Which mmorpg do you miss the most?

which mmorpg do you miss the most?

Attached: 15977889_1222119797857890_6757385031009234043_n.jpg (960x642, 61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4yUNFwgxNpk
youtube.com/watch?v=vEbwoo3lLwQ&list=PL1D8D8720FC337B61&index=14
youtube.com/watch?v=bKJSC_mteIg
youtu.be/2EsE4z9mjyg
youtube.com/watch?v=o77BL-hCHxA
youtube.com/watch?v=9JnH4M8mlZA
youtube.com/watch?v=KgBZ_X2_h9A
youtube.com/watch?v=_Mc0OSVrhoE
bloomberg.com/quote/263750:KS
ragna0.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=qQ-E_mZca9M
youtube.com/watch?v=Qo7T1rWoaEc&list=PLw34GTe_CUOQo90UdHOZ4-vM9DcdnHHJr&index=24
youtube.com/watch?v=BiuRomjDnTI&list=PLw34GTe_CUOQo90UdHOZ4-vM9DcdnHHJr&index=8
youtu.be/Rmdr-xVZmHk
youtu.be/4QfDFTHpUaU
youtu.be/g4TSeqPtqp8
youtube.com/watch?v=7_NskuAc7-I
youtube.com/watch?v=akd-3VcxhVI
clees.me/guides/ucob/
youtube.com/watch?v=2sW_yhyY-aY
youtube.com/watch?v=njkKWdB1lQY
youtube.com/watch?v=n7VAhzPcZ-s
youtu.be/tOi-vlzRHEw
ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Summerfest_2004
youtube.com/watch?v=kq-c4M7lbnE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

MapleStory from about 2005-2008 at the latest. Anything past that is for fucking retarded niggers.

>mmo
>on a disk

RuneScape, RIP 2005-2013

Mmorpgs are the ultimate incelcore games with shitty UIs and no gameplay at all

Ascalon city... Home...

Attached: pre searing.jpg (950x633, 137K)

guild wars 1, that was when i had no worries in life, the teenage years were the best shit ever
zoom zoom

Flyff. I really played for too long. For me it was like .hack //

Attached: 2zhm55l.jpg (639x433, 26K)

Miss? None
Ultima Online was the most fun I've had with video games, but I'll keep the games as memories.

I loved this CD so much

Attached: 67c28c0f-f04c-4bfb-8e9d-5ab4c0352a89.jpg (900x1600, 285K)

Mystic Realms of Alhanzar
And it seems someone else with based tastes >413421124 shared this opinion a year ago.

Flyff
I got my copy of Ragnarok and Grand chase from a disk you underage 3 y/o faggot.

Attached: 1551625452881.jpg (480x360, 9K)

im not 3

RO but the first mobile one (with touchscreen), closed last year.

youtube.com/watch?v=4yUNFwgxNpk

Attached: 2ac19c1d-f6ad-4dab-a821-838a7f01a82f.jpg (1600x960, 235K)

Bitter boomer loser, lmao

I'm gonna fuck your ass

FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU

Attached: 1504205018832.jpg (700x700, 53K)

I liked how the party system just encouraged you to group up with people and avoid everyone but your partner, seemed like it encouraged talking to people more somehow. Or maybe I was just so bored grinding the same mobs for hours and hours on end.
Loved that shit.

Is it completey dead now? No way to go back?

Firefall
>we live in a world where mabinogi is still up and running

Toontown Online

>8 years later
How old is this image?

Whatever you say incel boomer

Guild Wars. It was ahead of its time but it has no modern equivalent, feels bad man.

come with me in the forbidden Room bro! blu dragons waiting us!

Attached: fdvoy9.jpg (344x347, 9K)

Beta vanilla wow. Not knowing what the fuck you were doing and playing with irl friends, most of whom I haven't seen for years.

>smell freshly cut grass in the spring
>my mind is sent back to the Karanas
I want free from this prison.
youtube.com/watch?v=vEbwoo3lLwQ&list=PL1D8D8720FC337B61&index=14

Attached: everquest.jpg (800x579, 97K)

youtube.com/watch?v=bKJSC_mteIg

i dont know, i play from 2005 to 2013.

Attached: 1sh8qx.jpg (1008x732, 85K)

It ran on win98? Damn.

>Early AION
>Vindictus
>Metin 2

Attached: 1564965343458.jpg (216x216, 14K)

Ultima Online. Had a great time, met a lot of friends who later became real life friends between 1998 and 2004.

Why isn't there guild wars private server?

it's vanilla WoW for me
and even I think you're stupid zoomer and/or baiting faggot

S W G
W
G

Vanilla RIFT, before Trion fucked everything up, was the most fun I probably ever had with an MMO

Attached: rift_ce_1.jpg (800x1144, 184K)

Vanilla Rift

Retardation on a whole nother level

based ascendants

Easy. OG SWG. Any other answer is objectively wrong and is some faggot who never played it.

It's not needed since the GW servers are still online.

I equally miss Phantasy Star Online, FFXI, Lord of the Rings Online, Ragnarok Online, Lineage 2 and Star Wars Galaxies at their peaks.

I loved ragnorok because of the element system. The weakness system. The hidden area's. Having good drops even for low lvl creatures. Being able to stat yourself for builds. God it was so free. Watching healers become monsters of damage against the undead was always cathartic. Now days a healslut is a healslut with magic heals doing nothing against undead or doing mediocre damage with stupid long cooldowns. Man I miss ACTUAL RPG elements in MMO games. It was okay to different. Everyone had a style, sure it didn't win every fight but every path led to something fun.

Vanilla world of Warcraft

I know it wasn't good. I don't care. I still miss it. We're going home, boys

Shadowbane
Silkroad Online

FFXI. So much time spent with people just talking about nothing while we wait for party members or a party to be formed. Scheduling missions with your linkshell friends between school and work schedules. Honestly my last summer.

Late vanilla WoW and TBC. Cringe as it may be I promise smoking weed and just running heroics while talking on vent as an edgy 14 year old was some of the most fun I ever had.

>when you find your old buddy from your favorite guild but she doesn't even remember who you were

Attached: it_hurts.jpg (800x600, 121K)

>1-2 second latency
I guess they're technically online

I just miss times when the playerbase of MMOs represented something other then LE EPIC TROLLING XDD HITLER DID NOTHING WRONG XDXdxD.

Attached: 1546586315938.png (480x480, 332K)

I used to play Conquer Online. Anyone else? It had some weird features, like archers being able to fly - I once went on a rampage, killing all low-level players leaving the starter area, and they could do nothing when I was flying. Of course, some high-lvl player came later and whooped my ass after I had appeared on the bounty list. Then I was sent to the mines, which I couldn't leave until I had worked my penalty off...

Good times.

>love GW1
>GW2 was about to be released
>see raspberry jam deconstruct it on various forums, listing in detail everything that would be wrong with it
>GW2 is released
>those exact things are what's wrong with it
Why didn't I listen

because you had hope user. somewhere you still had hope. as did i. its sad to see the humiliation the series endured still does and will do but worst of all, the degenerates that are the majority of this "community".

fuck that shit. i'm going back. if anyone want to hit lvl20 in pre-searing, pm me: Joanna Elen

Attached: gw004.jpg (2560x1440, 1.57M)

I dont miss old EverQuest, because i actually believe it got better over the years. But i miss my old friends from EQ.

>Those nails
Post tits pls

Nine dragons anyone?
Shit was fucking cash, and free too

Attached: ro.jpg (1098x735, 145K)

WTT GTB card for tits

Cristian pls.

Attached: 1500x500.jpg (1500x500, 56K)

First week of RO EternalLove was so great.

Attached: 1564827303588.jpg (2048x1536, 233K)

Attached: screenShot0001.jpg (1024x768, 720K)

Maplestory
For the most part I've moved on, but I do hesitate when I think about my old best friend. Just curious as to how he is now. Still remember him having me promise to never forget him.

it was a magical time for all mmorpgs. MapleStory was really very funny.

I've never played it but I've always respected it a lot

I also care more about memories than about the games themselves

Attached: 20045855_1395353267201208_1257869201_n.jpg (960x576, 47K)

youtu.be/2EsE4z9mjyg

Attached: 1502710501317.jpg (263x192, 8K)

not me but my gf. I loved playing with her on ragnarok mobile.

Attached: 17321654_1283140225089180_1744673734_n.jpg (960x576, 70K)

we loved .hack// too

Attached: 7392b5e7-d718-4681-b271-f0d13d93a886.jpg (1600x900, 192K)

Honestly Tibia. About 12 years ago I had like 7 rl friends playing at the same time and we all had some in game friends and we just had a small army to fuck shit up. When I was like 14 I met two cool dudes on there, one was a br who had no life so he was like our bodyguard. Then the times me and an rl friend trolled an entire server and were kill on sight, even had anyone with a name even close to ours, even randoms, got killed on sight by highest lvls it was great

MMo's suffer from a problem all MP games have nowadays, nobody wants to communicate. It's not the gameplay that make MMo's fun, it's the feeling of going on an adventure and meeting new people. MMo's don't really give a shit that you're playing with hundreds of other people, because you just end up killing 100 of a monster to complete a quest. Games Like Maple and Ragnarok were primitive enough not to include shit like that. I'm not really sure what changed, if i had to guess it's because gaming went mainstream. MMo's can't be good again until everyone forgets how to use the internet and there can be a new period of rediscovery.

Attached: 18556457_907222466083262_426670445214290954_o.jpg (1906x1068, 165K)

Attached: 17021639_862012160604293_154775324976542896_n.png (668x866, 533K)

Tbh Wildstar, end game dungeons were fantastic

DDO
i remember being in a call with an older guy (30+) and i can still remember how he was mad as fuck bragging about how he would sue large companies and they would pay him money and how nobody could fuck with him
i still wonder to this day what the fuck happened to that guy and why he was so angry

Attached: 1552876011485.jpg (500x375, 36K)

Warhammer Age of Reckoning, I hardly knew ye.

