Fire Emblem Three houses biggest launch in US History

nintendoeverything.com/fire-emblem-three-houses-has-largest-fire-emblem-launch-in-u-s-history/

Apologize

Attached: dIMITRI KEK.png (413x405, 331K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vLXjd7uEIFI
youtu.be/iNt0U3mSQdI
vgchartz.com/weekly/42421/USA/
vgchartz.com/weekly/42876/USA/
vgchartz.com/weekly/41315/USA/
vgsales.fandom.com/wiki/Fire_Emblem
youtube.com/watch?v=KwAiMJeqlcc
youtu.be/xr-aIARiea4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

no... this doesn't fit the narrative... tharja was meant to the best... NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I’m glad that the best game, awakening, turned so many people on to this franchise.

I apologies Fire Emblem. Your latest game actually look really good.

I won't apologize because I was hyped for this and saying it'd be a great FE for a long time

I'm sorry. I was wrong. I really thought the game would be bad on all fronts.

If anything this Persona simulator should apologize for being so bad. This piece of trash is going to sell even more than the other pieces of trash Awakening and Fates, this franchise truly is doomed.

Can’t stand weeb dialogue (it’s fucking garbage) but Edelgard and Dmitri look cool

imagine being rewarded for shipping a game that looks like and runs like ass

Attached: EAuuQkSU8AAzaXl.jpg (640x763, 72K)

SNOY BTFO

Attached: WqrmB-b63oj2GH4D.webm (640x360, 1.62M)

Remember when Yea Forums was shitting on this game non-stop until E3?

I won't apologize because I knew it would be a huge hit from the first trailer. Golden Chad btw.

Attached: D5qF3m4WwAEYq2q.jpg (1199x1200, 129K)

Yeah imagine shipping a game going sub 25fps and shit frame pacing ontop of that and then gloat about it selling well...

Attached: bloodborne41280jpg-3bd542_1280w.jpg (1280x720, 163K)

You mean when they finally released a trailer that showed more than shit graphics and not-Persona features?

Yeah it was great.

>remove weapon triangle
I rather the series stay dead at this point. It's just generic srpg with no gameplay depth trash now

>already sold more than fates

APOLOGIZE

>flies flock to shit
Oh my, color me surprised.

The only thing the weapon triangle did was make axe units shit

At least BB had soul behind it

Shit graphic aside, I seen people say they like the calendar and school life side of 3Hs. So, yeah indeed.

remember to thank smelee for giving us fire emblem games

What are the actual numbers tho?

Based

>huuurrr me park swordmaster on bandit range

>picking one house
>not doing all three

Triangle was always arbitrary shit that was never well implemented in any game.
Breaker skills are pretty neat though.

we won't know until Nintendo's financial reports in October

The PS4 has such a massive playerbase yet most switch games regularly outsell Bloodborne. Sonykeks only play Fifa lmao

>Mass of tumblrfaggot retards bought a shitty game
Wow really makes you think

Press D to dab on Waifufags

Fuck you Roy’s our boy.

tumblrfags hate this game because it doesnt pander to them like awakening and fates

The triangle literally stops playing a factor by like chapter 6/7 in each game because of how broken units get lol

Yeah bro I will while I'm marrying my cute wife Bernadetta

>Doesn't pander to them.
>Literally every male character is otome/fujo bait.
>Art is done by an otome artist.
>0 loli/psuedo loli characters
>Gameplay dumbed down compared to previous entries.
>Significantly more effort put into the story then the gameplay.

This shit was made for girls/fags ( the majority of tumblr).

I'm playing your game and there's nothing you can do about it.

Attached: 1565839677160.jpg (2458x3012, 992K)

>it sells well so it's good
i sure do love Call of Duty

Look forward to Fire Emblem Three Houses 2

because the only games on switch are first party. The reason people buy switches.

just started first ng+ run should i upgrade professor rank all the way or just part of the way?

I have no problem with you getting affectionate with a 3H girl, they have character traits beyond “wants MC penis inside”.

That was directed at Fatesniggers.

Fuck Corrinfags
Fuck Azurafags
Fuck Camillafags
Fuck Hinokafags

Right but muh only 1 gay option.

Now that I've played both Golden Deer and Black Eagles I can say that some of the shittiest units are:
Lorenz
Ignatz
Flayn
Ferdinand
Manuela
Cyril
Bernadetta
Marianne

My best ones were basically any Axe user but never make anyone a heavy armor unit because it's fucking shit.

>0 loli/psuedo loli characters
Sothis and pre-timeskip Lythisea

based

I would defend fatesniggers but honestly I don't care for a single girl in that game.

>Bernadetta
>Marianne
>Bad
Look at this dumbass and laugh.
Honestly the only ones of those I'd even really call bad is Ignatz and Cyril.

So first it was waifufags, now it's Fatesfags. What about the other gorillion girls that don't care about Corrin unless you go out of your way to romance them?
As always, Fates lives rent free in every FEfag's head.

>made for otome fags
>fags complain there are only 3 gay male S ranks while you can yuri to your heart content.
>1 sissy student and 2 ugly old dudes for male
>You still end up with a wife when you s rank old dudes.

There is no way you missed the shit show tumblr made about how the game does NOT pander to them.

Attached: EB90513E-F019-4C60-8DEB-85622C60F04B.jpg (640x640, 34K)

Marianne was my dancer and when she wasn't dancing she healed but her healing numbers were really shit. Bernadetta was mediocre basically every Bow Knight I've had so far is.

That's good. Now where the fuck is my Sothis DLC!

Attached: 1563941094178.png (512x512, 212K)

>15 years old
That is older then the average anime character. She is by no means a psuedo loli in appearance. Sothis is a psuedo, but Lysithea is not. Sothis is barely a character anyway. She dies at chapter 8 and doesn't come back for anything meaningful.

>Otome are Fujos
They are not the same group, but they can overlap. Fujo's don't care about canon shit anyways. Have you not seen what they do to shows that have any male interaction at all? All they need is a bunch of hot guys, which is exactly what three houses gave them.

This game does not have weeb dialogue though. The writing is surprisingly good, at least in Blue Lions.
Not sure if anyone else noticed but characters will often say "Oh I remember when we were children and (...)", I get immensely pissed off at this. It just feels so forced often, like, why are they remembering random things and explaining it bit by bit to people that should also have the same memory? Just feels unnatural. And all characters do this. And way too many times. That's about the only thing in the dialogue that pisses me off.

So which units are unanimously considered very effective? I just picked this up

Attached: 1476067046703.jpg (540x607, 67K)

Just use Edelgard. Fuck everyone else.

Leonie and the magic gremlin from golden dear

Feed Lysethia sweet treats and watch her grow into a murder machine

Just pick whoever. The game is made for absolute retards. It's a complete joke even on the hardest difficulty.

Dedue completely tanks through everything that isn’t magic

The white hair loli nukes everything. She is fragile though.

>Leonie

alright nice, i was hoping she was good since the best character design in the game is her post-timeskip design i saw posted on here

I was wrong and i apologize
chara design still sucks tho

You may be as schizophrenic as Dimitri.

Golden Deers is the only good route, don't fucking debate me.

Attached: black asian man.jpg (399x399, 37K)

The hardest difficulty isn't even out yet.

>raphael is shit

Attached: raphael.jpg (1280x720, 205K)

The lords (Dimitri is the most ridiculous), Felix and Lysithea are the physical and magic nukes
Hilda
Leonie
Catherine
Lorenz kind of sucks but do his paralogue for the most broken relic in the game

is this better than awakening and the other one with the waifus?

IT wasn’t the best game but I’m still happy Fire Emblem survived
I’d rather see it go through rough periods and have the chance to get better than to never get that chance at all

Lysithea beats everyone by a long shot but Felix, Marianne, and the house leaders are also good

Bitch how do you fuck Bernie?
Did you make her a heavy knight or pure Archer?

Bernie is either a bow knight or a merc building into a last minute heavy knight, and no matter how hard one tries it's impossible to fuck Lorenz the guy is too bulky to ever be irrelevant.

Neither of them did much and while Lorenz didn't ever die Bernie was very fragile and only killed fliers as a bow knight.

Her character is atrocious though, she just fellates your dad

Based TTSID/Save Kronya dlc route incoming.

Attached: 9A148C4A-1793-4A74-9C0B-936215C10F60.png (1684x1920, 385K)

Yeah she's a great cavalry unit.

Dude make Bernie a Merc, always make her a merc.

