Cancelled Arkham Knight sequel concept art leaked

Cancelled Arkham Knight sequel concept art leaked

Attached: file.png (523x745, 173K)

Other urls found in this thread:

eurogamer.net/articles/2018-10-02-no-rocksteady-isnt-making-the-leaked-harry-potter-game
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: file.png (372x834, 424K)

Attached: file.png (1020x470, 1.06M)

Attached: file.png (1011x517, 911K)

>damian wayne instead of terry
I'm glad it got canceled.

Why was it cancelled?

>Arkham Knight sequel
That's why

Damien is before Terry. The most common future timeline tends to go:
>bruce retires
>dick is batman for a bit
>damien grows into an adult
>dick happily stops being batman and passes the mantle
>damien fucks everything up and nukes the city
>quits
>years and years of no batman
>terry

WB Montreal's last game was Arkham Origins in 2013. It seems like they must have had several projects started and cancelled since then given they haven't released a single game since then.

I think they're having trouble just getting their shit together. Even after having Rocksteady do all the hard work lay out all the blueprints for Arkham, they still only managed to turn in something that was "OK" with Origins.

>Damien nukes the city
...I think they sorta glossed over that in the show

Don't care about the comic trends. Batman -> Terry is how I prefer it thanks to Batman Beyond.

Or Batman out of retirement like Dark Knight Returns.

Damien as a character actually was created after the show.

Damien didn't exist at the time. Preferable really.

Yeah but what if the game ignored the timeline like it very much should so no faggoty Damien?

Is that the end of the dump? Not a heck of a lot, but cool to see what there is.
Who's 'Black Mask'?

Yeah but that requires a lot of hoops to jump through as to why none of the sidekicks became Batman. The show had to erase Jason Todd out of existence and then have Tim become traumatized and then make Dick hate Batman to an extreme degree.

Die-Hardwoman?

Who actually likes Damien?

Attached: Harley.png (262x288, 124K)

Do you mean skip from present to Terry or erase those parts of the timeline? I see no problem skipping straight to Terry and making those just backstory or lore for his game.

Fujos, I hear.
Other than that I have no idea. He's basically DC's Carol Danvers. Nobody likes them but they're being pushed anyway.

As long as it means I don't have to play as Damien.

Just make it a different continuity

The first rumor was that they were working on a Suicide Squad game. That seems credible given the post-credit scene of Origins hints at that.

Then rumors were they were working on a Superman game. There's some Superman concept art floating about but no one's been able to tie that to a specific project so I don't know how credible that rumor is. That could be scrapped DC Universe Online or Injustice art for all we know.

THEN rumors came out they were working on a Damien Wayne game set after Arkham Knight. That seems to be confirmed with these arts leaks.

NOW the current rumor is that they're working on a Batman game based around the Court Of Owls. It's been hinted at by the studio itself on twitter so it seems credible but who know if the project will actually get released or cancelled like everything else they've worked on.

I don't have much faith in the studio DESU. Rocksteady has half the employees that they do and still managed to release Arkham Knight AND Arkham VR in the time it's taken them to release nothing. Arkham Oirgins also had a near indescribable "cheapness" to it.

He's alright if the story uses his character at the end of his initial big story character arc instead of the character he has when introduced at the beginning of his character arc.
Him being the Batman heir and Talia/Ras ties are an interesting dynamic.

Because Arkham Knight was so fucking fucked at launch they pulled it from Steam. Also Tankmobile stealth sections.

Attached: 1548918886283s.jpg (250x247, 8K)

I'm impressed how every media venture outside of the DCAU falls apart.

So I guess this is what Rocksteady was working on which kept being rumoured to show up at E3 for three years?

No. This was WB Montreal.

Oh that's better then. They're still working on something.

rocksteady is definitely doing the harry potter game right??

When will the wait end?

God I hope not. That would be such a waste of their talents.

Attached: 1451200194353.png (889x717, 858K)

If Terry did get a game then who would be the main villain?

