I played the original Witcher for the first time. It was very enjoyable...

I played the original Witcher for the first time. It was very enjoyable. I have a couple questions I want to ask before moving on to Witcher 2.

Was Jaques supposed to be Alvin?
Something called The Wild Hunt came up a few times and I know it's the name of the next game. Are they directly related or just about the same subject matter?
I also am curious what some of the other ending choices result in. I chose to side with The Order and am curious what siding with Squirrels results in.

Attached: witcher.jpg (639x361, 30K)

Yes. Now go and play the sequal and realize how shit it actually is.

How many of my choices and other things carry over with my save to the sequel?

>Was Jaques supposed to be Alvin?
There is an obscure side quest in Witcher 3 which answers your question.
The answer is yes.

Importing saves in all witcher games have minor impacts. At best, you get a 5 minute sidequest or not.

That's a rather important thing relating to 1. Does 3 kind of put aside the previous games for its own independent story?

>Something called The Wild Hunt came up a few times and I know it's the name of the next game. Are they directly related or just about the same subject matter?
Yes but don't expect something interesting, the wild hunt reveal is the most disappointing thing about witcher 3 and that game is just disappointment in a big AAA package

Ok. I'll temper my expectations. The Alvin reveal being an obscure side quest makes it seem Witcher 1 doesn't tie much into the later games.
Does siding with the Order have any affect such as Siegfred returning?

Yes.
Witcher 2 does the same as well.
That's why people play just Witcher 3 or Witcher 2 first and encounter no problems.

Decisions from Witcher 1 carry over to Witcher 2
Decisions from Witcher 2 carry over to Witcher 3
But no decision from Witcher 1 carries over to Witcher 3

Abigail best girl

>Does siding with the Order have any affect such as Siegfred returning?
Yes, but nothing that will significally impact the playthrough.

>doing anything but neutral in TW1
I bet you killed the vampire prostitutes too huh faggot?

I spared the prostitutes. How does the game change if you stay neutral or side with the elves?

I can tell you what kind of effects the Witcher 1 choices will have on 2, spoilers ahead
If you went Order (Wich you did) you'll meet Siegfried later on in the 2nd game. Foltest will have a few lines of dialogue about his daughter if you saved her. Your gear carries over. Thaler may or may not have a message for you depending on wether he lived or not. Some random NPCs in the streets will reference your actions from the 1st game "Hey you're the guy that slaughtered the outskirts?"

You kind of side with civlians, so you fight BOTH forces at the end, especially in the emegency hospital

Of course I did, I fucked them before slaughtering them with my Order bros. I bet you're an elven sympathizer

I dunno Abigail's kind of a bitch (still spared her). If we're talking about 1st game girls than obviously the best one is the Dryad

What happens to Siegfried in neutral? Do you have to kill him like the elf leader? He was basically half the reason I ever sided with The Order.

If you go neutral you can spare both Yaevinn and Siegfried. We don't really know what happens to them afterwards. The 2nd game assumes you killed Siegfried and he's not the Grand-Master if you picked the neutral ending in 1 so he probably dies fighting somebody else.

>so he probably dies fighting somebody else.
Screw that. He was a bro. Seems Order was a good call for me.

Remember, the only people who picked Neutral are "Enlightened Centrists" and the only """"people"""" who picked the elves are Sóy infested nu-males and literal women. Order is the chad's path of choice.

Attached: ROSENTEARS.png (830x916, 279K)

I forgot how cathartic slaughtering all the obnoxious quest givers at the end of chapter 1 is

Attached: The Witcher Screenshot 2019.08.15 - 02.07.21.97.png (1920x1080, 3.36M)

I wish Sseth made a review of the game, atleast that way we'd get newfags in Witcher 1 threads.

I know, this is why i wanted to replay the game and side with the order but Witcher 2 gameplay fucking bore me to death and the weight limit literally made me rage, as they are hidden bonuses that unlock only if you do certain thing/choices.
Like saving that guy from the prologue, it extend your fucking weight limit by 50. for no apparent reason. or destroying dummies gives you a permanent boost on exp gain
The game looking awful in the swamp looking village doesn't help a lot either.

I started a third playthrough of 1 today and have done most of 3 twice. I have absolutely no desire to ever go back to 2 though, it lacks the freedom and comfy eurojank vibe of 1 while not reaching the technical achievement and sheer scale of 3. It just feels like a 7th gen console game in all the worst ways

All 3 Witcher games are very separated from each other, almost like a new series each time. The choices that carry have almost no impact and are brushed aside. The tone of the games and entire characetrs are forgotten or brought back up but with almost no relation to the past.

You should see each game as its own thing basically.

I only did the Ioverth path but I still want to replay it to see the Roche part, as they are technically two completely different games content wise but damn it's making hard for me.

Witcher 2 is so shit I can't force myself through it. Loved the first one but I'll probably never manage to get through the others.

it has console-like gameplay so of course you hated it

so Yea Forums, vanilla game or Rise of the White Wolf?
Having played normal Witcher about 5 times and only recently played a ROTWW version I have to say I preffer the modded version of the game to the vanilla one.

vanilla, that mod sucks

Skip it and play 3 then, it's worth it. 2 is just the worst in the series. Depending on your taste you may not like 3 as much as 1 (though I personally believe it's the besta dn I loved 1), but it's certainly a match and better than 2.

WHO WON??

Attached: 1.png (962x697, 49K)

WHO'S NEXT?

Attached: 2.png (962x697, 97K)

Worth it. Roche is a superbro, who can watch my back anytime.

Vanilla 100%

do you really need to ask? Take one look at that amateur looking HUD. TW2 and 3 have their own good aesthetic but trying to recreate it in a completely different game looks like shit.

Attached: 669-2-1423674295.jpg (1920x2160, 991K)

>the sequel is actually worse