DDO is still up. It's very different now, though. They also got more greedy with the microtransactions.

Vanilla through early WotLK WoW. So many friends I made and lost. I wish I could talk to them again.

This. MMO's from the early-mid 00's were filled with so much soul BECAUSE of the people who played them. Then the internet became mainstream, normies flooded everything and we all grew up while kids these days are all brain damaged. The comfort is all gone.

Attached: 1274077694137.jpg (171x167, 6K)

i loved it at the time but it doesn't hold up
the only good thing left in the game now is the voice acting, it has a campaign fully voice acted and made by gary gigax if i remember correctly
i tried to get a friend into it but you cant pick a harder difficulty and its hard to convince someone to "power through it" when were both falling asleep from the lack of a challenge

Attached: 1549144170676.png (401x362, 379K)

flyff

none, i had actual friends and mostly played single player for video games because we'd hang out in real life.

I miss mechwarrior 4 (not an mmo but loved the small community), tibia, freelancer, runescape, hell even stupid shit like habbo. Been playing foxhole recently and been getting so old mmo vibes, people actually talking and sometimes actually working together feels pretty good

im so sad, ty!

Attached: 10458084_798325830207073_1842092756436453240_n.jpg (651x778, 37K)

Holy fuck that's cool

I liked eve online before they added jumping to 0 on a gate .
Game was garbage after that

Hello!

Attached: 2r43am0.jpg (337x424, 16K)

>normies flooded everything and we all grew up while kids these days are all brain damaged.
Literally boomer cope. Sad!

Well, casual gamers did ruin every mmo, even Halo 3 was nerfed for casual players

why did you enter in this thread to tell us that?

Attached: sob.gif (480x249, 3.81M)

I miss it like you wouldn't believe. To this day I wish that after death I wake up in their world.

Attached: TERA_ScreenShot_20160524_042125.png (1920x1080, 2.62M)

Because he has no friends, obviously

one of a kind

Attached: 1555200628853.jpg (410x599, 94K)

that gif is so fucking cool. I also want to live a similar moment, stay connected while they disconnect the servers, it has already happened to me but never with any dedicated animation

Tera. I played it with some girl who would send me nudes whenever I beat her in a duel.

what game was that?

>dark messiah under ragnarock
buon gusto

Asheron's Call

youtube.com/watch?v=o77BL-hCHxA

What .hack//?

Either Wildstar or launch TERA.

Lineage 2, I still sometimes play priv C5/Interlude or HB.
I wish official was killed because it hurts to look at it.
Honorable mention to Vindictus

youtube.com/watch?v=9JnH4M8mlZA

Priston tale, i dont know why i loved that game so much.

.hack/Fragment

I still dream of a game like "The World".

Attached: 1.png (1921x1075, 3.86M)

FFxI

youtube.com/watch?v=KgBZ_X2_h9A
i miss it

I initially read that as Prison Tale and immediately thought of an anime mmo set in prison

Pretty sure even wow still has discs, although past I think wrath the discs no longer had anything on them but the launcher.

Pretty sure it does not really count as an MMORPG, but I miss those Diablo 2 days

I'll never forgot this game, it had so much Soule too

>Had never been big into MMORPGS
>My friend shows me Lineage 2
>Go to his house everyday and play a comfy elf grinding monsters in a comfy forest
>Time travel is still not invented

Attached: 342.jpg (608x342, 21K)

>want to install FFXI back in the day
>it was 6 fucking discs
>after 2 hours of switching discs and copying files finally start PlayOnline
>needs updates
>updates take 3 hours to check files, 10 hours to download and 4 hours to install

That reminds me of when Star Wars Galaxies went offline . They did fireworks at the end

Vanilla WoW, it only worked at the time. WoW classic is going to be a shit imitation.

>Lineage 2
Private servers killed that game, actually hurt it from pretty early on. Why take forever to level up when you could go to a private server that gave you 4-6x the xp ?

youtube.com/watch?v=_Mc0OSVrhoE

Attached: 984645.jpg (447x599, 40K)

None because I'm not stupid enough to waste my time on MMOs as an adult.

I have my fond memories of time spent in them in a teenager and that's all I need. I don't miss it.

Attached: 1440367131062.jpg (212x251, 9K)

I still have my copy of Lineage II
Suck my dick

>Vindictus
Vindictus was the tits man. Season 2 raids are some of my favourite playable content ever.

Blizzard took to long, most people that used to play it went to private servers and became burned out years before Blizzard finally came out with classic . Also, I remember having more fun when BC came out than Vanilla.

I wanted to be an official max level

come home

Attached: gw1.png (1178x895, 1.11M)

Yes sure. Sometimes i watch old videos of my old mmo but i dont want to go back

shut the fuck up faggot let me have my nostalgia

Attached: 1565702844597.jpg (411x411, 28K)

Private servers were all better than official. Devs should've taken notes, especially from Dragon Network.

I don't think it would have worked even 4 years ago. Age of streaming doesn't work with what made WoW good.

>logged in pre-searing
>hit by a deep sadness hearing the soundstrack

Attached: Mustang-fullmetal-alchemist.png (500x348, 53K)

I played it back in the day, I remember it wasn't to long after Diablo 2 came out, that that game came out. I just ended up going to SWG and Eve Online . I never played it on the private servers, I just remember people trying to get me to play it on private servers . WoW really took over the show though, it was like every bodies girlfriends started to play it ,so their boyfriends did too

>tfw DQX is too old to warrant a western release
At least I played up to 2.0

Attached: 1543315043734.jpg (494x488, 50K)

Star Wars Galaxies for sure. played it for like 9 years before it was shut down. my best time in wow was during WOTLK and I miss that game version.

Well, I got bored with vanilla server probably about 4 years ago, then again, blizzard also shut down the one I was on

i forgot my password and email, otherwise i would have logged back in now and then just to walk around kaineng or wherever

Private servers don't have the player base to make the market work, so that game is for sure, gone for ever

Home...

None. MMO's are shit and every one I've went back to has ended up being a dissapointment. You miss your youth and enjoy the nostalgia, not the games.

Attached: D4so9_JWsAEVGVg.jpg (1242x1624, 412K)

pso2 is still getting a western release despite its age. Don't lose hope.

That was the best sandbox mmorpg ever made, being a crafter meant something in that game. You knew what was good by the name of who crafted it . Making your own house, and shop, watching cities form around you. Nothing ever came close to what that game was.

Ive been sating my grindlust in the weeks leading up to classic with OSRS as an ironmeme and Ive been remembering how much I loved this game as a kid. Just like when I was 11 Im going to drop that account hard to play wow.

imagine being this clueless and young

That's not true man, I'd give my left nut to play Eve Online before they added jump to 0 on the gate, I was a lone wolf single player and ganked people to make isk

I miss trickster online so much. The private servers are garbage and more money grubbing than the official ones. I'd even take a mobile game eternal love style.

Attached: 521760778d6e1ce1b981aaa2e5627938.png (889x560, 392K)

EVE Online. And yeah I know it still exists, but it started sputtering and failing its potential a while ago and know it feels like even if I tried to pick it back up again all my skills and knowledge and connections are rusty and long dead. But when I dropped it I figured there'd be something else afterwards, some new actual MMO that would take the whole massive thing to the next step and improve. I didn't know that there would not be another MMO except EVE, that it'd all be mp-game lobbies at best.

Feels real bad. The days when Yea Forums joined up various games like EVE or Worm for 3-6 months and had big groups fucking around before most left feel like another more optimistic age now.

Attached: EVE-ships_large.jpg (4800x8000, 3.53M)

The thing about old MMOs is not the game itself.
RO will always be forever in my heart, but if you look objectively to it it's an absolute piece of shit garbage souless korean grind
What made it special for me it's the people, and that's what's not coming back ever.
Online communities changed too much and they'll never be the same.

Attached: 1488733380143.jpg (625x790, 151K)

>That's not true man, I'd give my left nut to play Eve Online before they added jump to 0 on the gate, I was a lone wolf single player and ganked people to make isk
That was still possible afterwards in w-space though, which was one of the most fun things they ever added for a good while. I was bummed when they eliminated all sorts of crazy BMs though from the warp glitch and such, people did cool stuff with that like secret caches and cargo sculptures and shit out in the void. The real stagnation set in later, like with PI which was so fucking retarded particularly when their own player groups were giving them such better ideas. They constantly ignored updating and improving the core mechanics in favor of idiotic non-spessships shit. What a fucking waste.

I don't think you ever played a real mmo user. Though in fairness there were never more then a few of them.

Attached: 1511142370258.jpg (3264x2196, 2.53M)

Massive gaming communities, rich whales, and venture capitalism ruined all mmo's . People can say it's nostalgia all they want, but it's not, it's the fact games back then weren't designed to cater to the average person

i still have my original guild wars and wow cd's lil zoom, people were alive before you

Attached: Dark-Eden_Bloody-Tomb.jpg (800x600, 161K)

IDK, I lost interest when the balanced the game to where it was next to impossible for two BS's to kill each other in under 60 seconds . 60 seconds used to be the magic number to hit, if you couldn't take them down in that time, their buddies were going to show up

Destiny raiding gave me a little of that feeling. Meeting dudes on lfg trying to do content with them getting better at it etc

>when you meet your old buddy from your guild that you played daily with years later
>he plays moba now
>i don't
>have nothing to talk about
>never talk again

Remember kids, online friends aren't real friends.

It's not fair.

