Too many reused bosses and areas

Attached: sekiro.jpg (1024x1024, 175K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/sekiro/mods/429
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I just returned to it on base PS4, trying a no kuro's charm and demon bell run. It's fucking brutal because of the shitty framerate and frame pacing. It was going fine until I reached the first real boss (the horse guy) and it's so difficult to get the deflection timing right because of the framerate issues. Too bad. Still love the game, platinum'd it. Do wish I could play it on PC with solid 60fps though. Don't know if I'm gonna bother continuing with this run, 'cause I know I'm pressing L1 at the right time on my screen, but the shitty game doesn't register often because of frame pacing crap, so it becomes a process of trial and error to find when you're supposed to be pressing L1 because From are crap at optimisation and can't make an engine on console without frame pacing horse shit.

I agree. Also cant stand the even more shallow combat and the annoying kill animations. It just gets old after a minute.

if elden ring is bad miyahacki will join kojima in the hack hall of shame

It's fun to fight them so I am glad they re-used them rather than having them all be once-only and the game be way shorter / less bosses. You act as if they could've just pulled new unique bosses out of their ass to replace the reused ones in the same amount of dev time, but chose not to

Attached: lone shadow.webm (800x450, 2.99M)

I think that drunk Juzou was used one too many times. They were different enough otherwise to where I thought it was fine.

nah those were mini bosses

What makes the combat "shallow"?

Why does this game create so much butthurt, its like 20 hours to do all routes

Reusing mini-bosses is fine especially of they, 5 hours later, can still be challenging just by changing the arena or adding a tiny twist. DaS1 reused the Taurus Demon and Capra Demon like they were duping in Oblivion, and they were a huge fucking joke even compared to the first time they were a joke.

Reusing the Ape was a good move, because Phase 1 + Phase 2 at the same time is a good tweak to the boss

Miyazaki barely worked on Sekiro. We don't know how much input he's going to have on Elden Ring either, for all we know it could be a Dark Souls 2/3 type deal. He's gotten real busy after becoming company president.

basically a lazy cash grab exploiting weebs who'll pay full price for a dark souls 2-tier samurai game

5/10 was okay

Attached: 1541105832329.jpg (738x738, 69K)

the l1 input delay is fuckin obnoxius and made it impossible to beat own and those harder bosses on charmeless

3 Genichiro
2 Owl
2 Corrupted Monk
2 Guardian Ape

He should already be considered below kojima, he's been reusing the same shit for every game for more than a decade.

The only people who hate it are fags who gave up and dropped it because they couldn't git gud. It's GOTY

Just don play the ps4 version, dropping inputs barely happens in pc.

>basically a lazy cash grab
You just described FromSoft after Demon's Souls

I like the game but its fact that there is a lot of copy pasting and reusing assets.

B-team my friend
Wait for Elden Ring

I sincerely doubt we will get a sole-directed Miyazaki game ever again. He's probably too busy to do more than outline and supervise, but he will slap his name on anything so it sells.

Attached: chadazaki.jpg (700x941, 36K)

It's not ideal, but it's still fully beatable.

Attached: Sekiro™_ Shadows Die Twice_20190503225852.jpg (1920x1080, 422K)

all pretty good reworks
ape is the only one that i could argue as bad

>3 genchiro
Up the castle and the final one, there's an other one i missed?

Attached: huh.png (155x132, 24K)

Tutorial

Reused assets are just a way to make more with less. It's like complaining that all the pickups weren't unique, if they had to make a unique pickup for every spot there would be far less

>It's like complaining that all the pickups weren't unique
No it's not like that at all. And it's a false dichotomy to suggest that if a game doesn't reuse its assets as often as Sekiro does then the game will be short or whatever. Dark Souls 3 doesn't reuse bosses a lot yet it's a longer game. How did that happen?

I just wanna say that I love this game.
The locations are so beautiful

Sekiro is a masterpiece. My personal goty so far.

no

I'm glad this faggot game for retards is dead now.

I just want a new Armored Core.

Oh cmon, that one doesnt count

Would be less of an issue if the game was bigger but it's really short and having reused shit everywhere in a game this short is just sad. Just shows that it's a filler game

The only lazy of these is the monk

>all those motherfuckers that coughed up 60 USD and got filtered out
Gonna be all over top10 lists for 2019 git gud shitters

Attached: 1447010605747.jpg (413x395, 31K)

where did the ogre hurt you?

That's not MHW

Ah yes, Tutorial supposed to lose Genichirou and castletop lightnin Genichirou are the same fight.

so what is everyone's boss rankings in this game? mine has to be 1)sword saint 2)father 3) genichiro

Dark souls 3 doesn't have minibosses, and its a question of pre-allocated resources. Dark souls could just have had a bigger budget, plus it's a total rehash so less time was spent figuring out what to put in the game

Yep, same rankings. I would savescum and reload so I could fight those 3 again. I feel like Emma and Isshin could have been like that for me as well if I were better at the game. Emma just hurts so much and destroys my posture. She frustrates the hell out of me, but if you fight her perfectly it feels so good to slap her out of her preparing her attacks and disrupt her concentration

A supposed to lose tutorial, one actual fight, and a prelude to a completely different fight
Two almost completely different fights
Granted, but first monk is more of a filter than a full boss
Two completely different fights

he hurt my back

Attached: backbreaker.jpg (1920x2156, 1.74M)

Anyone else like the three-hit monk attack where you shoulder bash them? It's fun to use because you can throw it out as fast or faster than a sword swing, so like you can mix it up anytime between using your sword and punching them

i was able to beat sword saint and owl father( 1st time fighting ever) in 1 and 2 tries respectively on ng+3 and kinda want to try it with charmless but i feel its gunna be ridiculously hard.

emma is easy to aggro down, she eats two blocks before she parries and is easy to hit after you parry. She's just like her character, skilled but frail

I actually made separate save backups for SS Isshin, Owl and Emma+Isshin. I don't think I ever had this much fun fighting bosses over and over again. Boss rush FUCKING WHEN?

any brainlet that says owl father and great shinobi owl are the same is either inhaling too much carbon monoxide or didnt actually play the game

t. Butthurt zoomer STILL seething and coping that soulsbornes are irrelevant now

I was just about to buy this game on steam but I'm really on the fence about it.
I hear mixed things about the Sekiro.

