What is the best Rainbow Road?

What is the best Rainbow Road?

Attached: 2d9c258ad023fce6b660fd6ba4f98ebc.png (768x432, 475K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mAEUdWpNI3s
youtube.com/watch?v=FuX5_OWObA0
youtube.com/watch?v=A-ASMWpeUfI
youtube.com/watch?v=shvbqQ-1vww
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

N64

GC & Super Circuit
Worst is 64 easily despite its iconic nature.

>Worst is 64
Nah, that honor would either go to Super Mario Kart or Double Dash. There’s nothing fun about narrow tracks with no sides, especially in games where heavies can toss around smaller characters like pillows.

Git gud

The best part of MK8 is drifting as close as you can to the inner ring of rainbow road

That's the point of Rainbow Road to me: It's supposed to be narrow, it's supposed to have no walls, it's supposed to be hard.

MK8 remake of SNES

I thought 7's was really neat.
Also like DD's. Basically any from DD onward would apply if you ask me.
64 is definitely completely boring though.

This'n right here.

Favorite track during Mario Kart night with friends.

you posted it. it's a shame MK8 completely fucking butchered it, music and all.

SMK: Boring, even for that game's standard
N64: Boring
SC: Meh, but fun shortcuts
DD: Alright, but not amazing
DS: Actually well designed and fun
Wii: Is actually hard and feels special
7: Looks like a custom track made by some 12 year old.
8: zzzzzzzz

DS by far. The loops were kickass. Super Circuit was also fun for the insane jumps.

The remake of 64 is nearly perfect, it either needs to be longer or be a 3 lap course instead of a marathon course.

SNES and DS are good too.

Best Rainbow Road is the original. Worst is the one from Mario Kart 64.

I used to play the snes one gba remake and loved it for the wonky music

No, 64 Rainbow Road was already way too fucking long. The remake gives it the only treatment it deserves.

fpbp

DS and 7 are my favorites

Wii is peak Rainbow Road design

Mario Kart 8 N64

youtube.com/watch?v=mAEUdWpNI3s

How exactly was it "butchered?

7 or wii but I might be biased due to playing a lot of mk7 in high school with my bros

Super Circuit without a contest.
Tough for beginners with some intricate turns & a great sense of speed throughout the track. Greatly enhanced by plenty of shortcuts to master & an unrivaled ability to cut through the track with shrooms. A blast to play.

Attached: rainbowroadSC.jpg (480x360, 16K)

DS is trash

the aesthetic is completely different, the music does not do the original justice, and it's way too short

I understand the old one was a bit too long, but they could have downscaled it a bit and still made it 3 laps

The "aesthetic" of being in a void with neon faces?

>the music does not do the original justice
Agreed, the N64's music shits on everything else.

DD
full of colours, difficulty and best song in the series

what did you just say?

Attached: 1555795746625.gif (278x288, 228K)

DS is trash

snakefags make it worse

64. Too long and boring? Sure. But it’s look, style and sound are just so bursting with charm that I think it still wins out. I still love riding along it and seeing the characters in the sky.

people like you are the biggest fucking losers on this site lmao
"the aesthetic of the original"
the original looks like that because of technical limitations and that they were not given enough time to make something better
mk8's version needed to be devoid of all detail, take place in a black area with pixels resembling constellations.

fuck outta here with that "soulless" bullshit when talking about fucking mario kart

>and it's way too short
Fucking this, they could've easily done 3 laps with how fast paced MK8 is, but they made it to 1 because of people constantly complaining.

MK8's versions of the SNES and N64.
The N64 one needs to be 3laps to be perfect.

This.

The original rainbow road on SNES was fucking brutal.

I didn't say "graphics" of the original, I said "aesthetic." I'm sorry you don't know what that means. If you can't tell the difference between the art direction and feel of MK64's Rainbow Road versus MK8, then no one can help you

>back in 2008
>playing online mario kart wii with friend
>kicks my ass on every single level but the SNES ghost house
Never understood it

FPBP

This.

Rainbow Road is the most overrated Mario Kart track type

I'd hand that title to Bowser's Castle.

Never really liked those courses.

the theme of n64's RR is "celebration"
mk8's rendition takes the originals theme and pushes it into maximum overdrive, creating what they most likely would have done if the technology was available at the time

you need the original designers behind RR to tell you this and even then you wouldn't believe them.

N64 RR's aesthetic was godly and like all remakes was completely ruined in 8.

The one that's called a road, that's called a rainbow road.
It is a road that you go.

(you)

This. Best music and atmosphere. It isn't a simple race you want to get over with, it feels more like the devs wanted to thank you for racing through the entire game. N64 also has the best credits sequence and ost of the series.

MKDS *looks* trash.
It's good everywhere else, except for the snaking.

I liked how N64's was just out in the middle of space with no visible planets or anything. I don't know why, I guess it felt more special as a final track that way.