Attached: Batman.gif (320x180, 645K)

Glad it was cancelled desu. I played Knight on console so I don't have any of the PC problems but it was still an inferior game from Asylum and City. The writing was of a much lower quality and the Batmobile was overused. Feels like the wrote themselves into a corner with the end of City.

i don't mind WB Montreal making one more Batman games using all the cool new stuff that was added to Knight, would be a waste to drop all that after one guy, take that over a Suicide Squad game

and that lets Rocksteady do whatever they want a bigger project like Superman/Justice League(?)

also, while i give Rocksteady all the respect for starting the franchise, their games stories were mostly whatever, Arkham Knight being the worst offense, while i really enjoyed Origins mostly, even with the Joker shit, Troy Baker made him fun again desu and i'd like to see what they'll do with Court of Owls

I'd like that. I haven't given a shit about anything Harry Potter related since the last movie.
The Harry Potter universe has a decent amount of history they could tap into. They don't have to focus it around Harry and his friends.

nobody likes damian

he's fun in Super Sons, low key one of the best runs of the decade

eurogamer.net/articles/2018-10-02-no-rocksteady-isnt-making-the-leaked-harry-potter-game

think Avalanche are making it or something

Attached: file.png (661x137, 23K)

I don't think they wrote themselves into a corner. I respect that they killed off the Joker and actually stuck to it. I know he technically has more screen time and dialogue in this game than any of the others, but that's not really Joker; that's Batman's IDEA of the Joker.

Batman's rogue gallery being able to now team up because Joker was no longer the "wildcard" that would fuck them up was also interesting.

I think the main problem with the story was that they needed a narrative reason to justify Gotham being deserted from gameplay reasons.

I like the Arkham games but where the fuck else could they go with them? Just Damian?

i love Knight but i still consider it a blunder in the story department cause of the Arkham Knight himself (you don't even have a real boss fight with him) and locking the ending behind 100% the game

ideally they shoulda have an epilogue where you play as Red Hood and you find out Dick or Tim became Batman or something

Tankmobile was unnironically great and a nice change of pace from normal batman gameplay, even if a bit uncharacteristic.

t. Non-autist

Attached: 1419915404540.jpg (575x579, 120K)

Blight

Attached: 16E1F398-7B75-4D9B-A6BC-6E4231F4DB50.jpg (600x729, 58K)

>Kill joker at the end of city
>release a DLC where they confirmed again he's dead
>and a comic in which they cremate him
>and the opening to Knight is the cremation

They really wanted people to know he was dead.

m-mommy

People who actually read comics and don't get all their information second hand and from gay ass cartoon movies

guess on paper it sounds like a bad idea, but they did it SO WELL, getting in and out of it feels really nice especially all the ways you can get in and out too, the controls in combat mode saved it too i guess, can't imagine a game where it didn't have that

I got the Arkham games on sale from the Humble Bundle awhile back. Tried to play them a couple months ago, and they were painfully boring. It just felt like on-rails AAA garbage. Am I missing something?

What the fuck are you talking about, "most common"? This is all pulled out of your ass.

Maybe he shouldn't be shit in those then

Nobody but Talia Al Ghul fags. He is the exact opposite of what a batman successor should be in every single fucking way; chiefly that he just shows up with a positive paternity test and is allowed to become Robin because Bruce apparently can't find a boarding school for the brat. The presumption coming off from this kid can be smelt for miles away, but there's no consequence for this and it is eventually rewarded with not just Robin's mantle but also Batman's after a while.

Terry, on the other hand, has to earn the cowl. His father was murdered by the usurper of Wayne Enterprises, he saved Bruce from thugs without the expectation of reward, and he had the fucking balls to steal Batman's own suit after finding out Bruce was batman in order to investigate Powers' bioweapon research. He doesn't steal it because he now wants to be batman, he steals it because Terry wants fucking justice; yet Bruce punishes him for his mistake and the two have to come to an arrangement about the cowl that places Bruce at all times in the leadership role. Terry's origin story is actually an interesting story in and of itself, while Damien's origin story in the comics reads like a shipping fanfic.

Nah

Attached: 1562834509636.jpg (564x216, 92K)

In the timeline between Origins and Asylum we have Barbara Gordon become AND retire Batgirl, Dick becomes Robin AND Nightwing, Jason becomes the second Robin and "dies" and Tim becomes the third Robin. Seems like they still have a lot of ground to over.

Batman Beyond. Which involves cyberpunk Gotham.

If a Suicide Squad game does get made, doing what Assault on Arkham did would be neat, imagine having Batman as the antagonist and you can only avoid him, any direct confontations only let you slow him down from your allies, no beating him.

Didn't the multiplayer in Origins attempt something like this? I never got to play it because of network issues at launch and when I went back later the community was already dead.

Asylum has some glaring flaws, if City doesn't interest you, then the series isn't your cup of tea.

