What the fuck?

I thought this was a horror game? I just finished it and my eyes are full of tears, this was so sad than scary

Attached: Silent_Hill_2.jpg (263x379, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/W6zwQPKpa9Y
youtu.be/0lhy9QnBHmo
mega.nz/#!bVUCTJzD!PmnPw4S7fWGyvTjw9S0-RQdk7rRp2BQNuXJqRkZCZvk
mega.nz/#!rFcj1SIJ!47JH9M4OrzmQKuaiJ6IqUgmgz_SVNtk4LIYNSa-D-_8
mega.nz/#!bYcEnbhC!rYnhvcJiRC46T6yExS0Y61JHZ-5N3WxFvfZMI8xbyhE
widescreenfix.townofsilenthill.com/SH2/
youtu.be/fFVwI487ORo
mega.nz/#!2JNkgJ7b!nfPf5cIs6I5K-sdAs7RcnHvGA2hAvIGdpQuIoBhF3iE
mega.nz/#!GVVGRLpD!SyklVbuLIkc38ZYji5QL3sWHKtHt9-Bto700My8pH7c
mega.nz/#!Us1XTaII!cglH0dZOaH5yQEm4cnEh3eyUz4bIf6rACQqcVzkb4Hc
pastebin.com/6B3qZs4S
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That's what makes it kino

lmaoing @ u

why?

"Yeah Silent Hill is my jam. How did you know?"

Attached: soybook.jpg (852x356, 65K)

You're like 20 years late to the party, but congraz for playing one of the true GOATs.
I sure hope you beat SH1 before hand?

The letter reading got to me too. Like the other poster said, I hope you played SH1 first too, the ending of 1 does the same to me.

It's a father chasing after his lost daughter, what did you expect?

>Thank you daddy... Goodbye.

That's SH1

Attached: Alice-in-Wonderland-classic-disney-cartoon-wallpaper-e1464024454925[1].jpg (1000x625, 93K)

The letter reading at the end is the best voice acted thing in the history of video games

also the town made him stupid

it's not

The first one I played was SH4,too scary for a 12yo desu,couldnt play for long.

I found SH1 to be much sadder unless you get Good+

>tfw we'll probably never see a horror library as strong as the sixth gen's again

I'm tired of most current remakes/sequels/reboots but I'm actually looking forward to VR improvements. I don't know how it would work with a third person game but playing the early SH games in VR would be fantastic.

He's got a "new" baby and Cybil is pretty hot, but that doesn't change the fact that the kid he raised for seven years is just fucking gone.

>I just wanted my life back
>then James, why do you look so sad?
This destroys me

Mary's VA has some of the most phenomenal scenes in vidya, she really should have done more work in the industry.
youtu.be/W6zwQPKpa9Y
>Please James...
>Tell me I'll be okay

Attached: silent-hill-2.jpg (825x464, 33K)

youtu.be/0lhy9QnBHmo

Attached: 1565816816167.png (432x432, 200K)

>tfw "people" on Yea Forums used to shill him

Attached: 1546650144697.jpg (1024x576, 36K)

>he's so flustered he can't even form a coherent sentence
I get not liking the game, but maybe let your take cool off until you're capable of speech.

Or don't start jumping into criticisms when you don't understand the major plot points and themes

this autist will never let go of this. he goes beyond ape shit when called out

Surprisingly, his discord is even more autistic than him.
Unsurprisingly, it being the hugbox that it was for a bunch of trannys and unironically mental people caused it to collapse and get shut down.

>he died because I hit him with a sword, bro

Attached: 1555361333750.jpg (634x949, 123K)

It's more of a psychological thriller HEAVILY influenced by the film Jacob's Ladder.

You experience the surreal world of Silent Hill through the actions and emotions of a depressed, suicidal man.

What is it with trannies and discord?

I sort of suspected this guy had aspergers but this totally confirms it. He should be building model airplanes not commenting on media

might as well have watched it on youtube because the gameplay is ass

if you want a proper action horror game try Shadowman.

I dont know about you but the prison section go to me man. Pure fucking nightmare fuel. Had to put down the controller and wind down hard

its kinda weird how one half of the people think the voice acting is bad, while the other think its good. And both citing that the fact that they got first time actors was the cause

who is this guy supposed to be?

That's because the voice acting is uneven. Some actors are more talented than others.

I think it has more to do with the fact that the scenes are actually acted out much like in modern mocap games instead of VAs reading their lines in separate rooms while default animations on character models build the scenes.

its more like
>person a: wow this voiceacting is really amazing, the spotty work makes the whole game feel surreal and the weird display of emotion makes them seem confused and disconnected
>person b: the voiceacting is spotty and a bit hammy,

The sewers did that to me in 3. I guess it doesn't help that sewers unnerve me in the first place

but its supposed to be ass. It makes you feel weak, and you wonder whether to run away, try to run past the enemy, put yourself in danger for melee, or spend some precious ammo taking them out. the limited resources forces you to investigate every nook and cranny, opening you up for more scares and forcing you to stay longer in dangerous and scary places.

