Why is RE remaster so fucking good, and yet RE 0 is so fucking trash?

Why is RE remaster so fucking good, and yet RE 0 is so fucking trash?

Attached: rezero-308-610.jpg (610x343, 53K)

I know it's become a meme word, but REmake is easily one of the most soulful video games ever made. It always blows me away, everytime I play through it. You can really tell that Mikami and his team put a lot of effort into every facet of the game.

Attached: Mikami.png (674x2000, 1.3M)

Its the most beautiful game I have played to date

The REmake is soulless, play the original already fucking underagedb&.

based
cringe

Boomer here
PS1-era 3D games aged like absolute ass. I enjoyed them greatly back then, but I simply cannot go back to anything that's not at least Dreamcast

Attached: maxresdefault (33).jpg (1280x720, 101K)

The original is pretty shit at being horror compared to REmake.
>shit audio
>house and environment is bright as fuck and way too colorful
>shit voice acting

is it opposite day or something?

>shitty AI partner you need to babysit, won't even save you from the toads
>give the ability to drop items but remove item boxes
>train section is the best part
I don't know what they were thinking with this game, it would have been fine if they just made it like 1-3 but I guess they were told to change things up

Mustn't play too many games.

Unironically off yourself if you believe this

Nah its just Discord trolls fucking shit up claiming tat hey are retro, when /vr/ mods booted them out.

this

*ahem*
RE Zero is a good game.
Deadly Silence is the best version of RE1.

Attached: w356uhrewtgehge.jpg (320x180, 6K)

everyone was already tired of the forumla at that point.
RE4 saved us from more 0s and code veronicas.

It has the same problem that most nintendo titles have.
Its trying to be "different" and "innovative" to terrible results when a straight sequel with no tacked on gimmicks would have been way better.

And then cursed us with 5 and 6.

RE 0 enemies are terrible. It's all big bugs and leech men and none of them are fun to engage. Juking zombies and hunters in REmake is fun as fuck.

Yep, no argument.

I liked seeing rebecca get eaten by lurkers but overall jill > rebecca

Same. Some games still have character, like Spyro, RE2, MGS and others. But I feel you, some of them are just haaaaaaaaard to get back to.

16 bit era is timeless.

This. Once I started running from zombie monkeys and the giant centipede, the game lost nearly all its appeal. The train was kino, but the lab after was steaming, sticky shit.

there have been more bad re games than there have been good ones.

Zero just isn't fun. It's like they set around a table during development asking questions such as, "how can we make this devoid of fun for the player?" or "how can we inconvenience them the most?"

RE0 isn't bad but definitely flawed. After playing REmake and RE0 I think RE0s biggest problem is level design. REmake has a nicely interwoven level designs and takes advantage of it. The placement of key items and puzzles in the mansion has you backtracking a lot but keeps things interesting with enemy placement and crimson heads so you'll have to make trade offs when it comes to taking certain paths or committing resources to clear out a room.
RE0s level design is mostly straightforward corridors. You'll go through a hallway, grab the essential items, and take an uneventful walk back through it. The way the inventory works could've worked but the way the level design is makes managing it tedious and you'll have boring treks to grab items you left behind or didn't have space for.
It's possible to enjoy both

If RE1 was remade by modern Capcom, they would've cut the spiders and shark room for being "too silly".

Attached: re2_remake_announce.jpg (1920x1080, 100K)

Go play COD then, retard

But it hasnt been good since 2 brosky?

REmake still blows me away graphically. I do a Jill Best Ending run pretty much every couple months.