Starsector

Starsector thread

Attached: swp_boss_falcon_surface.png (152x208, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xFGfWrJR5Ck
mega.nz/#!HLRn1YyS!4vF9rzrTVZCKpH3n17h4oPzyjrcaqIdWKBHm1AOrysk
mega.nz/#!fXYnkIba!2VaQVC1mc-7Tnj1UVSK3aiZjNKROXO6kG8pax9b4764
dropbox.com/s/f5iwvpkorznlo88/strings.json?dl=0
www100.zippyshare.com/v/CflLTxHm/file.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is 1.0 done yet?

>boss falcon
Whoa, what mod is that from?

Can you tell me how to successfully start a colony?

I have 2 million bucks but no powerful fleet

back to your general
I'm so fucking upset sour grapes because I can't play this shit on my craptop since it shits itself during combat and the fps dips below 20 lkshadkjahskjdahskjdasd

Youll need at least a couple cruisers to defend your colony while it grows so your fleet needs some strength.

The most important part of a colony is its resources, a 100% hazard world isnt worth shit if its only got sparse ore and adequate farmland. Its a good base for your upkeep hungry industries if you have another planet rich in resources like a volcanic.

check the catalog before making a thread

tried lowering battle size in options?
performance is really dependent on on number of ships
also avoid swarmer missles

>tried lowering battle size in options?
This was the tutorial battle with three ships. I even downloaded graphicslib and disabled a bunch of shit and it still craps itself.

Sell me on Star Control Origins anons. Is it good? Does it live upto the expectations created by Star Control II?

have you edited the amount of ram the game uses?
vmparams

Not that guy but when I did that the game refused to open.

Ship and Weapon pack.
Heavy Industry and Fuel Production for $$$. Also making an Orbital Station and then a Patrol HQ should be your first priorities.
Nah, we are on 0.9.1 now.
Don't tell me what to do

Bumpie wumpie

Bumped again

Just let it die, it's the fate of star sector threads. We'll be back with a new update.

I hope next big update will come soon

ok which Star Fortress is the best?

well lads this is it.

Attached: the last stand.jpg (1366x1348, 305K)

How tf do you get started in this game? 9/10 bars I visit have 0 missions available and I'm not powerful enough to fight anything and I mean anything.

nigga u ded

buy low sell high explore in between

not anymore. there have been nonstop threads since sseth´s video
I can actually discuss the game for once so can't complain

Run drugs like a space hispanic.

>555 top speed
DO YOU LIKE
MY CAR

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 593K)

How much money would you recommend I have at hand to start?

A million at the very least, and then you would have to invest almost all your money into the colony.

What is the best Legion loadout for long range combat?

This is the same as with a new update release. Lots of threads on Yea Forums for a couple weeks
Threads start to slow down
Threads die before they hit bumb limit
/vg/ threads die
no threads
update
repeat

drop repair unit and some cap for a couple of big guns and fuck some Onslut with them

This is an understandable cycle for lesser known games though, you can't talk about the same 5 things forever.

Is it worth it to get commissioned by a faction just to buy some battlecruisers?

Attached: 1332529773001.jpg (246x278, 14K)

Fighting isn't profitable in this game unless you fight for something. Even bounties aren't worth it after the initial few.
Smuggle drugs or something until you can aford a defective Dram and at least a few freighters, 70k total should be enough. Then go do exploration. Derelict ships, probes, planet surveys, etc.

Station is 250
Patrol HQ is 300

>get commissioned
>buy shit
>decommission
don't see the problem :^)

>tfw found all 3 guaranteed Legions
>tfw one of them is in pristine condition
>tfw flying the 3(D) one instead because its upkeep is down to 16 supplies per month
How do I stop being a kike?

not a bad start

Attached: starting out.jpg (924x768, 105K)

eventually it will obviously, but for now I'm still seeing threads reaching bump limit. I will enjoy it while it lasts
I'm testing a few setups for now, but I don't have any weapon mindblowing enough with the mods that are updated right now. I have been thingking about doing a solo run with this ship, but I still have no answer for fighters, trying some setups with missiles to see how it goes
onslaughts fall like floes tho, no need for anything special

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 962K)

I wish someone would make separate tier-list for AI-controlled and flagship spacecraft.
AI can't control some ships at all.

and it's about time

Attached: here we go.png (274x222, 28K)

Attached: b1e39y3w6gg31.png (960x540, 131K)

don't know about the mod, ama vanilla player, but i would put something like Sabot missile and antimatter blaster

Building up a decent combat fleet from the starting exploration cruiser/tanker/light carrier is really hard

Yea, you shouldn't do it.

dont bother fighting anything early on. depending on what your starting fleet is you want to just do the dockside bar trading stuff/accpeting trade missions between worlds. then you want to pool enough credits to buy some fuel tankers/freighters and go exploring. ideally you want to come across research stations/caches/derelict ships/terran planets for later colonization. alpha cores sell to the try tachs for bank and it's absolutely worth selling the initial ones you find

your starting fleet just determines how far along this path you are, with explorer (the one with the high tech cruiser) being the furthers, which is able to set off for the outer worlds almost immediately. the bounty hunter is kinda fun for picking off pirate fleets and is the quickest way to level your character + officer up, if that's what you want to do.

Do I have to start with a mining colony or can I just immediately jump into heavy industry and rely on imported materials? My plan is to have heavy industry first, military base second, then start a second colony for mining, to be safe from pirates.

No it’s shit

>Sabot missile
a bit limited in ammo, I was looking for reloading types. when you are taking on entire fleets limited ammo is a real concern
>and antimatter blaster
that's a large energy slot tho, not small. it's a super secret mod frigate so it gets pretty insane

in terms of weapons I'm using the equivalent of a vanilla tachyon lance x1.5

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 1.02M)

How do I defend myself from pirates and remnant then?

split up

Attached: screenshot023.png (1366x768, 292K)

notice my flank

Attached: screenshot025.png (1366x768, 273K)

retreat and try to cut him off

Attached: screenshot027.png (1366x768, 297K)

realize my colony is cucking me

Attached: screenshot028.png (1366x768, 293K)

I never see the tier lists show exact loadouts with officer skills and personality used, and that's far more important. Just run some tests with available the loadouts you have available in simulator.

and there we have it

Attached: screenshot030.png (1366x768, 214K)

Thanks to you and the others who replied. Yeah that was my plan- i just want to explore as much as poss but whenever I get near anything tasty like a derelict or research station its defended by remnant or pirates. Is the trick to just stealth around them somehow?

Ok, stick close to the capital, have the fighters thin down their ranks, the buffalo mk2 and the frigates are prime targets as they'll fall easily leaving you with less stuff to worry about

operation get behind the darkies

Attached: screenshot031.png (866x485, 164K)

aaaaaaaand they're behind me...