>"fuck you Byleth Jeralts MY dad!"

Dimitri, Felix, Hilda, Lysithea are broken.

All females with strength and speed should go flying into wyvern lord. Really all characters besides mages should because it’s a broken class

>I would be liking that greatly...

Attached: 1561446377873.jpg (529x359, 33K)

Im learning to make everyone a mercenary lol

Based. Wyvern Lords have always been my favorite, I don't know why more people don't love them.

Attached: Jill.jpg (640x480, 50K)

Fuck, that sounds really good
I’d like it if they expanded the Black Eagles route too
But adding in more routes plus ultimately making the game actually difficult so the map design means something would be nice

and it won't be out in till late this year or next year. By the time the harder difficulty is released nobody will give a shit because they will have already done most of the routes and not want to play anymore. Only a few die hard fans are going to play that mode.

It's honestly baffling that they are even bothering with it at all. It's not like it's hard to remove Divine pulse and then just buff enemy stats by a couple points, change a few weapons and add a couple enemies to every map.

cope

FE:NTR?

They don't tell me how many copies they sold, so this information is meaningless and should be dismissed. Fuck off, Nintendo Shill. Your Fire Emblem Franchise will die.

Dimitri best new character of 2019 followed by V and the dog mascot from Astral Chain.

r a p h a e l
a
p
h
a
e
l

Don't know much about the Black Eagles but:
Lysithea is probably the strongest spellcaster in the game. I'm intentionally not getting her on my Blue Lions run because I know I'm going to get her every other attempt.

Hilda turns into a meat wall with a Crest axe and will routinely take zero damage, crit someone's head off, and chant HIL~DA HIL~DA on a mountain of bodies.

Raphael and Dedue both can brawl and run ahead of your army clearing everything, as well as smash Monsters with ease.

The Lords are all, of course, great. Claude gets the best class in the game, Dimitri is a killpig/boar.

Catherine/Shamir aren't like previous games, they're great and they stay great throughout due to the early boost they get to growths and the reliable 4x attacks Cath gets.

Most other characters can find their role, but being honest those stand out more than anything. Only characters I've noticed not do much are Sylvain, Mercedes, and Manuela. Just hard to justify Sylvain when Lorenz does the whole 'Pikeman with magic' better (but his early Crest weapon is a perk, I guess?) and Mercedes/Manuela both drop behind Marianne and Flayn.

Polynesian or Irish?

True. But with such a large player base, you’d think more people would be interested in the masterpiece that is BB so it doesn’t get outsold by fuckin a splatoon on the Wii U.

>Not putting the boxes upside down

Felix and Lysithea

Burgers having shit taste is nothing new.

>Try out the dub because NG+
>Not everyone is a hit but there are some good voices still
>Western merchant doesn't have broken english to match the sub's broken japanese
0/10 shit dub.

I thought she'd have more tattoos honestly, was kind of disappointed when I saw her back after the timeskip. She made it sound like she had quite a few in her support convo

COPE

This game was worth the years of Fateswakening

If we're only talking about recruitable units, I think it's Felix, Leonie, Lysithea, Hilda. Catherine and Shamir are generally considered solid too, depending on which route you're on.
For the most part, almost all of the units are at least solid and will pull their weight if they don't get stat-screwed. The only character who seemed shitty from the start is Alois.

Pretty sure he's in Heroes BECAUSE she will stay unrecluitable in the main game

Besides, a lot of people didn't like Peri so I don't see IS tackling that character archetype anytime soon

>No Sylvain answers
Yea Forums is so fucking bad at Fire Emblem that I bet everyone here promoted at 20 on GBA.

Why is this dog barking at Jeralt's grave?

Attached: jeralt dog.jpg (1280x720, 246K)

>Woolie attributes all of Edelgard's personality traits to Dimitri
>Pat is all for Edelgard even though he hates characters like Griffith

I legitimately don't undestand.

Attached: 4Me0lX3.png (160x235, 43K)

FE Three Houses will outsell your precious Bloodborne, snoy.

Can never go wrong with Lysithea and Petra

Attached: lysithea.png (870x1440, 985K)

>Marianne
>Heal

You dunce, Marianne is a damage dealer. Even if you make her a dancer she's still a better swordsman than any STR unit with Blutgang

Its gonna be a blast seeing it all tumble down in his cube palace.

So it's good? The combat animations and shit had me concerned. So did the art I guess.
I liked awakening outside of it being way easy and the weebishness of it all.
Couldn't get into Fates though.

NO IT CANT BE. IT SHOULDVE DIED AFTER RADIANT DAWN NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUCKING WAIFUFAGS FUCK YOOOOOOOOOOOU.

YOU ZOOMERS DIDNT EVEN PLAY FE7 FUCK YOOOOOOOOOOOOOU

He owed the dog money. Dog is pissed

Her damage wasn't very good. She never got hit by anything though.

All the lords and Byleth
For students :
Black Eagle : Petra
Blue Lion : Felix
Golden Deer : Lysithea
Also Dorothea is the best dancer

NOOOOOOOOOO! SWITCH GAMES ARE NOT ALLOWED TO SELL.
MUH GBA.

Not necessarily, Claude likes to go brigand so does Hilda.

Can’t believe a Japanese videogame with a Japanese artstyle would also abide by Japanese writing.
Absolutely unbelievable!

since this shovelware sold so well, i can't wait to see how bad the next game is.

Attached: 1564690539092.jpg (2048x1536, 791K)

Sylvain is really solid but I figured the question was about the crazy units. My only problem with him is that his rounded growths and being almost a pure cavalier mean his speed is questionable the whole game.

Why mercenary though? The mastery skill from Brigand is great, I gave it to everyone early game

>91.6 million consoles sold and it still wasn't enough to boost Bloodborne's sales above nintendo firstparties
yikes. Keep buying those fifa lootboxes though.

>Expecting two liberal Canadians, one of them a black weeb with a family so insane they turned him into a fedora tipping athiest and the other a fat balding ginger who is actually insane to harbor any good taste whatsoever.

If you thought awakening was easy, 3H is even easier then that. 3H is likely the easiest Fire Emblem game ever released. It's about on par with Echo's in terms of difficulty, but has way more options.

3H is still weeby as fuck. It's just instead of targeting dudes, it's targeting girls instead. It's closer to a womens soap opera then anime I guess, so maybe you will like?

>when pseudo-grandpas complain about map objective variety
youtube.com/watch?v=vLXjd7uEIFI

>Don't know much about the Black Eagles
Hubert and Petra are literal Gods.

Which route do I play 2nd after BL?

Hubert best character in the game

>Muh graphics
Don't you have a movie to watch on the PS4?

Lythinsea & Felix are glass cannons of the best variety

Ferdinant is tanky as hell and easily an unnoficial lord in my book and Petra is a cool assassin

Ingrid is helluva strong

No idea about everyone else but as far teachers go Shamir has solid bases & growths

>Defiant [insert stat here]

Attached: 1390548463768.jpg (466x359, 21K)

>Faggot Pat doesn't stream Fire Emblem

This. For all we know it could be a million or 100k copies sold. Who knows? This report is completely worthless and doesn't really tell us if FE:TH is a success or not, simply that it did better than the competition. We don't even know how much of the $762 million spending figures belongs to FE. Yea Forums should just ignore this news.

That's kind of disappointing given how utterly brain-dead the gameplay is. With all the Fire emblem oldfags praising it I thought that meant a return to some sort of challenging strategic combat, but apparently they were just talking about the story.

I didn't play GD. How are Edelgard and Dimitri portrayed in that route?

Well done IS, you really pulled through with this one.

Attached: Fire-Emblem-Three-Houses-Launch-Illustration.jpg (1200x1615, 2.11M)

Stab your chest, break your neck, smash your head. I will allow you to choose your own death.

He's a crazy unit because he gets a busted PRF at chapter 5. Everything else about him is just icing, delicious icing.

3H may as well be a visual novel. It's so easy the gameplay is basically a formality.

IS didn't make this game.

Wow just like Gaiden. And how many decades is that?

>caring about graphics

Attached: 1543091721735.png (416x435, 99K)

fe7 was my first FE and it got me more into the series
its not as good as what people here claim it to be, and also lyn is fucking shit

This.

Makes you wonder what have they been actually working all this time tho

They did
They just didn’t do the character models or animations, I think KT did that part
But I’m pretty sure IS did the actual writing and core systems

Mekkah shitposts are great. He likes LTC strats a lot so that's him shitting on most players for treating everything like a rout map instead of just warping to the objective. Guess the joke went over your head

Dishonest. Use screenshots, not a crappy photo of an angled screen.