Attached: White_Knight_Chronicles_2_001-900x900.jpg (900x900, 151K)

>Private servers don't have the player base to make the market work, so that game is for sure, gone for ever

I played on a couple SWG private servers and the most popular one has an active enough market. It has both pluses and negatives. There was some evidence that you could buy credits from staff. the player 'council' is basically their own tree house with immunity from banning and they share private information. some nerfs devs introduced was a real deal breaker for me. not to mention some items that aren't obtainble was passed out to a certain few.. (drug buffs for example.) sorry for ranting but im just a little upset. legends is just a turd spray painted gold.

RO was a fantastic game, user. Stop falling for the shitposts claiming otherwise.

>Massive gaming communities, rich whales, and venture capitalism ruined all mmo's .
Nope, at least not for EVE. For the latter, VC just never played a role, EVE got started before that was much of a thing since it pre-dated WoW and it was simpler days, it was allowed to just focus on a niche and be profitable without any push to be LE WOW KILLAH and sell a bajillion. Just needed to make money sustainably, which it did.

The former two were mitigated in EVE by its structure getting established before that was much of a thing either. Rich whales could get bling ships sure, but unless they had the skill to back it up if they ventured anywhere not safe they'd just be big treasure filled pinatas. It was wonderful actually, rich whales were a pirates best friend. They'd immediately buy super fancy ships and fit them like utter fucktards and then get destroyed by a bunch of random fags in rifters for tons of loot, which they'd lose all of.

The problem with EVE was(is?) purely CCP, and them going downhill and focusing on everything BUT eve, tons of money poured into other shit that never worked, tons of retarded decisions. No one else is to blame. Even the player community was fairly decent.

Attached: Machariel fighting over planet.jpg (1680x1050, 1.21M)

I played on that server, my mineral extractors used to always vanish out of nowhere, I gave up because of that

like why do you have so many though

If you left before w-space came out I'm genuinely sorry for you, early on in particular that was just wild. People brought all sorts of god ships in and sometimes knew how to fight, often not, huge fortunes to be made figuring stuff out, you never knew. And buddies couldn't necessarily just arrive, but then again maybe they would, or maybe they'd think they could and the wormhole would evaporate just before or part way through, nobody had the mechanics all figured out yet. Was a great time, and for a good while afterward.

GOTTAGOFAST was also fun for a while before it got nerfed. And in like 2010ish era even in nullsec a roaming gang of AFs+logi or two could be pretty fun, enough dps to do some real damage but small and fast enough to actually have a chance at good fights depending on luck. Too bad delayed/sensor-dependent local wasn't implemented back then.

Why don't you?

Attached: 3221ba7afdf3be3336cffdebbe6c896f.jpg (2329x3900, 1.18M)

>bloomberg.com/quote/263750:KS
You don't know what you are talking about.

Final Fantasy 14.

Attached: Dalamud_Night_Limsa.jpg (3840x2160, 1.48M)

explain this please

No you fucking retard. They bought CCP in 2018, long long long LONG after CCP had badly fucked things repeatedly. If anything that was the the rotten cherry on top of the shit cake of a long string of dumb shit. Also a public corporation ISN'T VENTURE CAPITAL so that's also wrong to apply.

You said "gaming communities, rich whales, and venture capitalism ruined all mmo's" and about EVE you were wrong.

WTS BSSC

Attached: 22.jpg.48ae6eafa8fe812d5825eed3ac3f3d1b.jpg (1570x822, 559K)

Grand Chase

If the CaC had gotten a knight in the 1st game(or had even fucking been relevant) I bet it would have gotten a 3rd game. Perfect case of too little too late.

Fuck I miss this

He's just meme'ing about stuff he never played or knows about with the first random google he found. Eve was launched in 2003. By maybe 2010 or so things were sputtering a bit, still a damn good run. They kept at it in some ways but kept throwing away efforts on other shit, before belatedly going back to eve when all that failed. Finally last year they sold out to a korean grindangaems public company, the ones who did black desert I think. I assume eve will be even more thoroughly fucked now but I dropped it ages ago anyway. But it doesn't support user's argument that it was anyone but ccp who both made Eve and ultimately fucked it.

So now you are moving the goalpost to be correct, well ,you'd also have to understand the CCP opened up to venture in 2013, when the F2P pioneer Sean Decker joined CCP. That's a fun tidbit of information, and most likely happened well before you started playing. CCP had opened up to venture investments and opened up stock trading to help fund their World of Darkness mmo , CCP kind of over extended their funds, especially after buy White Wolf out, for the World of Darkness IP. They joke was on them though, as they had to cancel the Wold of Darkness mmo because their investors said it wasn't going to make money
Please stop acting like you know what you are talking about sir

honestly this, it was the only wow clone that knew it was a wow clone and didnt try to hide the fact, me and my little bro levelled to max together, was a pretty great time. Necromancer was pimp

Attached: 67796359_493195851455827_1854052929741258752_n.png (1680x1050, 3.07M)

>So now you are moving the goalpost to be correct
No I'm not, you are.
>you'd also have to understand the CCP opened up to venture in 2013
You're trying to claim that "VC" was responsible for 10 years of EVE previously? Because EVE was going off the rails and having issues by 2010 no problem.

>That's a fun tidbit of information, and most likely happened well before you started playing
I started playing in 2004. I stopped playing before this event you're talking about even happened.

>Please stop acting like you know what you are talking about sir
Says the child who either never played Eve at all or only started literally a decade+ after launch. Go to bed kid.

This.
It still hurts that el sword took over

It's because most people are autistic social retards now and all think they're le epic troles
This gameplay does exist in a ton of decent clans/guilds

None of those answers are pertinent to the original claim I made, you are only trying to be right,and you don't care how you achieve that goal .

It was a fun kind of jank.

Attached: 2005_01_25_16_047-1.jpg (1024x768, 181K)

I first played Ragnarok when I was 13 and I never knew it had a disc version.

eve online was literally the best video game in existence to RMT in. be it leaks from the player council or ~GOOD~ additions to the game.

but, for realsies. gameplay wise 2012 was most fun for me. wormholes were popping and you could get okay fights in low sec.

you can still play on the /rog/ shilled server ragna0

ragna0.com/

>None of those answers are pertinent to the original claim I made
Yeah they are. This is basic fucking logic, for "VC to have ruined EVE", by definition EVE would have to have NOT been ruined until AFTER VC got involved. But EVE was already off the rails BEFORE any VC, or being purchased by a public corp. Years before in fact. Selling out to that was a symptom of CCP already having shit the bed, had most original devs leave, etc. None of the 3 factors you listed were an issue with it.

I don't know if you're just pretending to be retarded or what, though it doesn't sound like it. Rather you're projecting really hard instead. I also don't know why exactly you care so much that there are a couple of exceptions to your made up suggestions. You might even be more accurate when it comes to modern MMOs. But most of the ones people actually miss are from a long, long time ago and you're not right about the factors there.

>250z Fly Wings
lmfao

gotta get that creamy card early to save money

I haven't played for a bit but it's pretty dead. Covered in spam bots advertising penya generators, overall population pretty sparse. The economy has been fucked for ages because people figured out how to clone those coins worth a shit ton of penya forever ago. You can probably still download and login for a quick nostalgia fix followed by a spot of depression.

How do you know that's 2013 is not the "then" I was referring too? It's kind of context sensitive, and my original statement controls the context. Do you think you are some kind of mind reader with mystical powers?

Also, I'm not reading the crap you are typing, it has nothing to do with what I was originally talking about

What exactly did people see in MapleStory? I tried to play it around 2006-2008 and found it painfully repetitive and boring as fuck. There's nothing to do except endlessly grind mobs, taking like 2 hours of grinding just to get 1 level up. And then what? More mob grinding. And more mob grinding. It never ends.

This. Could've been great

I had a girlfriend that played that, I didn't understand it then and I don't understand it now.

But that means I'd have to talk to people, it's easier just to use group finder

we dont deserve dq10

Imagine if WoW never released. We might have had an era of swg derivatives instead of shitty wow clones

Shit was fun during release, then mail.ru came along and made it p2w. Ended up becoming a mod before gpotato shut it down.

Attached: Splashscreen.jpg (1440x900, 299K)

The early years from the beta and on were really good, then it devolved into some really stupid cash shop and super random stat equipment bullshit

>have a friend I made online back when I was 10
>we live across the country from one another
>we still chat and play games 20 years later
If you don't make an effort to play the games your friends are interested in, and vise versa, then you will never maintain a friendship.

FFXI, but RO was amazing as well.

>How do you know that's 2013 is not the "then" I was referring too?
Why would it matter? 2013 is after 2010.

>omg you blew me the fuck out
>uh uh tl;dr!!!
COPE harder ledditor.

update 7.0 to 8.0 tibia
no im not a br

Damn, you are still crying, IDK what you are even talking about anymore.
I was right you were wrong, get over it

Flyff used to be pretty fun.
It isn't anymore

Attached: frogs and eggs.jpg (837x557, 160K)

I think the point for me is that it's so unbearably grindy that it was amazing to actually see high level people. You'd see them doing high damage at high level places and know there was nothing you could do to reach that level besides put in 100s of hours of grind or hack and probably get banned. It seems extremely simple but if you really got into it then there's a ton of little intricate things to know and ways to train faster which will separate "pros" from clueless noobs who waste time mess and chat, grind extremely inefficiently, or people like you who just don't get it/care. There are also casuals who just like the anime look and cute monsters. There's actually a lot to make it more interesting with different ways items, stats, mechanics, scrolls, etc. work but it is true that overall it's mostly just pure grind. They added too much stupid bullshit around 2008 though.

my.com kills everything it touches. Its a shame they are getting the publishing rights to Lost Ark for EU and maybe the west too

I didn't have a good pc so resident evil online was my game, i had a blast to be honest.