The amount of asspulls people try to make to justify them sucking at this game and being butthurt is insane. This game is the best thing From’s ever put out. I laugh when anyone even tries to imply the polish is any less than the Soulsbornes.

You sound like an impressionable young boy so I would stay away if I were you.

what do u want from a game? it has pretty good addicting combat, good to amazing bosses, good atmosphere and areas to explore

stfu cuck

Said the cuck who got beat by a video game

>best from game
>lazy

Attached: httpsi.4cdn.orgv1565363060457.webm (670x348, 2.55M)

imagine complaining about the mini bosses that are literally just there to give you beads

It's useful when you want to get a couple extra attacks in when you know the enemy will deflect your next sword swing.

Game should have had more difficult non-boss segments desu, getting raped by the nightjars was pretty fun and intense but after genichiro i learned to play the game and everything became pretty easy outside of bosses

>what is dmc5

Did you try playing without the charm? It stops being easy and you have to play like the dirty ninja you are just to survive

Sekiro is my GOTY and the amount of butthurt casuals filtered is alone a good enough reason for it.

Don't even remember what the charm is

Yea Forums has been complaining since day 1 about this game and it’s obvious most of them are parrots who never played it or are shitters that got filtered and quit or used cheats to beat it then dropped it

Sad but that’s what nu-Yea Forums is like now.

Attached: F50BEBA8-BF46-4E70-86A4-07884AB1CB58.jpg (1920x1080, 282K)

You probably never played after NG. When you beat the game you unlock the charm, which after you give it to Kuro makes all enemies harder and halves the effectiveness of your block.

>It stops being easy and you have to play like the dirty ninja you are just to survive
I wish, only a couple of bosses really punish you if you end up blocking during the game since you only really use it for them. Beat the game with the demon and no charm and I wish there was a higher difficulty level

Horseshit. No charm is difficult as shit past Owl and you haven’t played it if you think nobody punishes you for missing the deflect

Yall think this game will get DLC?

but I did play it user :(

It makes it so you take 30% chip damage when you block, like in this webm: . Also enemies do 25% more regular / posture damage to you while their own posture and HP is increased. And status effects build up 40% faster.
The increased posture damage taken in particular is brutal, your posture bar is always at the breaking point and you can't get hit or fuck up a parry or you're in serious trouble

highly doubt it

Incredibly doubtful. I thought they'd already confirmed they had no plans for that anyway.

Attached: __divine_child_of_rejuvenation_and_kuro_the_divine_heir_sekiro_shadows_die_twice_drawn_by_sakuru__fb (640x862, 115K)

DLC would be too zoomer for this anti-zoomer perfection of a game

Oh bummer. I didn't keep up with news on this game so I didn't know that

Most streamers for this game were zoomers though.

the best souls games don't get DLC

Not going to put in 2 Isshin or would that've made it too obvious?

What the fuck are you talking about? Crystal Nigger, Havel,Stray Nigger, Boreal Outrider Nigger etc etc

>streamers
Ok zoomer

You know, influencers?

yeah I agree with the other guy, that's horseshit. The increased posture damage makes it so your posture breaks on like one mistimed-parry-turned-block, often while the enemy still has like 2-3 more hits in their combo of which one is guaranteed to hit your posture-broken ass (instead of just one slow finisher hit that you can usually roll away from for no penalty) for 90% of your HP.
You have to play like a dirty ninja in that it's really fuckin hard to fight more than one enemy at once in a straight honorable fight, and you frequently have to retreat and attack again from another angle or with stealth

There's bad dlc and there's expansions. Who doesn't want to play as Isshin staging a coup?

lol zoomer. Your snapchat filled world is a joke you see

You showed him.

I don't use snapchat.

Please post more about it on your blog

I don't have a blog. They're so 2005.

That’s great zoomer. This place is not the place for you to talk about yourself tho unfortunately.

Please tell me someone made a Shrek mod for that.

Who's going to stop me though?

Ye

Attached: C3792FDE-9198-4655-A35C-BE2D66EEC36A.gif (400x214, 2.55M)

So... 2 of them?

it was pretty cool that you were basically acting as a witness to the downfall of ashina as it was happening but yeah the second half could've used more areas
fountainhead was cool but pretty much only had 2 enemies with a few variations along with a bunch of fish

>Ah shit

Attached: coub-Sekiro-Shadows-Die-Twice-%D0%98%D0%B3%D1%80%D1%8B-cj-5204444.jpg (1280x734, 96K)

GOTY of 2019 and potentially the 2010s

It’s such a breath of fresh air in a world where every game needs online and DLC and to market itself with how much variety in weapons and STUFF it has, all the while having a mediocre game. Sekiro takes the old school purist route of a video game where the fun derives from the actual movements and the player’s ability themselves. That’s it. No online and no loot and no min maxing. Just pure skill. Love it.

nexusmods.com/sekiro/mods/429

>dropping inputs barely happens in pc
I thought it was dropping inputs, didn't know this was an actual thing. I was wondering if my controller was fucking up.

