Yea Forums the Musical: 1 Month Left

There's officially one month left until the 7th Musical starts! Who else is hyped?

Attached: play the game.jpg (2000x2000, 1.17M)

Other urls found in this thread:

gofile.io/?c=E59Efa
youtube.com/watch?v=JBSJDKQwcNQ&list=PLAX8JHUJcFR3Vy1u--k1aIBpzK_JX9Boh&index=26
youtube.com/watch?v=Nq1bBbdtwIY&list=PLAX8JHUJcFR3Vy1u--k1aIBpzK_JX9Boh&index=20
youtube.com/watch?v=7WJfz7Nwx1A&list=PLAX8JHUJcFR3Vy1u--k1aIBpzK_JX9Boh&index=14
youtube.com/watch?v=d1hbQRA7N9A&list=PLAX8JHUJcFR3Vy1u--k1aIBpzK_JX9Boh&index=22
youtube.com/watch?v=SZuKoXIrRnc&list=PLAX8JHUJcFR3Vy1u--k1aIBpzK_JX9Boh&index=16
youtube.com/watch?v=v73R-0y72r8&list=PLAX8JHUJcFR3Vy1u--k1aIBpzK_JX9Boh&index=9
youtube.com/watch?v=H7e6qdHxW2s&list=PLAX8JHUJcFR3Vy1u--k1aIBpzK_JX9Boh&index=5
youtube.com/watch?v=VTx0709z2Ao
youtu.be/IP-gCBzsRfo
youtube.com/watch?v=iptUNUFdyas
youtube.com/watch?v=ZWMun9Q4uRI
youtube.com/watch?v=SuaW5IzbnUc
picosong.com/wLPyW/
youtube.com/watch?v=6YwFvmnbj3E),
youtube.com/watch?v=-7uNSGyM_aA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Can't wait for approximately 500 songs crying about SJWs and trannies. Yea Forums the Musical was never good.

hopefully it's better than last year's

Attached: 1560833708466.png (497x470, 209K)

Cancer post.

I wanna write an Egoraptor song, since he's hit peak downward spiral. Suggestions for base song to use?

How do I submit my entry?

with picosong and instaud dead, that's a good question.

last year we had really good songs but the entire project flopped because it was disorganized

flopped?

gofile.io/?c=E59Efa

Compare the overall youtube views of the songs between year 5 (the best one) and year 6. Most year 6 songs can't even reach 500 views. And there wasn't a single "big" song, the most viewed songs had around 1-2k views.

>popular = good

??? Did you not see my post? I said year 6 had really good songs, its just that it flopped on views because the release got delayed and the upload on youtube also took an eternity.

I'm the guy who did "Old Game Perfection" back in the day, so I'd like to see some more Muppets songs. Not that a Kermit voice is particularly hard to imitate.

I'm a baritone and I would love some more Johnny Cash or Broadway songs.

i was considering making one based on a song from a broadway musical, I had a good idea when I was listening to a soundtrack.

Andrew Dobson and **** 2B, and maybe that Do Re Mi parody, are the only ones that got popular (not including songs that got music videos), and while they are good songs, its a shame there are some hidden gems around that didn't get as much love.

NO MORE NIER SONGS
NO MORE SAMUS SONGS

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD THEY AREN'T RELEVANT THIS YEAR.

I would also include TF2 but they had the hat economy incident so I'll only accept a TF2 song if its about that.

Might as well post the Music Videos that go released after the musical:

youtube.com/watch?v=JBSJDKQwcNQ&list=PLAX8JHUJcFR3Vy1u--k1aIBpzK_JX9Boh&index=26

youtube.com/watch?v=Nq1bBbdtwIY&list=PLAX8JHUJcFR3Vy1u--k1aIBpzK_JX9Boh&index=20

youtube.com/watch?v=7WJfz7Nwx1A&list=PLAX8JHUJcFR3Vy1u--k1aIBpzK_JX9Boh&index=14

youtube.com/watch?v=d1hbQRA7N9A&list=PLAX8JHUJcFR3Vy1u--k1aIBpzK_JX9Boh&index=22

youtube.com/watch?v=SZuKoXIrRnc&list=PLAX8JHUJcFR3Vy1u--k1aIBpzK_JX9Boh&index=16

youtube.com/watch?v=v73R-0y72r8&list=PLAX8JHUJcFR3Vy1u--k1aIBpzK_JX9Boh&index=9

youtube.com/watch?v=H7e6qdHxW2s&list=PLAX8JHUJcFR3Vy1u--k1aIBpzK_JX9Boh&index=5

What are your favourite songs both from last year and in general?

