Shut it down! Shut it all down!

Shut it down! Shut it all down!

Attached: AEA1A14E-CFE8-475F-84A7-6CCB4E4CEDA1.jpg (1340x1439, 1.2M)

Other urls found in this thread:

allkeyshop.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Muh profit margins

>“It does appear that G2A is right,” Cleveland told Kotaku today, citing G2A’s denial that they were the source of $30,000 worth of charges tied to stolen keys for Natural Selection 2 in 2013. “They weren’t the source of these original $30k keys. It doesn’t LOOK like they were selling gray-market keys at the time we had all those chargebacks. But they’ve been doing it ever since.”

HAHAHAHAHA

>G2A IS EVIL
>why
>BECAUSE THE DEVELOPERS ARE AFFECTED
>what about the customer?
>FUCK YOU

what a fucking idiot. Why would you not at least fact check before you did something like call out a corporation saying they stole $300,000 from you? christ.

I want to smell Cecilia's feet

He made Natural Selection 2. He's clearly not very intelligent.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA I said it in the other thread when this first blew up, and I'll say it again. G2A BTFO shitter indie dev niggers is the best moment in gaming history in decades.

No you don’t

Man G2A have been handling this like champs. Unknown Worlds lucky they're only getting egg instead of a libel suit thrown in their face

>MURDER IS EVIL
>why
>BECAUSE THE MURDER VICTIMS ARE AFFECTED
>what about people aren't murder victims?
>FUCK YOU

Fair point. Why was ns2 so bad anyway? The optimization was bad enough for me to drop it after a very short period, but I never heard anyone mention anything about the game itself, was it just bland? Everyone I knew who bought ns2 ended up either going back to ns mod or just quitting entirely.

>first they try to get publicity with bullshit politics
>then they fuck up the sequel and try to get more publicity with even more bullshit politics but nobody gives a shit anymore
>now this
I hate these fucking niggers as much as I loved the first Subnautica.

>well our slanderous claims were false BUT WE'RE TOTALLY SURE G2A IS ACTUALLY DOING THE THING WE LIED ABOUT
amazing backpedaling

Attached: 1565887348564.png (1080x1920, 732K)

>SJW devs are niggers
Who would have thought.

>RESELLING REGION KEYS IS AKIN TO MURDER
>how?
>FUCK YOU

Whenever I want to blow a month on nothing I buy my WoW game time through G2A. In hopes Blizzard gets charged back for wasting my time with their shit game caused by shit hiring practices.

Attached: 4dd.jpg (373x388, 33K)

is key resale not a storefront problem? i feel like people buying keys in bulk with cards that don't have a failsafe like 2fa is an easy fix. why don't these devs get mad at storefronts for letting people buy thousands of keys with paypal or fishy credit cards? i'm also sure these key resellers would have a transaction history filled with chargebacks and giant key purchases etc, this is a very simple problem to solve if you're steam or gog or whatever. devs should be bitching at the storefronts, not g2a. they also shouldn't be distributing keys to random who people and take responsibility for their product. you literally cannot ever stop "grey market" key sales by attacking the marketplaces themselves, even if you did somehow manage to take down g2a you'd have notg2a pop right up in their place.

How can ''regional'' pricing actually make keys 90% cheaper though? Especially since there have been multiple sellers that sells 80+ keys at a time for 2-5 bucks a pop. The only way for them too actually turn a proper profit from these keys is to have bought them for no more than 1$ a code and where do they get upwards of 100 keys to sell anyway?

And does no one remember the enitre ''G2A Shield'' shitstorm?

this kind of shit is why i will never feel remorse when buying grey market keys for the majority of vidya

One solution I've seen touted is to stop generating keys. Storefront only allows you to instantaneously tie a purchase to your account. Can't have gray-market keys if keys are never generated or accepted.

>YOU MURDERED THIS GUY
>but I didn't and here's a solid alibi
>YEAH BUT YOU MIGHT HAVE MURDERED OTHER PEOPLE WE DON'T KNOW ABOUT FUCK YOU

Why are all leftist dipshit so stupid?