20h to do all routes is nonsense. Maybe if you never get stuck. The game is kind of overrated by obnoxious "git gut" fanbois. Though it has very clear flaws.
For example... the Dragon rot shit makes for a bad first impression. I restarted the game because it triggered my OCD. It may take a while to realize dragon rot is irrelevant and wont kill NPCs. But thats your first impression.
The entire skillsystem is very 'meh'. And so are most of the upgrades for your arm. Skills have it worse though.
Losing Sen and exp on death makes for an unfair and tedious mechanic. Buying money bags and grinding exp before a boss to get +1skill is unneeded nonsense.
There is once again unneeded grinding of Spirit Emblems/Divine confetti - as if that shit needed to be there. And you need Confetti for 25% dmg increase to optimize your chances. AND.... the effect doesnt hold long enough. Fighting the Demon of Hatred takes with Confetti on you at all times, is horrible. I also think the combat gets stale a bit, compared to DS.
I like Sekiro; but to answer your question. It's fanbois being annoying and the game often being frustrating.

dropping inputs doesn't happen. If you spam block multiple times in a row, the parry window just gets smaller and smaller each time. It's an intended mechanic to keep you from just smashing the L1 button constantly every fight to get endless easy parries. It makes it so you have to time it at least a little, so that you get the parry within the first 2 or 3 presses of the button.
Also deflects just won't work unless you are actually facing the enemy who's attacking you and you are not in any kind of stagger or non-cancellable attack animation

Why the fuck not

What the fuck is the purpose of this fucking item

Attached: 1565826356249.png (1068x1284, 1.14M)

not spamming L1 though. it drops R1, too.

Dragonrot is a nonissue with all the tears they throw at you.
Losing sen and exp has basically no impact on anything, they are both infinite and neither of them are strictly necessary.
Divine confetti is only necessary for headless and warriors, Demon of Hatred can easily be overcome without the extra damage.
You never need to grind spirit emblems unless you are relying on firecrackers for every single hit.

breadcrumbs, not that you ever need it

Marking where you have been for the retarded, I assume.

Yeah but, 1600 sen and being located just by the lady bitching about rice? They had to be trolling.

It explicitly tells you the rice is inedible, I guess.

>grinding
Get fucking good and play more. The game never requires you to grind because you always have ample supply of items and by the time you’ve hit all the endings and achievements for those you’d also have enough skill points to max out your skills. Anyone who complains of grinding is either at the start of the game and has no idea how the item economy is actually like or is really really bad at the game

>It's an intended mechanic to keep you from just smashing the L1 button constantly every fight to get endless easy parries.
If that were true i wouldn't be completely immune to being fucked with when i mash block like i do, maybe you're just a fucking retard without eyeballs that can't see how fucking shit the combat in this game is.

Attached: 1536747284725.jpg (720x1280, 61K)

Yep
Thanks user, this is why I play all my games on PC.

Except you aren't immune, your posture meter goes up rapidly with blocks and you get posture broken + hit for like 150% normal damage. If you mash L1 like four times in a row before an attack hits, your parry window gets so small that you pretty much have to press it on the first frame of the enemy's attack or it will just be a normal block (or sometimes a hit, if you fuck up the timing enough).
If you just hit L1 twice to get your parry it is usually still pretty forgiving, but 3x and up the window becomes very small

Tutorial Genichiro is just phase 1 of both his other fights though

see, you are the type of fucking subhuman that annoys the shit out of everyone.

>Anyone who complains of grinding is either at the start of the game and has no idea how the item economy is actually like or is really really bad at the game

> those you’d also have enough skill points to max out your skills.
Yikes. Just shut the fuck up you nutcase. Your skills are all useless. Except maybe Whirlwind and Ichimonji. Everyone who claims otherwhise is just a crazy fanboy. You wont ever need the other combat skills EVER. But both dragon rot and grinding is a case of the game being annoying intentionally. it doesnt fucking matter if it won't matter in the end. Then it shouldn't be there in the first place.

Also
>item economy
Using Divine confetti gives you 25% dmg against everything. You will never have enough (until ng+)), if you want to use it. is it "needed"? No. But its natural for many people to use every farmable consumable they can if it gives them an advantage.

>x is a "nonissue. y is a non-issue
Than why is it in your game? :)
This is just to fuck with peoples OCD.
Also I know all of these things, but its simply not good design.

Sekiro was missing real platforming sections desu

Literally when the fuck does your posture break where it isn't already reset by the time any enemy starts another attack. A lot of enemy attacks simply miss you completely if you're standing fucking still.

>writes another wall of text to whine because he got told to get good

Get good

Actually you don't even take posture damage on perfect blocks so mashing literally makes you fucking immune to bullshit

You do take posture damage. And mashing nonsensically doesn’t work because it requires precise timing and you’re basically just asking to get your posture broken. Anyone who has played this game can tell you this.

I literally have medically diagnosed OCD. Dragonrot and resource loss do a great job of impressing upon you the cost of dying.

There really isn't much going on with Sekiro's combat. One weapon, mostly useless tools that you are also limited in using. Each attack has a fixed solution such as blocking, mikiri or jumping. Its fun for two or so runs of the game, but by my second ending I was pretty bored of the game.

>Dragonrot and resource loss do a great job of impressing upon you the cost of dying.
Yeah until you get down to 1 sen/1xp and still don't know who any of the people with dragonrot are. Just plan out your tear usage (only after a boss you're stuck on and/or if you want to spend time getting some sidequests done) and keep coin purses and dying doesn't matter.

Having to go out of your way to attempt to mitigate the consequences of dying to sate your autism is the system working. I wish they let NPCs die without treatment though.

see
its a fucki

You’ve obviously never played the game

This isn’t true at all and it’s way more true in From’s previous games. Sekiro is the most finely tuned combat they’ve done and the enemy AI reads you way better than anything in Soulsbornes.

