Will Elden Ring have different playable races? That could be part of the "evolution of Dark Souls"

Will Elden Ring have different playable races? That could be part of the "evolution of Dark Souls"

Attached: 1560087860256.png (600x338, 186K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bdfG1ezM87E
twitch.tv/staydmcmuffin/videos
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>races
there won't be even classes, it's going to be like sekiro with pre-design character who can only use one type of weapon

I hope not

I DOUBT YOU COULD EVEN IMAGINE IT...

Attached: file.png (1300x1170, 788K)

Miyazaki has explicitly stated that's not the case.

oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

>R. R. Martin
>open-world

Attached: hakoom-platinum-trophy-hunter.jpg (640x430, 173K)

martin is there just for the free advertising, doubt they give much of a fuck about what his subpar writing can add to the game, but the trailer for the game opening with ''FROM THE CREATOR OF GAME OF PLEBS'' will really get the redditors going

You've clearly not read anything about the game or are bring purposely obtuse, because that's the exact opposite of how they're describing it. From what they're saying there's even more choice than DaS1 - 3.

Attached: OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.png (655x557, 227K)

>Believing anything they say after dark souls 2.
How much they pay you?

DS2 was the best one

liking the least popular one doesn't make you interesting

I wish, Sekiro is the best From Soft game.

best bait&switch in vidya for sure

Attached: ds2.jpg (1111x1250, 162K)

Neither does disliking it.

Yes, user, I'm sure Miyazaki outright lied about his action RPG being an action RPG. It's actually just going to be Sekiro 2: Electric Boogaloo.

No, I don't like Demon's Souls that much actually.

not an argument. DaS3 has objectively more meta for builds than any souls game and it came afterwards.

Attached: 3-0-1461347677.jpg (2880x1620, 1.85M)

That doesn't make any sense. You just want to feel special for going against the norm.

How about you stop sucking his cock, fucking shill

Will Elden Ring have different ways to suck OP's cock? That could be part of the "evolution of Op's faggotry"

Maybe he just likes the game, dude

achievement whoring is hell of a drug

That's good to hear.
Sekiro was a fun side project but the depth of the game was severely affected with the lack of builds, weapons, magic and combat styles.

It's shit.

Attached: ds3.webm (720x404, 1.67M)

I honestly prefer the console one more. But they do both look like shit.

Don't make post DS1 PvP gifs. :)

That's impossible.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

MUH ELDEN RING

Attached: 34346346345.jpg (631x574, 37K)

good PvP and literally the best dark souls experience in those 3 DLC's, tho the base games was boring af
don't@me faggots

Attached: 1559754333903.jpg (1536x2304, 823K)

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHH elden ring

I don't think either Fromsoft or the fat idiot they're collaborating with have ever done anything with the perspective of different races, so I doubt it.

Who honestly gives a flying fuck about any Dark Souls shit anymore you uncultured boobs? Bloodborne was the perfection and apex of the series, and it came out 4 years ago now. Sekiro is no-build garbage and OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH will be most likely be the same.

Attached: Tonitrus_Buffed_E.jpg (1920x1080, 261K)

You mean the game he had no part in?

>good PvP

none of the games have this unless you're at a LAN Party

GoT kinda has different races (forest children etc), and in a way so does DaS (pygmies, gods, demons are a race and had their own society etc), but its more to do with lore than current time gameplay for the playable character.

Attached: pontiff_sulyvahn_by_theparrygod_dcuv1bk-pre.jpg (1377x580, 70K)

>unless you're at a LAN Party
those were the times
*SIP*

Attached: 1530444345155.jpg (2687x2319, 1.38M)

OHHHHHHHHH HNNNNNNG ELDEN RIIIIIINGGGG

Attached: muhdiiick.png (240x225, 77K)

5 yens have been deposited on your bank account.

So you're one of those shit players that gave up on PvP upon being destroyed a few times and just uses the "it's laggy shit" excuse instead of learning.
The only laggy matches that get to unplayable states are ones vs chinks if you set the matchmaking to global instead of just to your local continent.

Yes. You can play as "green" human or a "blue" human.

It's not exactly hard to do different races in 2019
>muh oppression, muh racism
that's pretty much all it ever fucking is these days.