I'm fond of Brian Stokes Mitchell so anything in that vein would make my dick rock hard. Maybe something as a tribute to The Impossible Dream from Man of La Mancha, playing difficult games for the sake of saying you beat them. And not just Dark Souls, shit like Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup, IWBTG, shit like that.

last year was shit
it was more drama than actual singing
let's not do that again

It feels like we didn't get a lot of videos this year.

Your mom

Theres more videos in the playlist, those are just the ones released post release

He doesnt post this masterpiece

youtube.com/watch?v=VTx0709z2Ao

Seriosly is that the best thing Yea Forums can do ?

I like the gang weed song unironically

Because thats not from the musical......

Still a really good video tho

>not even the musical
user...

Which singfags are you guys looking forward to hearing again?

I like that anonymous guy.

>guy
>not listening to femanons exclusively

I'm writing one about waifufaggotry just because you said this

Attached: 2B.png (400x400, 116K)

If its gonna be shit, whats the hype for ? Yea Forums in a nutshell

As long as you aren't that unfunny writefag that did most of the NieR songs last year.

No one is saying the musical will be shit though, that song you posted is just not part of the musical project, and it was still good.

what do we do when we run out of songs people know or care about?

There's still a BUNCH of songs we haven't done, like fucking its really impossible to run out of songs for this shit. There's many songs from Musicals, TV Shows, Movies, Youtube, and in general Artists (and from each subgenre of music, Rock, Pop, Rap, Metal, etc) not to mention new songs coming out every year. We are NEVER gonna run out of music.

I'd actually be more concerned about running out of good topics to write songs about than running out of songs.
Music will outlive videogames.

There are hundreds of thousands of songs that are arguably popular, and more are made every year. We will never run out.

I can probably name 50 classic songs we havent done yet, we don't even have to make 300 songs each year, if we have at least 100 thats cool too.

This. I already felt this the last two years.

inb4 none of them come back

God I hope so, most of them suck

bump

>nobody wants to be the first to name a namefag
I like you, the listener

I would argue that multiplayer games with active communities are relevant enough.

just name one so we can start naming more

wait that's me don't namedrop me

HOLY FUCKING CUNTBALLS, user
THE MUSICAL'S ONLY ONE MONTH AWAY WHAT ARE YOU WORKAN ON?
WRITAN I WON'T JUDGE FOR WRITAN OUT OF SEASAN?
LISTENAN TO MUSIC FOR INSPIRATAN?
PLANNAN?
NOT WORKAN ON YOUR VIDEO YOU PROMISED LAST YEAR BECAUSE YOU DRAGGED YOUR HEELS THAN YOUR COMPUTER DIED FOR LIKE A MONTHAN?

Attached: 1538015367608.gif (381x512, 536K)

Ahhh shit, here we go again...

Can we publicly shame all the videofags that put their name down on the video doc and never delivered.

I mean we can't really say what we are working on until 31 days from now

I'm thankful for marpix's autism with his guide stuff last year

youtu.be/IP-gCBzsRfo
Never forget

why does it feel like this year just flew by?

>that image
I miss mario royale already, bros

SOME OF THOSE VIDEOFAGS ARE PROBABLY TRYAN THEIR HARDEST. UNLIKE ME, WHO TOOK TOO LONG AND GOT FRUSTRATED AND GAVE UP WHEN HIS PROGRAM STARTED CRASHAN AND HIS COMPUTER DIED ON HIM. OR MAYBE THEY CLAIMED SOMETHAN FOR A VIDEO AND THEN JUST NEVER DID THE VIDEO AND NEVER WILL. SHAME AT YOUR OWN DISCRETAN
I DIDN'T MEAN TO SHARE LYRICS OR YOUR WORK OR ANYTHAN, user. JUST ASKING IF ANYONE'S WRITAN AND IF THEY PLAN ON WRITAN THIS YEAR, SINGAN, OR SOMETHAN ELSE, ETC

Please, go back to lelddit.

Attached: 2019.jpg (1080x2120, 536K)

reddit

i went to reddit and they told me to go back to Yea Forums.
you guys are like my parents nobody wants me

There's a lot of claimed songs that people did NOTHING for, like if you gave up at least take your name off

le reddit xD

What guide?

I only played it a couple times. Did it get DMCA'd?

He recorded a couple guides on how to write and edit songs.

link?