The massive amount of people bitching and complaining about this game are literally filtered and butthurt. This game is legit From’s best and a masterpiece.

You're a fucking shill this game was a piece of actual piss i fucking beat this whole shitbox game jumping and mashing the fucking block button, the enemy takes more posture damage from you mashing fucking block than you take blocking the fucking hit.
The only time i didn't do that is when i had to catch the monkeys.

>too many reused bosses and areas
The game takes place around Ashina and it’s supposed to be about the characters there. This isn’t some Souls game, they’re telling an actual story with actual characters. You’re retarded the game is amazing.

Lol whatever you say buddy. Hope you get to play it one day.

I disagree with re-used areas. I can see the re-used bosses complaint but it didn't annoy me.

This. Fuck fantasy trash

All endings, every boss faggot. I like the game but lets not pretend its combat isn't shallow and limited.

I totally believe you bro

Glad you do.

t. boomer

You're a fucking faggot and a liar eat the shit you deserve and die

Attached: ashigaru_inf_bow_ashigaru.png (128x236, 37K)

>no tomoe fight
but why

You are playing on the first run. So when you mash block you dont really notice the posture damage you take by not getting those perfects. Think of it like if you just pressed block and think of the effect that has.

The second owl was really fucking good fuck you.

(1) FIRE CHAD ISSHIN, (2) sword saint and finally (3) daddy.

combat was very much focused on quick reflexes rather than skill, but it still was better than from's other games.

> annoying kill animations.
Just don't do them?

What do you mean by shallow? I dont remember dark souls having anything beyond rolling.

>if you don't have 200 hundreds weapons and 4 billions stats the combat is shallow
I will never get this need to have every games be the same.

My man, same. I just finished NG+2 purification ending last night. Running through Demon of Hatred and then SSI immediately was fucking amazing.

He has actually played the game. Thats the first playthrough experience. You dont even notice the posture bar much on the first one. and it doesnt really matter until ng+3.

The lack of animation then talking to npcs felt cheap.

I agree on this one, no need to over complicate the situation.

replace parrying with rolling and that's Sekiro

>pay
I'll never understand the cucks who defend this idea.

Attached: 0011.jpg (329x399, 44K)

>SSI
>Owl 2 in Hirata
>Genicheerios, the first time around at least but he gets quite easy after that.
Honorable mention to both Monkey Trouble and Demon of Hatred. I didn't do the latter until NG+2 because I went in blind and missed him the first time, but man was he fun just because you had to stay aggressive if you wanted to make any progress.
>Boss rush FUCKING WHEN?
This was my immediate thought after SSI. Such a fun and satisfying fight, it made doing Shura actually painful by missing out on him.
Mustard race wins again unironically

Yeah, finally soulsfags had their ego put in check.

Thats not simply not true. Mikiri and gomba stomp add enough so that you actually have to think about the attack the enemy is doing (its more than simply big parry). and dodging in sekiro adds a different style of gameplay (going for vitality), not that sekiro gameplay has much variety.

Ok. What game do you feel has good combat?

1) Demon of Hatred 2)Sword Saint Isshin 3) Owl
If you’re decent at parrying, both Isshins shouldn’t be that much of a problem imo. Demon of Hatred kicked my ass though, it wasn’t until I started using the flame proof umbrella that I actually had a good chance of beating him. Owl was just annoying with his poison and jumping

>Sekiro is my GOTY and the amount of butthurt casuals filtered is alone a good enough reason for it.
Absolutely this. The flood of "SOULLESS" threads by anons who got absolutely filtered by early game minibosses was fucking beautiful.

Attached: ssdt19.png (770x774, 717K)

Agreed. I like the snowy mountain aesthetic but when its most of the game it gets a bit tired. Also the fact that most items and weapon arts are useless is also a problem. Still think the game is great though

Attached: 1554853991516.png (1280x558, 718K)

>Yea Forums and /vg/
>circlejerk themselves to death for being elite gamers and beating dark souls
>go 5 min into a thread and realize most of them beat them by googling ultra optimized builds, using cheese strats like poison and shit on bosses, and ending their playthroughs with 60 in vig
>can only win pvp fight by suing literal glitch and press-to-win button
>Dark Souls is so good!
>Sekiro comes out
>no obvious cheese, can't farm for vig points and has to actually learn the game
>it's garbage game! reeeee
It's actually so damn funny, never saw so many people being humilated and filtered at the same time by the same thing.
"how to cheese sword saint" being the most googled Sekiro topic for the first two months being the absolute peak.

>Sekiro
>not based
Pick one and only one my dudes.

Attached: 0B31A921-5E52-4D11-AF2F-F0F3FBE15629.jpg (2140x1536, 991K)

Does anyone know how to get onto higher ngs? i downloaded the mod on ng+2 because i got bored around fountainhead palace. Ive beaten sword saint alone 3 times today and i have no idea how to get onto a higher ng. I honestly just want to see how hard he is at ng+9 and maybe try to kill him.

I kinda wish that you could at least get a few different new swords, or maybe just touch on the major types of weapon for the era, not like 30 "different" swords. I would have fucking LOVED to have some kind of huge ass No-Dachi like the drunken bosses have.

>how to cheese sword saint.
If theve gotten that far then surely they cant be bad enough not be be able to defeat sword saint isshin.

>implying you can swim in Soulsbornes

Attached: 1D54EB94-6BB5-406F-83EF-039B77201842.jpg (2626x1536, 708K)

>run
>boss attacks
>hit him once
>back away and run again
>repeat
That's how.

don't forget fucking jumping. This game has jumping, and anything you can do on the ground you can do in midair

>If theve gotten that far then surely they cant be bad enough not be be able to defeat sword saint isshin.
You'd be surprised. Many of the bosses in Sekiro can be beaten the soulsborne way by dwindling their health and a lot of players relied on sprinting around them and getting their hacks in when they could instead of deflecting or countering or learning the more helpful mechanics. SSI is hard to do that with because he has four stages which makes the fight long as fuck and little room for error if you don't get your ass on him at all times.