Attached: screenshot032.png (624x512, 151K)

>pick bh start
>do the tutorial and get the free 2nd hammerhead
>kit it out exactly like the 1st
>you now have 2 ships capable of going toe to toe with ships much larger
>get 2 wolves somehow for chasing faster targets and splitting up bigger fleets
>hang around systems with pirate bases, patrols are much easier to kill than pirates that target convoys
>do deliveries in between

ez money

>and antimatter blaster
>that's a large energy slot tho
no its not

Attached: screenshot008.png (422x556, 111K)

meant mercenary start

going into a clinch with some of their small stuff that split away.
good start

Attached: screenshot033.png (609x476, 148K)

the ship weapon slot is large, that's what I meant. no point in putting a small weapon with short range and limited ammo when I can fuck shit up from afar

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 1.01M)

and here's the spread. got a nice flank coming up and should be able to cut them off and burn them down

Attached: screenshot035.jpg (1366x768, 90K)

>mfw using the odyssey's plasma burn to propel smaller annoying ships out of combat

Attached: 1538992380882.gif (275x195, 187K)

you got this

just as i pulled the flank back feeling it was overextending i see this.
fucking surrounded
gg

Attached: screenshot037.png (602x554, 147K)

pulling myself out of the hole

Attached: screenshot038.png (589x547, 215K)

you should be able to solo it all with a legion

>one of your destroyers camp right in front of your paragon line of fire
>the ship we're engaging manages to retreat
>it's the bugged blade breaker carrier which makes sure you don't win if it manages to retreat because the game thinks there is still a ship in combat even though there isn't (the flourish frigate also has this bug due to dual shield system)
>have to do a full retreat while waiting for the paragon to move all the way across the map

I dismissed the officer right afterwards

Attached: 1547405575419.png (300x250, 80K)

He's got D-mods though

I don't know if the user who asked in the other thread is here, but here are the other ones:

Attached: dbq1apd-20bc8657-d2f4-49eb-b9b0-08705c8a45af.png (900x1170, 371K)

And the last one

Attached: charybdis_chan_by_mshadowy_d7evk3n-pre.png (957x835, 703K)

well......shit

Attached: screenshot039.png (399x376, 90K)

(plus the first that was posted there if anyone needs it for reasons)

Attached: mimir_tan_by_mshadowy_dby7s1x-pre.png (849x941, 513K)

What's the most modded factions you can add without completely breaking the game?
Is 15 reasonable? I want chaos, but playable chaos.

I AM HERE
thanks user

thanks bro my dick is diamonds

Attached: 14797213779990.png (1000x1000, 1.05M)

Not lewd enough

LET'S DANCE YOU FUCKING NIGGERS

Attached: screenshot041.jpg (1366x768, 135K)

i have some old ones

Attached: ISS Gemini q.jpg (2568x2202, 2.06M)

Fair enough

Attached: the_attack_by_mshadowy_dajffvb-fullview.jpg (1024x576, 75K)

Attached: ISS Gemini.jpg (2100x2720, 2.17M)

Look at this sexy beast!

Attached: karkinos_by_mshadowy_d80lmt1.png (1238x744, 783K)

godspeed user

I had to face one of those in combat once

The sound it makes is freaking terrifying

goin all right lads

Attached: screenshot046.png (1243x686, 526K)

goin pretty good indeed

Attached: screenshot047.png (562x454, 182K)

I convinced myself that SS devs are somehow related to Space Rangers devs and now waiting for text quests.

I believe in you

Fuck pirates and fuck luddic """people"""

Text quests in this game is something I've bugged alex about for years.

*teleports behind your flagship*
pshh, nothin personnel captain

It's from StopGap Measure

anyone figure out how to speed up structure building time? ive messed with some values in game files but it didnt work. its probably do-able with cheat engine or similar software though.

can someone tell me what to do after you do the red planet mission and hoard multiple millions. ive got couple planets and everything in the game. really thought there would be SOME story or am i missing something? It is a great game. but, after what, nine years in development i was expecting more on the story side.

well i must say if the rail gun keep thumpin we should be all right.
here's hoping i get some time to repair before the next fleet sweeps in

Attached: screenshot052.jpg (1366x768, 151K)

wipe out the [REDACTED]

it's space mount and blade
you make the stories
adding a story campaign would kinda ruin the point
also the lore is pretty cool, kinda wish there was more tho

You need to dive deep into the abandoned outer planets, with salvage ships and skills. Survey every planet, answer hails if you see any, keep an eye out on fuel. You'll start piecing it together eventually...

Attached: screenshot062.png (1207x652, 669K)

Really wish somebody made a bioweapon alien faction, sth like Gauna from Sidonia no Kishi.

so I watched sseth video like many others and decided to give it a go reminding the good old days of space ranger 2.

I'm still at the tutorial and damn this game has a lot of shit to do.
Are the "text based missions" a thing throughout the game or are they completely over after the tutorial?

How should I spend my skill points at the beginning?

I was thinking of scavenging mostly until I can afford a good ship probably. Is it a viable way of playing?

Also meme aside what's a good way to get some income going on at the start of the game?

How the fuck do I outfit Legion?
I'm doing scavange-only run and I've found one in the bumfuck nowhere. I have like 3 Hammerheads, 2 Wolves, a Sunder and this big fat fuck. I didn't even find/loot a cruiser yet.

right now there aren't that many, just 2 in vanilla

The ship and weapon pack, I believe, increases this by one.

Huh, why? What did they do wrong?

UPON THIS ROCK I SHALL BUILD MY CHURCH!!!

Attached: screenshot057.jpg (684x675, 98K)

Man this really makes me want to destroy all her turret segments and have high impact sex with her

>install nexrelin mod
>join hegemony
>do nothing for 2 years straight but speed up the game
>accumulate over 4 million credits by just being part of hegemony and trading supplies between 2 worlds
now i have a fleet of 6 onslaughts and i autowin every battle. seems too easy

you goddamn right

Attached: lyboi bidon praimary.jpg (987x1200, 189K)

Thanks for the replies! are you both talking about the rogue AI/remenant? ive seen like 1 or 2 stations that they have. im remebering the distress calls in sseths vid and i have not done those. I will though

It is mostly made by one guy. Come on man, I barely encounter any sort of bug in this game and the lack of story content supposedly will be in the next annual update. As long as the base game is solid, its good enough for me. Despite that, I will agree with you. The game is getting too big and lacks the details on those fronts especially the story.

>away from colonies exploring
>factions are seething over my income
>launch expeditions
>they get assblasted by patrols
>I lose reputation for it
this shit is really pissing me off

Attached: reply [dumb frogposter] or your mother dies in her sleep tonight.jpg (230x219, 8K)

If you kill your enemies, they win.

Attached: screenshot008.png (1920x1080, 1.25M)

Well fought, user.

>go on an exploration mission
>come back to my system, some cunts invaded and captured my factions homeworld
>buy 1k marines in next station over and recapture it
now it has 5/4 industries, heavy industry AND orbital works. what gives, does having two of the same give me anything? like if i upgrade the HI and have 2 OW, do i get anything out of that?

Attached: colony.png (1606x925, 2.07M)

also
>recapture the homeworld
>"reputation with your faction reduced by 25"
u wot

>Blade breaker ships
Is there a way to get them without cheating?
I used to find some as derelicts until that got patched out.

Does anyone have a link to the lore of the blade breakers?

I found nothing in game except that they are cunts who attack everything they see.

You mean the BBWWRWLRLWRLWRLWRWLRWBWRW
CRASHHHHHHHHHHH

more like fagsector
seriously you can have 100 relations with a faction and they still attack your colonies what the fuck
hell you can be commissioned by them and they will attack

nah but their ships are cool as fuck. I just modified the files so you can scavenge them after combat. So I would take trips into hell to look for some Warlocks

Nope. There are a couple shit versions of two ships that are available to the player, but that's it.

>I just modified the files so you can scavenge them after combat
What kind of modification did you perform? I'd appreciate a tutorial unless it's too much effort.

>hell you can be commissioned by them and they will attack
That got patched out in the latest version, I think

MOMMY LEGION ALWAYS TAKES CARE OF ME

HER CAVERNOUS HANGAR

HER PAIR OF LARGE TURRETS

HER MASSIVE BURN DRIVE

I LOVE LEGION-CHAN!