They should be in the dlc

DON'T WORRY ABOUT THAT, user
I never actually put my name on the sheet or claimed a song, I was just going to focus on a song that no one claimed yet and quietly work on it to test the waters and get my foot in. Turns out my computer is a bigger piece of shit than I already thought it was and couldn't handle the editing software

based opinion: neo-Yea Forums is still Yea Forums

We should brainstorm, then. What subjects are new or untapped?

Shit someone namedropped a singfag, now I have to do this:

Namefag tier lists:

AMAZING TIER
Anonfag
kiwi
Jebus

GREAT TIER
Focks
Black Velvetopia
HelloTosh

GOOD TIER
BT
Marpix
cherokeejack

MEH TIER
Phaseroll
Britbongfag
T.Manon

SHIT TIER
El Pato
Al
vannon
Musefemanon

CANCER TIER
SuperSounds
roco
imoutofag
Just user

FORGOTTEN TIER
thatonefemanon
ValjeanAnon
K
Baritenor
SingingAnon

WHO? TIER
Everyone else

have sex

>le musical xd
Why do Americans feel the need to sing about everything? Can you not express yourself in any other way? Are you that glib and devoid of substance?

Attached: 1555147291985.gif (224x224, 3.8M)

>that gif
what makes a grown man do this?

Post songs

VIDYA?Awwww man
So way back in the threads
Got our discussion going from post post post post pos
This thread an angry one
Hope to find some (You)’s to night
(You)(you)(you)’s
(You)’s to night
Heads up
You see a post click around and scroll up
Totall shock fills your body
Oh no its you again
I can never forget those shit posts,shit,shit,shit posts

[chorus]
CAUSE BABY TONIGHT
THE TRIP FAGS TRYING TO STEAL OUR (YOU)S AGAIN
CAUSE BABY TONIGHT
CHECK YOUR POST NUMBER
AND ROLL AGAIN
And sage,sage, til its archived in the morn
Cause baby tonight!
The trip fags using his code again
(Code again)

Just when you think your safe
Over hear some buzzwords from right behind
Thats a nice thread you have
Shame its gotta derail at this time,time,time,time

Spergs out
And your thread page drops you could you a bump
Get the janny dont be tardy
So now your threads auto sages
Not much posts left but dont archive
Archive,archive

[chorus]

Bump up posts and type those
replies
And get ready to report,get it user
Go and post that like your based though
This posts made on bait so come at me bro
Look at me look at you
Take back this thread thats what im gonna do
Im anonymous baby what else is new
And the bans gonna tear right through you,bring it

CAUSE BABY TONIGHT
THE TRIPFAG ISNT ANONYMOUS
(Gather your (yous) yeah,lets take back this board)
Yeah baby tonight
Grab your trips,dubs and go
Take back your thread!

[chorus]

where's my Yea Forums the opera

Americans have a long and storied obsession with Hollywood and showtunes because the media pushed the idea that this form of entertainment is the highest form of art.

>Americans
obsessed

reatdr

We could do events that happended
Tf2 market crash
Smash roster fags/Steve posting
E3 collage

>Asking people to disqualify their songs

Attached: 1564399106119.jpg (200x200, 24K)

*snap*
Yep this one is disqualified

What im new to this what do you mean?

What a shitty song but on the brightside it can't be used now, thank god.

Why don't you write and sing your own fucking songs for once? At least that would require effort and talent.

Last year only the Atari "Game Tonight" is good.

What song?

But we do that...

AMAZING TIER
Anonymous

CANCER TIER
Everyone else

youtube.com/watch?v=iptUNUFdyas

What about "user"

Attached: 1550381051680.png (797x972, 532K)

Can i make a song about cumbrãiñs

We did this shit so sure
youtube.com/watch?v=ZWMun9Q4uRI

Considering Yea Forums - The Musical are the exact same kinds of faggots that made 900 different songs crying about SJWs, I guarantee you that you will not get a single singer willing to mock jizzheads.

>Yea Forums bitches about how /pol/ keeps bringing in reddit and normies
>keeps doing Yea Forums the musical and the/v/GAs

Attached: 1565413142636.jpg (1502x1080, 119K)

Songs posted outside of actual musical time are disqualified from getting into the musical.
I've only been a part of it for a couple of years, so I don't know the actual reason for the rule, but I'm assuming it's to stop people from copy-pasting someone else's lyrics or to keep the content fresh. Maybe a bit of both
Lamaj and Erioire, Comfy just off the top of my head.
since no one had claimed it at the time, I haven't actually checked in awhile, it was going to be Mannterrogation Song. SFM just doesn't agree with my shitty laptop and kept crashing.