>Can't have gray-market keys if keys are never generated or accepted.
^This^

While I think G2A is scummy as fuck both towards their customers and developers, this is a really easy fucking fix. I guess the only reason as to why these indie devs have not done this yet is becuase they would lose out on some profit by having to give up 12%-45% of profit per sale.

How the fuck are re-sellable keys even a thing?

Why don't the devs restrict the games to the official storefronts only? Just force the customers buy directly from Steam and automatically link the purchase to their account. Maybe have a handful of keys for reviewers and such, but don't let them in the wild in bulk.

the smell of gibs in the air turns leftest into idiots who will lie to get compensated. No one should be surprised about this.

Yeah but then they'd miss out on all the profit they get from alternative websites and sale-poaching. They clearly know that sites like Humble Bundle and G2A are better for them overall, otherwise they would just stick to Steam - it's just a case of wanting to have their cake and eat it too

Serious question: why not just pirate those games instead? Paying for grey market keys is just giving money to the resellers without benefiting the ones behind the game in any way whatsoever, so why bother spending money at all when piracy would achieve the same effect?

>B-but they’ve been doing it ever since!

Attached: 1535309538948.gif (250x250, 69K)

multiplayer games.

Varies, but they usually come from promotional keys, games sold in impoverished countries without region locked servers, buying keys when they're on sale from different stores, etc. G2A has a history of people taking advantage of the marketplace system by doing dubious shit, but if you're not a complete brainlet you can report those sellers and avoid getting a revoked key. Because this happened before, the entire site is now shady and immoral.

I guess devs really aren't overstating their desire for people to pirate their game before you buy from G2A, but I still feel like they'd be better off with people scalping their games rather than having nobody buy them in the first place.

>without benefiting the ones behind the game in any way whatsoever
How exactly do you think grey markets get keys? Do you think they just fall from the sky? They generate counterfeit keys?

Because the devs wanted to make more money by not using the Steam storefront and instead use their own storefront which still involved keys redeemed on Steam.

The Devs were retarded and didn't think they should be left holding the bag for someone doing chargebacks on them and instead figured if the keys got sold elsewhere (without even proof it was sold there) that the other place should pay up for any money made.

>Pirate game
>If it isn't new have to dig for it and actually find a source that isn't full of malware dll's or a compromised executable
>If you want to play online have to dick around with more stuff and be stuck playing with the same half dozen slavs or south americans

>Buy grey market key
>Get full access to game without any workarounds and get to spite the devs as well
>Get full access to online

It's not a difficult thing to figure out

To harm entitled game devs.

You think the keys are magic? The PUBLISHERS/DEVELOPERS generated those keys, the PUBLISHERS/DEVELOPERS sold them for cheap or gave them away.
Why in the name of fuck would you be sorry for them if they are the source of the problem and then blame everyone else for it.

>All those keys were from the Humble Bundle

Uh oh

multiplayer

>THEY'VE STOLEN 300K FROM ME!
>Well okay, I admit they didn't actually steal anything BUT I'M STILL CERTAIN THAT THEY'RE THIEVES!
How is this not libel? If I were G2A I'd sue the pants off this retard.

>How can ''regional'' pricing actually make keys 90% cheaper though?
stop comparing full price with the price on these sites
compare the price with the lowest historical low from official store and you'll see that it doesn't go that much under that

>How the fuck are re-sellable keys even a thing?
Consumer rights exist. In most civilized countries, you have the right to resell just about anything you can buy.

A lot do. It's why the bundle had to change from .01 cent steam keys to $1 minimum. Also devs complained about humble bundle too, claiming it devalued their games.

>check game on steam
>$30, on sale from $45
>its 15 years old
>decide to check G2A
>roughly 300 keys available for $3
Gee, I wonder where I'm going to buy my game
Its almost like devs should try charging reasonable amounts, especially when they're selling a decade old game they acquired the rights to

Attached: image.png (112x112, 7K)

They operate in (what is in some countries) a legal grey area, so it's better for them to not draw too much legal attention to themselves. Winning a major lawsuit against a company with big media pull will fuck them in the long run if anyone from the Big Media Circlejerk makes a push for legislation as a result. Basically it means anyone can say anything about them and they can't do shit

I'll pay for G2A instead of pirating so that I'm sure my game's up to date.