Attached: 72089_5961.jpg (480x480, 73K)

I think I'm the only person who every played Everquest 2.

It was amazing. Deep as fuck, and the PvP was just the right kind of broken. I still hear the sound effects in my head. The community was great, because mostly older people played the game. It was like a 70/30 split between men and women, and in the guilds it was more like 50/50. I'd log in, me, a 14 year old young man and have these 30 year olds with kids teaching me the realities of life.

I never got to do endgame content, yet I still had a thoroughly amazing experience with the game. Then they promised us EQ3, which turned into EQ Live, which turned into a cashgrab for some bullshit unoptimised minecraft style nonsense. I was sad to see it die. I tried Vanguard to drown my sorrows, that was shit. Warhammer Online had excellent PvP but was broken in the bad way, and then died shortly after. Since then I've had a MMORPG shaped hole in my heart that I bury in Tekken and DotA 2. But the experience will never be the same. The camaraderie will never be the same.

I miss you, EQ2.

>or people like you who just don't get it/care

"you don't like the endless grind therefor YOU DON'T GET IT LOL"

yikes

I specifically looked up guides and asked people where to level for my class, and no matter what I did it was just super fucking grindy and boring.

I still miss Marvel's Super Hero Squad Online. It was a simple game for all ages, but it had tons and tons of soul. Ive had tons of fun on it playing with friends too. The game closed down in 2017, here's a pic I took in like 2013 of other users dancing around me, I still cant believe its been that long. It still hurts.

Attached: SHSO Party.png (1360x768, 1.19M)

Good to see fellow boomer UO bros. I fucking miss it like you wouldn't believe.

FFXI as well. All BLM grinding parties were fucking based, too bad MMOs all follow the same party formula (dpsx2, tank, healer) these days.

>I'm not reading
>oh wait I still am because I'm my tears won't stop falling
Haha classic.

way to react like a fag. It's factually true that you don't understand the game on a deeper level because you didn't want to do the grinding. that's fine but don't be a little bitch about it.

Looks like Marvel Heroes for kids.
F

Get a load of this zoomer.

Attached: 3123123214421.png (900x900, 1.69M)

Are you okay user? You need to take your meds, you are having a bipolar fit
BTW, I was right and you were wrong

>That soul of disc and disc carpet
i miss those times so much, thank you user you made me feel nostalgic and warm in my heart.

Sell me one.

>ctrl+f "runescape"
>2 results found

Surprised it isn't missed more

Attached: 1500794007415.jpg (1102x967, 125K)

Those ships like a corroded rocks.
Ugly as sin.

iirc, cata had SOME of the data on the disk, but you needed to download a lot of it

*look like corroded rocks

>yikes
kys you reddit tourist you filth

I know it's tough being BTFO so hard when you're 14 user but you'll get over it. Why are you still reading my posts though I thought you had internet-told me by leaving in a huff already?

How to spot tasteless faggots/zoomers is pretty easy now.

If you have to explain to people over and over again that they were BTFO, they weren't the one the was BTFO

Dark age of camelot. It ruined pvp in every single game I've played since. I also loved the pve even if it was pretty bad in retrospect.

Attached: iu[1].jpg (1024x768, 93K)

A lot of them yeah absolutely, though there were a few classically attractive ones in the mix too. That said the style grew on me and in some ways made a lot of sense in a space game, most scifi ships try to look cool and "aerodynamic" despite there being no such thing in space and thus freedom to have stuff be designs that wouldn't work in atmosphere at all. It was at least unique and the different factions did have their own aesthetics much of the time.

Attached: retribution.jpg (1280x960, 114K)

>t. BTFO
That's what happens when you list three reasons and they're all wrong in one specific case and rather than simply say "well there are exceptions to the rule" and move on you just keep doubling down kid.

I wish all my friends had stayed in DQX with me. Fuck SE for not bringing it over.

Mabinogi and Perfect World International during their golden years when players actually used to socialize and adventure together in populated servers. I tried to revisit these games when I wasn't busy with high school anymore. And they're basically dead and empty just like any other old MMORPG.

It's really depressing. The only game that ever got close to that magic for me was Final Fantasy XIV, but it's overrun by faggots, thots and trannies.

Attached: 1528832412743.jpg (1024x770, 48K)

Well, I was right and you were wrong, so keep crying about it in this internet fight you think we are having

My first MMO. Had it's flaws but still it was amazing and non target.

Attached: metin2.png (815x566, 1.21M)

I remember playing this. It was extremely shitty, yet pretty enjoyable.

But you were proven wrong by basic science, and then you lied and cried about it? You could just go back to and follow your own huffy and not "read my crap", except you know how much more intelligent I am than you so you just can't resist!

Attached: 1452052883786.gif (500x500, 685K)

To bad is Eternal Love is censored.

Disagree. Usually no surveys or player testing is done in modern games, rather the game designers go "big company X is doing Y therefore all players clearly like Y and we have to do it too, X would never be wrong since they're big!". Because of that, every MMO disables social interactions (e.g. make the game entirely soloable - hell, easier to solo than to party). As a result, people don't communicate since they have no reason to.
However, people do want to communicate. They're just not allowed to for all intents and purposes. It's audience selection.

i have NWN on disc

This. People always flip around cause and effect, humans love to socialize when the situation drives it, but they can be driven away from it to. Every MMO that is actually Massive and encourages and supports player interaction has lots of it. That so many publishers now just want to make MP or even SP games with graphical lobbies and real money "social driven" transactions isn't the fault of players.

Why did GW die so fucking hard after GW2 came out? Why didn't people just stick with the original like how it went with Lineage and Everquest, where the squeal never really took over?

Lion best class if you disagree your gay

flyff was never a good game
it was fun cause you were a child
combat system is shit, using abilities actually hurts your DPS instead of increasing it, leading to builds like bowjesters, everyone being bps and blades etc

not to mention the p2w cash grab

Lets be real here. If you ever played flyff past level 10 you weren't a kid. And you were playing the wrong game.

That is false. People still love to communicate except they either do it mainly in a 3rd party program like Discord, or they simply have no reason to do so like said.

I had so much fun in siege

Attached: 10fuxpk.jpg (649x547, 53K)

but i prefer to explore

Attached: f346d2d3.png (1549x817, 1.66M)

>reinstall EQ2 for a nostalgia blast
>have fun remembering all about queen's colony
>wander through queynos
>only see one other player the whole time

It hurts, user. It's on life support, and Daybreak have filled it with tons of microtransactions. I wish they'd kill it off with some dignity.

>That is false. People still love to communicate except they either do it mainly in a 3rd party program like Discord, or they simply have no reason to do so like said.
One thing I thought was a shame in MMOs (amongst many others granted) is precisely that in-game communications stagnated and even went backwards rather then continuing to improve. In practice TeamSpeak/Vent/Mumble/Discord/whatever should never have really been as necessary, in-game has more data and could have been used for cool stuff like character driven voice changes or whatever. Yet another area where progress ceasing like a decade ago really sucks.

Miss this game. Ec tunnel was always fun hangout.

Guild Wars 1 my dude.

This
I'll never forget 2004-2006 FFXI
There was a disclaimer when you boot it up to not forget about real life. No regrats. For you user
youtube.com/watch?v=qQ-E_mZca9M

>Season 2 raids are some of my favourite playable content ever.
Some of them were heavy flawed and outside of ep4 thematically were weaker than rocheste. Dont get me started on failure called jumping mechanics (remember old Willy?). Later episodes had better raids, while far worse areas to run (fucking peaks holy shit).

>Lakiora
Literally sandbag.

>Kraken
Fucking 16k def on head on release coupled with old damage system made it so unless you were scythe evie or premiere lann you were doing no damage (cestus karok was reaching needed atk but did nodmg before buffs). Many characters lacked any form of flinch making last phase dps check the moment you were no longer able to make super succ tent fuck off.
Still one of my favourite raids for long time, simply for fact you had to cooperate with at least half of team to succeed.

>havan
Surprisingly bretty fun. Nice mechanic where you save teammate both you and him get buff.

>iset
Complete trainwreck in party because you can't even see her. Swipe with no roundup animation that was able to take over half of your hp. In phase 2 she could glitch and teleport directly into player instagibbing him.
I liked fight after first few changes.

>Reaper
Good fight. The only problem was finding host capable of hosting particle dense elemental phases.

>Bark
Worst fucking raid.

>Juggernaut
Really good fight, shame about skeleton armor being kinda shit.

>Ulcha
Pretty straightforward fight.

>Druid
Never understood people's lovebboner towards that encounter. Decent.

>Lavast
Good idea, in coordinated party really enjoyable fight. Yet even on perfect run it could still glitch and dog would recover whole armor. Absolutely horrible with only random players.

>Crom
Really felt like you go against god.

Attached: tibia.jpg (657x357, 67K)

Pre-NGE Star Wars Galaxies.
My man
Initial installation was done that way back then.

Attached: swg.jpg (220x314, 18K)

FFXI mobile when?

I didn't play RO that much to be honest, I remember my big bro just having me around leveling and farming things for him. I just wanted to hit stuff with my sword.

How simple where things back then...

Dunbarton. Home.

The game might still be technically alive, but my time with it is over. I met a good number of now IRL friends and a cute gf through it.
I'd pay good money if they just made mabi 2, same combat and life systems, just a better engine to run it on.

Attached: 800px-Dunbarton_SE.png (800x419, 753K)

Any veterans from the MMO BR race war of '05?