Added question, can I actively make patrol fleets by dumping ships in storager or something? Or is it just all AI-generated

>burn both Path and Church to ashes on it's own holy fire >break the cores of the Tri-tach's AI overlords to bits and grind them to dust
>Rain on the MChegemonyTM and thier Red Bull's OnslaughtsTM and litter the southeast of the core worlds with it.
>Repeat for the League and let Askonia and the Sindrian Lion starve in isolation and the wind and time turn thier feats and identity to dust
>hunt every pirate for sport, teach every remnant the concept of fear, then use it's cores as metal scrap
>Bring a Dark Age upon the Core Worlds
>BURN THE WORLD AND REIGN IT'S ASHES
it's kinda fun tbqh senpai

WHATS THE BEST LEGION LOADOUT

I've already landed tho

Attached: screenshot063.png (1920x1080, 1M)

payback time bitches

Attached: screenshot058.jpg (1366x1031, 199K)

patrol strength is defined by blueprints you've learned, patrol HQ level, and if you have heavy industry on any of your colonies. It gets a bonus if you have a nanoforge

F

Better raise that yellow flag

In the mod folder for DME hulls folder theres a excel sheet called Ship_hulls. So scroll down and you will find a section for the Blade Breakers and scroll to the right under the "hints" column and you will find lines like UNBOARDABLE, HIDE_IN_CODEX, PHASE. Just delete UNBOARDABLE and you will be set. I left unboardable for ship modules like on the Warlock and Guardian

Attached: 21345.jpg (421x437, 45K)

kn*ghts in 0.9 when

if nobody is gonna post it i will!

Attached: 1558702211206.webm (456x720, 365K)

wrong webm fuck

Attached: 1558625313038.webm (980x551, 2.74M)

>luddic pilot training programs

>wrong webm
on the contrary

post more of those

youre worhsiping the wrong mommy

Attached: Paragon.jpg (1293x1320, 332K)

get an alpha core and just make an orbital station as your first defence!! I cried tears of joy seeing that thing oblitarating everyone

>warp out of system
>a massive fleet already in emergency burn mode just appears right on top of you with no warning
haha epic

Game tells you if there are hostile fleets near the jump point. With a blaring alarm and everything.

I've not been caught by huge fleets once.

I literally just told you that there was no warning
I LITERALLY typed it out for you

well i dont have much more but take this snek as a special one just for you user

Attached: 1562396919933.webm (720x1280, 1.82M)

how much would it take to make a starsector mod for homeworld?

Attached: fuhrer homeworld.jpg (810x456, 71K)

the mothership looks weird from a birds eye view

It's literally impossible unless there are mods that fuck with the mechanic which I doubt

There was one some versions back but it's died now

How's this for first group of mods now I'm done with vanilla? I've heard mixed things about Nexerelin, stating it's either GOAT or that one faction just tends to snowball

Attached: first mods.png (618x318, 24K)

Then I guess you're just wrong.

You have barely added anything m8

Will I be able to enjoy this videogame if I'm incapable of understanding economic systems more complicated than Fable?

I'm not sure exactly what distance the enemy fleet has to be from the jump point in order for the warning to show up.

If you have a massive fleet it takes a couple of seconds for your fleet to materialize on the other side and the pirate fleet could have EB'd as soon as he started to pop in to hyperspace

One thing that happened to me was a pirate armada that had just surfed a hyperspace storm ambusing me at insane speeds. I didn't even have time to save my game and got fucked

The perseans tend to gain a massive advantage in nex, yeah

maybe next year

Sure, you can get away with just buying low and selling high

Thank you user.

>peremohy
hohols please leave

Trade and bounties are you go to until you can get a commission and/or your own colony. Then even more trade. Trade breaks the game when you're selling shit worth hundreds of thousands.

Any good Star Trek mods for Starsector yet?

youtube.com/watch?v=xFGfWrJR5Ck

yap, first get 10 mil in the bank, second scout out a system with 1 habitable 1 cryo and 2 low hazard worlds, third colonize said worlds all at once, your hab planet should be a food & organic planet your cryo should be your fuel planet and the low hazard should be your industry, try to get as many alpha cores as possible and never use them as administrators have fun!

As newfag from sseth, when was the last big annual update (0.9 I assume), and would that make the next big one 1.0?

have you ever seen the sight of 15 missle cruisers unload on the hegemonys face user? neither have I, I only got a blue screen.

The nemy fleet is far enough from the gate not to trigger the warning, they already have burn drive maxed out due to chasing something else, the second they see you come out of the gate they switch to targeting you and close the distance before you can accelerate. It's rare, but it happens.

Newbie here, What should I be getting more of in my fleet to be able to fight off the remnants guarding these survey ships I've found? I can win but it results in heavy losses. More Frigates? More Big boys?
I excluded the freighters and tankers that are supporting the fleet.

Attached: file.png (1240x942, 521K)

eagles with hypervelocity drivers in the front and phase lances in the back

Carriers. Carriers, carriers. Remnants are notoriously weak against carriers.

You mean the [redacted] or the things actually guarding the survey probe/ship?

Redacted will need cruisers and even capital ships depending on the warning beacon.

The automated drones defending probes and survey ships can by killed by pretty much everything. They don't even have shields so missiles and explosive weapons will wreck them.

Everything is notoriously weak to carrier spam honestly.

>As newfag from sseth
I am in the same boat as you though. For your question, I don't know. Maybe November or December this year judging from his previous 0.9 release last year. Will it be 1.0 as in a complete game? Doubtful, as I said, its missing a lot details, story, diplomacy, special events, job variety, things to spice up your monotonous galaxy faring experience. 0.10 will be a more realistic expectation (I know the version number is wrong but you get the point).

Probes are easy pickings but survey ships and the Red Planet are too much for me currently.

At least other factions have point defense. Remnants pretty much rely entirely on their own drones to deal with fighters.

>survey most of the galaxy
>still can't decide on the system to colonize
I'm gonna roll the wheel and colonize a random 100% planet. Wish me luck.

you know you don't have to have all of your colonies in the same system?

where my wanzerbros at

Its better to colonize a system with multiple 125-175 planets with good resources than it is to colonize a system with one 100% planet and nothing else.

Reason being that each planet will spawn defense fleets and they will supply each other with the resources they are missing.

>you don't have to have all of your colonies in the same system?
No, thank you. Babysitting one system from pirate raids every 2 months is enough busy work for me.

is there anything wrong in loading my onslaught with point defense on it's sides and leaving the big damage guns for the front?

>a system with multiple 125-175 planets with good resources
There isn't one in my sector. It's either full 200+ with rich ores or full 125- with zero resources. All I wanted was a system with one habitable planet under 125 and one ore rich planet under 250, and there literally isn't one in the entire galaxy.

see if you have multiple planets in a single system, any raid or inspection fleet will get curbstomped by your patrols

Read the conversation, for fucks sake. I'm telling the other guy that I don't want to colonize multiple systems because I want all my pirate defenses in one place and then you tell me the EXACT SAME THING. Thanks a lot, man.

What's all the hubub about the New Galactic Order mod? I tried it, their ships seem a bit underpowered and the writing is infantile at times but not extremist enough to warrant it being deleted.

Do you have the original or censored version?

I have the one from the pastebin, don't think the original is even compatible with the current version. How bad was it?

Devs didn't want a SJW shitstorm I guess.

That mod was low quality shit anyway.

pretty conservative folder, go ahead if you don't really want anything else.
desu I would add ship/weapon pack so that your second run has some new ships besides the ludds, it's a pretty balanced mod that is focused in complementing vanilla. also has god tier sprites. it doesn't actually add any new factions if that's your concern, just adds stuff to the existing stuff and gives them some flavour

Well, it's mostly the same: a bunch of military types managed to create the "best, most prosperous society in mankind's history" after "an old terran ideology", but the non censored version includes historical Nazi cabinet members, SS imagery and historical labor camps.

Attached: heyheypeople.png (741x159, 179K)

That's what I said, except it has a tendency to be a little OP in my experience.

The worst part is that the now deleted mod thread consisted of nothing but weebtrannies attacking ahne and him stating he didn't think these discussions were constructive or relevant.