>Consumer rights exist. In most civilized countries, you have the right to resell just about anything you can buy.
Except that doesn't really apply here. You can't generate a key from the Steam game you have bought to re-sell.

All the keys come from the devs themselves. If they didn't want keys of their games to be sold on places like G2A, then they shouldn't generate them and sell them through outside Steam trying to dodge the Valve cut.

factorio is now 35€ on g2a while its 25€ on stem
this drama did fix something

No hassle up to date games and multiplayer. Are you retarded? Was that really hard to figure out?

This is why I'm ok with using these sites for multiplayer only games and usually pirate the single player ones.
"modern" devs these days man.

I use this site instead of G2A to find the best prices for the keys.
cheapdigitaldownload.com/

Attached: 1561443033191.png (758x923, 592K)

I buy games exclusively on g2a to spite shitty developers. That's where i got subnautica for 3 dollars.

By that logic, I guess the used games market has no right to exist then. After all its just giving money back to the resellers.

>I was wrong/lying before
>But they’ve been doing it ever since, I swear!

They should take a leaf out of the American playbook, and sue him for defamation.

Hey Subnautica dev, thanks for admitting you were wrong. You now owe us $300,000 due to loss of revenue caused by your libellous claims, thanks.

I prefer cdkeys. Have had zero problems with them.

G2A's customer support is complete shit. I had to fight tooth and nail trying to get my money back when someone sold a key that was labeled wrong.

Multiplayer, steam mods, and access to updates.

why dont you just pirate you retard

I got soul calibur 6 on g2a and steam removed it from my library a while after. I messaged the seller and they gave me my money back without any further complications.
I guess it depends on the seller.

epic bro haha i'm so glad i got to read these words a second time please continue posting more quality content

Every key reseller I always pay through Paypal so I know I can fight it if shit goes south.

Only key I ever purchased that got removed from my account was HOI4 and Kinguin instantly replaced it for me.

at least it wasn't a food analogy

The Factorio devs are smart enough to not sell their game for $5.00 and get mad that scalpers bought it while cheap en masse and no one is buying it at full price anymore.

>without benefiting the ones behind the game in any way whatsoever
retard

>t. UW employee
Charlie, is that you?

Updates. Ability to dab on other customers on Galaxy/Origin/Steam when complaining about the game.

quick rundown for a brainlet?

Why don't you pirate your food, user? You can copy meat instead of paying for the murder of new meat.

UW accused G2A of lost profits due to their key reselling back in 2013 only for them to snap back at them stating that they didn't even exist back then

the wall she has hit

>g2a is garbage because keys are bought with stolen cards and sold there, costing us a lot of money in chargebacks
>whoops the 300k in chargebacks costs arent actually related to g2a at all my B
t. Shit dev

Hour later but I can explain.
NS2 had some really neat features, I didn't play NS1 but from my perspective the command positions was quite nice, intuitive and fun. However the core gameplay, shooting from marines, aiming, pretty much everything revolving around actually playing the game was either bland or insipid. It wasn't responsive and the hitboxes are so awful that the aliens had an advantage merely by existing. It boiled down to the Marine Commander spamming medkits on their units to make up for this. Meanwhile if the Aliens let the Marines get to the point of having shotguns/flamethrowers+jetpacks then they automatically won almost. Aliens had early game advantage and on an equal playing field they would win 100%. The marines, however, if going against a group SLIGHTLY worse than them would completely and utterly stomp use they got to previous stated weapons+utility.

Why do you people hate the developers of the videogames you enjoy?

>devs generate keys and then give them away or sell them for cheap in bulks in bundles
>people start reselling those keys through various sites like G2A
>devs reeeee like mad because they didn't think things through
>they make up a lie about all the keys being bought with stolen credit cards, blame G2A for being the middleman
>G2A gets tired of all the slander/libel and says they will pay 10x the value of the keys if devs will prove that they were bought with stolen credit cards
>G2A offers to pay for an independent auditing company to do audits at both the devs and G2A to prove that, all the devs have to do is ask
>devs proceed to reee, cry, lie and double down HARD while none of them take the deal for an audit

And then the OP thing happens where they blame G2A for selling fraudulent keys at a time when G2A didn't even exist and when caught in the lie they double down again.

