x360, 10K)

this guy for real? Tactics fags barely say anything out of the the rest of the fan base.

FFT has the worst start of any FF game and then becomes really easy to break.

It only takes a bith of mathmagic

>IX the best
You can't be serious

>all this XV hate
It's the only game to ever make me cry, please delete these posts

>crying because of video games
We're really beyond help as a community, aren't we

It's alright, but I prefer Tactics Ogre as a spiritual successor.

If XV made you cry it was only because you were going to cry anyway and just happened to be playing a shitty bideo gaem when you did.

>It's the only game to ever make me cry
based weeb

dis

Reminder XI and XIV are mainline games as per the people who own and make the series whether you like it or not

this

But they're not comparable, the others are single player games and those are multiplayer focused games

>Spend 5 minutes to set up gambits
>can now AFK everything except for optional gimmick fights
thank god it had a x4 speed

Problem with FFT is it doesn't really count. It's clear Final Fantasy was tacked on for brand recognition. This puts it out of the race with core numbered titles.

Attached: FFT_blame-gut.jpg (500x386, 137K)

I'm surprised they haven't ported the mobile version yet. Doubly so because they changed the sprite artwork for that one.

Attached: redrawn.jpg (400x277, 29K)

one of the great travesties is the nature of ff11 prevented people from experiencing a great story. now the whole "story in mmos" is more accepted and you see people playing ff14 for that.

Attached: edge intensifies.jpg (720x480, 96K)

>But they're not comparable, the others are single player games and those are multiplayer focused games
On story basis the other players might not even exist because you are the Warrior of Light, Vanquisher of Eikons and Master of nodding in agreement of what you should do next.

I like that FFTA is getting less hate these days. Its FAR from a perfect game (I like it more than FFT but I can easily see why someone would prefer FFT over FFTA) but its not the perfect disaster people have been painting it as ever since it came out.

But user your hobby is escapism and it is not healty for you!
Yours truly - Pizza cutter sword boy

Underage alert

they're weird. basically the entire series is on pc now except 1 and 2 for some reason. they have psp versions ready to port.

FF3 DS

You make that joke but that line of thinking actually shaped me a lot as a pre-teen when this came out. These days I am unable to get escapism from anything, I always remember my problems and worries no matter what I'm doing. Its not awful but also sort of sucks.
Thanks pizza cutter.

so they just upscaled the assets before it became a thing?

big brain answer

I remember when they ported Chrono Trigger to PC they did this and the steam page was review-bombed for it. Square actually put out a few updates as well to address the issues which was surprising.

did you fucking play the game? its all based off FF classes and characters. Just because people praise it doesnt mean it doesnt count.

FFXIV.

Attached: FFXIV_Ramza_Beoluve_01.png (1000x624, 1.11M)

Nah man, FFXV did a good job connecting you to your buddies. It was sad to hear that song at the end, although imo not sad enough to cry.

>badmouthing the pizza cutter

Attached: pizzafft.jpg (640x547, 75K)

Wait, what the fuck? He seriously has pizza in his bag. I never noticed

Attached: 1563869304724.jpg (285x279, 18K)

>still no official release date outside of Winter
You're killing me, Square.

Isn't it coming to Switch soon?

>your opinion is wrong
Ahhhhh fucking shut the fuck up already you cry baby bitch

Attached: 1565852869732.png (200x223, 8K)

Tactics Ogre came out first though

And yet it still managed to be better than Fell Seal

I don't think you understood me correctly. Tactics Ogre came out before FFT. If anything FFT is a successor to Tactics Ogre

>youtube.com/watch?v=dKBz1KsQY1Y

A man of culture.

Attached: 3148.png (334x316, 60K)

No

Never played Tictacs or XII. The music used in the raid was enough to get me motivated to try both of them.
Antipyretic is goood.

vagrant story, tactics, type-0, and adventure are all better than the mainline ones

Switch and PS4, I can't wait.

youtube.com/watch?v=pGnOt2jOI8w

Attached: 1448390754989.jpg (837x576, 205K)

It’s the most invested I’ve ever been in a JRPG plot but FFT isn’t anything special as a tactics game.

I fucking love Ramza as a character though. There are actual harsh consequences for his refusal to compromise. I also love that, in a game where everyone who matters summons ghost swords from the ground or blasts people with bizarre magic, the main character’s special techniques are braining people by throwing rocks and screaming.

Marche was right.

My friend has been insisting that we both buy it and play online, is it really that good?

FF Spinoffs > FF Mainline Games
This isn't news

Attached: 1543132967730.jpg (540x784, 60K)

That version was hard as fuck.
I love it.

Which version of FF1 is this fighter sprite from?

>is it really that good
Yes

>>FFT FFT FFT. FFT is the best FF because I don't really like FF!
I love FF though.
FFT is still my favorite.
T > 5 > 4 > 7 > X > 6 > 12 > 1 > 13-2 > LR > 3 > 9 > 2 > 13 > 15
XI and XIV don't count but XI is outstanding and XIV is okay.

Attached: 4e21eefa4a1f1519081d38e8714eb874.png (491x491, 219K)

i think it has a wonderful story, and damn great characters, and both heavily outweights the absolute pants on head retarded character progression on quite a few jobs
it's among my favorite games ever.

>XI and XIV don't count
Why not?

It's one of the worst.

Guns are lame unless they're being used by mechs.