When can I emulate this on pc

Best FE lord in history

Attached: D86kXGaVUAAfj8W.jpg (679x1500, 93K)

Koei Tecmo code monkeys were also good, but Intelligent Systems still designed it.

The same as any other route. Woolie just saw Dimitri and assumed he was an orphanage burner at a glance.

Huh, is this because of the millions of gacha retards that Heroes brought in?

I'm playing it for the first time on my LDK Game (pocket emulator) during commutes and I really appreciate the beautiful sprite based animations

it was the first FE for many meaning it has strong nostalgia power

there's a reason why many see Lyn as their waifu despite her losing relevance after the tutorial

Nice try, falseflagger, but us boomers actually love 3H. Face reality and realize that Fates and Awakening were trash and will be forgotten.

War chad gets quick riposte

If you're planning on playing through all the routes then go for BE then GD. GD route gives you a lot of insight and makes all the other route leaders look like retarded psychopaths.

I kinda regret playing it first desu.

Nope. The lead composer, and I think a grand total of 4 others came from IS, the rest was all the RotTK team.

Well not quite
But he is a THOT burner

Attached: EBjBer7UEAElROq.jpg (1062x720, 56K)

>play GD first
>bro-tier lord and top notch students (except Ignatz)
>BL for NG+
>Dmitri is decent, but the students are mediocre and unlikable across the board

Gonna drop these scrubs and recruit the old GD crew

Why haven't you accepted our aryan lord and savior yet Yea Forums?

Attached: 1565298650171.jpg (991x1387, 320K)

>Black man assumes the white lords are evil

Really makes you think...

I mean it's another dark soul game so you aren't wrong

GD is just a bunch of one-note wackos. BL are real, down-to-earth human beans.

What about church?

>idiots still believe IS wrote the story and koei coded

no retards, IS did nothing, absolutely noting. Koei Tecmo wrote the story, coded the game and created the characters. IS just put the FE stamp.

IS did provide the soundtrack tho

Church for maximum Edeltard murder

I doubt you actually played BL to completion, because they whole theme of that house is they all appear boring and bland on the surface but actually have all sorts of deep seated issues and fucked up pasts.

Mercenary is the fuck rng class for speed and atk, it offers the best growth for both up to level 20.

Brigand has the best dps skill and can be built after but the first 20 levels are critical in deciding whether an unit will be good or bad.

There is also a little perk in having +2 sword and +1 axe growths given the certification bonus point system.

Assasin, fortress knight and Bishop are classes that immediately grant 14 speed for Assasin, 28 hp and defense for fortress and 15 mag and Res for priest, however given that there are more sources of faith available early it is easier to max it by level 20.

Going merc allows you to dump goals and tutoring into armor and faith as soon as the game starts while you build sword and axe for the hero/pegapony or Wyvern certification while ensuring you get a triple certification chance to nullify bad rng in hp, speed, atk, defence and Res by going armor+faith.

Do this for Dedue and you will have a 14 speed 15 Res dedue which is near impossible to get normally even if you do thief levels, that 14 speed and unnatural 15 Res patch all his midgame weaknesses and let him nab those random +1 speed and Res growths without problem.

Bernie also gets loads of bonuses from this, the whole reason why heavy knight Bernie is mother fucking broken is this build where you end with a 40 speed and atk, 50 Def absolute unit with pass and cavalry movement as well as potential assassin lethality if you did invest on it ramming through everything given that Bernie is blessed in dexterity she just triggers lethality and fortress knight/paladin damage mitigation non stop.

Hoping Koei just does FE from now on
Literally the only thing they did badly was graphics, which well it's Koei whaddayou expect

I'm sorry but Lady Edelgard is clearly the far superior choice

Design was all IS though. That is pretty much the most important part.

>Lead write and game designers are Yuki Ikeno and Naoko Horie respectively
>both are from Koei Tecmo
>Chinatsu Kurahana, the new character designer who replaced Kozaki and based Hidari, was personally hired by IS

I don't feel so good Fire Emblem bros

Attached: 1556002202854.png (633x758, 30K)

For the chopping block? I agree!

Attached: Ann.jpg (1280x720, 249K)

I want art of his NG+ hairstyle.

Damn. He really is

based

Ok but does it have a playable red(pink) head?

Attached: anna.png (850x850, 994K)

6 fingers

Based TH attracting new audiences
youtu.be/iNt0U3mSQdI

>Implying this article is worth anything.

"Three Houses is already the second best-selling entry in the franchise, and should eventually overtake Fire Emblem: Awakening."

So somehow we are supposed to believe that 3H outsold Fire Emblem Awakening life time sales in three/four weeks. It might have sold well, but this is BS. There is no way this game sold 2 million copies in three weeks.

Attached: 1565902730663.jpg (744x1020, 109K)

>doesn't like japanese dialouge
>would rather have some westernized "wow, I guess this TRULY is.... a fire emblem 3 houses" americanized garbage sony sanata monica turd.

Good. Honestly, stay out and don't get curious.

Look at this finglet

Edelgard mirin' that Caspar

>love dimitri and bl
>all the art is homoshit
DAMN IT FUCK YOU FUJOS
This is EXACTLY the same as Yakuza, you cant find a single piece of art of Kiryu or Majima that isnt gay as fuck

Damn, and here i was glad that they were potentially starting a new era of great FE games only to find out that it was mostly done 3rd party while their only involvement was deciding on the otome art style

>that pic
I thought Soren was a guy with dark hair.

IS have repeatedly proven they cant write a story to save themselves, so its not surprising they hired better writers

too bad it's a terrible example of a fire emblem game.

So is this a visual novel with tactical roleplay elements tacked on? Everyoenonly talks about supports and waifus

US sales only, not worldwide.

>he says "she"
>fujo

tons of people are playing it user
check twitch

Idk if you're still here but yes professor ranks are the most important thing to upgrade for ng+

Nice reading comprehension, retard.

Its gay art if you're a guy and enjoying it

Well, hopefully this is a sign of better things to come so they can outsource to better writers again. But seriously, fuck that otome art.

I'm still holding out on genealogy getting a remake though..

IS can't even design a game themselves these days, they should just hire on some guys who know level design, pull on the KT guys full-time to write stories, and then all the original IS employees should kneck themselves

This game really is a hit isn't it? Are the improvements over fates that big?

Attached: 1563755210584.jpg (914x514, 126K)

Yes. This was my first FE game, yet even with no prior knowledge of the series outside of a couple paralogues nothing even came close to putting up a fight. It's bizarre given how much I saw people complain about how dumbed down the 3ds games are; I can't imagine how they could be more simple than what I just played through.

I cringed so hard at the "triangle formation". It's still there but at least they removed the fucking triangle now.

There's plenty of straight art, I don't know what you're talking about.

Attached: EB-9VYuXsAEDjQo.jpg (1200x897, 101K)

Post YFW the tron level in GD and the wubstep

Attached: 51368777_356794068507105_7591973110841081856_n.png (562x628, 55K)

They can people just don’t care about the games they put effort and love into.

It kinda used the popularity gained from Fates but with actual gameplay instead of being a waifu simulator.

gameplay wise it's either a hit or miss (mostly due to map designs being kinda simple again)

plotwise it's fucking good and IMO BE is what conquest should've always been (lenght aside obviously)

>Black Eagles
Edelgard*
Petra
Dorothea

>Blue Lions
Dimitri*
Dedue*
Felix

>Golden Deers
Claude*
Hilda**
Lysithea

>Teachers/Staff
Catherine**
Seteth**

*Cannot be poached in other routes
**Cannot join you if you join Black Eagles unless you pick to side with the church

>There is no way this game sold 2 million copies in three weeks.
Not two millions since it's only comparing US sales of each game, but it's not three weeks either. This is data for July specifically, so it's counting less than a week of sales for Three Houses. In that time, it's almost outsold the US lifetime sales of Awakening and that's without counting digital sales, which are much higher on Switch than they were on 3DS on average.

Silence is incredibly good

That's not Hector.

Pros : More Remakes like maybe a switch version of Geneology of the holywars or Thracia 776???

Cons : Byleth is going to be the final DLC in smash ultimate. Fuck. my fucking . fuck fuck shit.