Basically
>Ahne makes a mod with some pretty mild NSDAP references
>mods and 10000+ post users bitch and kvetch
>ahne complies with their demands and removes the offensive elements
>years pass but the thread still gets pointless butthurt comments full of insults with no real subtance or criticism
>suddently, out of nowhere, mods delete the mod thread citing moral objections (you can literally nuke billions of people in this game if you want but black and red ships is somehow crossing the line)

spoilering because I'm tired of beating a dead horse
some ships named after concentration camps if I remember correctly, along other things like some descriptions.
it was not a mod I liked both in looks and story but honestly the response from the other mod creators was fucking embarrassing to watch

>posting in the mod's thread in the forums gifs of nazi stuff getting blown up and pics in-game of saturation bombardments on the faction
jesus

Attached: spine leaked.png (109x44, 9K)

I'm sure Ahne posting
>Remember to purge the degenerates. :)
Had nothing to do with it.

>Putting code in your mod that crashes the game if ran alongside NGO
>Menu tips about MUH SPACE NAZIS BETTER OFF DEAD OR UNINSTALLED LMAO
why are starsector modders so petty

RIP Mandy's spine.

Their ships might be underpowered, but their weapons aren't. Excellent flux to damage ratios and range.

They're people. Most people are incredibly petty and insecure.

Raid the pirates with cheap marines and smuggle tons of goods to that one luddic path planet that has shortages of everything.

*Yawns*

Don't know what are you talking about.
I can't kill a single station because dual flak cannons just yeet my carriers fighters without breaking a sweat.

>forum drama

im glad forums are dead

anyone know why my faction dont show in the faction submenu?
how i can check their relations with everyone?

stop using talons

Mass murder is OK as long as it's not based on ethnic lines.

Attached: 1fja6k.jpg (600x600, 29K)

>*blocks your fleet's path*
>*slaps your carrier's ass*
what do?

Attached: red titan starsector.png (1230x747, 614K)

load last save point

>Ctrl+backspace
Heh, nuffin personnel... kid
>nuke

>more weapon slots than entire fleets

What do you mean? you and your faction are the same entity and therefore whatever your rep is your faction has the same rep

>For every second a Starsector Thread exists we don't have a smash leak thread
JANNIES DELEGATE THEM TO THE /vg/ BOARD. I NEED MY LEAK THREAD

Attached: 1550203690692.png (644x800, 43K)

>32 large missile hardpoints

Attached: 1553584819706.jpg (530x669, 95K)

...what mod? This shit crazier than fucking Approlight.

>Get Galatia Complete and Approlight translated by just DM-ing the kind members
Forums can eat a dick. The modders are chill, the moderators, not so much, they really let power get to their heads with this lol

Attached: 1565192086885.gif (368x368, 3.06M)

>There isn't one in my sector.

Motherfucker, I surveyed my entire fucking map and there wasn't a single habitable world in the entire galaxy outside the core and the only planets with sub 175 Hazard were in systems with neutron stars. No jungle worlds. No arid worlds. No terran worlds. Just barren, or bombed out, or irradiated, or some form of massive volcanic activity.

My advice: get the Command Console mod, find a system you like, and edit the planet you want to be habitable. Fucking terraforming should be an option in the game, anyway.

Which mod did that so that I know to avoid it? I got the 0.9.1 compatible version and I'd rather avoid whichever modder did the petty shit.

Story points might make shit like that a reality.

probably the varya sector nigger

Kadur Remnant.
Why the fuck would you write SPACE!Turks as fucking AnComs instead of Ottomanesque anyway?

>Fucking terraforming should be an option in the game, anyway.
All terraforming tech was lost in the collapse
At best all you have left is whatever was left after the gates died

Fucking Denuvo.

>have neither of their mods installed
Today is a good day.
And holy fuck, it's just a videogame, if you hate it just put them in the game and beat them, what's with this faggy behavior? Did they never grow out of their mothers' basements?

Attached: 1561858641095.jpg (1280x960, 271K)

That's humans for you.

It was Dassault you retards
Note: was

>All terraforming tech was lost in the collapse

The entire concept of "we forgot how to do stuff" is the most lazy, hackneyed, and bullshit excuse ever. You really expect me to believe these motherfuckers remember how to build hyperspace drives and plasma cannons, but robots that grow algae and scrub radiation off of rocks is too complicated for them to figure out?

Horseshit.

are all these threads made by the devs?

I settled for Archipelago and Alkaline and Gas Giant with plentiful volatiles and floating platform in the same system. Those planets are pretty worth it especially in one place. If there's one thing I learned, NEVER take a system with a solo planet. It's not worth it for shit.

Also, Alpha Cores are the best harem. Fuck Heg-cucks and their low-tech rustbuckets.

Attached: 1565460496085.png (735x586, 33K)

>You really expect me to believe these motherfuckers remember how to build hyperspace drives and plasma cannons
Because they don't. They have the blueprints to have machines construct those things but without them they can't do shit on their own. Everything is based of blueprints.

>You really expect me to believe these motherfuckers remember how to build hyperspace drives and plasma cannons

They literally don't, speedreader.

>Uninstalled recently because of the jarring designs
Yeah that mod was shit too

>robots that grow and manipulate biomatter and air constitution are too complicated
Obviously, life is the construct of God, and I doubt we'd be able to recreate life anytime soon.

user the sector is essentially place filled with Mexicans, Indians, Mulattos and Jarheads.
They never know how to build it in first place and what technology was left to them after gate collapse is full of DRM and other nasty shit.

Attached: gate.png (964x319, 201K)

This, the reason the collapse became so horrible is because everyone was essentially living on domain UBI

Gibs runs out and riots ensues

>125% Terran world in Duzahk
that's silly

Wait, so how do those blueprints work? How come I "consume" the blueprints when I use them?

>finally find a terran
>its right next to a remnants nexus

Attached: 1363173134592.gif (179x160, 1.25M)

Why are all bounties filled with a shitload of cruisers or battleships?

Attached: 1549430109984.jpg (1273x720, 113K)

>"My god! how did you turn this lifeless, rocky wasteland world into a thriving new Eden?"
>"I planted trees."
>"WITCH! HE'S A WITCH! CALL THE HEDGEMONY! WIIIIIITCH!"

Where's your God now?

Attached: colossi.webm (960x540, 1.52M)

Because they know you can take'em

Attached: colossi.webm (960x540, 908K)

Whats the problem? Sounds like an issue thats easy to fix
You arent scared of a little battlestation are you user?

You give it to your factory and it automatically does the rest. You don actually "learn" them.

You don't even know how your own computer or a phone works and what capacitor does what, you think people would know how to handle spaceships and FTL, especially in a period of great economical and social turmoil? You have no idea how fragile is the know-how of advanced technology.

>AI Core*
Witches would be godsend for the the filthy Luddites. Fuck Hegemony, fuck Ludds and FUCK SINDRIAN DIKTAT

Attached: 1556970943080.jpg (905x881, 266K)

I just started fresh so I have no ships. I had to leave everything behind just to escape too.

Attached: 1525913977521.png (549x473, 142K)

Dassault was the one that had menu tips about SPACE NAZIS.
Kadur was the one that crashed the game.

Attached: 1564918685289.png (1037x886, 189K)

I know that feel

Found a water world with all resources except farmland in such a system
In the same constellation there was a terran 75% hazard world with all resources except volatiles that also had a nexus nearby

But I don't have a factory yet, but I can still consume them. How does that work?

But how does anyone know how to build a factory?