Attached: Conquer-Online-0-TreasuresX.png (1024x768, 1.55M)

nigga you can literally still play the old runescape today
be it a private server or just the official oldschool runescape game.
granted oldschool runescape is getting new content but it's all in the style of the old game so

Doesn't it have a classic server?

osrs is in no way even remotely like the oldschool rs, pserb is the only way and they're fucked in their own ways.

just be one of those autists that turn everything off in clients and only play oldschool content then lmao
the options are given to you just do what you wanna do
everything beats having to deal with shitty pservers

60% of the users using cheating clients
60% of the economy controlled by non-humans and 3rd worlders

osg tranny spotted

It has precisely nothing to do with the client
>zoomer logic

ffxiv is filled with normalfags, socially dead

keep living in the past grandpa i played runescape back in 2005 and thats never happening again because were no longer noobs that don't know what everything is and whats the best way to do things

It wasn't amazing, but I miss Aika Online.
The forum banter was top notch and I miss when thst shit was a thing. RIP Hotglue you mad bastards.

God it was so good.

Because it had so much potential and you really don't notice the issues at first
t. Put like 800 hours into this crap the first 5ish months and hasn't looked at it since

GW2 was fun tho

The only major difference is that GE exists and therefore Varrok isn't clogged with people spamming "SELLING RUNE SKIMMY 34K" in obnoxious, wriggling, rainbow blinking text.

Are the that fucking old anons?

Attached: 1466416041321.png (470x700, 181K)

c3-c6 for life

Being reminded of Flyff kind of makes me miss the game, too, even though it really was a piece of shit. Damn Korean grinders.
Still remember Clockworks being the only raid boss (and just that, a boss) back then that wasn't even fully implemented. A GM had to teleport you and your guild to the boss's room.
Being true to its name, the flying actually was fun.
And that soundtrack: youtube.com/watch?v=Qo7T1rWoaEc&list=PLw34GTe_CUOQo90UdHOZ4-vM9DcdnHHJr&index=24
youtube.com/watch?v=BiuRomjDnTI&list=PLw34GTe_CUOQo90UdHOZ4-vM9DcdnHHJr&index=8

Attached: flyff.jpg (1280x720, 135K)

yeh RO was something else
i remember i would buy weapons from morroc then bring them to prontera and sell them for a profit to newbs
then i'd scam people out of their accounts
and just generally dick around
it was a better time

For me, it's Tera.

Attached: 1358849131815.png (500x812, 59K)

Hibernia...home.

Attached: daoc mag mell.jpg (1280x800, 193K)

LaTale, Mabinogi, ghostx, rusty hearts, elsword, Tera, dragon nest and lost saga

Attached: D781DA94-7C28-4936-8B18-2AE6FD682A5B.gif (448x256, 2.35M)

I remember getting one of the first d20 dice in the server I was on. Took a long time to sell it.

Literally had one person calling me a liar to even claim such an item existed. I miss those times. But all my friends stopped playing so I did too.

Let's be honest here guys, pre-WoW MMORPGs weren't that good. They had the absolute worst combat systems and UI. People only remember them fondly because of nostalgia.

Attached: 1508950256687.png (483x470, 184K)

Fuck off stupid frogposter

oddly, Aion. No idea why but I still get urges to go back...

Yeah wildstar did a great job of actually providing a game for what dedicated MMO players wanted in the newage of MMOs. Difficult dungeons/raids that required actual coop to run. Too bad it only lasted a couple years. Ill never forget spending that summer of 2014 trying to progress in a Yea Forums guild with a bunch of idiots memeing around after wiping for the 20th time.

The fact it was horribly optimized didn’t help.

>what dedicated MMO players wanted in the newage of MMOs
>Difficult dungeons/raids that required actual coop to run
We just want a virtual world to live in tbqfwy

It's funny that incels freak the fuck out when you say anything that can be taken negatively.
You probably would have no problem saying something like "I just don't get why people like these games" but freak the fuck out at someone even mentioning that you might not be the target audience.

im not mentallly retarded manchild

Why not?

Sure you’re not, retard.

Attached: 85AC876F-BA85-483C-BB2E-295330C223F7.jpg (640x624, 65K)

Air Warrior, from the AOL days in the mid 90s. I mean, it wasn't an MMO but you had 300 players in a theater and the map state was persistent, I guess.

>get 7 bros filling up all the positions in a b-17
>just fly around trying to knock out airstrips and smoking planes with good callouts

>tfw I will never walk into Payon Dungeon for the first time during a summer day at Grandma's house again

Nostale bros ww@

Attached: file.png (700x400, 648K)

Yeah, Wildstar kinda lacked that. Didnt help that it did the whole "create your own hideout" thing which is cool in one sense but really takea away from public meeting spots.
Oh well, the combat was pretty decent too, just a bit too 1-button spam and everything else when off CD. At least thats how I remember playing my engineer.

Yeah no, no it wasn't. That was the problem. It was pretty, but it simply wasn't fun.

All CCP ever had to do was combine WiS and Dust 973 into making a third of stations coop Dead Space and shit would have been golden.

The first MMO that I played religiously. At some point they lowered the droprates of green items, made it so that you need a cashshop item to upgrade even at lower levels and removed level difference in PVP so even a level 60 player could easily kill a naked level 100 guy, which made the full pvp server and the weekly guild battles fucking boring. Stopped playing around that time in like 2009.
>ywn again roam the player shops for cheap items for HOURS and then make your own shop overnight and sell all these items for a profit only to repeat that until youre a millionaire

that shit was crazy

that's some classic shit my nigger

i was always a big fan of monster raising games, including mmos
spent so many hours on eudemons and some chinese mmo with fusing/evolving, encounters on-demand and open world pvp

Toontown.

>playing tranny fantasy last night
>doing dungeon for msq
>healer dc's
>I ask, "what's going on"?
>one replies with, "I don't know, hold on"
>I say, "okay"
>I notice there's a red icon over the healer
>I ask, "did he dc or something"?
>there's no response
>I then say, "the music sure is nice in here"
>again, no response
>the healer reconnects
>we stand around for about 10 seconds or so
>then I ask, "are we ready now"?
>they start to move around so I continue and we move on to do the rest of the dungeon
It seemed as though the two must have been in discord or something with each other, at least that's what I suspect from how the one who was talking for a second in game was behaving.

How are you even supposed to make friends in games anymore when it's like this?

Attached: 1564524332568.jpg (482x549, 41K)

Sadness ahead

youtu.be/Rmdr-xVZmHk

>yikes

Hurr durr I don't like grinding but I'll play the grinding game instead of something else! some people don't mind grinding to get items and levels because they don't want everything to be handed out to everyone. That's the game, so play an fps or whatever you like.

>dude lets make a faction vs faction PvP game, and then only include 2 factions so 1 will always be stronger than the other

What the fuck were they thinking?

Attached: warhammer online.jpg (1920x1200, 449K)

Lug era uma merda irmão

>was a stupid kid that didn't know how computers worked
>lost all my RO screenshots several times
>have nothing to look back on those memories
I want to go back.

>8 years later, the OC drawing was replaced by a wojak
kek

don't make me cry fuck

>i get to go home in 11 days

so long virgins

Attached: 1552454710786.jpg (960x720, 159K)

I still talk to a bunch of my old ro friends and coming from ro I don't see why you didn't try mobas, its the closest thing to ro pvp in the modern world of shit games

I miss all of the shut-down ones I can never play anymore

I miss adventuring in ragnarok online. Learning where to good drinding spots were, what each mob could have as a rare drop, preparing tp hunt with friends, and coming up with strategies to do so. It was a fun time when you were expected to make your own adventure and not follow a bread crumb trail laid out for you. With the card system each mob had a bare minimum value to hunt.

come with me in the bloody room, I feel the urge to go back there (using the relog exploit)

Attached: 30ax251.jpg (1020x744, 103K)

I just want some classy designs in MMO.
Flying mounts and teleportation ruin world for most of time.
I want raids where you "explore" instead of teleporting on arena.

Gen 1-3 were some of the most laid back MMO experience I've had. Even had crazy fun playing Gen4 on Korean servers or something before it was released, was crazy to explore it with friends. Im not sure what gen it happened, but when they changed the p2w models and made dyes expire, everything started to go downhill and my guild and friends stopped playing/caring.

.Hack is seriously untapped potential. A modern version of The World would be amazing

Priston Tale

Used to play it at my local internet cafe, which was incidentally where I spent most of my weekly allowance

Attached: Priston Tale.jpg (1920x1080, 492K)

>I think the point for me is that it's so unbearably grindy that it was amazing to actually see high level people. You'd see them doing high damage at high level places and know there was nothing you could do to reach that level
It was basically like the intro level to Megaman X. You were weak and shitty and then a badass higher level player (Zero) shows up to do a bunch of crazy shit with cool armor and it makes you think "I could eventually be that"

priston tale
risk your life 2
ragnarok online (before ascended classes)
talesweaver
dungeon fighter (on launch)
flyff
atlantica online (on launch)
tera (on launch)

Even in old FPS. In unreal tournament we'd just chill in spectator and chat for ages.

urban legends in mmorpgs were the best thing, now there is no magic.

Classic Runescape was great until Jagex made a weird shift into wanting to take an adamant stance against bots so they started adding things into the game like sleeping bags which always had a negative effect on legitimate players and it just started going downhill from there. Every major change they started making just kept making the game worse. They also kept messing with trading, the wilderness and got rid of holiday drops that you could trade and eventually got rid of holiday drops altogether. I also still feel like going from rsc to rs2 and to rs3 was a mistake.

Attached: 1549010567337.png (850x720, 786K)

I played countless mmos in my childhood. I miss not a single one. If I could go back in time to slap myself for wasting time on all those dead, soulless, gameplay-less trash I would.

Good taste, user.

Attached: pz_H64PWRSI.jpg (442x740, 46K)

there were various mobile versions (gatchashit), one even without the touchscreen in pre-smartphones era.