>Implying 99% of this thread isn't cumcopters
You'll probably be reported for breaking the sanctity of the filler

I still don't even know what this meme is.

Its kinda sad how its gone full circle, before it was the musical being compared to failed projects like Anita's kickstarter and Yooka Layle, and now its the musical that is being used to compare.

R.eddit are the ones forcing this. Mods alkow it because they like to make this board more shit which is why the filter SemenSkulls.

And why should they?

Post your favorite.
youtube.com/watch?v=SuaW5IzbnUc

>**** 2b
Ahahha dude remember the ass game thats irrelevant now dude ASS lmao

>Mods allow it
Weren't they banished to /vg/ for most of last year by the mods?

Cringe as fuck.

Ah i forgot Yea Forums the musical is about crying about sjws and discord circlejerking not about v anymore

**** 2B deserved to lose just because of how irrelevant the topic was in 2018, while Devil Trigger was something that actually happened that year.

They are capricious

no

There'll be a happenings doc posted when the musical kicks off just like there was last year. I've been lazy as fuck for like 8 months and haven't kept it up to date as I meant to, but that'll be addressed by the kick-off.

That was year 5. Year 6 had its own issues.

Im sure we'll get a few songs about it.

link? Im not downloading the 25 GB DLC

Lets predict songs

Grotesque steve

Some dumb fuck will try to force a song that isnt vidya

Some song about pokemon dex cuts

Speaking of relevant and topical things, what are the most common shitposting buzzwords right now, aside from the filtered ones? Have an idea for a song and I might need a list to work off of.

GREAT TIER
Year 1
Year 5

GOOD TIER
Year 2
Year 3
Year 4

SHIT TIER
Year 6

DUHHHHH BASED
DUHHH CRINGE
ME BOOMER
ME ZOOMER
CRINGE BASED BASED BASED

A song about mommy's cummies

I feel like the memes and posting style have stagnated here over the past three years.

TF2 market crash
banjo

I remember someone wrote an entire musical play last year, we never did it.

reddit

leddit

>Implying the Musical was ever about anything other than that kind of faggotry
I'm pretty sure the first musical already had like 5 songs crying about SJWs lol
As I said, the musical was never good

will this be the year that all the bullshit in the threads finally kills the musical?

Metal gear solid, mega man, Loz. Anything based on sequalitis or the awesome series in genreal would be real good

He's been bad for years. What's so bad now?

Can't find a link for Part 2, but here's Part 1:
picosong.com/wLPyW/

>He doesn't even try to match up the syllables
>He leaves large sections of the original song intact, even if it causes the lyrics to not rhyme
>Doesn't even try to rhyme as all, just changes some words to be vidya related and calls it a day
What are some other musical sins that aren't against the rules, but are still terrible?

Attached: 1519798308207.png (308x249, 32K)

leaving parts of song intact isnt that bad if the end result is still funny/smart and it rhymes

I think the biggest sin is:
>Makes an unfunny song

>he doesn't put his written songs into the spreadsheet and gets mad when they're not sung

I can do everything but make it funny

Attached: 1563528567755.jpg (1024x512, 96K)

Speaking of which I found the Lana del Rey song that Femanon did last year but forgot to include in the spreadsheet so it got lost forever. I'll be adding it this year.

Musicals are fucking gay. Kill yourselves homos.

Then don't write, help in other ways.

I mean thats a bit.... ehh I dunno, its not that deep to hard lyrics for a song, we arent pros.

>he ignores new songs to post about drama

We all do it user

>thinking of songs to write
>can only cum up with gamer themed version of The Eve of the War (youtube.com/watch?v=6YwFvmnbj3E), which is about 85% narration and instrumental anyway
>isn't even vidya, really
definitely not cut out for this lyricism nonsense. have a bump because I liked the 4th and 5th ones

keep posting songs, user

obviously >gamer was the filter there, hence not vidya comment

Making it funny is about comedic timing. So, set-up into a punchline. A really good example of this is Ain't That A New Vegas Thread. A lot of the basis of parodying music, specifically is to setup expectations of the viewer. New Vegas Thread does this with the expectations of what a NV thread is, and a lot of people already know that. When you're writing a parody song, it's basically going to be around one core theme for that gag.