>This, the reason the collapse became so horrible is because everyone was essentially living on domain UBI
Not really. If for whatever reason the city you live in is completely cut off from the rest of the world, i'm pretty sure it would also descend into chaos.

its simplified in game but essentially you should have single chips with data that inserted into printer print you stuff, from hammers to spaceships
so you would need a set of chips for every printer/forge if you lost it or somebody steal it you would be screwed
of course you can still make things old way but you need knowledge and tools these things are both lacking in sector

Attached: 1565263224402.jpg (640x400, 153K)

>1* threat rating
>has paragon with 3 d mods 2 eos class carriers and 5 vortex carriers with 2, almost all with 2 dmods
>get absolutely destroyed because there is million fighters and bombers flying around
Nice 1* threat indeed

Attached: screenshot006.png (1920x1080, 1.19M)

why tarsus freighters are full of dakka here?

fighters swarms are worst mechanic in the game
literally anti fun

that doesn't look like a crash code. I mean, cabal has a similar negative number and the negative its basically the year that WW2 ended.

>what is PD
>what are Doom mines oneshotting 20 fighters at a time

>I DONT USE PD the player

See the comment
>This should never happen

N-no

Think of it like this.
You have a russian blueprint.
No one speaks russian. No one has any books on russian. No one has met a russian or knows what russia is.
But people DO know that if you take this huge proprietary russian file with gibberish russorunes on it, and plug it into the old factory covered in russorunes, and press the big green button that says идти then the Russian factory will pull details from the Russian blueprint and make you a T-72.

When you 'consume' the russian blueprint you're just putting it on a space USB stick.
You have no idea what it is or how it works.

I fly enforcers with flaks and shit
its still not fun

That picture... I really want to believe you, AI, but I'm not removing your bomb collar.

My ships barely have good point defenses, which makes that battle a huge problem. Still, 1* rating does not seem to check fighter capabilities.
Are there any good small ballistic point defenses? My pirate fleet can't equip lasers except few of my IBB bounty ships. Also, almost all of those Tri-Tachyon fighters in that battle are phase fighters or something. Could Doom mines even hit them? Because my point defenses can't.

that can mean a lot of different things because of the lack of context. maybe the kadur mod owner wrote that in case NGO got updated for 9.1, maybe this was written in case the crash code was removed by the user, maybe its another thing entirely. But this is not proof that there is a crash code in there.

Vulcans

Isn't that mod made of reused assets? Whoever did that should try making communist mod instead, that will be more for his style of work one related to ideology that glorifies talent and dedication among other things.

vulcans against low tech, dual mg against shielded
still not really they are to slow and have to little range

Here you go, f a m

Attached: 1543236135221.jpg (1039x141, 57K)

>My ships barely have good point defenses

Vulcans and Flak guns will basically fuck everything in the ass. Missiles, fighters, bombers. Shit, they'll even tear big ships up once you're worn the armor down.

Because Vayra already had that locked down.
>WARNING: This mod contains foul language, cuss words, anarcho-communist propaganda, dubious game design choices, amateur-at-best art, incoherent java scripts, and updating it WILL break your saves!

Much as a 'tee hee look how edgy i am making space nazis' mod is childish this is a whole new fucking level of pathetic behaviour.

I think the real reason why he got pruned was because he constantly tried to bait people into /pol/ tier arguments on the forums and refused to de-escalate situations.

Now I realize why my ships can't seem to kill any fighters. What a nightmare. These little shits keep my PD busy while bombers can close on my ships safely. I need to recheck my my pd completely.

Attached: screenshot007.png (1920x1080, 1.09M)

That's not surprising in even the slightest measure.
But specifically blocking your mod from working with his is just being a petulant child.

There's an upgrade you can get that jacks the shit out of your PD accuracy and makes it so they ignore flares and target torpedoes and missiles before fighters.

That’s not true, very few of his posts were political or even ideological in nature. Did you even read the thread?

I hope some pirate market has it later. I'm obviously hostile with everyone else.

They're Q-ships

Attached: kamikazei.webm (960x540, 916K)

I read his posts where he talks about removing undesirables.

You’re acting like every other faction in the game does not do this

Because the weaker ones don't get to live to the point they get a bounty

anyone actually got an archive of the deleted thread?

thanks my man. Wow, that guy its a bitch.

what mod?

except they dont. the ones that come closer to it are the ludds and they hate technology, not people.

is there a mod that lets me put my own bounties out?
im gettin really fuckin tired of some fucker pirates plopping a new base in the same fucking star system every month to harass my colony, im too rich for this shit

Attached: 1386084345366.jpg (407x365, 17K)

its vanilla

No user, I think that's the same webm

Attached: 1564947904072.gif (128x106, 21K)

Was talking about forum posts, not in game commentary. In game commentary can be full of lolrandumb shit for all I care, if anyone is triggered by it they can remove it.

Someone's a lorelet, aren't they

Is Approlight actually a good mod? whats so special about it? also someone just post a link to the translation in this thread please thanks

Attached: 3.jpg (453x767, 109K)

Someone explain to me how do I counter enemy fleets of cruisers/battleships that just hug together all the time and none of them will never break away from rest of their group? Because my ships just can't do the same no matter what orders I give them.

Use a phase ship and break their feet apart by phasing inside of them, most of them will turn around or break the line.

What if I don't have any phase ships?

Get several ships to follow you and flank the fleet. Use long range weapons to pressure them. Use carriers.

no its not you double nigger
at last you have this mod with pirate fourteenth battlegroups ships

change your angle of attack, generally fights that I can't win charging forward are easily won by moving to the side's

AI tends to follow ships and engage until its dead, rarely retreating or waving off. Could use a small nimble ship (like a Hound or something). Also, sometimes it's best to just huddle up yourself and let 'em throw their ships at you, but this depends on your fleet comp really.

There is no translation, dumbass. And it's special because it's horribly balanced chinese anime space magic, with lots of unique mechanics and ships that are silly fun, and a bunch of end game boss fleets to give you something to do when planetary defense fleets become little more than a speed bump.

can i win this?

Attached: file.png (488x596, 214K)

if you tryhard you might be able to only have 2-4 losses

So, the first pirate raid on my newly-established colony is about to commence. All I can muster is Legion(D), Enforcer and some smaller ships (and small space station). Will it be enough?

They don't turn on you immediately? Here I am running around doing bounties and stealing their ships or just building my own at my colony

How are they unbalanced? I played with their faction and only few of their ships seemed viable enough against vanilla tier enemies. They're quite easy to deal with as enemies too

doubt it

Did you seriously just ask how Appro is unbalanced?

Is it worth it to take this? I still lack capital ship, but with that damage I'm not so sure.

Attached: xiv.png (1920x1080, 504K)

Relatively harmless D-mods are a blessing

I'm genuinely curious.

Depends on how hard the Radiant fucks you in the ass

Yes 14th battle group ships are rare and get buffs over normal ones. An onslaught is a good one even better with the rare battle group hill mod

The station will already be enough to keep all their trash occupied, the legion is already the cherry on top

Those aren't bad, but I'd take an Onslaught XIV with any D-Mods and just stash it if it turns out too crippling to use it. Once you get some decent industry hull restoration becomes relatively cheap so dropping 4 mil to get a pristine XIV out of every hulk you salvaged is great.

Shill me the vayra mods. They seem to be big, but modder does not post ship screenshots on forum.

Also, what are your favorite mods for low-tech ships and mining and pirate junk?

>level 8, 2x level 7 colonies
>40 million credits
>fleet of 4 capital ships, dozens in storage and almost every capital blueprint
>explored all but two systems in the sector
Now what? Do I just restart?

yeah and play only scavenge run
or luddic
or pirates ships obnly

download a couple mods and change it up a bit

vayra ship pack adds like 30 ships and some weapons and their quality aligns with vanilla very well, don't know about balance as I haven't played with their ships much

the anwer was no
they are fucking tough
i'll get more ships and come back

>take contacts on derelicts
>collect payments, loot derelicts
>come back to core worlds with ridiculous amounts of loot
>sell, start amassing fleet
Apogee is a good cruiser, especially if you find a plasma cannon.

play salvage only (only allowed to buy supplies, fuel and crew, nothing else), go heavy on industry and just use ships with all the d-mods and equip reinforced bulwark on all of them, you'll never lose a ship because you'll just keep bringing them back to life no matter how many times they die, and the industry skill will make the d-mods a mild annoyance rather than a huge detriment, really fun playthrough

>got 14 intelligence chips
>could sell them for 1.4 million in one station
>could just wait for trade mission about them that gives even more money
I'm running out of money and I havent seen trade missions about these in a long time now.