Attached: 19601421_936268583178650_1313090160240394845_n.jpg (540x960, 49K)

>Then the internet became mainstream, normies flooded everything and we all grew up while kids these days are all brain damaged.
Or maybe you was just same "normie" brain damaged kid before discovery of Yea Forums? Now everything is "cringe" because Yea Forums warped your perception of reality beyond recognition so you judge everything by unrealistic standards and any of your actions should pass unhuman self-awareness filters first.

Attached: Fate Hollow Ataraxia 015.jpg (800x600, 30K)

>Those days are over
I wanna go back.

Why did they have to fuck up RO Mobile so badly?
The game itself is fucking great
But it was literally one of the worst P2W games I've ever played

MapleStory
Latale
Ragnarok

I miss just fucking around with guilds and efriends.

retarded zoomer

Yeah I remember thinking exactly that when I started playing and I saw someone else who was actually still really low level but seemed cool to me. I gayly said to myself, "Some day I'll be that good..." as I saw a lv 20 assassin do like 40 damage.

Attached: 1508036473626.jpg (600x631, 68K)

It's such a boomer thing to say but honestly it's just too fucking crowded and mainstream.

The internet used to be like your good buddy's wood-paneled basement lair where you just hung out with other fun people.

then slowly more and more doors began to open up from all sorts of random places, letting in thousands, then millions, then billions of people, and now it's more like a public shopping mall than a fun little world.

2011-2013 Vindictus. I'm not even sure what ruined it first but it's now declined to the point where it's a chore to get to endgame because the bosses up to that point have been nerfed to shit and the game just HANDS you gear for it, so it's not stimulating to play, and then suddenly the difficulty spikes up a ridiculous amount at endgame and you haven't had any time to learn your character because you never had to, because you can turn off your brain and solo the entire game up to level 80 without ever needing to use your character's unique skills.

Puzzle Pirates

Attached: Puzzle-Pirates.jpg (632x432, 198K)

Anet attempted to intentionally murder GW 1 by cutting its features and introducing daily caps on things like title grinding to discourage people from playing it to get GWAMM more easily, like what most of the veterans remaining were doing.

Isn't ragnarok lore very edgy? It's full of rape and murder and shit.

Why is that a point you're bringing up?

that's not edgy that's life

i had an epiphany of what a horrible waste of time this crap was in fourth grade and never looked back, thank fuck. i have no interest in the skinner box meme

Because I remember that one webm of the ragnarok anime, but didn't bother to save it, so I'm hoping someone would post it.

i miss neopets. i miss collecting special forum avatars during seasonal site events. i miss ~*~ HOT TUB RP PARTY ;) ~*~ and all that kind of shit

life felt so much simpler back then.

Habbo Hotel!

Attached: 1152621757273.jpg (726x638, 89K)

god this game was stupid but I loved it so much

Attached: 13797wide.jpg (1280x804, 381K)

Attached: ffxiv_2016-12-30_20-27-32.png (552x772, 875K)

what a time it was to be alive.

Attached: 1482784979307.gif (240x184, 403K)

what is happening here? You're supposed to attack nail in Ifrit, right?

Attached: ffxiv_2016-12-30_20-27-47.png (431x781, 683K)

Attached: ffxiv_2016-12-30_20-28-06.png (521x216, 230K)

this spoose guy is a fag
recommend me a class that will let me lvl quickly

healer or tank will give you instant queues for everything

who lodesadings here?

Attached: wshu.png (1742x2491, 1.63M)

Neverwinter nights gold edition online

Server I played on was the LOTR one where you start in Brill. think the server had 64 max players online at a time

was a great time.

Also Lands of Lore was a great server too, you could smoke a pipe

warrior or paladin?
big dick energy is what I'm looking for

yeah. looking back at what I have saved 2006 and earlier Yea Forums definitely had some stuff that makes me cringe a bit now, yet at the same time there is some innocent joy in it, people have a good time fucking around on the internet. a lot more OC too. wonder when everyone just firing up photoshop and making their own edits to things, even if they had never done any drawing before, died out as a general thing? we have some dedicated draw threads now, but that's more requests to artists (amateur or otherwise), and I guess the occasional "save the princess with your vidya knowledge" ones on Yea Forums but that's about it.

People stopped creating OC because the site got more popular and more fast paced, less community oriented. Even 4ch 5-6 years ago was better than this, though by then the infection had begun to spread.

P.S For any commiecucks reading this 4ch has always been interwoven with /pol/, right back to the days of something you newcunts don't know about

Warrior has dumb job quests but has axes

>any commiecucks reading this 4ch has always been interwoven with /pol/
fuck off theocracycuck with your history rewriting. /n/ wasn't added until way after founding and it was a huge mistake that should have stayed baleeted and everyone who posted there permabanned forever.

>People stopped creating OC because the site got more
Actually twitter and reddit are main creators of 95% OC now. Even memes. How low we fallen

>drawn like a moth to the light
pottery

Country rooooooooads, take me hooooooooooome

Attached: 1564363090135.jpg (3443x1170, 3.84M)

That might be because of the server you're on. I'm in Balmung and people always social, even in dungeons and roulettes.

Attached: 1564313177480.png (1280x1048, 310K)

For me, it was Silkroad Online. This game was so fucking good, man. Used to play it with friends and my cousins. Sure it had bots, but that didn't take away from it.

Attached: 5125.jpg (628x471, 143K)

In ragnarok online era dowloading the 1,7 Gb of data was a big deal.

You described all mmo's past the first 10 levels or so

>twas only pretending to be retarded!
Speaking of stuff that stopped being a thing a long time ago.

>past the first 10 levels or so
Old mmos grind was completely on different level. Hell old mmos boss fights and combat were pure trash.

>AION

Me too, bros. So sad the game is maximum p2w now.

Attached: 1564927843179.jpg (1920x1080, 547K)

You're just describing video games as a whole.
All of it is meaningless grind for the hell of it. Just slightly different shades of meaningless grind.

This goes to show that the kind of person that likes mindless grinding is mentally challenged

Vindictus. Ruined by p2w like all Korean games

I agree. Anyone who enjoys video games are probably not all there. Not much better than a rat in a skinner box.
I'm very thankful to be a retard.

DAILY REMINDER THAT 90% OF ESTABLISHED MMOS THAT ARE NO MORE OR FAILED HARD, DID SO BECAUSE OF BECOMING P2W OR CATERING TO CASUALS. THESE 2 OPTIONS ARE THE BANE OF THE GENRE.

You are retarded if you can't tell the difference

>You are retarded if you can't tell the difference
Yes I know.
>I'm very thankful to be a retard.

>grinding 24/7 is hardcore
>punching standing boss that do nothing is hardcore
Delusional. Eny modern mmo has better boss encounters and combat than old ones. The difference is grind

>Eny modern mmo has better boss encounters and combat than old ones. The difference is grind
Delusion.

When mmos started dying left and right, I tried to scratch that itch by trying new free mmos, and seems like some I tried, nobody on here actually tried.
One of them, you could kill monsters to unlock them as transformation, it was pretty weird, toon and chinese inspired. Can't remember the name, but back then I was flabergasted by the mechanic alone.
The other one I can remember being Holic Online which came back as Cloud9, but the new races and the pink sky made it a huge turn off.

Attached: IMG_20190722_210501.jpg (851x1510, 146K)

Clone Wars Adventures
Loved that shit when I was beginning high school

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (1200x799, 185K)

i did not say anything about grinding. grinding is not even a difficulty. stop putting words in my mouth, casual catering and p2w are the bane of the genre. from everything else the devs can come back and fix.

>p2w
I can't remember mmos with p2w. Outside low budget koreans

youtu.be/4QfDFTHpUaU
youtu.be/g4TSeqPtqp8
I loved the music. Played it sometime after flyff but it started getting worse after that wedding system and all was introduced.

this isn't really a game i played actively aside from a few free trials later in the game's life

but planetside 1
shit is rad as fuck and it never got a sequel that expanded on its features

youtube.com/watch?v=7_NskuAc7-I
Silkroad Online
Jangan...home

when i said mmo i did not put any special exclusions did i? even those "low budged koreans" count even if you don't like them. archage, bdo just two on the fly examples that started good, became in time p2w and are now abbandoned. even tortanic fits more or less

Tibia was based

Dragonica
Dragon quest

Shame that both have become a melting pot of every of their out-of-place events because devs are too lazy to remove a fucking christmas casino machine in the middle of the hometown, among other things.

NCsoft mmos are p2w now.

>6th grade
>2002
>wake up at 4:30 AM on a schoolday
>grab bowl of cereal
>dial up mother fucker
>login to daoc
>takes me forever to fucking level because computer is horse shit and the game was an old mmo
>level 4 lurikeen roaming the hills of mag mell trying to level and explore
>constantly gangbanged by fucking Rat Boy who roams the early zone grinding spots
>would even draw hate comics about Rat Boy
>love every minute of it

i played for years but was pretty casual, still had a lot of fun. i even played Uthgard for like 6 months years back and Pheonix for a bit, but they just don't compare and the community and meta and mindset is just completely different.

Attached: h-Rat-Boy.jpg (331x545, 46K)

just play osrs on your phone while taking a shit

dunno about them. i only played the gw series from them and that does not fit at all fortunately. i suspected aion would be p2w, lineage i dont think so, its too old, it has a fixed playerbase. what else do they have? i knew a couple that were canned. i'm still mad about tabula rasa

i hate this so much

i'd love to play gw1 still but it's abundantly clear they transferred any good sever hardware they had over to gw2 duty

gw1 pvp is nearly unplayable now due to the player collision rubberbanding

Luna online

I had my first e gf. We went around questing together all day

Attached: luna-online-dating-characters.jpg (900x675, 154K)

the secret world. got the EA treatment and now it's not worth playing anymore.

project1999 is coming out with a fresh everquest progression server in october if any of you are interested.

Do you guys think MMORPGs are waste of time?