Yes it was a 3 team war, Two face vs Joker goons with Batman and Robin trying to take both down. Can't say if it was any good, never touched it.

Super Sons and Batman vs. TMNT had great versions of Damien

Batman was hardly a threat on PC because lmao M+KB made reacting to him ez pz.
He didn't have enough quick disabling tools or speed to actually get much done.
Legit his biggest weakness was no prep time and so the criminals could style on him
it was unoffensive.

If Rocksteady comes out with ANOTHER fucking Batman game, I’m done with them.

It’s been 4 years now and they haven’t made shit.

>and locking the ending behind 100% the game

Should have excluded Riddler shit. Rocksteady knew people hated doing it for 100% so they made rescuing Catwomen reasonable and had her point out it's worth letting him hide in his hole instead of dealing with it yet you have to have to tolerate it for the real ending.

>Origins multiplayer

That shit is what's keeping me from getting the platinum trophy in every game in this series

Attached: 1529343481611.jpg (1078x735, 77K)

They released Arkham VR in 2016

Yes they did.

Was meant to respond to

Is it okay to skip Asylum and play City?

Is there anyone in real life or even canon that likes Damien?

It's a good game. I wouldn't bother playing City if you can't get into Asylum despite what says. City's transition into a (semi) open-world doesn't change the game design enough to change you're opinion on the series.

Sure. The only plot point that matters really is Joker makes a super version of Bane's venom, plans to use it to take over, and has a shitty final boss fight with it.

Movement feels better in City, the boss fights are less shit, and the combat has been tweaked to be fun. IE you get a stun move to use on giant dudes instead of having to trick them into smacking into a wall over and over again.

That was the timeline when Morrison was doing his Batman run but I'm not sure where the comic is at now.

Attached: 14DD0C1A-6811-4E39-95E6-12B1AE83E3DF.jpg (669x1029, 176K)

I want female Black Mask to domme me

haha imagine if one day black mask get pranked and transformed into a sexy ledy haha, that sounds so fun .. haha

Wasn't there some easter egg where Joker would occasionally screamer yell at you while being cremated?

What the fuck was that about?

NG+ only thing. If he screamed at the start of a clean save, it'd give away Mark Hamil was recording lines.

The intro to the game in NG+

Pretty sure that section has a "Press X to cremate". Maybe not pressing it for a certain amount of time does something.

But why does it exist? Is it supposed to imply Joker wasn't entirely dead, or was it just a cheeky "haha GOT YOU"?

To fuck with you
That's it.

The latter, same reason the manbat scare gets replaced with Joker in NG+

>Downloard Arkham Knight from PSN.
>Game let's you start on a partial download
>Start playing
>Reach point where Batman has to stop the nuclear explosion
>Turn around and Joker appears
>Fade to black
>"Must finish game install, 50 GB remaining"

Attached: 1536955841296.png (1039x1033, 1.06M)

>Ever bothering with early install gameplay.

As a kid i thought she was s boy and joker wad a girl

>Manbat scare

Jesus Christ I forgot about that. I was plating the game with a friend watching when that happened. I screamed like a little girl and I think to this day he respects me less because of it.

Attached: 1556562757920.jpg (1024x1024, 125K)

>Arkham Knight launches with technical issues
>ends up being amazing
>already memed as being garbage
it's not fair

>Game ran fine on launch had a good time
>After the fix came out it ran like shit and took forever to load
>Then it got better on its own

I don't understanding coding or programming that much but I don't think it's supposed to do that.

Rocksteady didn't even do the PC port. It was shit out by Dave Lang and Iron Galaxies

Driver updates fixed it most likely.

>A third party driver patch for hardware can fix the software patch you made to the fix the bad port the some other guys made.

God how the fuck does anything actually get done on a development end when shit like that can happen?

Imagine respecting someone less for getting justifiably scared by an out of nowhere jumpscare.

Most code doesn't work as well as the average consumer thinks it does, Windows in particular is like 8 billion things of various age retrofitted together with spit.

>red hood game
>gameplay is more brute force than batman
>joker, nigthwing as bosses
>final boss is batman

Attached: RED_0b57d5f4-972c-4dab-8c33-eb6f798a5245_1024x1024.jpg (674x1024, 98K)

batman ded tho

You've reminded me that Harley somehow beats up Nightwing in her DLC campaign.

Faked death with him using a weaker version of Crane's fear gas from then on.

