SHMUPs have ancient controls, poor music and mediocre graphics

>SHMUPs have ancient controls, poor music and mediocre graphics
>Fan arrangements like youtu.be/SwhdRHHncO0 blow OSTs out of the water, manga has better story and art.
>Fan games have better gameplay
Whats your reason for playing Touhou ""games"" in 2019

Attached: Touhou.full.857258.jpg (3129x3852, 3.59M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ohCKMMC0pdU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fun

It's the safe bet choice for fandoms that are still cool.

>2hu
>fun

Attached: 1491565798981.png (635x640, 547K)

I dunno I just want to be a part of something and playing touhou games is easier than joining a gang

It gives me that nice elitist, sophisticated weeb feeling.

The games gave me the characters I love and I unironically enjoy the challenge the official games provide in higher difficulties. Also the fighting games are neat.

ZUN is good boy

I find it fun

>ancient controls
Explain. how do you "modernize" shmups?

MORE BUTTONS

Attached: Pantsu on Head Retarded.png (954x1022, 500K)

>SHMUPs

Attached: Brainlet.png (625x773, 112K)

>ancient controls
if your shmup has more than 4 face buttons (you can barely get away with 5) and more than 2 movement speeds per player it is probably shit

Well being able to control your speed like with an analog stick for starters

Toyosatomimi no Miko

Attached: 1506869204870.png (771x803, 701K)

terrible thread. you wanna make a SHMUP thread do it well.

Attached: Byakuren_20.jpg (555x776, 71K)

Driveby posting best Owen was her
youtu.be/ohCKMMC0pdU

Why does this happen every time we get a new 2hu game?
We have great discussion for the first few days, and then it instantly falls apart and turns into shit as ops like this are seen as good starting points for discussion.
Wish you faggots would just let the topic go instead of revisiting it when we've discussed it to death.

Clearly you make them like Devil Engine which controls like complete ass thanks to the shit movement

Kek what a depressing post

Shmups and danmaku refuse to evolve but at least they like to sit back in the realm of indie games. Fighting games are worst. They looks all exactly the same, offer exactly the same experience, refuse to evolve and still like to pretend to be big video games.

we could do it better if Yea Forums didnt have endless retards.

Attached: Mayumi costanza.png (580x849, 422K)

Suika has a flat chest and a tight cunny

I've heard that even /jp/ is pretty bad these days, though.
I went a few days ago, forgot my etiquette and used meme arrows improperly. Not a single person asked me who I was quoting.
The board is fucking dead.

hisoutensoku is fun

i was wondering if it was possible to have 3d bullet hell games, but i guess the camera would make them extremely limiting

saddens me more because theres too many idol threads, too many threads that clog up any sense of freedom, and i say that as someone who loves /jp/. Its a sad state, but I take it over other boards regardless. People need to remember shit like lurking

Attached: SNNN.png (700x700, 190K)

>i was wondering if it was possible to have 3d bullet hell games
I think its possible. Games like Space Harrier exist. I think the sprites would need to be pretty small though to fit in with the "bullet hell" part.

Attached: download.jpg (261x193, 12K)

Star Fox ruined 3D shmups forever because now every time a game like it is made, it's seen as a "Star Fox clone."

whats lurking?

>he doesn't gangbang for the locs while playing touhou on a laptop he stole from somebody

There's a 3D remake of EoSD if you want to try it out.

/jp/ was my home board for a few years, but honestly as I spend less time on Touhou I find myself wanting to visit less and less. Going back one night a while back and seeing the current state of flanfly threads really made me depressed.

Stop being a clown, StarFox and similars are called Rail Shooters now. It's a completely different genre.

I'd rather take a depressing flanfly thread than another fucking wojak thread

Seriously what's the point of countless touhou threads on /jp/ anyway? What do you even do? Is it like an endless general like /ksg/ or something?

I am an autism myself but even I have trouble imagining what's so enjoyable such levels of repetition.

Attached: 1505861534599.png (700x950, 213K)

Niche interests and the occasional japanese bird threads.

After fapping to 2hoes for the 100th time I wanted to tryout the game itself
It aint CAVE but its alright

Attached: __komeiji_koishi_and_komeiji_satori_touhou_drawn_by_minamura_haruki__465523d445a608a84e45cba013951fa (1748x2480, 901K)