Like more than other games?

A lot of them are literally built to be timewasters because that's what people want.

Destiny 2 tried to ease up on the time-wasted elements by removing random weapon rolls, guaranteeing you'd get the same weapon variant as anyone else if you got a weapon drop and you wouldn't have to continue grinding for 60 years just to get the optimal weapon roll by sheer chance.

What remained of Destiny's community fucking HATED it. They loved the gambling and they loved that they could spend more time optimizing their loadouts through grind. They wanted more ways to waste their time.

PvP games like Guild Wars and DAoC aren't time wasters, but everything else is.

>lineage
L2 classic is absolutely full of p2w. Just google.

Reminder that this pic itself is 8 years old.

Tera in its first year

Holy shit the amount of salt and drama was unreal, the gameplay was really fun as a PvP healer but the drama made that game so worth it. I ruined so many lives and nothing has even come close.

Think of it this way: when it's something like Warframe where you're grinding Focus to kill Eidolons so you can farm more Focus or something it really is

When it's like AION and you're grinding medals to improve your weapon so you can go to the enemy faction's map and kill more people before getting killed, or so that when they come to your faction's map you can defend yourself better then it really isn't

Attached: 1547937513481.png (516x565, 293K)

Anything can be a waste of time. MMOrpgs are a special kind of game that take a lot of time, they have the ultimate goal to be a virtual world and if you take that into account it explains a lot like why so far they've all failed at this and why the genre is trying to move away from this idea.

>Do you guys think MMORPGs are waste of time?
No. This is absolutely retarded concept that only normalfags can say.
If you enjoy something = this is not waste of time. MMOs are games. Hobby. If you think your hobby is waste of time you that means you're not truly like it. Forcing yourself to do something you don;t like is waste of time.
There is nothing special in MMOs. RPG games can offer you 500 hours of gamepaly. Sandbox can offer you 1000+.

>play early TERA
>be healer
>be nearly unkillable, but can't really kill others either
>notice you can get damage reflection effects on armor
>roll all armor that can get it into damage reflection
>people have no choice but to try to run as I endlessly poke them to death or kill themselves attacking me

Attached: 1548884815631.jpg (240x200, 26K)

D2 is so bad, and I say that as someone who was a hardcore raider in D1 with over 100 KF completions and 3000 hours logged. Prime example of fun being ruined for the sake of balance and ease of access.

I remember playing with my GF, whenever things like the fuzzy bear hat came out I'd buy them instantly for her as I was selling NX for gold so could afford anything. One other couple broke up because her BF could never afford the stuff for her as I'd just outbid him each. The salt in that game was worth it.

I miss the days of Sage, the drama on PP was amazing for such a child like game.

youtube.com/watch?v=akd-3VcxhVI

> WTB SSA

Attached: 3151233333.jpg (1920x1008, 975K)

who is this titty monster?

It’s crazy how much Kenshi can look like Star Wars Galaxies. Whenever I am playing Kenshi I am just like damn, I miss demanding credits from people for “taxes” to build and maintain “roads”.

I used to do that shit in CS, it was so fun. That and the priest skill that made you jump away and give them a speed debuff.

I miss Alliance and CS the most

>Runescape
more like CHORESCAPE!

One of the few things I really liked about D2 was non-randomized drops honestly

are indie MMOs the future?

What happened to that plan about Yea Forums jumping on old MMOs and trying them out every week?

>Yea Forums jumping on old MMOs and trying them out every week?
I don't want to play with Yea Forums degenerates. Already met them in other games

>love crafting and empire building
>Black Desert Online is released, my dreams come true
>play from day one, be the top rated crafter in all servers
>you can still do things when AFK but have to keep the game on
>have to feed your workers every couple of hours and set yourself doing something
>stop attending class as can't be away for too long
>stop going out with friends as I have to maintain my ranking
>don't go on holiday as I need to be at my PC daily
>fail a year at university because I don't go to class
>one year of playing, have no friends, gained a tonne of weight and going to be kicked out of uni
>get overtaken in trading by a guy who is married and has a stable job

Ended up quitting the game and getting myself banned. MMOs are addictive and they want to suck you in so that you spend every waking hour playing.

This still lives though, surprisingly

what are you talking about?
this is what the average Yea Forums poster looks like

Attached: 1565678286852.jpg (640x960, 96K)

Fuck man, don't remind me. Rusty Hearts had like the most indepth PVP for something that looked like shovelware, and PVE was soooo fun as well. And also was one of the most retarded ways for publisher to close a game...

That’s okay anonymous, you’re allowed to have a different opinion than mine.

Just kidding, this is Yea Forums, fuck you nigger eat shit and die

>darkeden

my fucking nigger, that game was a jewel that most people missed, best world pvp right next to Lineage II.

Attached: Viper 52.jpg (492x367, 45K)

i play destiny when i want to chill out for a bit and just play a straightforward, comfy, casual game

when i run out of content, do all the raids and get all the cool weapons that i actually want, i just stop playing

there's not enough time in the world to grind the same few bits of a braindead MMO where mechanical skill isn't really important, it'd drive me crazy

Has nobody mentioned City of Heroes/Villains? Nearly failed my degree because of this game. So many memories...

>creating a hero with the amazing character creator
>travel powers that make you feel like a hero
>interesting classes that made tank/dps/healer redundant
>powers look awesome
>shared, randomised loot
>amazing community
>Literal definition of soul

I miss it...

i wouldnt say literal definition of soul

i played it on release and i frankly thought it was kind of interesting, but also kind of janky as fuck. it was fun for a bit

Mechanical skill isn't what gives MMOs staying power, that's how you end up with braindead dogshit like tera and ff14. Numerical depth is what matters most.

Implying. WoW killed freedom in the genre. The freedom to fuck up your build alone was what made ro great. They just need to make a game that's impossible to datamine and then give the players freedom to figure it out. No party finder, no item lookup, no build min max on day one. Just freedom and player interaction to figure out where your job change is and how to build your character.

>Start ro for the first time
>Mage in Geffen
>No idea what to do or where to go
>Party up with a guy I meet in town
>We kill stuff for a while then decide to see if we can get to the next town he heard was called prontera, to the east
>Get lost and run into wolves
>Eventually make it
It was a blast and nobody will ever experience a real community in mmo today because everything is on rails.

variety, PvP and MASSIVE PvP are what I think makes MMORPGs solid, games like Lineage 2 stood solely on that ground, considering nobody enjoyed killing mobs 98% of the time.

>ff14
>braindead
good luck
>clees.me/guides/ucob/

I don't care about staying power, I care about having a good time. That's why I've been playing Titanfall 2 for the past 2+ years, because despite it being dead and having little prospects for the future, the mechanics are fun as shit.

Warframe has lots of room for build optimization optimism, but I eventually ended up dropping it because I just couldn't stand how the part of the game that was fun for me (the speedy free-form combat) was basically ignored in favor of having the biggest numbers. I already feel occasionally uncomfortable with how much time I spend playing games, spending that much time just playing the same easy missions until I get the big numbers I want with no mechanical improvement involved would drive me nuts.

My first MMO couldn't have significant content patches because the download time for them would have been too much.

Back to bed, lil'zoom.

Attached: dirtydeeds.webm (720x480, 1.34M)

Haven and Hearth. Ruined by Russians and BRs.

Bns with /vg/ for the first year. On the second meetup we maxed out a dungeon waiting room there was so many of us.

Attached: Screenshot_160430_030.jpg (1680x1050, 727K)

neocron
never got to endgame and was never interested in getting there

it was one of those games you can play as just a crafter and do everything you're meant to, to the fullest, without needing to engage in pve shit

>build optimization *autism

man of culture

L2 stay on ground because of slavs. L2 is game where people can make real money. It has braidnead pve and pvp. No idea how people can still play it desu. But well most people who play L2 are scum.

I never played this but this looks like it has soul

>random weapon rolls,
they fucking did? That was literally the biggest problem with it why the fuck did people get mad.

lineage 2/ Latale
youtube.com/watch?v=2sW_yhyY-aY

MMO players like killing time with build optimization. They want that "endgame," playing the same mission 50 times to get their numbers up. For some people that's just their zen.

Dunno really, I had to deal with the south american version of slavs, BRs. There was a huge L2 community down here, I don't think I ever made as many friends in any other MMORPG.

thats the problem.

mmo communities are completely obsessed with min/maxing and powergaming. it was not always like this.

my example, i played dark age of camelot back in 2002-2004. as far as the pve goes, i could really get a group as any class and any spec. i recall just being sometimes an atrocious class/spec/race combo and still get invites to groups.

i tried playing that new phoenix daoc private server that came out months ago... holy shit. to get any group you basically have to be one of four classes out of the twelve for your realm, and the right spec. they literally will wait an hour to get that one class/spec than invite anyone else.

a whole leveling meta exists that actually killed a realm because that realm is now lacking classes and specs that have trouble leveling. everyone is so focused on mixmaxing and power gaming that it's not even fun.

my whole point is that people's perception of mmos has changed too. even if you could prevent datamining and all that people just view it differently, more powergaming and meta and serious buisness-like. the fun is over

You don't get it/care and user just gave his point of view as someone who does
You don't have to read everything on the internet as a direct insult towards you

Playing am Artisan on Rose online has just so much fun.
Crafting masks was pretty damn profitable.

I understand it to a degree but there are better ways of handling it. D1 was fucked hard. I remember either HoW or TTK having two shotguns that completely decimated all of the other ones but only with a specific build, but it was impossible to grind.

Star Trek: Online. I had an acount with a bunch of stuff and I lost the login for it.

Munchkism is not MMO only.
Do people still botting in l2 like crazy?