>2019
>not taking a dipkiro

Attached: AD3043CA-73F0-4A0D-820C-F6C37CB4D5EE.jpg (2490x1536, 969K)

>NOOOOOO!! DON'T CRITICIZE THE ONLY ACTION GAME I'VE EVER PLAYED! OTHERWISE PEOPLE WON'T THINK I'M A HARDCORE GAMER :(

Name 34

Attached: 814380_screenshots_20190809205248_1.jpg (7938x2719, 3.9M)

That's not even cheesing, that's just making the game harder for yourself. He will just zip up to you and catch you by the toe if you try to run around him. You need to defeat him with posture damage, meaning you cannot let up and run away like a bitch

No, I meant that's how they got so far and why they job so hard on Isshin.

Attached: FBCDB152-BF37-4035-BB4B-18B86883B5F2.jpg (2676x1536, 956K)

> Shallow combat

lol ok kid

Attached: CD93CDF5-E68C-4DC0-BDC2-C37FEB2FC1E1.jpg (2674x1536, 771K)

katanagatari>>>>>>>>sekiro
shills on Yea Forums are pathetic

False because Demon's Souls didn't get DLC.

Attached: 823B6526-688C-4EE2-B5D6-0B7280DF4E08.jpg (2484x1536, 537K)

If only you were as good at playing games as you were at whining.

For the sequel user.

Dude are you taking photos of your monitor?

we were so close to not giving him any (You)s and then this faggot had to show up

we were so close to not giving him any (You)s and then this faggot had to show up

>namefagging

Attached: 9bb77ad4c8af03ec82175d7706d4ca68.png (169x179, 77K)

Sekiro basically shat on zoomers and girl gamers and they can’t recover.

Attached: 0E96AD35-886D-4908-A821-8FC26EEC5319.jpg (2608x1536, 938K)

check out this wormy dude

Attached: worm.jpg (416x405, 35K)

i like that worm

>any brainlet that says owl father and great shinobi owl are the same is either inhaling too much carbon monoxide or didnt actually play the game
They are basically the same, just with Owl 1's weakest moves taken out and more firecracker bullshit added in.

Can somebody redpill me on these.

Wrong. Owl 2 reads your moves more and ties together his combos leaving you with less windows and hops around more. And ofc he has a magic owl in the second phase that lets him teleport and throw fire at you.

Attached: 72882BD9-252B-46D3-B3D0-D82E8D003697.jpg (1879x2046, 777K)

Why don't you play on pc?

Attached: 1565379164087m.jpg (806x1024, 51K)

OH SHIT LOOK OUT

Attached: speedworm.jpg (306x301, 53K)

Attached: ssdt16.jpg (720x720, 103K)

>I only beat it twice bruh. Pretty boring desu.

Wow you zoomers have alot of time on your hands. Depressed sekiro isn't an open world ubishit or Bethesda game with "endless content"?

Attached: deathworm.jpg (224x224, 43K)

Jumping counter is the goomba stomp i dont think it has a name. I guess jumping is a dodge of its own and it even has iframes attached to it.

>tfw annihilating a NG+ boss that pushed your shit in on your virgin run

Attached: 1533437932719.jpg (680x677, 254K)

The final stage is incredibly easy though. Its would still be a gauntlet to get there but the thunder attack does more vitality damage than you would do to defeat his other stages.

I just started the game and jumping proved extremely effective against Orge. He wasn't as difficult as everyone says he was.

I'm not sure how to cure Dragonrot though.

imagine failing an hour long isshin boss fight.

Divine Dragon is the most bullshit fight. The lightning sometimes straight up kills you instead of infusing you with electricity, and the dragon tracks the swings on you right when you’re zipping. And if you’re infused with lightning and you get hit you fall and die. It’s bs because it’s so rng based. Plus you need to go through a mob army at the star. Fuck I hate this bitch.

Very easy if you know how to cuck his lightning attacks, yeah, but I'm guessing many who can't even figure out posture struggled with that.

I genuinely and unironically am sad that there wasnt that many boss fights. Sekiro dlc never ever too.

>The lightning sometimes straight up kills you instead of infusing you with electricity
Never happened to me.

Sekiro was sick.

>SSI is hard to do that with because he has four stages which makes the fight long as fuck
I find Owl Father much longer personally, just because he has so much more health and stamina so you can't kill him fast, whereas each stage of Sword Saint can be done in under 1 minute if you counter properly.

I don’t know if it’s from the v1.04 update or not, but on my NG+ runs I’m always getting stuck on DG because the lighting doesn’t work properly sometimes. I zip into the spot where it’s primed and instead of shooting up in the air with the lightning on my sword, I just insta lose all my health and I’m face first in the ground. I end up having to resurrect because I’m thinking this boss is usually easy but then some other bullshit moment happens like that and I have to restart. To make matters worse I keep getting swiped mid air. It’s either From made this fight harder than it was in v1.03, the NG+ runs make the AI smarter and lightning be more bullshit, or I’m having some glitch/bad luck.

I meant that SSI is long if you're a new player who doesn't stay on him and work his posture. I agree, Genichiro and his first and last stage can be incredibly fast.

The problem is that the bosses aren't good in the first place. If they didn't re-use them the game wouldn't be any better.

Attached: 1494999594798.gif (380x201, 236K)

>The lightning sometimes straight up kills you instead of infusing you with electricity, and the dragon tracks the swings on you right when you’re zipping
Didn't notice this my first couple of playthroughs but a few days ago I did DD again and it kept happening.
Might very well be a change they added in to make him less of a freebie.