Got a paragon outfitted with 4x tachyon lances and it ruined the game for me. Every other ship is dog shit in comparison, I can't appreciate dakka anymore

Are remnant ships ever salvageable? If so does this thing churn out ships? Might keep it alive if it does.

Attached: Nexus.png (1913x1075, 574K)

>mods
Who cares?

>Are remnant ships ever salvageable?
Nope. Lorewise, they don't have living quarters or any means of human control, that's why they are always destroyed.
>If so does this thing churn out ships?
Yep. its en excellent source of cores and can be traded with tri tach for a pretty penny.

>only find probes
>even around neutrons and black holes

I just noticed that Sindrian Diktat died in my game.

I feel like I've done everything this game has to offer, I've got 4 successful colonies and I can just afk at my capital and make hella money
do I just start glassing the core worlds now?

Attached: 1403667516246.jpg (640x512, 86K)

And nothing of value was lost

give me mods to download other then nexerelin pls

Attached: 1511200773465.jpg (636x636, 27K)

Should I get more dakka ships or just carrier spam like a faggot and play every battle at 5 fps?

Ok newbie here
Is there any downside to adding more and more ships to my fleet other than the supply costs?
Should I trim off a bunch of ships?

how is your speed?
also max ship limit is 30 so you would not able to salvage more than that
worth mention that smaller targets will run from you so you may decide to remove some junkmasters

Supply and fuel demands are not insignificant. Also, slow ships slow you down.

Nothing wrong with that if you can handle it except larger fleets suffering more from storms. Although there's hardly any reason to have more than 10 ships that go in combat because of how much stronger ship with properly leveled officer is compared to non-officer one.

quick question fags, should I shutdown something for techmining? I do not have all blue prints yet, do I get something good with techmining and an alpha core?

Attached: star.png (1904x1080, 2.14M)

There's a max limit to how many ships you can have, so eventually you want to replace your tin cans with quality ships. Same goes for supply ships as well: instead of having multiple small tankers or freighters you ideally want few big ones. Also if your fleet is too big you can't retreat from battles. I don't remember the exact limit but left side of your fleet screen should have a warning saying "your fleet is too large to disengage from unwanted battles" if it's too big. If you get fucked you can disengage mid-battle when you or the enemy loses enough ships, so you can still possibly avert a complete wipe.

Aside from those, most ships will increase your sensor profile (especially big civilian ships), meaning that enemies can detect you from farther away. Max burn level (speed on galaxy map, not battles) is limited to your slowest ship in the fleet. There's a ship mod that increases max burn level by 2, but it's locked behind a blueprint you have to find first.

>9 industries
Dude there was update in May

kill the commerce or the shield

Don't underestimate Brilliants. They are way tankier than they appear for being a battle carrier.

>4 pristine nano forges
>syncotron
>2 alpha cores
>ZERO GOOD WORLDS TO COLONIZE
Fuck this shit I'm starting over. Does random core worlds work well?

>that many industries
user, delet this it's cheating

They should change to 5 industries instead of capping it at 4.

>the /vg/ thread is dead because everyone that was posting are banned

It would have been ideal to get tech mining first, at some it will run out of stuff to mine and at that point it's best to delet it

does that mean I can make more than 9?might kill the shield then, so I don't need any ground defence anymore?

you can edit the setting files yourself or get mod for that

Is it just me or do shieldless ships behave weird when you give them shields via hullmod?
Been testing my hound with a shield but it would suddenly broadside the enemy making the shield pointless, as well as being unable to shoot the enemy with the medium ballistic. Won't use flares against incoming missiles as well.

Attached: Odd behaivor.png (1024x755, 325K)

>does that mean I can make more than 9
Nope, now you can only have 4 industries, but things like the planetary shield, the waystation and the space station don't count as one. If you are updating to 9.1, i'd reccomend you to do it after you have stripped your ruins clean

You are supposed to have no more than 4 now. But main change was colony progression getting slowed down so that you no longer can have it printing absurd money after 500k initial investment and 3 months.

>selling cores
>ever
AI waifus are too good in the colonies and as an infinite source of administrators for that

When can we expect 0.10? Or whatever the next update with the new skill system will be called.

Holy shit, Doom phase cruiser is overpowered and I love it.
>infinite mines
>even if a mine doesn't directly hit it will explode on its own after a while and deal slight AoE DMG
>you can spawn mines while in phase space
>close down a retreat path so enemy is forced to stay put and get fucked by your fleet or get mines in its ass
>spawn mines on the flight path of bomber / fighter formations or torpedo spams and instantly obliterate all of them

When do you get fourth industry slot? Both my 5^10 and 6^10 colonies have max of 3.

>quality aligns with vanilla very well
You mean it's just lightly modified vanilla ships.
If you like bloat, install it.

finding cores becomes a non issue when you have a colony next to a [REDATED] space station,

How much shit do I need for my first colony? It'll be on a 100% hazard rating tundra world in an uncolonised system

Attached: D3A072BB-C1C3-4494-969F-EBE436996732.jpg (967x1200, 197K)

Mouse over the max industries or the colony size.

I've been watching people play the game, why do they turn off their transponder in hyperspace?

Get 1mil to properly invest in the colony.

Reduces your detection range and makes it harder for fleets to ind you. It's a good idea to do outside civilized space, just remember to turn it back on when you come back.

download anime portrait packs

Attached: screenshot001.png (1920x1080, 1.08M)

Oh, I didn't think about that. So the next population level up. Cheers.

What does a preliminary scan do other than make me remnant bait?

you can never have too many Alpha-chan

probably flux issue as hound have little flux and not effective shield(bad damage to flux ratio)

Can you have more than one fleet?

Pirates will try to fuck with you. Setting up station should be your first priority, and you should help station fight back yourself until it is at least lvl2 or enemy coming in is strong.

actually i can, and now they make me money when i sell them to tri-tachion

>bulge

Is like 1/1/1/2/3/3/3/4/4/4

>handing them over to space jews

Has anyone tried Archean Order?

What mod is your flagship from

look, its them, or the hegemony who will destroy them, or the ludds who will destroy them, or the independents who might or might not destroy them. The tri tach might also rip them apart for their juicy secrets, but at least they pay more.

>Sindra hasn't had a surplus of fuel for multiple in-game years
It's awful to have to go all the way to Nachieta just to get some cheap Fuel. On the other hand I might have exploited Sindra's cheap fuel a little too hard.

Didn't mean to reply.

It's AI inspection day Yea Forums. I hope you haven't been naughty

No. But you could stash a bunch of ships somewhere then go back and get em when your first fleet blows up. Or just mod the ship limit so small shit like freighter spam is viable.

>found a de-civilized planet in a REDACTED system
>salvage through the ruins
>find over a thousand units of prime volturnian lobster
>it's a desert planet
>mfw

Attached: 1490478771347.png (251x201, 8K)

GMDA

wait, did something happen to mandalore?

actual retard

What should I bring to destroy a high tech star fortress?

are there any weapons not labelled as "common"?

Don't shit your pants, Vayra.

dead

don't you have more mods to blacklist, Vayra?

just build one when you have 500k, i have 4 in one system and i don't give a fuck if i have money or not

Spinal fluids leaking

I don't understand how people can play this game on iron man at all. I keep getting wrecked even 1* threats all the time.

mod or unmodded?