ELDEN RIIINGGG

Attached: oooooooooooohhhh.jpg (960x540, 107K)

ITT we laugh at nintendies who NEVER get to experience Fromsoft KINO

Attached: 9e32.jpg (744x875, 167K)

>SEKIRO WAS TOO HARD? UMM HOW ABOUT A EASY MODE?

Outside of Tolkien, isn't that pretty much always it with different humanoid fantasy-medieval races?

Attached: RedDragonwithlogo.png (2000x1643, 1.13M)

Youre trying too hard to fit in

Ever heard of Dark Souls, sweetie?

should unironically be Xboy laughs at Nintendie while being backstabbed by Snoy with Bloodborne above

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

oh boy we have a mlp pvper here
there's nothing to learn you fucking tryhard, pvp is fun but awful

youtube.com/watch?v=bdfG1ezM87E

>IMA PRO GAMER WHO ONLY PLAY SUPER HARD GAMES FOR MATURE GAMERS SUCH AS MYSELF

Attached: 556.jpg (500x500, 41K)

the netcode is literal trash
stop being a fucking faggot

Absolutely, yes. Someone earlier mentioned the Children of the Forest in Game of Thrones? They created the ultimate killing force in the land, all because they were getting killed and having their trees chopped down by mean white men.

This is why I hate anything that is Identity politics related now. At this point is it so fucking basic and low tier, what's the point? Everything has been said. It's all been done to absolute death and back again and I hate hate hate it. But then every other lefty twat thinks that they're the first person to think "racism is bad", and so we have this constant regurgitation of the same old shit, boring ideas, but it's okay because they can all pat themselves on the back and be proud of each other because of how "progressive" they all are.

Wow could you jump to any more conclusions? I bet you take part in autistic duels and think you're hot shit. All the games have awful connectivity issues you fucking Oroboro dicksucker.

>races
I can't really see them being interesting enough to be considered an "evolution of the formula" when they almost always amount to stuff like "human with green skin and higher STR" or "Human with pointy ears and higher INT".

>the netcode isn't shit
>just git gud roflmaoh

Sekiro wasn't even hard yet journo babies were still mad they had to work for it.

Attached: 1565370239307.gif (480x360, 872K)

Attached: OOOOOOOOOOHHHHH.jpg (1280x738, 152K)

>youtube.com/watch?v=bdfG1ezM87E

jesus fucking christ

that's what happens when you take pvp seriously

> Aryan: +5 Intelligence, +5 Beauty, -10 Self respect

> Nigger: +10 Stealing, -10 Intelligence

> Balkanian: +5 Stealing, +5 Beauty, -5 Women's Rights, -5 Politics

> Sandnog: +10 Terrorism, -10 Women's Rights

> Chink: +10 Intelligence, -5 Beauty, -5 Nature Respect

> Weeb: +5 Intelligence, +5 Politics, -5 Women's Rights, -5 Nature Respect

> Marsupial: +10 Alcohol, -10 Politics

> Despacito: +5 Alcohol, +5 Booty, -5 Beauty, -5 Intelligence

> Thaicock: +10 Deceit, -5 Self-Respect, -5 Beauty

> Spaghetti: +5 Beauty, +5 Food, -10 Politics

go ahead fgt

Attached: dreaded linguini turnabout.webm (640x360, 2.89M)

but Bloodborne has no builds too, and instead of compensating with amazing combat like Sekiro did, it's just sped up Dark Souls combat which doesn't stand on its own without all the RPG elements

>Marsupial

Kek

>going against the norm
read reviews, go on metacritic, check rating on steam and then think again about what you wrote

Jesus Christ the amount of time it would take to plat 1200 games.

Builds in dark souls suck, so OOOOOHHHH will have to make it much more complex or at least varied to make it good. And some mechanic to actually make the world/enemies different on playthroughs is also sorely needed.

>Shill journalists that want to play up to the hype after the success of the first game.

Fuck off, most outlets only gave it a high score cause it was "super hard" and didn't want to seem like retards after dismissing Demon's and Dark Souls 1

>go on metacritic, check rating on steam

this desperation is hilarious

you are a faggot. he is right. grrrrrrrrrrrrrm really is not an amazing writer.

Attached: nice.jpg (764x1080, 68K)

D R O P P E D

Attached: eldenring.jpg (1438x639, 77K)

Like straight swords and estoc and nerfed to the ground miracles and magic and...