>best bosses From has ever created
>aren’t good
Try playing the game first before you speak about it.

Dragonrot is cured by doing a sidequest. From then on dragonrot should be a non issue. I didnt have trouble with the ogre but only because i did the owl first.

I did him just the other day, and never happened. I've never fought him on NG+ though so could be that.

Thank you! Glad I’m not the only one that noticed how much harder this fight is. When I first played it I swear things went much smoother.

What. Can you give reasoning?

Maybe. It just feels weird because I’ve gotten damaged by lightning in the fight normally like after I get hit by the sword, but it usually takes away only a chunk of my health. This BS I’m describing takes away ALL my health instantly. I can’t tell if it’s a glitch or I’m doing something wrong.

>the bosses aren't good in the first place

doesn't matter if they resused some shit, this was a big departure from the norm for From software, and they managed to do an okay job.

The imbalanced nature of the skills and prosthetics is probably a bigger issue than things like double ape. Double Ichimonji is just too good and free to use

>Hey let’s make the hitboxes in our game as good as possible
>Hey, eh. But make hitboxes for thurst attack as big as possible so players can’t dodge them. We want them to use mikiro counter!
Shit design

Attached: FF577582-6ED4-4ACA-B115-AD2BD9092F73.jpg (1280x720, 316K)

They all have their niche strengths and it takes a while for you to appreciate them. Mortal Draw Enhanced basically one shots most mobs for you, Exorcist strikes let you keep the rhythm of your offence going, High Monk let’s you dodge really well and apply posture damage, and Whirlwind Slash is good also with mobs but is free. Tons of other ones too I have to experiment with. Shadowfall is really useful for closing distance and Nightjar Slash Reversal is good for guerrilla tactics. They get more and more useful the more you play and the harder the game gets on NG+

I did play it and finish and dropped afterwards because it's fucking boring. There's nothing to the bosses that makes them any good, play literally any other action game and you'll find better bosses.
Most of them are incredibly easily exploited or super easy, you're never in any real danger if you use even a modicum of strategy because the devs thought you'd be so entranced by the clang clang clang and pretty colours that you'd forget about being able to move away from the boss. They're legit about as hard as the enemies in Gothic or maybe even less so.

Attached: 1564526564716.gif (184x191, 1.67M)

Why would you not want to use the mikiri counter?

>game punishes you for not using the correct counter to an attack
What's the problem here? Didn't get enough of your invincibility button in the first five soulsborne games?
I fucking love that Sekiro has one specific option for many attacks.

You can also deflect them.

Attached: 9EE0E367-31B7-4C02-9CDA-3E8C7FE24950.jpg (750x715, 612K)

The game felt pretty weak for me, I got up to the castle and kinda stopped playing, probably due to souls fatigue. I thought the stealth mechanic they put in was shit and tedious, I don't see how anyone can enjoy spending 20mins sneak attacking clutter before fighting a mini boss. If the game focused on one to one combat with mini bosses and removed half the filler enemies I'd probably would of finished it

Attached: 1564561861317.jpg (1024x672, 107K)

>le sneak attack clutter complaint
Lmao so that one general gave you some trouble huh?

Sure thing user. Literally any other action game huh?

So something like Bayonetta, where you can dodge literally every single attack with heavy iFrames, or just royalguard lmao in DMC5 isn't incredibly easily exploited or super easy or anything, but this is. Hmmm...

it was great but where is my dlc
reeeeee

KEK. ANOTHER FUCKING HIT AND RUNNER. Its honestly funny how much one man can be bfto'd even when he wins. How do the hour long Sword saint fights taste?

Because you have less options to do things? And it’s also inconsistent as fuck. You have a bunch of webms showing how amazing the hitboxes are and a bunch showing how shitty they are as well. I want to dab on bosses by dodging but I can’t. Genichiro thurst after the overhead strike is the worst offender here. The thurst starts from a crouch position and yet will always hit you even if you jump up. It’s more about player options rather than what’s best. Of course mikiri is fucking best.

That's a good question. From managed to publish a game through fucking Activision without any
>season passes
>microtransactions
>DLC of any kind
Not even any sort of preorder bonus. From is based.

You might not believe me, but in my opinion, from a design standpoint, the stealth isn't meant to be a major part of the game. I mean that sincerely because I think many anons feel like From tried to make Splinter Cell: Japan when it's just not true. It's great for taking away one critical from a miniboss or thinning out a herd of common enemies, but the latter die in a few hits most of the time anyways so if you're really pressed for time be aggressive and go straight in. Outside of one late game area it really is just a small wrinkle thrown in, don't feel forced to use it in every situation.

Sword Saint isn't anywhere near hard enough in my opinion. I wish it took me like another 8 hours to beat him, fighting him was so damn fun.

Just dont. That fight only needs you to kill a sword minion before the fight.

It was great. Get the boss rush mod because doing more runs can get really boring.

>I want to dab on bosses by dodging but I can’t
It doesn't matter what you want to do. Sekiro isn't designed that way. If you prefer rolling so much than Sekiro isn't the From game for you and to call that a flaw in its design is to be pretty ignorant.
The dodge is far less effective for a reason: to force you into doing the one right thing. Yes, that gives you less options, but personally I love that because it narrows your room for error in a boss fight. No magic i-frames saving your ass, if you miss a thrust or swipe attack because you didn't do the right thing, you get punished.

>give legitimate complaint
>GIT GUD xd
I guess by this logic borderlands is one of the hardest games ever made, since I couldn't even get passed the tutorial without getting bored. There is nothing interesting about abusing half assed stealth mechanics, but I don't imagine a tripfag would understand. Consider suicide user

Attached: 1523587602044.jpg (540x360, 23K)

The responses are proof that you're right

Yes literally any other action game, I've yet to encounter bosses as stupid as in this game. I wasn't joking when I compared them to enemies in Gothic.
>hour long
Whatever helps you sleep at night.