Attached: Nohr's plot.jpg (500x541, 77K)

>Byleth is going to be the final DLC in smash ultimate
That's going to be Edelgard. Gives us a non-sword Fire Emblem rep as well as a villain.

3H is one of the most complex FE games. People don't complain about Awakening being dumbed down, they complain about it being easily broken, and how dull the maps are. You see those paralogues? Those are normal maps pre-Awakening and in Conquest.

I'm curious, does this count both versions of Fates separately? Because it's not that surprising otherwise. Awakening was a kick in the pants popularity-wise but was a slow burn on sales, and Echoes came out late in the 3DS's life cycle and was a remake of a game nobody outside Japan played.

I should've know these hacks weren't actually the ones responsible for this game. Hopefully they keep Koei Tecmo around for all their future games.

Attached: 1554217524243.gif (250x237, 126K)

>Not mentioning Hubert
Bro...

Eh, i never cared much for the "formation" looking comand that got scrapped but i prefer the view in pic related from the e3 trailer over the final product that looks way too zoomed in to see anything

Attached: threehouses-viewpoint.jpg (1280x720, 340K)

Such as?

Now this is shitposting

Cool, does that mean I should get it?

>Edelgard is the most shilled and most popular with reddit/tumblr aka the smash audience
>Edelgard will be the token female character
>Edelgard will rake goodwill by being an axe user in a sea of sword users

I hate how plausible this sounds.

Claude could also work since an exclusively-archer fighter is kinda rare and it is a scrapped concept that could've happened had Sakurai gone with Decidueye instead of Incineroar for the gen 7 pokemon rep

>genealogy remake with Thee Houses-like gameplay

Attached: 1516247018661.png (321x322, 73K)

maybe i still need to beat blue lions before playing golden deer

he said
>very effective
He's ok at best. I actually just mentioned Dorothea to pad out Black Eagles. Petra is really the only thing worth poaching.

>actual gameplay
it doesn't have that either.

codename steam

>If anything this Persona simulator
Name one similarity beyond having a male protag.

Sylvain rapes as a cavalier or paladin. You can literally advance him in a horde or anything but magic and he'll still be 80% hp. Especially against sword users

Too bad it's too easy. When is the lunatic patch coming out?

Still hurts.

Imagine going out in public just to record a falseflagging video.

They're not going to have series that are already in Smash

I just did the fight with the possessed villagers and god did it feel so good nuking this fag into the ground.

>GODbert
>ok at best

Attached: 1565741157058.jpg (1280x855, 277K)

Use your brain

Game Design is the one thing IS is good at.

I (fortunately)don't follow or know much about smash roster drama but arent new characters usually decided by new games in order to promote it?

Either way it'd be hilarious to see another sword using fire emblem character just to see the sheer autistic rage

>being an axe user
>Not making her a mage

Oh, sorry for replying late. I consider myself a Golden Chad, but I also played through Blue Lions and Church. Not going to touch the Edelgard route though.

Attached: 20190729_184501919.jpg (1253x720, 908K)

same time the patch that introduces the sauna happens

So you can't name a single one.

>awakeningfag acting this desperate
Yeah yeah, you were advertised well. That's it. Now step the fuck down and the real saviors walk through.

Then why is Awakening/Birthright/Revelations so absolute fucking garbage

>Making a Gorilla in to a mage

>we get not Edelgard, not Dimitri, NOT CLAUDE but 3 at once like pokemon trainer
cool
also Seiros as a captain falcon clone

Attached: 1564255018161.png (824x308, 361K)

Because of their story.

>tfw had faith in 3H from the very start
Vindication feels pretty damn good I must say

Attached: 1543196982939.gif (500x467, 1.25M)

>3H is one of the most complex FE games
This statement is kind of shocking to me given the reputation the series has. Where is this added complexity coming from? The monastery is extremely simple to grasp, I can't imagine that's the source.
How exactly? I've been running units into crowds of enemies and watching the slaughter since like chapter 6. Hilda became a god the moment I got her on the wyvern, and you don't even need to care much about archers because dismounting is a free action. Lysithea can kill anything from five squares away. There's no challenge to be had here.

I had Sylvain with his sacred weapon from his paralogue and he one-shotted him.

>axes
>shit

Kek did you just not play anything past the GBA?

>Yea Forums should just ignore this news.
Ahahahahahha! 3house is gonna outsell awakening and there is nothing you can do about it.

dimitri is FE incel equivalent, he literally blames everything wrong to edelgard

>Not liking based Doodoo
>Not liking Katana enthusiast Felix
>Not liking ladies man Sylvain
>Not liking best healer Mercedes
>Not liking “Mages go in cages” Ingrid
>Not liking thot destroyer Dimitri
Ashe sucks I’ll give you that

Did you, nigger?

I killed more enemies with Bolt Axe+ than I did with Aymr, she's pretty good with magic

Was expecting byleth as another corrin/robin clone but this sounds more interesting

What'd be better to recruit every student? Get everyone to C support and build Byleth's weapon rank and stats? Or get everyone to B support?

>This statement is kind of shocking to me given the reputation the series has.
The fans have a tendency to overhype the series in that regard, it's fairly standard and simple for the most part. Permadeath also used to scare away a lot of newcomers too which lead to FE being seen as hardcore.

They make stuff intentionally simple and easy so that low skill players don't get frustrated. Conquest is proof that they can do good whenever they feel like it. And as much as people shit on FEH, despite them only getting a good handle on it after a few months, it has an insanely deep meta you don't see in other gacha games. As for Echoes, they wanted to preserve Gaiden's quirks, they were very respecting of that game's unique experience and iterated on it in ways that were interesting (skills costing HP, equipment system).

I really hope the DLC isn't some gay Revelations everyone on the same side route. I would much MUCH prefer Sothis story and playable.

Once they get to B support they have a random chance to join your house every week regardless of weapon ranks and you can save scum it.
So B support is most important

Attached: ECC-9dwUYAACx3k.jpg (636x900, 98K)

FRIENDSHIP WITH EDELGARD OVER
NOW CLAUDE IS MY BEST FRIEND

No Lorenz is the absolute gentleman

Becuase I am autistic I actually looked at the sales of Fates and Echos and compared them. The source is VGchartz, but I'm not digging crazy deep for this.

So here is US sales of Fates on the first week.
vgchartz.com/weekly/42421/USA/

So the US release data shows it at 219,736 copies sold of fates ( both copies combined I assume ).

vgchartz.com/weekly/42876/USA/

This data shows echos which is a 61,500.

vgchartz.com/weekly/41315/USA/

And here is awakening at 99,831.

So basically the author is already wrong if he was talking about US week one sales. First of all Fates was the best selling, followed by Awakening, followed by Echos. Second, even if it was 3x more then echo's it still sold worst then fates.

Then when he talks about lifetime sales. He is still completely wrong.

vgsales.fandom.com/wiki/Fire_Emblem

Using those numbers, Fates is number 1, Awakening is 2. So why did he say that it's the second best selling when it's not. Unless he was counting Fates as different games, which is retarded because nobody would do that ( just like counting both pokemon titles as different games is stupid ).

If FE3H sells well, great. But this article is BS without the numbers.

My hope is the dlc route lets you play as those who slither in the dark and you just go around fucking shit up

>it has an insanely deep meta you don't see in other gacha games
That's because it's just mini FE rather than an entirely new game like Dokkan Battle or something.

You fucking know it

Attached: friendship.jpg (680x510, 74K)

Not that guy but axes are great in 9/10 because there are so many enemies that use lances. FE10 hard mode removes weapon triangle so axes can be a bit inaccurate but they're still very strong

why the fuck is there already a sigrun alt?

I would take that over Revelations tier shit as well.

>The source is VGchartz,
Then your argument is invalid as vgchartz fabricates numbers.

Continue seething, 90+let.

Is Dmitri more jacked than PoR Ike?

It's probably counting only physical and most people just bought one version of fates then downloaded the other.
Idk about the echoes shit

There's no hard numbers yet, but I've seen nothing to disprove it being anything other than the success since based on the digital sales it's still in No. 1 on the E-shop, which is quite the feat considering Mario Maker 2 was only released a month ago

Attached: 1533691402514.png (282x325, 163K)

Fire Emblem has always been a relatively simple SRPG. But that doesn't make it necessarily easy or lacking in depth. You can make really fun, puzzle-like maps from these simple systems. Though part of the big deal is how RNG heavy it is, making it so that every playthrough is unique and surprising. On the gameplay side of things, I think those aspects are the reason as to why people enjoy FE so much.

dimitri is the weakest of the 3

gee, almost like when you stop releasing handheld dogshit and try to make a real game again it does better.
still worse than the tellius games

I think he's bigger than PoR Ike but smaller than RD Ike
If we're talking stats, he's better than Ike.

