What went wrong ?

What went wrong ?

Attached: 539.jpg (474x670, 53K)

Nothing.

It wasn't a carbon copy of the previous so fanboys threw a fit.

Not much. Overall it's still the best Souls game.

A whole lot of things like Soul Memory
But theres a lot of things it did right too like powerstancing

The tech was a little crappy, combat was slightly floaty, and they didnt put any effort into making the areas mesh together. Other than that its a solid game. Every time someone asks about it i always say the same thing, its the worst of the souls games, but still worth playing.

If you ignore how levels dont connect very well, the areas in this game are (mostly) all fantastic. I cant think of a single area that was badly designed, and the amount of different weapons and weapon types, along with powerstancing and the sheer amount of armor available was just great. Really felt bad when you get to bloodborne and you only have access to like 5 weapons until the end of the game

Nothing, it was fun.

This

Hitboxes.

>accept that it's the worst game in the series
>still enjoy it much more than any other game in the series
I don't understand how the fuck a game THIS flawed can be more fun than a well done game like DS 1 or 3

i don't hate the game and i agree it's at least good. but i disagree with
>the areas in this game are (mostly) all fantastic
most areas are linear combat gauntlets. linearity's not the issue, the problem is that the combat in these games is not interesting enough to warrant such emphasis on it. they shafted exploration hard and that was the whole point. i did not play the dlcs though so maybe there are better designed areas in there. it was a huge disappointment for me, but i can see why some people would enjoy it.

Downgrade, and no sense of direction.

It's the highest rated Dark Souls game. Seethe harder.

I can see the reasoning behind disliking soul memory, but is it really better to be invaded while at level 8 by a level 150 min-maxed super character with all spells, weapons, armors, items, and healing?

Fair enough, though ive played the DLCs and the levels in them are a little better, but still not what youre looking for, at least it became a lot better in DS3, which im now itching to play through again. If you havnt played both DLC for DS3, go get them now. The Ringed City in particular is amazing, and has the final fight, probably my favourite boss in the entire series

Yeah thats true, i still dont fully understand how the matchmaking in any of the games works desu

>They shafted exploration hard
In what way? Every area has TONS of secrets, nooks and crannies, and optional sub-areas. None are combat gauntlets.

source?

Wait, it is? Where you seeing this info? There's no way its rated higher than 3 (DS1 will be downvoted to hell by contrarians)

>Combat wasn't as tight, bad hit boxes etc
>lifegems .... grass was terrible in demon's why bring it back
>world design in 1 set a very high bar, way worse here
>enemy placement. They fell for their own prepare to die meme.
>enemy variety. Humanoids in suits of armour.
>They tried to implement some esports pvp shit. PvP in the first one was only good when you were screwing over a newfag.
>Soul Memory
>Shit bosses like covetous demon
>You'll die over and over and over meme

Looks and controls like absolute shit. Fuck ADP, and fuck Soul Memory.

It just feels like they wanted to do too much, if they put more resources into polishing the game with the same content they released it with then it'd be a lot better.

What made it suck in some aspects is that they wanted to implement a pretty good lighting mechanic as an integral part of the game but that was too hard and they wasted too much time on that.

And i guess you could say that they preferred quantity over quality too.