>escort frigate parks its ass right in front of my big plasma dakkas
someday im just gonna blast them, i can always manufacture like 10 more in 1 month

Attached: 1360020566971.gif (235x180, 2.84M)

who makes the best guns? i want to build some for my ships and i noticed sylphon rnd are among the most expensive ones i have, are they good?

Attached: 1255364850582.jpg (800x569, 87K)

link to portraits?

With the follwing mods:
Nexerelin
Ships/Weapons pack
Luddic Enhancement
Interstellar Imperium
Disassemble Reassemble

I'm having trouble getting past the shields with my Onslaught.

fuuuck, i hope he gets a good surgeon

pre-collapse trade

is there any way to make the AI actually listen to you?, i have orders for my ships to go to a waypoint but half of them wont fucking listen and just keep standing like idiots or charge at the enemy, specially carriers

refit your onslaught with anti-shield weapons or get a real battleship, get yourself a paragon and shoot your lasers between the shield gaps

>samefagging drama autist
yikes

Anyone have a link for the slightly translated approlight mod?

Attached: 1512819039830.gif (304x291, 319K)

Approlight:
mega.nz/#!HLRn1YyS!4vF9rzrTVZCKpH3n17h4oPzyjrcaqIdWKBHm1AOrysk
ApprolightPlus:
mega.nz/#!fXYnkIba!2VaQVC1mc-7Tnj1UVSK3aiZjNKROXO6kG8pax9b4764

Bugfix for approlight, goes in Approlight/Data/Strings:
dropbox.com/s/f5iwvpkorznlo88/strings.json?dl=0

does it work with 0.9?

Works with the latest 0.9.1a.

any weeb mods yet

The thing is that the high tech space station is the hardest nut to crack due to the phase mines and the infinite flux energy weapons they have, so....
the ii Dominus are easy to find and buy, and also have fighter bays. Given that you already have an onslaught, i'd recommend you to get two dominus (dominee?) with hardened shields and 2/3 of their loadout with kinetics, fill them with bombers (cobras, daggers, or equivalent) and send them all at once. The idea is that the station will divide all of its attention between the fighters and while its doing that, the capitals will bring the station's shields down allowing the bombers to destroy it.

>approlight plus
Explain further

Thanks user, u da bes

Attached: i feel.jpg (500x500, 26K)

pro-tip: don't salvage orbital habitats or mining stations early

Adds a few new variants, hell if I know.
Thank the guy called TenaciousTinkerer on SS forums.

why?

but why?

Anime portraits. That's basically necessary to enjoy the game.

But I want to show my waifu on my ships.

They ruin the atmosphere if you ask me.

If you go to the missions there a mission that requires another mod called KnightArbiters. Do you have any idea what that is? I tried looking around but found nothing

everyone that was talking in the /vg/ thread got banned for that. so that thread is dead until the autists reset their routers

2 million is more than enough. Remember to construct a battle station first. Then something money generating and then Patrol/Military Base. A midline battlestation will defeat anything the factions throw at you and the patrols will mop up

No clue, mate

What atmosphere?

Attached: laughing.gif (540x540, 1.1M)

Recommend me some mods bros.
Post your mod lists.
Hit me what you believe is the best

Attached: WhenPirateorLudicPathisloweringyourColonyStability.jpg (977x648, 81K)

christ the /gsg/ thread is shit because of the nazi spammer sperging

so sick of poltards

where the fuck do I find cool shit like remnant designs and more blueprints? I'v toured the most remote systems in the sector and scavenged tens of research stations and shit like that and I always find the same old shit designs

...what happened?

Any "must have" QoL/Important mods that you guys recommend?

pol
anime portraits

I'm not a faggot so no.

You only get remnant fighters after beating remnant fleets. Right now you can't salvage the ships, but alex has hinted that it might be possible in the future

sorry? where do you think you are?

What are the Eagle and Falcon good for?
They seem much too expensive for the offensive fire power they can bring.

Attached: MODS.png (831x315, 44K)

Try DME, interestellar imperium and...blackrock.

Ironman just wouldn’t be fun to me for the fact I don’t want to have to play so safe all the time because it limits fun and stretches out goals for long periods.

because you don't have the cargo capacity to loot them

no, it's not /pol/
it's because someone was making early thread with a bad op that was basically censoring mods, the rest is pure autism backlash.
I got banned for "off-topic", but that shitposter fine. Im guessing a lot of people that were seriously involve(ie not shitposters) in the thread got ban since it's dead. Talking about it might bring that to this thread, but if you want to know more you can look at the thread yourself. I just want to help to talk about the game and help newfags as long they aren't brainlet who ask basic shit.

Rent
Free

ok, but whaat about blueprint for tachion lance and similare ultra high tech weapons? also other high tech non-remnant ships?

wasn't one of the mod downloads infected?

Some /pol/tard made a nazi mod. he got banned from the forums, came to Yea Forums and tried to force it into the OP. He spergs out hard when he doesnt get his way.

>stabilize cargo pods
>go back later
???

yes

I am at that tutorial boss and getting my teeth kicked in, should I salvage more ships? I took the hammerhead and the wolf.
Also I found a core that has something to do with fuel production worth 200k should I keep it or sell it?

Eagle has very good staying power for its price and can do decent damage too. Dies much less than dominators against any serious enemies because AI relies a lot on ability to disengage to survive and armor tank in a game where everything has reaper torpedoes on them is a joke.
Falcon is like eagle but worse in any aspect that matters.

if you feel you can come and go in 30 days or so, go ahead.

For the AI, Eagle is good as a long range gun platform. Heavy Maulers and Hypervelocity Drivers up front, plus two Graviton Beams and an Ion Beam in the rear.

Salvage every ship. The pirates also use shitty salvaged ships so at that point it's just numbers

pretty much there are a few old chinese mods that haven't been updated since 0.5ish that have been added back in to appear in deep space sectors in a sort of redacted way,
also adds even strongerer verson of some of the AP ships

Attached: Knight_dragonshard.png (100x134, 46K)

Is it ok to sell corrupted nanoforges to pirates or can they use that too

it lasts 90 days you retard

no that was faked, someone posted a random pic of a virus scan site and someone looked it up and that url was for a scan of another game
this is one of the caused as trolls started larping as angry modders/discorders that were trying to censor mods and started the drama that way.

>spend the supplies to stabilize them and the fuel for another back and forth trip, most likely multiple times
yeah no

jeez, there is no need to be so aggressive.
oh wow, i was expecting something bad, but that thread was kinda worse than what i expected.

fuck you you goddamn blithering nigger sucker

Daily reminder the autistic modding discord circlejerk posts in these threads. They're also trying to take control of the /vg/ threads.

Attached: meso.jpg (1709x392, 126K)

>expedition fleet brought 4 Conquests and several cruisers
>none recoverable
>another expedition had 3 Onslaughts, 1 Onslaught XIV and several cruisers
>none recoverable
Do disabled capital ships just have a tiny chance to be recovered or something? I have the salvage perks but it seems that most of the time it just lets me salvage my own ships.

this, but don't forget there is also pure trolls that doesn't care about that and just want to ruin it.

That's the nazi sperg I was talking about.

there is no need to be so angry in the morning/afternoon. mr.rogers would be disapointed.

eh, they are on vg, so no problem there.

Do you merge approlight plus into the base approlight mod?

Midline or high-tech for colonies? I'm guessing high-tech for the ones I will be upgrading to tier 3, midline for unimportant worlds that will stay at tier 2?

High tech for all

midline is the worst
go low tech or high tech, it's basically just aesthetic difference

Tier 3 high tech spits mines everywhere. It's the best.