>The web archives are not the only source indicating that G2A Marketplace was founded prior to 2014, however. G2A's own Support Hub includes a paragraph that explicitly says the Marketplace launched in 2013, and by the end of the year had sold well over 100,000 keys.

Who's lying?

Why do they hate us? We literally pay their bills.

What you're describing is exactly how NS1 played out and the game's design in general; asymmetric advantages

Whoever you got that quote from is lying by omission. The Marketplace started in DECEMBER 2013 while the Subnautica dev chargeback thing happened in MARCH 2013.

So yeah, it's technically true that it existed in 2013 but the Subnautica dev is still in the wrong.

I suppose it was due to the simply being more of the same but in a worse way for the NS vets? The hitboxes on both sides were actually just really bad, there's visuals of them out there somewhere. The game was buggy and had glaring issues in that regard which they refused to fix until... actually just recently. Couple months ago? Mayhaps that could've resulted in the rapid decline of players while NS vets stayed on an already established game.

>dev makes a bunch of keys because they have the power to do so on steam
>marks game at a high price on steam
>puts on g2a for the real price
>get to play victim and still make profit

Storefronts like g2a make their money by taking the blame for other scumbags.

I don't understand how some of these devs/publishers on Steam don't understand basic economics. Not many people are gonna buy a 7-year-old COD game for $60.

Welp, fuck these guys, I'll be sure to pirate the rest of their games or get them on gray keysites.
I almost feel bad that I've got like 850 hours in NS2.

Not if you're buying gray market keys you don't

I have a fairly small youtube channel, about 50k subscribers, and I get at least 8 keys a month from indie devs who want me to play their game for a video. I always just throw the key on g2a.

Based as shit. Nice job not getting blacklisted. Do you get them pre-release?

NOOO STOP RESELLING MY KEYS
MOVING TO CALIFORNIA WAS EXPENSIVE

Attached: fuck bernie.gif (994x311, 414K)

there's no "grey market" keys, keys are impossible to manufacture. only the publisher can create them.

Because they're entitled.
Game devs think they deserve my money because they made something, it'd be like me thinking I deserve money because I wrote a story.

G2A often has better sales than steam and the other store fronts. I never feel bad about buying from them, it's like buying a pre-owned game at GameStop. The dev got its money, I don't care about their fee fees. They should pass on the savings from not creating a physical product onto the consumer or at the very least, not try to milk us with their stupid games as a service mindset.

Isn't this liable for defamation lawsuit?

And then they receive chargebacks which nullify any profits gained while the reseller continues to profit

...they have betters sales because they're receiving these keys through nefarious means. That's like saying that you can buy a cheaper copy of a game from the guy who just robbed the Gamestop than from the store itself

only 1 out of 10000 keys gets chargebacked

BASED
You mean I get to harm the industry AND save money?
Sign me the fuck up.

The devs can easily deactivate chargebacked keys.

I am 95% certain Goys2Adults are up to some shady shit but watching devcucks reee is fucking amazing.

That's entirely on G2A which is why they paid $30K back but now they probably have a new system in place that holds their money like Nintendo does with the bank so if you do commit a chargeback it will take 2weeks to review the case.

Not all of them though. People used to dump their humble bundle keys there. I'm willing to believe that charge backs against the devs don't happen nearly as often or several of them would have come forward and sue G2A already.

Everything to come out about this dev just makes him look like a complete fucking tool. I'm not surprised he completely deflected his nice little piece of libel to continue riding that G2A hate bandwagon.

Just look at all the unwarranted media attention that this is getting, if they actually go through with a major lawsuit then Big Media would just push for legislation to get them shut down.

No i mean against Unknown worlds dev, he obviously made an incorrect statement and then tried to double down.

I don't think their chink owner Perfect world is gonna save them, maybe settle out of court.

so is G2A still the cheapest source for cd keys?

Subnautica devs are on par with Fallout76 when it comes to embarrassment.

allkeyshop.com

Are you familiar with the concept of wholesale?

nice

>have two-for-one McChicken coupon
>don't actually want the second McChicken but take it anyway
>sell the second McChicken to someone else for less then retail price
>Ronald McDonald reeees on twitter

See They COULD, but then they'd just bring down a lot of attention on themselves

who cares about those trannies, dying media means nothing for G2A. They can simply change their name and make a new key site.