Sylvain carried my BE run and defeated the final boss for me as a wyvern lord. Didn't even use his special lance.

She rapes
but she also saves
but she still rapes
but she saves more than she rapes

Attached: 1565561542957.jpg (876x934, 149K)

Yes, but it's not just that. It's also from how they designed the skill system and how varied the skills themselves are. There is so much that can be done. It adds greatly to FE's core tactical gameplay. Skills in other games are often more subdued in mainline games, but in FEH, they are almost everything.

kek nice

LUNATIC WHEN?
Hard is too easy. Which route is the easiest? I only did Blue Lions.

Need an npd leak for that

>IS creates the map layout and outlines the general mechanics
>Outsource the story and characters to someone else
I can dig it

>Continue seething
About what? That Three Houses is making too much money?

And you can get access to those skills for the low price of $49,99

>hubert
>map over before he gets in range of most enemies for 90 percent of the game

you can play maddening if you have a hacked switch

>missing for a year
>found to be in possession of a cult
>somehow just lived underground for an entire year
>accepted back into the school as if none of that is remotely suspicious
Great writing IS.

Attached: Totally normal girl.png (1280x720, 1.24M)

Show me some other source then. This article doesn't even give numbers, it just sources a literal who on twitter.

Right, which still adds up to the article being wrong. Echoes was not a popular game, and Fates capitalized on Awakening's success.

>Sold better then a game released a month ago.
That's not really impressive. Especially considering how dry the switch releases have been this whole year, there isn't a whole lot of competition.

(You)

Lol what? He's argubaly the best unit in the game

Should I basically be building every unit around their hidden talent?

Attached: DC656894-1E2B-4B03-A0CB-C9B03CDA3A63.png (512x512, 117K)

But the gameplay systems and maps were garbage too.

>Rush ahead because muh cavalry muh pegasus
>Never use your ground units for some reason because you're apparently racing
>"Why is this unit bad?"

It's a fucking Mario game user, SMO stayed in the top spot for fucking months. It outpacing it is impressive, even if many people who were going to get already had it at that point.

Also Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 came out a good week earlier, along with a host of other 3rd party games

The competition is there, it's not crazy or anything, but it is there.

>Lorenz kind of sucks
Wouldn't really say that, but he's not stupid strong like some of the others.

if you played the other routes you will know he is the weakest

i miss radiant dawn and path of radiance

It’s almost like they made almost all of the master classes mounted so most units will naturally end up mounted

it was a necessary evil

Nah. Awakening's maps were alright, and Conquest's were really good.

Simple games can be challenging and deep, absolutely. I don't think 3H is either of those things though. The RNG comment is interesting to me. There are only a couple moments I can remember where RNG was a real problem; even with axes combat arts can get you a great chance to hit, and this is purely anecdotal but I feel like once you get around 90% hit the game really starts to lean in your favor. I definitely didn't miss 1 out of 10 attack at that accuracy. I know stat growths are random, but with how powerful my units are I find it hard to believe a few points shifting around would make that much of a difference.

I have played every route user

Master classes are 90% just side-grades, my dude.

Flayn was gone for a week-month depending on when you did the mission, nobody questioned that either. Edelgard put Kronya in her house to protect her until she could do whatever mission they had planned. It's not as stupid as you think

So obviously the story is better than Fates, but what about about the gameplay? Between the day to day tasks and lessons, and all the new skills it seems like it'sway easier to break the game than Fate's eugenics ever could. Are the maps good at least?

why would you force yourself to go slower for no reason? The game is so easy you can just take a powerful group of 3 Wyvern Lords and kill commanders in 4 turns on most later missions.

>Nah. Awakening's maps were alright
*Makes a big field with no defensive terrain and inactive enemies*
Perfect

oh, so you are just stupid then

Neat.
Too bad the girls are the worst since fucking 11.

Attached: life is pain.png (632x422, 306K)

I said "alright" not great, or even that good. But decent enough to have fun with

If I'm going that far because "It's ez", why wouldn't I just grab one Wtvern Lord and stride gambit/dance him to end the map turn 1?

>it just sources a literal who on twitter.
You mean the guy that's an employee for NPD?
Infinitely more reputable than VGChartz which are made up estimates by actual literal whos.

>Not wanting to play Edel route while not recruiting anyone and killing all the students
Evil route is always the most fun route

Here's your (You) Edeltard

Attached: 7ff1fa762bfb1176172ecbb8a0330b1a.png (545x561, 26K)

>decent enough to park an armored unit in the middle and afk win the map
absolute brainlet

You shut your goddamned whore mouth

Attached: 1563990763293.png (2048x2048, 1.6M)

gonna fuck the English into this bitch

Paladin Sylvain is consistently the MVP of every battle. His movement range, defense, and attack basically let him tank through most maps (at least on Normal)

>Not recruiting Annette and Felix to commit patricide for fun

yeah, you are stupid

Not in terms of movement, like the magic advanced classes have 4 movement while the master ones have 5-7. Swordmaster is 5 while Mortal Savant is 6, Brawler is 5 while War Master is 6. The only exception is Paladin and Great Knight

So about Nemesis and Seiros.
the truth is that Nemesis was never a hero right? Just a dude who stole Sothis' bones and made them into weapons?

No I won't Mr.Shitcropper, 3H's girls are boring as fuck and honestly that's the worst thing you can be.
I'd rather have fates shilling waifus to death than this tier of shit girls again.

Attached: arden painting.jpg (512x512, 31K)

So wait.. I spent all that time mastering Swordmaster to get Astra.. and its only usable on Swordmaster class.
Are you fucking joking?

Would players still side with Edelgarde if they were male?

Attached: 1565862993310.jpg (1080x1058, 360K)

what's wrong with homoshit desu

Yes, thank you, I've played this video game.

>I'd rather have fates shilling waifus to death than this tier of shit girls again.
t. Fates Waifufag

Is it because I am playing Shit Eagles or do they really not show Byleth getting knocked out in the last pre time skip battle? I just get Hubert & Edelgard shouting at him to get out of the way and then suddenly its 5 years later. I feel like I missed a cutscene.

Absolutely not, we have a board full of spermbrains after all.

>Only characters I've noticed not do much are Sylvain, Mercedes, and Manuela. Just hard to justify Sylvain when Lorenz does the whole 'Pikeman with magic' better (but his early Crest weapon is a perk, I guess?)
Sylvain
-Can be gotten almost immediately if you are female Byleth
-Is bulkier than the entirety of the Black Eagles, making him an ideal pickup for their frontline
-Has an early Crest Weapon
-Has good offensive growths as well if put into the right class(anything that provides str kicks him up to 50% at least, and anything that gives speed puts him over 50%).
His growths are actually better than Hilda's.
He's just really good for a unit you essentially get for free.
Just don't bother with magic Sylvain, that's a bad idea.

Depends. Is Bernie still a Black Eagle?
does she have a penis too

BE has very little cutscenes and feels rushed overall. I think it was an afterthought, the canon BE route is Church.

Something about her singing constantly about her tummy made me feel funny

youtube.com/watch?v=KwAiMJeqlcc

I had no idea they would give you additionial dialogue if you did this, that's cool

Yes because it would attract /pol/tards who want to be hitler

Comparing Edeltard to Hitler is an insult to Hitler.

I've been playing Church and it seems like the independent route to me

As long as he's still bisexual, sure

>canon
retard

>he is the weakest
His classes, Wyvern Master and Barbossa are some of the best classes in the game. From the classes alone Claude is the best Lord by virtue of his ample range of movement, sufficient power with Bows and Canto on mother fucking bows. Not only that his weapon is also the best out of the 3.

Stats matter quite little when you have all those boons. Thresholds for being an effective unit in this game is quite low, specially when you can easily forge and repair brave weapons.

Scottish last name

brainlet boogeyman poster

>canon
you're one of those retards, aren't you?

I made Sylvain Fighter > Cavalier > Brigand > Paladin > Great Knight

During his time as a Paladin he was pretty shit, and as a GK he was mainly for baiting out units or using his gambit on monsters. Next time I use him will likely go for Wyvern Lord.