Top one was running on PC but was targetting next gen (PS4/XB1)
Bottom final one is what happened after they switched gears to focus on current gen instead and had to gut the game to get running on current gen hardware.

there's a mod that's trying to fix DS2's lighting and spruce up levels, it's looking pretty neat

Miyazaki himself never lies actually about what their game will be. He openly stated Sekiro won't have anything fun, including usual From references, and stayed true to that statement. Just because things got cut during development and you were upset about it, doesn't mean that he will lie about things he get asked during the interview.

Top one was from PS3 demo you fuckwit.
It was literal bait and switch.

>there's a mod that's trying to fix DS2's lighting and spruce up levels, it's looking pretty neat

Name?

the top one was from the TGS demo which was running on PC at the time, and was the earlier pre-downsized build of the game

twitch.tv/staydmcmuffin/videos
not released and still in progress, looks pretty neat though, most of it seems to be going through the levels and re-enabling map objects to cast actual dynamic shadows again, but he's also been adding props and set-dressing to fix glaringly barren areas or cover up seams/gaps in the geometry

Amen

OOOOOHHH ELDEN RING
I DOUBT YOU COULD EVEN IMAGINE IT

Attached: 342.jpg (608x342, 21K)

top 10 punchable face

Attached: siegward_of_catarina_by_dquinn89-db8lq9j.jpg (600x850, 100K)

network test that was open for public was using same dynamic lighting shown in TGS demo, they took it off from release build.

How is this distinguishable from ds3?

souls is good because its linear so this will suck ass.

No. Furrfags RAUS

Kill yourself.

It really wasn't
main difference was the contrast and brightness wasn't turned way up like it was in final, other than that it was very much similar to the final build in terms of graphics.

>souls is good because its linear
Explain how

Yes it was you faggot.
Take that gook cock out of your mouth, you're embarrassing yourself.

Because enemies can be placed precisely hence giving the player a unique experience in every area.
Also the player can only take 1 route so the experience can be fine tuned easily.

This is an NPC.

and?

Off topic question: Should I buy a controller right now or wait for next gen? My current xbone controller's lb doesnt work but everything else does. Worth it to buy a controller at this point?
I will get to play sekiro and ac origin/ odyssey if i get a new controller (as they need lb).

I don't know why they still try.
Souls is over.

The games were best when they were a new thing, and the market collectively explored them. Now the market has been saturated and Souls has lost its magic, and is just numbers and their respective progression.

Sekiro was already forgotten within a week, and this will be too. Let it go Miyazaki.

Just like the Diablo/Diablo 2 craze was huge back in the day and eventually blew over, so did the Souls craze.
There will be something new in due time, but a new souls-like is certainly not it.

get a PDP brand controller
I got one for $20 and it's fucking solid

lmao get left behind cuckold

>this is an NPC so it doesn't have to obey the laws of physics
ok retard

2 is my least favorite Souls game, but it's the only one to get poise right.

>Souls combat yet again
>New gimmick of horseback combat, most games fuck this up
>Open world
>GRRM
>le dark fantasy

All red flags so far.

>Lying on the internet

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH ELDEN RIIINNNGG

good
fuck off

lmao

No Fromfag, I'm staying.

>>Souls combat yet again
Literally the only reason to play any of the souls games

Because it sure as fuck isn't the complex characters or intricate plot.

LEAKS WHEN

The point is that the combat has barely evolved since Demon's Souls and that was a decade and five games ago. They had the right idea with the transformations with Bloodborne, Elden Ring could benefit from having races like the beast hood and the broccoli man from BB.

Attached: 5_minutes_left.jpg (640x480, 62K)

Sekiro combat was only one step away from souls yet it was way better, and I don't think it's just because it only had one weapon

It was definitely an improvement but they still have a long way to go, especially if they keep going further into action game territory.

It had the most build diversity, power stancing added a ton of variety to 99stat builds, enemies were relatively varied and the DLCs were the best of the series, and it all culminates with the final fight against the Ivory King which is hands down the best boss fight in Soulsborne overall AND its repeatable and plays differently based on how you/the host played through the preceding areas.

look at all this subjectivity

>you've received 0.05 yen from daddy Miyazaki

I quite like DS2, but power stancing is fucking dumb.

It will be good, have faith channelers

Attached: ERart-0181.jpg (1920x1244, 415K)

where did you get this? Is it real?