>Contents of a new vegas thread (Ain't that a New Vegas Thread)
>The industry being taken over by plebs (Tastes like a Plebiean)
>E-girls and how they work online (Boi)
>Something Awful and the reactions of the media to GG (10 Bux)

All of these are executing on a core premise, and have a few funny jokes inside of them based around that premise. To make a funny parody song, you really need a good fucking premise. Songs that have a bad premise are never funny, because half of parody is the PITCH. If you have a good idea for a song, make sure it's fucking funny, and not just 'lol 2B's hot' or 'man people sure do shitpost a lot on Yea Forums!'. That's all there really is to it.

This went way too long but I like talking about comedy, my bad dude.

Attached: anime girl is very pleased with the situation.jpg (372x451, 103K)

>wanted to sing for a song
>too scared to sing Yea Forums shit around my pc roommates

Attached: cryingmika.jpg (366x366, 62K)

>He posts his lyrics several times, gets told to improve them, and spergs out when nobody wants to sing their hackjob word salad lyrics

>He posts a WIP without ever dropping the full lyrics/song/video

>He says "I have a funny idea - Someone write about this!" more than once per week or so

>He doesn't sing because he thinks he "...wouldn't sound as good as everyone else uwu"

>He tells people they suck without giving them something they can improve upon

Attached: 1269555561510.png (100x108, 1K)

>user singing
>"SHUT THE FUCK UP" in the distance
is gonna be great, user

Attached: 1551921739937.jpg (1361x810, 121K)

>his musical name is the same name he uses on social media
It's not against the rules but only two people have done it and everybody hated them.

I agree a good premise is important.

Attached: 1543545313616.png (336x276, 96K)

mobilecameron actually came back a year or two later. He went compeletely user and only revealed himself on IRC. Kid grew up, and I respect it. Don't think Jebus ever will, though

>Not a single song from year 6 as an example
damn it really is the shittiest year

Not even his NG friends are willing to stick up for him anymore (mainly because he recently threw them all under the bus for good boy points)

Anyways, I was thinking of using No More Mr. Nice Guy by Alice Cooper as a base. Got some WIP lyrics too.

>He used to be such a hit on Yea Forums, before his Let’s Play show
>He made jokes we’d recite for ages, but that was long ago
>He got new friends that he met in Cali
>They didn’t like his scene
>They told the man “you’ve got potential”
>”But you should be PC”
>No more Egoraptor
>No more fans on Yea Forums
>No more Egoraptor
>Married to E.T.

>and not just "lol 2B's hot"

And yet that was our biggest song last year considering it got 2nd place at the Yea ForumsGAs

Lets say we do make a song about the e3 buckyfag drama,how would buckyfag react?

I wonder if anything ever came of that user who emailed Ashley Burch to try to get her to participate
user don't post your lyrics before musical time it disqualifies your song.

>that anime reaction pic

Oh fuck off Jebus

It was to try and have her reprise her role as Ms. Pauling for Manterrogation. Sadly, no dice

>come up with an idea for a parody
>find the perfect song
>no instrumental version

>only two people

Besides Jebus, two of the newfags we got last year did that shit and no one said anything

I knew the reason for it, I was just curious if they ever got a response of any kind

Sounds? So nice to have you back dude.

Whoops

Yep, been there...

depending on if there's any backing vocals, you can just remove the vocals with audacity and some other programs. It's not perfect, and it doesn't always work, but it can be done pretty well on some songs

Nah, there's some good stuff in there. It's just that the ending was such a shitshow that most people fucked straight off to not deal with the doxxing, and the constant shitposting, and the terrible organization of the albums. If you really want my year 6 songs for "good examples for parody":

>I'm an NPC
>Castle in Stormwind
>Feeder
>Argent Energy Refueled

The real issue is that going through year 6 is a massive fucking slog because there's SO MUCH music, and SO MUCH of it is sung by the same goddamn person. Jebus sounds fine, but he's on like half the fucking albums five times each. I listen to this stuff for Yea Forums the musical, not Jebus the one man show.

Attached: buy dva doritos.gif (400x400, 1.17M)

>I'm an NPC

thats an original song tho, so its not a parody.

Yeah it literally became DMCA Royale

the GOAT: youtube.com/watch?v=-7uNSGyM_aA

reddit

I'm sure Mario Royale's short life will spur a song or two.

masat01 from last year (my chemical romance and Johnathan Coulton covers), I'll be singing and drinking again

who?

If it is him I'll be surprised. I won't be shocked if half the namefags don't come back after last year's shitshow in the threads.

He said he would always return