It's been a year and a half now since pic related was released but somehow it's still the best medieval RPG you could...

It's been a year and a half now since pic related was released but somehow it's still the best medieval RPG you could play right now. Have we reached the peak of the genre?

Attached: 20180207135722_scdk.jpg (500x700, 238K)

How's performance on PC?

I have a 1070 and an i5-9400h and i can play ultra without ever dipping below 60fps

>Have we reached the peak of the genre?
Yes but that's only becase nobody's even trying anymore.

>fetch quests designed around using gps
>non sword weapons have shit movesets
>you become a walking tank once you have plate armour
>high level combat are just parry fests
it was fun for a while but has many big issues

i doubt that

Darklands is the best medieval rpg you retarded zoom zoom

Fucking bullshit, I got a 1080 and ryzen 7 and this game dips hard in Rattay square. Unless you reduced certain settings this game is never running 60fps constantly.

Which Ryzen 7?

2700x

No wonder then.

Cringe

They should have taken the map and made literally any other game with it.

>medieval rpg
Literally not a genre.

Attached: thinking.png (1095x437, 167K)

How do you get it to do that? I've got an i7-8700 and 1070, and I dip to 30-40 FPS all the fucking time whether I'm on ultra or lowest settings. I just assumed the game was unoptimized as fuck.

>he doesn't know real world performance is not necessarily equal to test performance
You made your decision strictly based on cores and clockspeed, didn't you?

>without ever dipping below 60fps
Bullshit. I ran the game on a 1660ti at ~70fps for almost the entire game, except the part where Henry joins the monastery; that entire section (and only that section) ran at like 20fps.

Last night I sat on my own in my house and turned on KCD.
I went to the tavern/inn just outside the first main city and sat down. Around me was a beautiful village with all the people going about their way.
Barmaid drops some free chicken legs in front of me as I'm gazing and drinking.
I open some beers IRL
>tfw I sat with NPC friends in a medieval pub in a game and got drunk IRL and it was one of the best nights I've had for years

Attached: Cool-Starry-Bra[1].jpg (525x385, 52K)

Literally the only game I've played 17 hours straight in the last 8 years

Don't trust the cunt. It stutters like hell on any PC and requires a separate app to prevent overloading core 0. And it performs like shit regardless of settings.

Hardcore difficulty is fun until you reach fights against heavy armor that LITERALLY take 5+ minutes of exchanging swings. Just check tournament duels on youtube or the final fight.

It is the comfiest game I have ever played

Maybe they will push it further with Kingdom Come 2 in Germany.

Lockpick fag here. How the hell do i get everything and not be encumbered all the time?

Get a horse.

Well, what weapons do you guys main?
I use mace + shield because fuck plate armor

>still the best medieval RPG you could play right now

not really, mount and blade exist, even if bannerlord doesn't

Fucking liar cunt, I have a toaster and shit runs well.

It only stutters in the castle siege.

Mount and Blade lacks too much interaction and plot to be compared to Kingdom Come.
Longsword, I love combo and the reach.

Bad on release, good now.

>it's still the best medieval RPG

It's the ONLY medieval RPG.

Pro-tip: D&D/LOTR are from the 1960s. They have NOTHING to do with anything "medieval".

There is SOME historical RPG i.e. Darklands, also in based Holy Roman Empire.

Darklands has mystical and folklore elements but it's really great. I recommend it to anyone interested in medieval games even if there's saints and wyrms.

the game has dungeons? I doubt it.

>Play Hardcore on first try
>Enjoy it alot

But its fucking annoying I cant see myself on the map, I rode past 4 towns before I find the quest. The cities are completly dull and mostly unmemorable, I barely know the name of any of them, and I played 50+ hours or something

commit some crimes and let me know where you end up