You’re not supposed to spend 20 minutes. You’re supposed to breeze through it all, It’s all about picking targets strategically and knowing how to take them down. Everything is at your disposal just use it. Don’t be a bitch and the game rewards you.

>the best and deepest combat in any soulsborne
>ds2-tier
lmao at your life

Attached: 1555204765091.jpg (1081x1080, 775K)

>half assed stealth mechanics
It's probably my fault for being stupid but that area where you're told not to get caught I really thought something bad was going to happen if I did but nah you'll just get chased by these super easy enemies like in every other area

>I wasn't joking
And yet your posts are still a joke.

Yeah dude I'm exploiting the dumb enemy AI by taking a few steps backwards. What a joke.

There is something to be said about patience being a virtue, but i dont think it was meant to be used in place of skill. By taking on the attacks you get more vitality damage than the hit and run strat and you deal posture damage. sword saint is a crazy and impressive example if you managed to beat him, For the final stage did you jump into the lightning attacks or did you just keep hitting and running?

I had the same problem with borderlands. and i also disliked the steal part too. I would simply say either tough through it or ignore it. Its only a prayer bead.

And i was exploiting the ai by walking towards them then.

You can iframe through that attack.

only iframes reliably against sweeps though, I think. I usually never try and use jumps in place of regular dodges though so IDK. Jumps and jumping kicks are programmed to have extra iframes against sweeps in particular.

Attached: high monk kick.webm (1000x562, 2.9M)

You can't jump thrusts usually you donut. They just guide the thrust upwards. Dodge or mikkiri thrusts.

you jump and mash L1 deflect (just in case) and nothing can touch you

it's not so much hit and run as it is getting him into a repeatable loop of attacks where you can easily break his posture. Just get away from to a certain distance and it's almost guaranteed that he'll do the leap attack which you can follow up with a few attacks of your own without any chance of him hitting you.

The third phase i just baited out his lighning attack twice which took no time at all and he was as good as dead.

Except grabs.

I recently reinstalled it to see whether or not I can find fun with it after not really digging my first playthrough, and I find that I still have the same problems with the game.

The biggest of which is that because there's no enemy loot drops for weapons and armor, there's no real reason to fight a lot of the enemies in the game. As an early game example, after beating MY NAAAAAAAME IS GYOUBU MASATAKA ONIWA, the only real enemies you HAVE to fight before Blazing Bullshit (the boss is still somehow boring and annoying bullshit even after allegedly being patched) is the "rats" near the idol statue so that you can get the skill scroll from Isshin. Other than that, I just ran from the idol statue to the boss room. What reason do I have to fight any of the other enemies in between? Nothing. I don't get any specific weapon drops or cool loot from them. It just wastes my fucking time.

There are so many places in the game like that where running past enemies is just better than fighting them. The game needs to give you actual incentive to fight enemies. Past Soulsborne games did that. Even if you weren't grinding, there were still enemies you wanted to fight because you wanted their armor or weapons.

same character with a different move set is not the same boss (genichiro/owl)

Im doing that run right now. My Name was a bitch but I eventually got through him. Just save your firecrackers for the last stage and use pellets and gourds wisely. I’m currently in Fountainhead, can’t wait to fight demon and Isshin.

I fight the enemies because I think it's fun. Nearly all variants of samurai and ninja are fun to fight even repeatedly, and even the drunk bandit dudes can be unexpectedly dangerous. Also I fight to gain EXP levels to use for more abilities in the skill trees.
But yes you can often just run past enemies. You are a shinobi after all

souls players see it as shallow because of lack of options
but I find the deflect mechanic really rewarding and more condusive to the sword duels of the boss fights
it's still the same mastery by repetition, just in a different way

I’ve played Souls and I prefer Sekiro because the combat gameplay is actually fun and responsive. Hence the difficulty and speed can be ramped up even higher. The fighting is much more complex especially as enemies advance and become stronger and read your moves. It’s much more of a tense combat experience than with the dead AI of Souls

Nice, a new tripfag i get to filter

>base ps4
what a dumbass

The game is just ridiculously padded out. I used to think Hideki Kamiya games were padded out with fighting the same boss multiple times, but this game takes the cake.

You fight reskinned Juzou like 4 times. There are like 4 versions of the black/purple one-handed ninja mini-boss. The Chained Ogre is reused without any kind of reskinning 3 times in the entire game. You fight the Shichimen Warrior 3 times each and the Headless like 5 times each. Here is the grand total of reskinned fights:

2 Bulls
2 Seven Spears
2 Snake Eyes
2 Long-arm Centipedes
2 Vergils
2 Owls
2 Isshins
2 Apes
2 Corrupted Monks
3 Genichiros
3 Chained Ogres
3 Shichimen
4 Lone Shadows
4 Juzous
4 Samurai Generals
5 Headless

Not to mention it has some of the laziest mini-boss design in Souls history. How the fuck is Mist Noble even seriously considered a mini-boss? Or that Okami woman?

Thats a lot quicker compared to what i imagined. Posture does reward aggression however and ss isshin has very fast posture regen at high vit. But simply baiting out mikiris and thiunder strikes seems much more viable compared to a gauntlet of vit kills.