Spotted the Edeltard
Reminder:
>shortest route
>lacks cutscenes
>was added last minute to please waifufags

Nah. For all the shit it gets there's one thing fates does right and it's the girls. and the gameplay in conquest. You don't even need to have a fates waifu to realize this just have a fucking brain.

Samefag

retard

?

>Swordmaster is 5 while Mortal Savant is 6
Assassin. It has 6 movement, Swordfaire, Locktouch, grants Lethality as a proc skill for any other class you want and has a special Combat Art to try and clutch a kill if you can't on your own. It also has very lenient requirements only needed B in Swords and C in bows, which is way easier to get over A in Swords.

>Otomefags
>Caring about gay shit

You don't know what otome is do you user. The Blue Lions route is so otome it hurts. Not that that's bad, mind you.

i think you replied to the wrong post, i said there that dimitri was the weakest

also i agree that claude is the strongest

I've purchased almost every Fire Emblem game except the Japanese exclusive ones. I feel proud to see what Fire Emblem has become and I exclusively jerk off to it.

Sure love me some map gimmicks and 0 incentives to not wait out all those fucking seal skills. Anyone who says Conquest has good gameplay is retarded

Is there actually clear evidence for how much Koei did? It seems like everyone jumps from thing to thing on what they did. At one point I heard they only worked on the monastery segments, at somepoint I heard they literally only did the graphics and now this thread is telling me they did a large majority of the work. Which one is it?

Attached: 1539312707479.png (381x354, 251K)

>Comparing a mainline Mario game to a spin off.
Spin off's are not going to have the selling power of a mainline title. Don't get me wrong, MM2 sells well, but it's still a month old difference.

I'd also argue most Nintendo Fans don't care much about third parties. Which is why it's not too shocking it beat out the marvel game and other third parties.

The idea that Awakening sold better on launch then Fates contradicts all logic. Fates had
>2 copies of the game to sell.
>A larger DS install base
>Carry over fans from Awakenings massive success.

If you can show evidence that Awakening was the best selling game I'll believe you, but I'll take >VGChartz word for it in till you can do that.

Also the only two FE games that sold well in the US were Awakening and Fates. Everything else sold poorly. Ignoring Fates or Awakening means it's only other competition were flops like RD/POR which sold like shit.

Gimmicks make maps fun. Or would you rather have "hurr durr rout all enemies" like awakening again?
Fucking deal with it, shitter, conquest's only bad map is the last fucking one.

>>Pat is all for Edelgard even though he hates characters like Griffith

>Expecting a YASS QUEENER like Pat to side against a female leader
Lmfao.

Gonna do a fuck around run with Beagles on NG+. Any ideas for fun classes for Manuela and Hannemann? Gonna use Lysithea as the only poached unit and make her a Mortal Savant, that seems fun.

Death Knight can move around in Lunatic, and I'm pretty sure Lysithea won't be able to kill him in Infernal mode.

>mfw only a couple of days ago a faggot OP was saying how 3 houses was going to flop

Attached: 1474082605960.jpg (440x664, 48K)

>If you can show evidence that Awakening was the best selling game I'll believe you
I don't really care what you end up believing
I just wanted to point out how much of a retard you are for using vgchartz

Nobody really knows, a somewhat recent interview makes it look like KT did most of the actual work while being directed/supervised by IS people.

MUH BRAIN

They've gone so far down the shitter I'm starting to think maybe Matt wasn't the problem.

Not really surprised they had the company who keeps making games about Three Kingdoms help them do their Three Houses game.
I think Yuki Ikeno was partially responsible for the writing in DW7, which was pretty nice.

How do you improve on 3H systems when they decide to use it on the next FE?

You ain't wrong

Attached: 1562336981719.png (1114x859, 1.24M)

Improve the engine so it runs at 60 fps.

genealogy is a bad structured game, the maps and gameplay is shit
it will end up like echoes

You impregnate your wife and her stats lower as she gets more pregnant. After 9 months you get a child unit.

Make the maps actually fucking challenging.

dude you have any screencaps or thread archives of it? missed the party.

>Ninja cave
>fun
>Fox fuckfest
>fun
>Hinoka map with 12 move fliers
>fun
I guess we have different definitions of what fun means. Conquest's maps are poorly designed with seal skills to weaken you yet no incentives to actually hurry up which means you can just sit there and wait them out which makes for some incredibly anti-fun gameplay. Awakening was shit as well. RD gave you varied map objectives that had soft timers if you wanted treasure, something that Conquest should have copied but it didn't.

The game is only breakable in New Game +.

YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS

Attached: screen-shot-2018-03-08-at-24144-pm-2-1520550781828.png (1280x721, 559K)

Yes. He was just a very strong bandit. The surviving Argathians just Roided him out, had him steal the corpse of Sothis off the Holy Tomb. He then "used" the blood of Sothis to grant himself the Crest of Flames and made the Sword of the Creator with her bones. After that he went to Zanado, where Sothis's children lived Rhea included, and massacred everyone in order to make more super weapons from their carcasses. This made Rhea take on the name of Seiros, found the Empire and used its military power to kill Nemesis. This also means that the so called 10 Elites were actually Nemesis's generals, not Seiros's.

???
what this have do to the post?

So theres pretty much no point in using Petra over Hilda right?
God damm this 9-10 units per map is killing me

You did. In other routes you get overwhelmed by demonic beasts and thrown into a chasm. It’s stupid but at least animated and still shown what happens.

Yeah, Hilda dodges everything and hits hard. Petra can get screwed over by bad growths.

from my experience so far
Dmitri is completely stupid and the statements that have been made dont do it justice. The only way they could've made him stronger would be to give him Galeforce
Annette aka nuke-chan has absurd damage output
Ingrid is a hilarious avoidance tank, but she has only moderate damage output.

Use both, bench some other shitter

Unironically think Byleth as a PT-style fighter would be really cool. Instead of Byleth himself fighting, he chooses from the 3 house lords.
>Dimitri has long range, fast and decently strong poking attacks but slow everything else
>Edelgard is a close up brawler, switching from fist weapons to axe for different moves, faster movement but slower framedata on moves
>Claude is true zoner, every move is some type of ranged attack, he is the fastest and lightest of the trio and cannot kill, only useful for racking up damage
Will never happen though

Attached: EAYOAyJUcAAOwxI.jpg (960x1200, 142K)

>Not using both
Bruh

I've donated $85 a month to the yuzu patron the past 5 months and this emulator STILL doesn't emulate ANYTHING. WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU LAZY FUCKS DOING, I WANT TO PLAY GAMES ON MY PC AHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: 1532648481287.gif (647x363, 650K)

I don't play Fire Emblem but I have to say that the character designs have grown on me. Anyone else feel the same?

At first I didn't like them because the dudes felt too much like fujobait, but as time went on I kind of began liking the designs.
For example, the blonde guy in OP's picture (Dimitri, right?) is a prime example of this. I know that that picture is of the older version of him. Nobody thinks the older version of him is fujobait from visual design, but I do remember myself and quite a few others thinking the young version of him (pic related) was something from a yaoi visual novel. But I personally have warmed up to him.
Also, I think that even though the lead character designer is clearly a fujoshit, he/she still does excellent female designs. It's just that the best female character designs were not the first ones revealed. I honestly think Edelgard is the worst female design. Compared to the other two house leaders, Edelgard simply isn't pretty enough. Dimitri is a blatant pretty boy, and so is that brown dude with green eyes. They're clearly meant to be 10/10 boys. But Edelgard? She's more of a 8/10 girl.

Attached: Artwork_Dimitri.png (1920x1922, 1.32M)

hated the waifu shit in awakening but if it leads to games like this ill let it pass rather this than dead

LOL IMAGINE DONATING TO NON-PORN PATREONS

>worst lord gameplay wise
>worst mage gameplay wise
>worst flier gameplay wise

this post is so wrong

It makes sense, though.

They implement the battalion formation mechanic they had to cut from 3H.

Oh no no no no look at this dude please be real

>excelent female designs

I don't see it. They're all 4-6/10 at best. Especially after the timeskip.

.Only played blue lions so far but played almost every FE. As far as lords go, Dimitri is completely fucked. He could solo every single battle. Only other unit that stands out so far is in BL is Ingrid. She has a 30% to get hit by pretty much everything and doubles everyone and crits like nobody's business. Also recruited Lysithea pretty late but her Mag is fuckin huge and even joining late she keeps up with all my other mages and I imagine she'd be totaly busted if you started out with her

It happens with every Nintendo game in some capacity.
Remember the user who said Splatoon would flop? How about the ones that said Odyssey and Xenoblade would get delayed?