>implying being in a void with neon faces isn't a neat aesthetic

Track: dunno
Music: N64 hands fucking DOWN

fpbp

>no one posted it
youtube.com/watch?v=FuX5_OWObA0

I remember playing and liking MK8 back on the Wii U

Does the Switch version add anything? I'd guess it'd have the DLC that I never bothered with at least but I mean besides that. Thinking of picking it up.

>I'll miss you again, Uncle

Attached: [VCB-S&philosophy-raws][K-ON!!][24][BDRIP][Hi10P FLAC][1920X1080].mkv_snapshot_16.52.png (1920x1080, 2.65M)

here's what it adds
>a couple new characters and vehicles
>Ultra mini-turbo, just a purple MT after the orange one that gives you a longer boost
>adds one or two new items I think?
>a much improved battle mode
>includes all the DLC

other oddities
>changes the balance and stats of all vehicles in the game, the best combos in the Wii U version are not necessarily the best anymore
>removed firehopping tech

They added double items, in case you weren't getting item raped enough in the WiiU version.
Also battle mode is ruined but they at least bothered with making arenas for it.

>a much improved battle mode
>Also battle mode is ruined

I'm getting mixed messages it was dogshit in the Wii U version anyway

F-Zero X

well, it is improved compared to the Wii U version, but it's still not that great compared to previous games. it's just okay.

I forgot about the double items thing. Yeah the item balance is already fucking awful in the Wii U version, so now that you can have two of them the items are even worse in Deluxe

7 > 64 > DD > Wii > SMK > 8 > SC > DS

What was wrong with DS' road?

What was wrong with the Wii U's version, out of curiosity? I didn't play that one.

Battle mode was good on the WiiU but it was ruined by the lack of arenas.
Battle mode on Switch is just a chaotic mess.
What makes people like MK7's Rainbow Road? It's easily the worst one in my opinion. It just feel like some one dumped in all the random assets they could find without any rhyme or reason.

WiiU battle mode didn’t have dedicated stages

Snes
youtube.com/watch?v=A-ASMWpeUfI

Attached: 1326287352852.png (500x375, 229K)

>Gameplay
SC > Wii > SNES (7 & 8) > MK7 > DD > SNES (Original) > DS > MK8 > 64 (MK8) > 64 (Original)
>Aesthetic
SNES (7 & 8) > 64 (Original) > 64 (MK8) > MK7 > Wii > SNES (Original) > DD > DS > SC > MK8
>Music
DD > 64 (Original) > 64 (MK8) > MK7 > SNES (Original) > Wii > DS > SNES (MK8) > MK8 > SC

kys cocksucker

7 Is the best track and has the best music(even if it's a remix of n64 rainbow road and the credit tmeme).

Attached: RainbowroadMK7.png (800x480, 687K)

Utter unremarkable. Feels like a knock off of DD

>What makes people like MK7's Rainbow Road? Rainbow Road should be the most ambitious track in the game and 7's was

I just popped in here to say that MK8 Rainbow Road is underrated. All the plebs got pissy, because it wasn't some huge spectacle. It doesn't have to overstate itself to be good.

Original N64 RR is my favorite though, because it really captures some special 90s vibe. The atmosphere and the music are spot on, and the colors are so vibrant and nice.

MK8's Rainbow road is bland and plays exactly like every other track in that game.

They didn't have time to make something better? Source: your ass, right?

Technical limitations is not an argument, you low IQ fucking nigger. It's possible to be limited technically, and work within those bounds to create something specific, and complete, and good. You are a bad faith actor anyway, and won't listen to reason, so just kys.

wii by far.

Attached: Rainbow_Road_Overview_-_Mario_Kart_Wii.png (1024x768, 1.1M)

I don't hate RACING on 8's Rainbow Road but it is pretty generic coming off 7. SNES and N64 RR had way more visual flair despite the latter being absolute shit to race on outside of 200cc

Of course we all know the real truth that old is good and new is bad.

I disagree. It's just not as spectacular as you expected, so you are harsh in judging it. How exactly does it play more similarly to other courses in MK8 than other RRs to the courses in their respective games? Don't bother answering that. I'll forgive you if you don't want to write an essay defending your bullshit, which is the least that would be required.

>you are now feeling manually
youtube.com/watch?v=shvbqQ-1vww

Attached: a139ba9e192f072f6b1573ba9a8c232d.jpg (789x789, 78K)

Also, not an argument. You just think you're intelligent because you are the contrarian contrarian right? Dumb fuck. Nothing you say has any basis in reality. Just some arbitrary shit you're pulling out of thin air. You might as well be slapping the keyboard with your fists.

It has been too long since I played most of the other RR, but I can say one thing for sure:
64 is fucking boring...
Until you play it in F-Zero X.

This stage simply showed how much of s fucking mess funky bike Wii's physics were. God that fucking start with anyone not a heavy is so damn stupid

Double Dash and DS

I think there's something to be appreciated in its subtlety that many overlook because it didn't meet their expectations. I too was expecting something explosive, but ultimately found that it was a refreshing change of pace, and justified in being so. It may have been less easy to see this, had they not included a remake of the classic N64 RR. Though I agree with the earlier user who said they didn't capture what made it special.