If you have enough energy weapons blueprints, go for high tech, otherwise keep on low tech. Anyways, the main difference between the two is the color and the types of mines the bases deploy

i put high tech on blue planets and low tech on yellow/lava planets

Do I just spam agressive officers if I want my space battles to go better?

actually they stay here forever
is useful if you scavenged more fuel than you need for going back for example or some precious stuff

still to costly for large amount of some cheap stuff

Low-tech for lava/barren, midtech for desert/arid/savannah, high-tech for ice/ocean/frozen and terran.

Attached: screenshot068.png (1920x1080, 707K)

no it literally says it'll last about 90 days
unless you mean that it'll float around the system forever, which is possible, but good fucking luck finding it again

damn

Attached: screenshot000.png (1920x1080, 1.93M)

But I have a jungle world.

Only when they have appropriate ships. Aggressive devastator domi is a good choice, aggressive Onslaught is a better one, and an aggressive Astral will get bumfucked before your screening does.

Attached: screenshot067.png (1920x1080, 1.76M)

What makes a ship good for an agressive officer?

>this shit again
There is no fucking invasion you goddamn retard. The world isn’t out to get you.

If the conquest were to be rebalanced and made good, what should be changed?
>better flux pool and venting
>better shield coverage and flux:damage ratio
>higher base mobility with a different active ability
>better hull and armor

Attached: Conquest2.png (190x400, 138K)

The world isn't out to get me, but the corrupt elites that rule it certainly are. There is an invasion alright, an invasion of shitskinned subhumans, enabled by weak sheeple like you. The race war is looming close, friend, make sure you end up on the right side of the line when it's drawn.

It will stay in orbit for 90 days, afterwards it'll desync or probably float into the star/black hole if you stabilized it near there

it depends in the hard points, speed and the loadout that you can give it. for example, phase ships are good for aggressive AI because they can alpha strike an enemy and flee whenever things get too hot; an onslaught is good as well because it usually outguns and out armors whatever enemy it faces. On the other hand a carrier sucks because its main firepower its in the fighter wings and they usually spread among all the enemies, and their speed usually is very low, so if an ai drives it to the middle of a fight, it will explode 99% of the time.

you forgot to use the word schizo

nice falseflag

What prefixes do you guys use for your ships? Do you use any? The standard ISS seems kinda lame but I'm hard pressed to come up with something better

i come up with fun names, its my favourite part of the game

Keep them in separate folders, I think. Plus is just an addon that requires having the base Approlight enabled.

you forgot to add "meso" at the end of your sentence, meso.

I have two questions:
>my colony has active space isis cells but the colony threat screen shows them to be financed by a luddic church system instead of a luddic path one. is this a bug? do I have to nuke those niggers?
>is pic related combo endgame (keep in mind I have a tachyon lance and a heavy intensity laser on the left side of my Odyssey)? I've been mowing down orbital stations and medium low-tech fleets with 0 effort and 0 losses

Attached: screenshot007.png (1366x768, 417K)

Main battery made to face front.
Seriously, I still don't get what's the purpose of broadside based ships in this game. They require so different style of play your basic mechanical memory for this game starts fucking with you if you try one, and there's no reason to invest into learning them, because there's few of them and they're meh at best.

>higher base mobility with a different active ability
Accelerated Ammo Feeder. I want a capital that can be as fun as a Hammerhead.

I have a question:
>who are you quoting?

Give it a static shield, but make it cover both the left side in a 150 arc, and the right side in a 150 arc, so near coverage, but two obvious weakpoints

Its autistic and time consuming, but i usually use the initials of the faction i use plus the first letter of the kind of ship any specific ship it is.
So a dominus BattleCarrier that is in the Dick Butt faction would be the "DBBC Ship Name Goes Here"

A special shield that gets mirrored on both sides

its bugged(or work like intended - who knows) right now
it stays forever like some derelicts and probes you find when exploring

Attached: Free Port.jpg (862x588, 174K)

ohnononono

Attached: java_6vLIO2rYoh.png (1349x754, 558K)

I think it's entirely possible for Pathers to build a station in core worlds, but I could be wrong.
Now for my question: how did you get all that cash
?

Why do you have fighters on astral? It's for bombers only, if you want fighters 2 herons cost 5 points less and have system actually useful for them.
Swap tachyon lance to autopulse or plasma on odyssey, you should be able to apply hard flux. Tachyon lance becomes actually strong non-meme weapon only if you have 4 of them on same ship.

In which colonies should I open Commerce?

>25% hazard
Damn son
Where did you find this?

on the ones you visit the most.

Starting a new save. What faction should I start as?

Attached: sectorfactions.png (293x862, 103K)

Any planet will work. The only actual use of Commerce is to have somewhere in-faction to sell shit to.

That one, the aspergers syndicate.

burn drive and big ballistics

>Kadur
>Junk Pirates
Jesus Christ

>tfw the race war is a perfect excuse for technocrats to cull the low IQ hard right and left wingers
>tfw just waiting on the day we get to optimize humanity with bullets
Space society soon lads

>7 industries
How???

Looks like a previous version of the game

I know Junk Pirates is a meme but is Kadur that bad too?

Not bad, just painfully mediocre.

While it clearly is (no industry limit UI), you can also cheese it with Nexerlin, as the AI has no industry limits, and if they conquer your colony, they can build extra industry.

Attached: Avalon Falken Speedrun.webm (352x264, 2.45M)

Edit your settings.json

Attached: Capture.jpg (753x545, 61K)

you can also just edit the llimit in notepad lmao

das cheating doe

Uhhh what's going to happen?

Attached: java_9isVJoPDJO.jpg (2158x1786, 928K)

yes, but the industry limit its always shown on the right. once i captured a Diable station that had 4/3 industries.

Oh hey they split Vayras Sector and Kadur Remnant into two separate mods this morning.

Here, have the secret discord mod in its most recent iteration
www100.zippyshare.com/v/CflLTxHm/file.html

403 forbidden bruh

>Approlight
Is it translated for latest version yet?

How?

Whats wrong with junk pirates

Nvm, is just my cucked country

Disgusting art

>fast as fuk fleet
>even when i get caught i can full retreat with 0 casualties
>church boy so i get dat sexy 80.000$ a month
>easily reach 3M
>buy all the cool ships for my death armada
>it's finaly done, now poor as fuck
>dat supply cost, dat fuel cost
>jump into a sistem, face first into a pirate armada
>kill all their ships except a copule of deathfreighters
>my fleet is obliterated
EVERY FUCKING TIME, EVERY FUCKING TIME I ACCOMPLISH SOMETHING A FUCKING PIRATE ARMADA SHITSLAPS ME.
at least i foresaw this and stashed my old speedy fleet in a platform

People cant handle their personality.

read nigga, read
it's translated with google translate for the latest version of SS

>losing to pirates
how? those fuckers ride around cardboard ships, even their capital class ones are garbage

Oops, forgot to delete image. Was gonna post these separately.

Simple, although both sides firing in tandom will be absolute hell on your flux, even with reasonable stuff mounted since it'd be 4x large and 4x medium. Might make it so that just the first two of each side will fire frontwards instead.

Easiest change. You could do that now by editing the ships.csv file and changing the thrusters to "ammofeed". I don't think you'd need to edit the specific ship file for Conquest because I don't think the ability is mentioned there.

That, I don't know how to do, but giving it a front shield instead would be easy, on par with changing it to an ammo feeder ability.

I'll upload a version with front-facing weapons and tweaked stats next thread since this one is almost dead. Still figuring out how to keep it from being disgustingly OP if I give it front batteries AND ammo feeder. Might end up reducing the shield to a 180 and increase the base flux:damage ratio on it. Also, you'd need console commands to add it. I don't know how to get it on vendor lists.

Open it with notepad or notepad++

they look hideous and not in a good way