Like the gallows part, its really unnerving and it cost me a lot of mental energy to dare and move through te darkness and look at every corner to see if there are some goodies there when really I wanted to get the fuck back.

yeah it's the best type of horror, hellish sorrow

what ending you got OP

I can’t think of anything more cocked than being Harry Mason. Think about it logically.

SH voice actors, ranked:
Great tier: Mary/Maria, Heather
Good tier: Lisa, Cybil, Kaufmann, Eddie, Laura, Vincent, Leonard, Eileen, Cynthia, little Walter, big Walter, Richard
Too few lines to tell tier: Alessa/Cheryl, Andrew
Questionable directing choices tier: Jasper, Joseph
Unironically recording from his deathbed tier: Douglas
Arguably underacted tier: James, Frank
Chewing up the scenery tier: Dahlia, Angela, Claudia
Underacted tier: Harry
Obviously just some guy they picked up from the street tier: Earnest
Extremely underacted tier: Henry

SH1's sewers are way "worse".
I know no other as terrifying place in vidya.

Mary Elizabeth Mcglynn is such a great VA, too bad she is a bitch.

What, how? I met her in Moscow and she seemed pretty cool.

Maybe so, but I thought that Monica did a better job as Mary/Maria. Then again, Baker is normally good too, but he ended up sounding very... off in the HD collection. Like he was playing this gruff antihero instead of a socially awkward beta, so it could be that the directing was to blame.

recently I've been trying to obtain a [legal] copy of the game that isnt shit or buggy. Any recommendations?

Attached: 1563246099893.jpg (640x764, 67K)

Ebay?

the [legal] part was sarcasm

Either way, the PC port is just naturally buggy. The most notable and annoying being the sound looping that sometimes happens if you skip a cutscene.

SH1 NTSC DDL:
mega.nz/#!bVUCTJzD!PmnPw4S7fWGyvTjw9S0-RQdk7rRp2BQNuXJqRkZCZvk

SH2 DDL:
mega.nz/#!rFcj1SIJ!47JH9M4OrzmQKuaiJ6IqUgmgz_SVNtk4LIYNSa-D-_8

SH2 torrent:
mega.nz/#!bYcEnbhC!rYnhvcJiRC46T6yExS0Y61JHZ-5N3WxFvfZMI8xbyhE

>SH2 PC fixes site:
widescreenfix.townofsilenthill.com/SH2/
>tl;dr how to install this shit video tutorial + bare essentials pack:
youtu.be/fFVwI487ORo

SH3 DDL:
mega.nz/#!2JNkgJ7b!nfPf5cIs6I5K-sdAs7RcnHvGA2hAvIGdpQuIoBhF3iE

SH3 torrent:
mega.nz/#!GVVGRLpD!SyklVbuLIkc38ZYji5QL3sWHKtHt9-Bto700My8pH7c

SH4 DDL:
mega.nz/#!Us1XTaII!cglH0dZOaH5yQEm4cnEh3eyUz4bIf6rACQqcVzkb4Hc

Mount the ISOs of 2 & 3, and then run their installers like always.
DON'T use W10's own virtual disc app! Don't install under C:\Program Files\ !
The SH1 is a PS1 rip that you gotta emulate.

All the info & links you'll ever need:
pastebin.com/6B3qZs4S

Follow the SH2 widescreen fix site's instructions to the teeth, and you should be fine.
For 3 & 4, check the Guide.

>Protips:
Play the games in release order, and don't play on Easy mode.
Multiple playthroughs per game is very recommended.
Lower the in-game Brightness, crank up volume.
Turning OFF flashlight helps a ton!

Are you living in the 2007? That jazz's been fixed already a decade ago.

Attached: SH PC Guide MAY 2019 v2,3.png (1281x5183, 1.92M)

>even included SH3
absolutely based

>even included SH3
?
Why wouldn't I ? It's been a stock part of the pasta for years, and a great game.

Attached: this is a PS2 game.jpg (1478x872, 682K)

>16 years and still almost no Douglas rule 34
What a fucking travesty.

I wouldn't even say the gameplay is bad, just somewhat uninteresting, which is hardly a complaint when the game doesn't intend to be an action-packed thrill ride. People who bitch about this or RE have no idea how shitty combat mechanics could get with games like Siren or Rule of Rose.

There's nothing "ass" about SH1-3's gameplay.
>recommends shadow man
shit, I fell for a cheap b8.

Siren's gameplay is bad, but RoR is on another plane of jankness. It's almost not worth it.

rule of rose cucks only get off to its being extra niche and now being super rare and expensive

I tried out SH2 for PC using the guide. Frankly looks like shit. I honestly think the ps2 version might still look better. PC version looks like it might be missing some special effects.

B A S E D

You did not follow the guide correctly then. It looked amazing on my shitty nvidia gts250

>Dahlia and Claudia that low
You don't like Gyromancy?
Also, Angela is good because she's supposed to sound stilted since she's an abuse victim that probably got a dick up the ass from her dad and brother at the same time.

Honestly I thought she was amazing in her "For me it's always like this" scene

Did you check that you got all the effects ENABLED in the options?
And that you installed all things right?

Attached: sh2 PC 60fps heaven's night club.webm (960x540, 2.84M)