That's what batman wants you to think

Asylum is awesome

As much as I love Damian i'm fine with the game being cancelled because it could never live up to my hopes for a Batman in Bethlehem game.

Oh god... is that a Robin Hood joke?

Hush was wasted in Knight. If only Dini didn't get the boot.

Also I googled Hush just now only to find out an animated movie about him came out last month.

Where's my Azazel game

Underrated post

>Cancelled Arkham Knight sequel
and today was a good day. this series and the bamham formula has ran its course. it was a lot of fun but its time for something new. i know its futile wishing for something new from a soulless gorllion dollar corp like wb but maybe life will find a way.

This. That Harley Quinn movie wasn't super great, but it was nice to see that old style come back.

Attached: IMG_0383.jpg (600x330, 11K)

maybe if you're a poser, the movies fell apart when the new 52 happened, stick to reading wikis. friend

That fart joke would've been way funnier if they went with a silent but deadly way instead of going full brapposter

sham it wan canceled she would have made a dope action figure.

I've only really played the Arkham games and watched a few movies. Why don't people like Damien?

Attached: 1413154155840.jpg (460x276, 38K)

He's got coldsteel syndrome

It would've been cool if Dr. Hurt was the main antagonist. Holy fuck, the guy's way better than the Joker.

Attached: dr hurt.jpg (1205x1909, 330K)

>female Black Mask
Let me guess, she would have been extremely competent and would have been one of the game's biggest antagonists while the original male version was a complete fuck up and a literal joke in Origins.

Some of the sexual stuff was kinda weird, and I say that as a degenerate Gamer. I'd be lying if I said this and a few other scenes where t kinda hot tho.

Attached: IMG_0387.jpg (453x275, 16K)

It's just going to be the fucking Joker again. Let's be real.

Attached: 1563817120387.png (497x518, 336K)

There's also a load of villains that exist in asylum and the only ones in Origins are basically mobsters/assassins plus joker and freeze

>Harley beats up Nightwing
I like to think it was Ivy canonically but the implication that Harley beat nightwing is still fucking awful

>Literal joke
Black Mask is honestly pretty cool in the Arkham lore but in the games themselves he gets shit on i really don't get it. He was beating out Penguin and the Falcones pre origins, was the only fucker to escape Arkham City but then in Origins he gets kidnapped, tortured, then beaten and imprisoned by Batman, then gets fucked up by guards in the opening to City then doesn't appear in Knight until Jason kills him in a dlc

>Double Ass Crack

Attached: And+i+thought+german+humor+was+weird+_406febaa4169d89d81e613b157da8203.jpg (720x687, 97K)

Name?

>upgrade combat ability where I can steal/pick up dropped weapons
>still can't use a gun or knife
Is this one of those mechanics that only work if I progress through the story enough?

Attached: 1493670693120.jpg (428x368, 26K)

Veruca James. I don't remember the video, but it had Anal in the title. GL

Is origins worth playing? I always see mixed opinions on

because a bunch of idiots parrot that they don't like him so other idiots pick up on this as some sort of informed opinion and start spewing it to look informed.

>why does batman, a guy known for his utter refusal to use lethal force, not use bladed weapons or guns

I know you're trying to trick me but I'm biting this bait

It's a bloated City with some of the best boss fights in the series (which isn't saying much) and the best plot in the series (which ruined the much better and more interesting premise for MUH JOKER)

But they because there's no market for Harry Potter shit outside of Harry Potter

Harley jobs the Trinity in Heroes in Crisis and it's bullshit. People complain about Batwank, and it's true, but Joker/Harleywank is so much fucking worse. Batman has such an amazing rogue gallery and yet they keep forcing these two shitheads in everything.

Comics and superheros are basically "he wasn't really dead" or "he came back to life" supreme.
Also there's a lazerus pit and shit that could bring him back to life so they had to ensure there was no chance of that happening.

It's pretty bad. They pull a quick one on you too if you've read the original Hush series.

Did Black Mask run over someone's fucking dog at Rocksteady/WB Games?? He is dragged through the mud in these games. Granted, I can't say I'm a huge Black Mask fan or anything but I just noticed they really do not seem to like him in the slightest.

Attached: tfw the tv has input lag.jpg (2048x1365, 561K)

the best thing about this image is how much worse it is if xhamster does have hamsters

dont forget the reason that printers are always shit no matter how much technology develops is that early network printing protocol standards have been grandfathered into permanency and like most things from the early days of networking it just flat out doesnt work all that great