DON'T TELL ME YOU DON'T SEE IT !!!!!!

retard

>Top one was running on PC but was targetting next gen (PS4/XB1)
The reveal with that trailer announced that it was going to be current gen (PS3, 360) from the get-go. So we were essentially being lied to?

Dark Souls already had different playable races. You could be an undead negro in DS.

>Now the market has been saturated
It has? By 5 (?) games in 8 (?) years?

>implying race is real

I hope Elden ring has a town that's actually alive for once

Maybe a hub but definitely no villages

They literally word for word confirmed it won't have towns with NPCs

>barahomoshit
D R O P P E D

Gay
It was nice how sekiro had a world that was semi-alive instead of the typical dungeon find with mute and retarded hollows

>oh no they toned down the lighting effects because they had to do a shitty console port, now I can't trust anything From makes every again even though it's been 5 years and they've proven themselves repeatedly since then
DS2 is my second favorite in the series, and I hate the downgrade too, but I still think you're a fucking loser. Get over it.

You are clearly a braindead husk

i hope not
furfags are cancer

That's rich coming from cocksucking trannyboo.

>muh long, thin intelligent race
>muh big, burly dumb race
>muh short, burly autistic race
i'll rather take humans again, thx

>ditching minmaxing autism in favor of tight and fast-paced combat
From is moving in the right direction. Hope OOOOHHHHHHHHHH combat will be more sekiro and less souls.

There wasn't in eternal ring

Based

Attached: 1550628528440.jpg (1242x1394, 156K)

>Objectively more meta
>Pvp is and has ever only consisted of straight sword spam since they do damage almost equal to ultragreatswords
Wew lad
Back to tf2 with u

1>2>3

I hate that it's actually impossible to talk about this game in any speculative light because the From fanbase is so blisteringly autistic.

No one knows anything yet, so it's all just baseless guesswork
However I personally am greatly enjoying the OOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH

That's the lamest part of all this. I hoped that since it was open world that we'd have a chance to find a home like Gran Soren to go back to every now and then teeming with activity to contrast with the unforgiving outside.

But I guess coding friendly NPCs is hard

Except that's just not how things go down at all in you know what you're doing. I have multiple gold rank arena builds that eat SS users for dinner.

SS spam is only easy against bad to above average players in PVP who don't know how to counter an aggressive SS player. straight swords have zero poise activation (except for some L2 skills) and will get wrecked by good greatsword users who know how to space or know when to tactically poise through the SS attack to deal far more damage in return.

Attached: Girls.png (449x401, 490K)

Straight Swords are objectively the most reliable build in the game. Just because you CAN beat them doesn't disprove that. Any good Straight Sword wielder is more capable of beating you, by your own logic.

>equating graphical downgrades to lying about the genre of the game

Attached: 1561493012548.jpg (959x540, 91K)

Technically they said they're wouldn't be *big* towns with lots of people, they did say there would be small run down/ruined places

I'd still have hope that there will be small places here and there with a few NPCs pottering about. Not loads, but more than normal for DaS. Think about the hub area for DaS2 once you have all the people brought back to it - I hope there's a few places like that around the open world. Not towns, but tiny settlements with some friendly people holding out.

Attached: 1561411332570.jpg (700x867, 106K)

I honestly just hope there is a Majula type place in the game. It was by far the comfiest hub out of all of the games and I'd like to see that reflected in some small place with a few houses, a merchant, a smith, and a few wandering knights. A game like this needs a place you can go home to and put down your roots. A place your character feels justified in defending.

>and then he goes and buys game made by peter molyneux because he didn't lie about one specific thing

Attached: you.jpg (477x567, 69K)

> Marsupial: +10 Alcohol, -10 Politics

Sure that's not Abbo?

Today I will remind them.

Attached: 1501785148355.jpg (1061x3466, 625K)

Attached: 1491655561167.jpg (1661x938, 254K)

what's this?

unused maps from dark souls 2

Attached: 1477644005809.png (1280x720, 485K)

Attached: 1517854453787.jpg (1288x834, 248K)

Is Peter Molyneux working on Elden Ring now or are you just pulling shit out of your ass because you're irrationally trying decry something by any means necessary

Here's hoping they bring back all the more fantastical and grandiose unused ideas they had for Dark Souls trilogy into the Elden Ring.

Attached: Dark Souls 2 Concept Art.jpg (2048x2892, 3.12M)