Metal

Ahh so it was that.

Hmm. That one is actually a bit harder. On one hand Edelgard has speed issues and her base classes keep her at 5 move. On the other she can safely become a Wyvern Lord and not lose much. On the other Dimitri is quite faster and stronger, but his natural weapon is a bit weaker than axes, although it's hardly makes much of a difference. Dimitri's prf weapon also has a much better combat art.

If both become Wyvern Lords they end up very samey, and you can't have them both at the same time either so it's kinda moot to try and compare them when functionally they have the same role: unga.

You DID play through the best route first right? I mean, how can you pass up on starting with all the best characters in the game?

Attached: 1565588308294.jpg (900x658, 155K)

That's because he's western... why would he have broke English if he's... western....

Don't forget that the woman who did him in killed him not in a swordfight, but in a FIST fight. why do you think Rhea has B in gauntlets

I vaguely remember that shit, what did the different formations do?

man i want to play it but I don't want to buy that overpriced pos console

IItts a shame, some of the dubs are really good. I love Dimitri's voice, but the JP audio is just superior.

it is not about dimitri being bad but the other 2 being much better

Can probably emulate it in a few years once everybody is done caring about it

She can also teach you brawling as well. Also Nemesis learned from his fight with her. He has a B+ in brawling

No no no. NO NO. WE WERE SUPPOSED TO BE THE ONES LAUGHING.

Attached: 1510794367263.png (624x651, 280K)

This game is full of that shit, there's different dialogue for specific pairings for different support levels pre and post-timeskip for multiple activities

I think the following girls are super hot (there are maybe more or maybe not, these are just the ones I see posted a lot on Yea Forums and know of):

Mercedes
Petra
Dorothea
Marianne
Lysithea
Hilda
Catherine
Shamir
Ingrid

Sure they're not pure walking sex machines like Tharja or Camilla from the previous games, but they're still incredibly pretty girls I've love to breed with.
Honestly, when I really think about it, the only design from this game that is truly shit is pic related. I don't even know his fucking name. I just looked up "Fire Emblem Three Houses Leaders" and took the first big resolution picture of him I could find. Aside from this dude, they did a good job of reining in the character designer's fujo tendencies.

Attached: D5qFYVUWsAEFRhJ.jpg (1199x1200, 130K)

I didn't felt Edelgard that much better, but whatever, to each their own.

>The NPD’s report does not include digital sales for Fire Emblem, but it does add the digital sales for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions of Madden.
>Three Houses is also already close to being the best-selling entry in the series’ history in the U.S., trailing behind 2012’s Fire Emblem: Awakening for the 3DS.
So this confirms it's going to be the best selling game in the series huh?

>jap dialogue: a bunch of stuff
>en subtitles: two words

Attached: 1564593120061.jpg (600x806, 91K)

>Edelgard
>villain
She's the main character and anti-hero of the game, Rhea/Serios is the main antagonist, with TWSITD, Nemesis, and Dimitri all being side antagonists.

I wonder how people are going to feel when IS inevitably drop KT's RoTK writers next game and we get lolis, titties, daughterus, and oneechans again

I'm sure feeling dabbed on right about now

Attached: Hilda and Dorethea.jpg (3915x1387, 758K)

by canceling the game and any future fire emblem games.

>cancelling a game that's already out

Attached: jerma.png (1366x1185, 1.58M)

He looks pretty fucking cool post-timeskip. But yeah his school-period look is trash

Attached: fire_emblem_three_houses__claude_by_vanikachan_dd9vew8-pre.jpg (743x1075, 113K)

Nobody knows, it can only be seen in the very first trailer the formations could give various effects apparently, so I imagine depending on the formation one batallion can have different gambits.

If we're going back then they better drop that trashy artist and rehire Kozaki

>tfw the students somehow won me over almost more than the lords

like it's obvious they'd never go with lysithea or felix over the main four but i can dream

Chapter 7 atm, I'm having a blast. I've played two or three earlier games and they where grand but they didn't really do it for me. This game is fucking kino, really hope the obligatory timeskip makes things even more fun

God damnit, now I have to recruit that autistic bitch in my GD run just to try this meme setup out.

this is literally the worst the character designs have been in years.

they gonna use divine pulse lmoa

>Jokes on you I was pretending to be retarded: The character
I love this girl.

Attached: 154.g1t.00.png (512x512, 146K)

I should prioritize planting speed flowers because speed is the best stat in the game for pretty much every class right?

prob gonna drop it again desu

MILK TRUCKS HERE

>two canon non-virgins look like thots
Try harder

HEJ MONICA

I would laugh so hard if that happened.

>I’d like it if they expanded the Black Eagles route too

100% agreed. The route is way too short. They should have added at least two more chapters. It ends way too soon.

hey fags quick between BL and GD which is better. i heard Deer is comfy but BL has punished Dimitri

Like Edelgard even gives a fuck about the two. Even not in her route, all she wants is Byleth.

BL is a very character driven story. GD is a comfy lore dump. Both have some great characters. Flip a coin.

>wanna hate this bitch cause stacy personality
>gives god tier advice to everyone in supports
>pretends to be dumb but picks up on shit fast like disliking Edelgard
>only acts dumb since her family treats her like a handicap cause no crest
>end up marrying her

>death knight walks right up to your face and says he will kill you in a cutscene
>battle map right after shows him behind 20 doors at the end of a maze

Attached: 1516245332512.jpg (270x270, 11K)

They're both good. BL is a good start because the beginning section of the game revolves around the BL anyway. Then play Deer for the lore

>we get lolis, titties, daughterus, and oneechans again
Never gonna happen, I'm sorry to say. Think about it; Nintendo's tried that shit for a few entries now and yeah, it saved the franchise with Awakening, but suddenly they drop it and it's a massive success in the West? They'll see some correlations, justly or unjustly. I'm not saying they'll full-on pander to the literal who's and twitter trannys but they aren't gonna deny that part of their audience anymore

Blue Lions has a more character-driven story while Deers is focused more on unraveling the true history of Fodlan, less on characters and more on the actual overarching plot of dragons and crests

depends on which kind of story resonates with you more

deer characters are much better

They're literally so obvious. Is this bait?

She has a crest. She just acts dumb cause she doesn't want any burden placed on her cause she doesn't want to disappoint people and is scared to let them down.

>plan on joining Edelgard after chapter 11
>see this guy
>"eh, he doesn't seem interesting"
>attack him, he makes that face
>put a lance through his fucking head

Attached: 4578454555654.jpg (121x296, 25K)

BL has a more boring cast.

>weapon triangle
>gameplay depth

Attached: Capture1 (2).jpg (416x252, 21K)

>no crest
But she has the crest of goneril and can use the freikugel

Go blue lions first since it does part 1 the best and the route leaves you with questions that get answered in GD

>canon non-virgins
>he cares about that
lol you sound like a total, VIRGIN yourself. Are you the type to stutter when talking to a girl with a little experience?

Attached: 1471059985144.jpg (266x200, 8K)

BE is the canon path, but you should probably keep it for last.
BL is good for a first playthrough.

>Twitter meme got voiced by Seteth 's voice actor
youtu.be/xr-aIARiea4
Really make you think

Attached: 1565752544198.png (1280x1440, 1.34M)

Anyone had any success making a magic focused Byleth? I did swordmaster in BE and enlightened one in BL. I figure I'll do wyvern lord in my autistic min/max Church run but I dunno what to do with him in my GD run beforehand. I was thinking dark bishop but I hear they suck so maybe I'll just make him a dark knight.

Dilate

>BE is the canon path
edelfags not even once

Kek why are people on Yea Forums always so eager to passively/casually start shit like this
Near the end of a thread no less

This is all shit everyone on here (including me) complained about but then when it came out we were dead wrong (except the 0 loli characters part, fuck off back to Yea Forums FAGGOT)
Otome stacies have literally saved Fire Emblem

Actually she just has the underachieving little sister/brother complex. Her big bro is a giga chad so everyone expects the world and more from him, and she believes herself to be unable to meet the same standards. Instead of disappointing everyone, she just does minimal effort on everything, so people do not expect anything from her and be disappointment later.

Male Edelgard would actually be persuasive and less annoying than what we got. It's only the waifufags with shit taste that like Edelgard.
tl;dr: Male Hitlers are always more charismatic than female Hitlers.