I remember that game but damn if i didnt have fun playing it.

this
the mmo genre is dead, murdered by it's own players

Which mmorpg's does Yea Forums play?
Currently trying out GW2, but I can't seem to get into it.
I've already tried wow, ffxiv and eso sometime ago for months. But I couldn't stick with any of them.

the thing that gets me with minmaxing culture in rpgs is that it's not like going tryhard in shooters, where ultimately you're on an even playing field and you can kill a good player with a spicy gimmick strat and you always have a shot

in an RPG 90% of what matters is the build before the fight and if you don't have that much interest in planning out your immaculate build and grinding out the necessary kit for it, you're going to be inferior, and you're going to feel it hard while playing with others. It's lame as hell.

L2 had one of the most strict requirements for communication, decision making and team tactics, stretching way beyond just PVP activities out of games without strictly defined PVP mode.
A small, well managed comp could be as efficient as a massive zerg, both in sieges and boss battles.
And one of the most underestimated points of L2 organized play is how much of a factor politics between clans were a factor on whole gameplay.

youtube.com/watch?v=njkKWdB1lQY

>Update
I never actually got "into" maplestory because of all the grind, I just ended up seeing how far I could get through high level zones by platforming. It was pretty fun actually

I don't care if it's a clusterfuck, I'll take checking shops one by one rather than have an auction house.
>find a very expensive item dirt cheap because the guy selling it forgot to add another 0.
The best kind of feel.

Attached: 1315326030259.jpg (529x359, 121K)

Another thing is that you from 2002-2004 could be just "clueless casual". This is possible too. A lot people played MMOs when they were kids. First time. Such adventure, such emotions. Pure emotions. But in they eyes of "veterans" you was noob/casual. You can see same people in modern MMOs. They experience what you experienced back in old days. Such feeling can't be experienced again. You know how everything works.

Attached: 1440985924721.gif (230x268, 1.22M)

Ahh rubera.. Home

BR? Swe? Pl?
Give itens plx

Hunted in main
I know bubble

Let's be honest. In sieges you win not because of skill but because of time you spent in game. Overboost

Be 13 years old. Read Czech PC magazine, the guys that run it play on a cracked czech server and it's free.

Have only a 56k modem rank the bill up so high my mom gets cable internet, can play with no limit.

My mind was so blown...

Attached: IMG_20190423_144955.jpg (2448x3264, 2.34M)

Bruh...

shut up normalfag

Attached: 220px-Vanguard_Saga_of_Heroes.jpg (220x313, 30K)

I don't get why MMOs evolved into that PVE raid nightmare they did..

RO was amazing. PVP was the main end game and you didn't evne need to be max level or have the best gear to compete.

And whats more you had these extremely rare card drops that were like super OP and made the game that much more interesting.

Meanwhile today it's just a fucking on rails exprience.

New raid came out, wow we gotta do it. It's done in a month, let's run it 50 more times so everyone gets their gear, get gear, wow it's so good now I raid better!

Gears obsolete and useless in 2~4 months when next raid comes out and it's purely cosmetic at that point.

Meanwhile in RO your +9 or +10 gear with a good card lasted you YEARS.

have you thanked your mom?

Reddit spacing aside, some of the best MMOs I've played had a strong World PvP component, it created competition and trash talking that made you want to get better and be someone in the virtual hierarchy. That's what MMOs are all about in the end

PSO:BB

around this time is when everything started getting ruined for me
youtube.com/watch?v=n7VAhzPcZ-s

i was so hopeful that VR would give us something like "The World"

that hope is gone.

Attached: Tarvos.JPG.jpg (683x530, 45K)

my cousin asked me to play this game with him, back then. i couldnt cause it required hardware tnl on the video card, and my shitty cpu, celeron with only pci slots, limited me to only being able to find and get radeon 7000 cards, no hardware tnl

youtu.be/tOi-vlzRHEw

50/50, unless you are literally one big clan/alliance that took control over whole server.
When there is more than 2 competent sides for every single siege spot, gear becomes to matter a lot less. Scouting (information), positioning, decisions/commands and, as stupid as it sounds, individual play of key characters (that are usually boosted by whole clan/alliance) are main deciding factors.
Of course if your guild is only one having boss jewellery on farm, pretty much anything else won't matter.

Where did everything go so wrong

Attached: 1D459FC1-DAEF-4D61-986D-F166CAAD8BFC.gif (500x324, 1.7M)

the most wow clone of all wow clones

this.

HOLD THE PHONE

ALLODS?

AS IN THE RUSSIAN NAME FOR RAGE OF MAGES

AS IN THE BEST FUCKING ISOMETRIC RPG EVER FUCKING MADE RAGE OF MAGES 2: NECROMANCER

Didn't know they had an online game, that's pretty sweet. Was it in Russian?

Attached: rage-of-mages-ii-necromancer_14.jpg (640x480, 85K)

GW1 will never be beat. No reason to even mention it here. Mechanics that allowed such a simple, straightforward and rewarding, yet limitlessly deep pvp will never be again accepted as a part of gameplay by modern community.

Too bad the game is dead.

Monster Hunter Frontier

Attached: 71710073_p0.jpg (1920x1200, 1.31M)

this is a pretty good take

the appeal of competitive shooters was actually the simplification of competition in general, instead of being expected to abstract my goals and impose them on a character sheet i'm given two axis and a handful of buttons and the rest is just straight up git gud

in fact i can admit that i really like cawwaduty shooters especially when I'm good enough that you start intentionally using inferior equipment or load outs just to style on people

Wait what ?

>get overtaken in trading by a guy who is married and has a stable job
If this is true then it completely contradicts your point, it's proof that you don't need to dedicate every waking hour to it.

pre-grand exchange runescape

best game ever to be a merchant in. Wanted to try out OSRS until I found out they added that piece of shit to it as well

Attached: alex.jpg (900x539, 51K)

As long as you're having a good time, it's not.

to be fair, all of FFXIV's content outside of EX/savage/ultimate is braindead

i met my first E-girlfriend on eq2
I had my first real friendships on eq2
I found my first guild on eq2
There was so much magic on eq2
But now even the timelocked expansion servers are terrible

Guild Wars please come back. It's the only game I remember playing with my sister and now she's locked away in a mental institution. I miss those days when she would help me level my characters and do missions with me. Back then we shared the same computer so I watched her play the game for hours every day. It's more than a decade ago now.

Perfect World

Definitely WoW during the TBC. Haven't played the game in years but I still hold so many find memories of that time and the game itself was great

Mythic wanted to but EA wanted it out sooner

Anyone else here grew up playing ijji games? I played Gunbound, Gunz & Soldier Front. My childhood summed up.

Attached: ijji.png (418x371, 59K)

Storm Legion was good.

Zoom zoom you fucking retard.

actually retarded

>omg guys can you believe computer data on A DISC?
>wtf is this shit
where's the ((("cloud")))

Attached: 1544612661127.gif (652x562, 626K)

Pre-BB maplestory.

Grand Chase, the non-BR/Filipino infested private server version

WTB Black Dye 500g ;)

Attached: blackdye.png (52x64, 3K)

Don't lose hope anons.

I didn't watch it, but SAO is the same idea, so the concept hadn't faded entirely. We will step through a chaos gate together someday.

WoW all the way up to WotLK but then nothing, and I mean nothing after that.

Chimera...home...

I miss Vindictus man. I was stupid enough to use some fake info when I created my account and after awhile it got hacked and I lost fucking everything since I couldn't remember anything. Couldn't get myself to play again after that.

same

>that time when NA had their first summer event in FF11
>literally entire server not worrying about all the HNMLS drama and your average feuds and backstabbings just to go scooping in the water and watching the fireworks

ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Summerfest_2004

youtube.com/watch?v=kq-c4M7lbnE

Attached: file.png (415x100, 110K)

Bro you should trim those nails, how ya gonna lift with dainty hands like that?? Sad bro

Played the fuck out of GunZ and Wolfenstein Enemy Territory throughout my childhood. Also any sort of source mod/standalone shit on moddb.

Attached: 1555195911678.jpg (750x750, 69K)

ok anons recommend me some mmorpgs to play i never was interested in them but i liked mmo such as league dota etc

Kids these days are seriously brain damaged. My brother is 10yrs younger than me and 15yo, he plays csgo all the time and watched YT on the balance. Total brain rot. Doesn't think.

I played wow through school from 04 to 09 and had a blast being an officer in a guild at 14 as a resto shammy in bc. It was fuckkin awesome.

Now I manage a small team in a qatari oil and gas firm. It's fun and challenging. But I will never forget my time playing wow and getting a taste for teamwork and cooperation when I was 15.

This is something my bro will never have, because if yt was around proper back in my days I would have quit wow the second it got hard.

Just hedonistic, empty headed zoomers.

Attached: 1564525579186.gif (599x685, 851K)

I started playing during the first Sunbreeze Festival
It was magical
I'll never forget the fireworks and music playing at night while I was out killing Rabbits and Worms

>gameplay wise 2012 was most fun for me
same.
i lived in Syndicate around 2011~2013 and it was a good couple of years of piracy, small gang pvp and fun shenanigans.
I've tried playing Eve again since but it's just not the same, what with everyone and their dog having multiple Supers now thanks to the industrial Citadel being overpowered as fuck.

There was something just so comfy about Hurricane/Drake fleets.

Attached: 1563577500097.png (768x960, 315K)

Can't wait for disks to completely die off in a few years. Your time is done faggots.

Attached: 1542425342237.gif (268x325, 1.96M)

Phoneposters

tfw the average user is half half my age

I played this shitty f2p called bots, it didnt have a hub world but you cleared dungeons with randoms and at the end some loot dropped. Anyway the game was objectively bad and filled my poor winxp with malware, but i still miss it.

>zoomer expectations
maximum retardation

Your party was composed of bots ran by SQE so noone can ever complain about dungeon wait time.