I get literally every benefits of a legit key like auto updates and multiplayer, no need for crack, only for much much cheaper.

Read it dude

I'm gonna start buying from G2A instead of pirating to truly spite devs from now on.

Attached: Elijot.jpg (360x433, 33K)

Factorio doesn't do sales or bundles (or regional pricing AFAIK), so there are no real ways to get keys cheaper than normal. If anything, the fact that G2A doesn't just magically produce $5 Factorio keys is proof that they don't sell illegal keys, they just buy them from cheap (legal) sources. If there are no cheap sources, they don't sell cheap keys. Simple as that.

>Also devs complained about humble bundle too, claiming it devalued their games.
But the games can't be on humble bundle at all without them giving the ok, what ther fuck are they complaining about.

>legislation to get them shut down
>shutting down polish company with office in china
lmao if anything Polish prime minister would congratulate them for abusing and fucking over dumb westerners.

who is the guy in your pic?

That's retarded. You're retarded.

If they could touch G2A legally, whether directly or indirectly, they would've already done it a long time ago. The fact is that G2A has done nothing wrong so all they can do is tell lies and play the victim for sympathy.

Subnautica is fucking awesome though.

Gigachad

Indie devs are all such obnoxious cunts these days

The supreme gentleman.

Supreme Gentleman

Oh NO NO NO

Attached: Screenshot_20190815-140634.png (1080x2160, 390K)

The moral of the story is this. G2A is a piece of shit. But don't forget that developers and especially publishers are also a huge pile of shit. Also don't forget that video games are over priced. And for the majority of the garbage that is being released is not worth the asking price. As a consumer you have the choice to look out for your interest and get the best price possible. You're not doing anything illegal by buying key so they can go fuck themselves.

It's usually actual indies and if they're kind enough to correspond with me before they just dump a key saying "We expect a review and you to say you love it and also these talking points" I respond in kind, i've even played a few games that way.
But like 99% of the time they're smarmy fucking cunts who act like I owe them a review/video because they gave me a key, and when I tell them to fuck off they just don't respond again. There's no shortage of indie devs out there, so if someone tried blacklisting me, that'd only be their loss. I'm also not big enough to be getting shit from real publishers like devolver or whatever, so i'm in that nice middle ground. If I continued being an asshole I'd probably ensure they never give me one.
But I also haven't ever wanted anything devolver shat out so I don't know if that's a bad thing.

It started amazing, but it quickly falls apart by the time you reach mid-game. It's painfully clear where they just gave up on it.

Do people actually give a shit about developers? Why? They certainly don't care for you. I never understood why people get all prissy about jey seller sites, who gives a fuck about devs, they make enough money.

Literally who cares.

>doesn't want Metal Wolf Chaos
Great that you're in a comfy spot. Congrats on the channel
In the back of everyone's mind, it's all about getting more games from them

>Shut it down! Shut it all down!
What are you even memeing about? Dude made a mistake and apologized

G2A couldve ruined them all if they werent retarded with their bribery attempt.
So close to getting shit done.

Yeah right before they become unable to operate in America and lose most of their business

I played metal wolf chaos about 10 years ago now, got a copy at a swap, the guy thought it was steel battalion for some reason. Enjoyable as it was I feel no drive to buy it again. And thanks, the channel's hardly a success, if anyone ever bothered to look at my videos barely scraping 1000 views per on day 1 they'd probably stop bothering to send me shit. But I'll abuse it while I can. I make almost as much money selling keys as I do ad revenue, lel.

I'ts only bullshit politics when you don't like it

>In the back of everyone's mind, it's all about getting more games from them
You mean that is why people want to support them? I could not care less if any dev team who made a game I enjoyed shuts down, I will just find something else to play there will always be something else.

>blocking a website in america
Land of free am i right, literally worse than chinks.

Where the fuck do I fine cave sulfur? Where all the caves at?

Right here
unzips dick

>yea you can fuck my wife as long it owns THEM heh
what the fuck happened to my Yea Forums

BASED AF G2A
Will buy more games from then now.