Sounds like he's just a cool dude.

The triangle doesn't even operate the same way from game to game, you need to be more specific. FE4 has one of the most prominent triangles and it's one of the easiest games in the series, FE10 lets you play with or without it and all it really does is make axes overpowered in that game instead of stupidly overpowered

The problem is the male characters fit the overall art style well. The females do not. They are all worst then the average anime girl looks wise. Especially the eyes, which are honestly the most important part.

Then you add
>Time skip screws over a lot of the girls or does nothing interesting with them.
>All of the girls have awful personalities.

While the boys generally just get straight up improved. The only unlucky one being lorenz I guess, but he was joke character. Personality wise all of the boys have depth to them, while I found all of the girls were completely depthless.

Personally i like them more than the shitfest that is Tharja and Camilla, those 2 are trying way to hard to get a reaction from you its impossible to see them as characters, 3H Only needs more interactions post marriage

Attached: 1511468047587.png (690x1028, 804K)

>canon
This is a game all about three (actually four) choices. There's no one canon path.

Female Dimitri
Female Claude
Male Edelgard
same/similar personalities

Who's the most popular lord now

>dubshit

Attached: 5688-1031436290.jpg (855x720, 115K)

>Saved
>Made the game into a glorified VN

I think you and me have different definitions of saved.

>he's ACTUALLY hung up over being a virgin
>he actually gets mad at anime girls who aren't as socially inept at himself
what next? Do you like Bernie too to complete the stereotype?

Attached: 1482104468527.jpg (220x220, 46K)

Female Claude for that chocolatey goodness.

Lorenz looks way better after the timeskip, poor Dedue has it the worst after he tripped and his face landed in a box of razorblades

You can just do mortal savant and just use levin swords/magic or something. Byleth's reason magic pool isn't great but you'll still do quite a bit of damage if you grab fiendish blow at least

3H's dub is genuinely good.

>Time skip screws over a lot of the girls or does nothing interesting with them.
>All of the girls have awful personalities.
Well, that's unfortunate to know. Like I said, I didn't play the game, so I didn't know anything about the story aside from the post time-skip pictures of the characters. Still, I think that in the long history of fujoshit, I think this one is pretty well reined in compared to some of the shit you see in visual novel land.

Attached: 1565229503695.jpg (957x1024, 79K)

Axes were the best weapon in the GBA games(except FE7) thanks to the Weapon Triangle, what are you two even on about.
Those games are full of lance-wielding enemies.

>People are using her as a swordsman
>They do not know the unholy horror that is wyvern rider Petra

Attached: 76154560_p0.jpg (789x1061, 414K)

Is there any reason not to just leave Byleth at Enlightened One? I don't need another mounted unit or flyer

good

its basically proof that the series is still viable even after the disaster that was fates

Punished female Dimitri would get so many horny guys wanting to 'heal' her.

you and I*

>The only unlucky one being lorenz I guess
Lorenz improves greatly with the skip, and is one of most likable characters.

he literally has the best growths and not wasted shit in magic. and his skill lets him avoid shit at full heal but lets listen who is the best character to you and why?

>All this talk about mercs, growth rates and stat boosting promotes
On my third playthrough and theres still a shitton of things i need to know

Swordmaster has better growths and it's not like enlightened one ever uses its magic anyway. The extra movement on EO is nice but I find grounded units really just hold chokes anyway since fliers are so effective at the routing process.

same im hoping new difficulty is challenging so ill have to plan classes out

You always need more fliers, even if your entire roster is fliers you could still use a few more

I like how she's built so you can access both Falco and Wyvern without much investment, and pick whichever you need for the current mission.

>Game sells the most thanks to the internet
Yes, it's easier to spread shit now. The next FE will sell more than this one big whoop. Nothing but up from here.

>Praising this game because of story
Genealogy, tellius, SOV, and awakening fans are all niggers. Imagine conquest faggots being better now in comparison, fucking lmao

if i do a new game + from BL to GD and then a new game ++ to GD to BL would the supports from Dimitri would still be buyable or are lost?

It was never going to go full otome. It just panders heavily towards it. It's a far cry from the omni pandering that previous FE's had, where both males and females had similar levels of pandering.

>The females do not. They are all worst then the average anime girl looks wise. Especially the eyes, which are honestly the most important part.
I heavily disagree with this

Attached: 1564260755866.png (1200x1200, 774K)

Not that guy but magic is fucking incredible in 3H. Magic weapons have 1-3 range and most enemies have fuck all resistance. Pouring everything into strength is not only overkill but actually limits your options

>hero is shit again
How can non-specialist classes thrive with modern FE design?

Attached: raven crit.gif (480x320, 482K)

Everything you've unlocked is buyable no matter how many runs ago it was.

You should have saved yourself the effort. Vgchartz's NA numbers are complete fabrications.

I can't believe she singlehandedly saved fire emblem

Attached: 1545777464781.png (1200x1731, 3.36M)

Hero isn't actually that bad. Free Vantage is occasionally useful, and Defiant Str to go with it is nice too.

Or normal difficulty

>Empty mono colored eyes that stare into the soul.

That's a yikes from me.

then whats the purpose of buying S ranks? do they give extra pairing stats or just shit and giggles?

Mono colored? As opposed to what, fucking heterochromia?

>Marianne
>Bad
Nigga what? She's really good.

>Good stats for a magic user, not as min-maxed as Lysithea offensively, but a great unit all the same.
>Soulblade, Levin Swords, her Crest, and Buttgang allow her to use swords very well despite her less than ideal strength. She unironically is fantastic as a Dancer and is capable of working well as a Mortal Savant if you like meme builds.
>A good spell list with early Physic and Thoron.
>Budding talent in lances and Frozen Lance help with Holy Knight builds.

She's probably either the second or third best magic user behind Lysithea and maybe Dorothea.

Attached: 1565056477633.jpg (1050x1050, 178K)

yes
Peri best girl

>peri
oof

>She's probably either the second or third best magic user
Warp+Physic is better than anything she gets. Linhardt is seriously slept on.

>Linhardt is seriously slept on.
Very funny.

Attached: 1565479911974.png (512x512, 116K)

He's prettier than half the girls in the game

Porque no los dos?

I wasn't even thinking about the joke.
I must be half asleep myself.

She has it.
Who else are you gonna like with it, fucking Idunn?

Silence could be incredibly important on Lunatic/Infernal depending on what they decide to do to spice up the difficulty

That's how I'm doing it right now.
True.
>They make some enemy mages super strong
>They also add unsealable magic to half of them, completely killing the point of Silence
Wardbros were we at?

Anything that's not Awakening+ or Conquest's Lunatic is ok in my book. Inevitable End is just flat out evil

Basically the same. Edelgard is a warmongering control freak with no trust in anyone else to create a world she wants through other means, Dimitri is a depressed and angry suicidal man bent on revenge against Edelgard.

FE9's idea of difficulty on Maniac mode was to put in 2-4 siege tome sages on every map that chased you down. If they're going that route silence will definitely be clutch

But Marianne gets Physic, Thoron, her budding talent in lance gives her Frozen Lance which shits out massive damage and she gets both Silence and Aura. Silence can effectively shut an enemy down during the enemy phase allowing something like an Armor to pull bigger enemies or just prevent an enemy from acting from very far away. Aura has a lot of crit which can clutch it out. She also has a proficiency in Riding and a budding talent in Lances that makes getting her into either mounted mage class way easier.

>Lorenz
Bulky mage that can frontline like a pro and kill mages with his lance skill.
>Ignatz
Seal Str on long range Break Shots alone makes him decent no matter his stats, and there's a lot more he can do.
>Flayn
Rescue Fortify is stupid good, and she makes and excellent Dancer.
>Ferdinand
I can only assume you got stat screwed, because he has fairly good growths everywhere(bulkiest Eagle, second highest str and also one of the fastest in the house).
>Manuela
Warp and Silence are not bad.
>Cyril
Easily goes into Brigand and Wyvern and gets fairly good, if not particularly great.
>Bernadetta
Needs some canoodling in classes with a str growth buff(brigand should probably be attempted despite her bad Axe Skill), but should be fairly good overall
>Marianne
Early Physic, Beast Fang, Silence.

I don't disagree with you, she's fantastic. It's just that Warp is stupid good as well, and Linhardt does just fine with his pool of offensive spells.

>remembering RD Maniac/Hard
>no weapon triangle
>no checking enemy movement

Still hate that shit