Why is this game treated like the second coming of Jesus

why is this game treated like the second coming of Jesus

Attached: 220px-Metalgear2boxart.jpg (220x311, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gulf_War_Did_Not_Take_Place
youtube.com/watch?v=x_GNtBd98TA
youtu.be/lO2Zp4nwsFA?t=205
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

zoomers think kojimbo predicted the future when the shit that mgs2 """"""""predicted""""""""" was already happening.

Because it is

great story
ground breaking + timeless gameplay
many reasons

It was an incredibly risky and subversive follow up to one of the most influential games ever.

It's also really good.

>timeless gameplay
MGS2 has laughably shallow mechanics and gameplay compared to its contemporaries (Thief II, Blood Money, Chaos Theory).

Attached: Let the good times roll 3.jpg (859x1024, 106K)

Attached: 1455630569195.png (1035x632, 34K)

Stylish with a good story and themes.

shut up, frog

Attached: Splinter Cell vs MGS.jpg (1280x846, 324K)

some pretty good codec conversations i guess

>MGS was reviled at launc--

Attached: file.png (408x214, 59K)

Gaymers don't read and think incoherent jap gibberish = art

>complex levels
they're even more linear than MGS's lmao

Attached: 1455630293489.png (721x650, 15K)

Pandora Tomorrow is better than Chaos Theory you bitch.

Hipsters.
Also a LOT of secondaries who haven't played any of the games but listened to YouTube essayists tell them what to think. There's a lot of crossover with Deus Ex in that respect.

Because it literally predicted everything that's happening today

Attached: Edward-Bernays-2.jpg (700x358, 48K)

The story is the epitome of hit or miss repeated ad infinum but the stealth gameplay is tight and fast paced, I loved the Substance edition for adding those VR Missions

MGS2 blew my goddamn mind as a kid.

Splintercell was cool too but it was more SUPER SERIOUS TACTICOOL than MGS2's over-the-top espionage shenanigans.

Obviously it throws realism out the window for the sake of allowing the player to do hilarious shit like deflecting bullets with a high tech katana or distracting an entire squadron on high alert with bikini magazines.

Attached: 1561593265983.jpg (800x1000, 251K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gulf_War_Did_Not_Take_Place

Cause they say the word meme a bunch of times

because MGS fans are the battered housewives of Yea Forums

>Splintercell was cool too but it was more SUPER SERIOUS TACTICOOL
lol that's a funny way of saying SC knew how to balance out the tom clancy plot with well placed moments of levity. unlike the full anime retardation of MGS.
youtube.com/watch?v=x_GNtBd98TA

>Rumor about petty issues, misinterpretations, slander... All this junk data preserved in an unfiltered state, growing at an alarming rate.
What is Yea Forums(nel)?

It's a pretty basic "hot take" on some shit that only retards didn't see coming, and now that it's here those same retards still don't see it so yeah it's a bit of a brain buster.

I'm just playing through this for the first time.

What the FUCK is so special about this game? It sucks gigantic monkey dick, you're pushed in the role of a twinky whiny faggot after a somewhat promising introduction, never to be returned. Codec calls are unnecessarily prolonged, Rose is an annoying bitch, Snake is suddenly a wikipedia source, Colonel is spouting random shit that fools no one. Don't give me that "le revolutionary story", the themes explored were nothing new at that time and anyone with half a brain cell has had or heard of similar themes and theories.

The Dead cell villains are something a retarded american baby would come up with, they have no substance whatsoever.

The gameplay mechanics suck - what is the point with needing to log in a computer to get the radar, evasion taking WAY too fucking long, it being faster to let yourself get killed than to try hiding. Pressing X to start crawling from running makes you jump like a retard instead. Pressing the button to run in the opposite direction of currently facing makes you do a wide U-turn, leading to falling or detection. Seriously so many little things are fucking annoying I don't know why I'm even bothering. Also fuck the bridge with dozens of SEMTEX packs.

Fuck this game, fuck Kojima and fuck niggers.

Attached: 1502783798146.jpg (420x410, 17K)

>too brainlet to beat mgs2
wow

Find a single thing that is wrong, retard

How come the story is discussed more than the game?

It’s a pretty good game.

i thought the same as you the first time i beated the game. But i strangely appreciated the game more and more as the time passes and now it's my favourite MGS.

Because MGS1 took the title of first coming of Jesus.

>the full anime retardation of MGS.
and that's why MGS will always be better than Splintercell

all MGS games are absolute slogs with the most nonsensical control schemes ever devised.

Finish the game first retard

>timed underwater level
bruh

this. normies will never understand why it's exactly that 'anime retardation" that makes MGS so based and unique.

you mean weeaboos have terrible taste in videogames as usual?

Reminder Splinter cell will never have those cheesy moments that are played at just the right moment that they turn out to be kino
youtu.be/lO2Zp4nwsFA?t=205

Metal Gear 2: solid snake is best kojima game and last game kojima should have been allowed to make everything else is ultimately shit once you strip the memes away.

Attached: agent 47 tings.png (640x676, 483K)

>it's supposed to be bad and cringe, that's what makes it so fun
cope

Learn how to have fun autist

wow, you're such an epic leet hardcore gamer!!

>you're an autist unless you have low standards like me

NOOOOO STOP HAVING FUN AND ENJOYING THINGS
keep seething and dial 8

have sex