>The game needs to give you actual incentive to fight enemies
IMO I think Sekiro requires a lot more intrinsic motivation than other soulsborne games. You're not going to get a ton of varied rewards for beating common enemies or bosses. The "rewards" are improving your skills and showing how much better equipped you are to handle enemies on further playthroughs. I didn't think I'd play Sekiro a ton after my first playthrough but getting better at the combat and absolutely cucking bosses that pushed my shit in the first time around keeps me going and now I'm well over 100 hours.
The trade-off for all of this is the game is much shorter than most soulsbornes before it. It's honestly meant to be rushed through in certain areas or against common enemies if you ask me. Just me two cents, Sekiro is not soulsborne in terms of rewards for killing mob enemies, and nor should it be.
(Although a big concern for me was having a reason for exploration, because after you knew the areas and found your 754th ceramic pot it got a bit old).

zoomers loved sekiro you autistic boomer
how bad do you smell btw

Minibosses dont really count desu. The mist noble being a miniboss is probably because he is unique. I dont see any way in which he is different from an npc. He doesnt even reward a prayer bead. I also liked that really easy first elite.
The two isshins are completely different and you are being retarded. The headless and shichimen i think are the only real copypaste encounter though.

owl 2 times?

Sekiro is made for zoomers lmfao. You dumb oldfucks age 28+ soon won't be able to keep up with your shit reaction times.

Depending on the ending you choose and going back to Hirata again, yes.

You arent doing yourself any favours by not fighting daddy. He will unlock the purification ending.

t. zoomer in denial

The corrupted monk is one that i missed. That first one was really unnecessary.

You're the one deluding yourself. The bulls are exactly the same moveset, as are the Seven Spears, the Snake Eyes, the Long-Arm Centipedes, the Vergils, the Chained Ogres and the Samurai Generals. One Juzuo spews poison breath while another spews fire breath. But they're all exactly the same.

Attached: FDDEA8AA-1358-478D-A44F-6D79F12E6DB3.jpg (2446x1536, 922K)

Other action games already solved this by having a ranking/scoring system. A good ranking/scoring system incentivizes skillful and efficient play (like getting a score or rank bonus for no-damaging a boss under a certain amount of time, and shit like that). Of course, it can be done terribly like with DMC5, but it can also be done really well like in certain Cave shmups.

>It's honestly meant to be rushed through in certain areas or against common enemies if you ask me.
Indeed it does. Does anyone actually bother to carefully go through the poison valley with the monkeys that leads to the giant snake cave once they're done with their initial playthrough? No. There is literally no reason for you to do that. Your first blind playthrough, sure, you didn't know any better. But in your second playthrough, you just rush through the entire thing so that you can get that giant snake viscera at the end. Then you're done with that place forever. It's funny when you think about how two of the game's three dual katana white monkeys are in that poison valley, but you never really ever have to fight them. They wasted so many resources designing that difficult enemy, but he is never in a place where you are forced to fight him. He's actually harder than a lot of bosses to be honest.

Attached: F85605A5-43A8-46C5-87BF-FB5ABED6AF2A.jpg (2048x1742, 719K)

he was just too hard.
Honestly fighting the 2x monkey swordmasters outside that dojo with the dead lone shadow longswordsman is incredibly hard if you try and fight them straight up

>Other action games already solved this by having a ranking/scoring system. A good ranking/scoring system incentivizes skillful and efficient play
Sekiro would be perfect for this. I know this is autistic but I don't know if I'd like a system like that in a more robust soulsborne game unless it was optional to completely turn off because it might detract from the atmosphere, but it's not a bad idea. Sekiro feels in some ways like almost a boss rush in itself for a large portion of it.
>But in your second playthrough, you just rush through the entire thing
I agree, and I think it's a point a lot of anons get caught up on when they complain about the stealth. Yes, if you are trying to perfectly stealth an area like Ashina Reservoir before Spears and you keep dying to him, it can get old taking out enemy after enemy, but the solution to that is either actually killing 7 Spears, sneaking past them without engaging, or just rushing in to kill common enemies in a few hits. Whether it's your second playthrough or just an area you've been stuck in, you don't always have to engage.

>Director of game
Barely worked on it. In typical Miyazaki fashion he was probably responsible for Map design. Like Kojima up until MGS4 he developed the entire level design and events sequence himself.

Did anyone else get the dialogue during Demon of Hatred with Sekiro saying “Sculptor...” and “So these are the flames of hatred” between the first and second phase? I only got it on NG+2 and I don’t know how I triggered it.

You have to routinely check up on the Sculptor throughout the game and give him all 4 different sake's iirc

Ah kk

you have to constantly eavesdrop on Sculptor, especially when Emma is there with him

I thought I did.

Attached: 33604167-7925-43CD-A748-106E0D4EF371.jpg (2048x1585, 704K)

God I love this game so much! Fuck the RPG element shit from Dark Souls, fuck the co-op, fuck invasions! This is pure skill and it is get gud or get out! And the gore! I love cutting up these people with my katana!

Too bad you can't sever limbs.

Are you on PC but taking pics of your monitor?

Yup

Attached: 5FA72A9E-2C19-4BCC-AEE6-35A092855C44.jpg (2458x1536, 633K)

Huh, well I'll be.

FUCK THE HEADLESS
seriously fuck those damn things

This, but unironically.

I don’t bother with anything that doesn’t increase my attack power in my NG+ runs now that I got the Headless out of the way. I just try to speed run the game while getting enough skill points to boost my attack power and I only go for bosses that give me memories.

same. I just reinstalled for this thread after not playing for 3 months and its all coming back to me so fast, loading my charmless NG+2 save in Ashina dojo. Every enemy in this game is such a focused bastard to take down, it's fucking great

they genuinely scare me. That creepy music starts playing and they materialize behind you, grab you and start fisting you and pull some weird shit out of your ass for extreme damage

That’s called the shirikiodama. It’s a mythical ball inside your anus that contains your soul. The kappa was known to pull this out of its victims anuses.

Attached: 6D3BD1C9-B316-439C-A32D-B9AF7CF3102F.jpg (600x474, 57K)

*shirikodama