Fuck you, I don't want to play it again!

it's too hard to rank mmorpgs against single player. Your experience is too tainted by the people you play with and the length of time you play. The ending of Rhapsodies of Vana'diel hit me pretty hard but on paper it's nothing special. I haven't even played all that much XI compared to other games, but I have been playing MMORPGs since I was like 13 so seeing the ending to one kind of stuck a knife in my heart.

Attached: Ulmia_FFXI_Ikeda_Art.jpg (569x945, 289K)

There isn't one.

X should never be above the midway point.

I think 4 is my favorite.

Was it really that hard? It wasn't just my younger self being shit at jrpgs? That's good to know.

based

Attached: brosbeforeros(a).jpg (685x1029, 163K)

Which FF is best for a newcomer?

Attached: Black weeb.png (600x600, 135K)

doesn't compare. both games are good in their own way. bg is jankier and fft is more focused and has more interesting combat maps.

GBA sucks

>game is so bad it made someone cry

>has most of the jobs in the franchise
nigga what
it's more FF than fucking 6 or 7

i still get a little sad when i hear stand by me

Tactics>chocobo racing>crystal chronicle>9>food processing refuse>mainline

Tactics A2.

Vagrant Story is great, but it's not really related to the FF line.
It's closest link is FFT being that both are set in Ivalice.

>Nah man, FFXV did a good job connecting you to your buddies. It was sad to hear that song at the end, although imo not sad enough to cry.

As someone who hated FFXV, I did cry when the Boyband had to break up at the end of the game.

Shame the game had to force you to feel sad when Luna died her lack of screentime and character

This is just plain wrong. 6, 7, 8 and 9 are all better than any of the spinoffs

>8

>Which FF is best for a newcomer?

4, 5, or 6

Is anyone going to play Tactics A3?

>Is anyone going to play Tactics A3?

depends if this bullshit is on it or not

Attached: FFTA.jpg (400x475, 17K)

youtube.com/watch?v=sOzM4ClFG1o

For me, its

FFT>FF12>FF10

You're missing a few games there, user

Which version of FFT is best? PSP?

PSP/mobile is generally agreed upon

WotL>Advanced

Advanced is not a Port of FFTA

Reminder that Archer is the worst class

Based
Cringe

>tfw I've only just realised this
I only ever played Advanced, is the original worth playing? I thought it was the same game fucking hell

I just finished the return to ivalice raids in xiv last night, kinda want to play tactics now
do i do it bros?

Fuck you for making me check ;_;

Attached: 1556935509889.png (497x459, 331K)

Attached: fftactics_hero.jpg (1250x720, 138K)

They are pretty different kinds of games, atleast storywise. For example there are only playable humans in FFT. The story is also more medieval politics and grit than a high fantasy story. Gameplay wise they are pretty similar, apart from some things like how you earn your classes. And of course no laws at all. There is a reason why people keep praising FFT, it is a great game.

>I only ever played Advanced, is the original worth playing?

Yes.

>grind shit
No wonder they went bankrupt

Attached: 3D7DC3BD-C406-40FC-9E72-66ED1465CD8B.jpg (640x905, 188K)

Switch V and VI and this is objective truth.

Not him but which order would you play the two games?

>a version of FFT's story is basically canon in FFXIV lore
that raid was honestly a slog but I kind of love that they did this

9, ignore all the others for now, just fucking trust me.

Attached: Vivi.jpg (960x540, 64K)

Based and seconded.

Attached: ix.jpg (1200x800, 100K)

Crystal Chronicles?

There is no order to go by, both games have aged well enough to not feel awkward when going back and forth. It is likely that you will prefer the game you play first over the other. In my opinion you could possibly start with TA since I've found that people really hate how that game is more traditional high fantasy if they play it after FFT, so playing it first you lessen your own frustrations.

They have different titles, how did you not realize they were different games???

The raid was only worth it to hear antipyretic.

I mean, FFT port on PSP was called War of the Lions, so a different name but the same game.

>traditional high fantasy
It's isekai though

Attached: 1481396842195.jpg (400x460, 48K)

Thanks for the help

Still high fantasy. Things can have several genres.

Do you even know what high fantasy means, user? Not everything that is as gritty as FFT is high fantasy

Attached: 1551536463557.png (717x720, 1.01M)

But I wasnt referring to FFT as high fantasy, but FFTA. If you just call both FFT and FFTA as just fantasy, it doesnt tell anything about their differences.

9, since the characters are all cemented into roles. It's really cool because stealing in the game is actually really useful, since each boss has loads of powerful pieces of equipment that you can get before they're available in shops.

There's little things like sticking two characters in the same party that actually like eachother allows the first character to access magic sword spells. The party splits up a shit-ton, and it's used as character building because you get little optional mini-events that tell you what the other party's up to, or even how non-party members are doing while you're elsewhere.

This allows the game to make interesting fights based on your party composition, and it even has classic type dungeons where your characters are unable to use some magic. There's stone statues that you can use an anti-petrification medicine on to win, basic enemies that have unique little strategies and forms to spice things up, so it's not just a numbers game. On top of that the atmosphere of the game is actually really warm in that it's like a storybook fantasy in tone and art direction.

FF9 was a sendoff to classical fantasy Final Fantasy games, and after that is FF10, which you should play next and I will not spoil a damn thing about either game.

Attached: brass wizard lvl100.jpg (640x780, 108K)

I guess it depends on how much you loke retarded faggoty with your gameplay because the original has far less than the cringe advance games for babies.