Help me piss my pants

Need help looking for a genuinely scary game to play. I want a game that has me inches from the power button at all moments whether it be a AAA title or indie. What suggestions do you have?

Attached: PT-main-image.jpg (621x398, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!bVUCTJzD!PmnPw4S7fWGyvTjw9S0-RQdk7rRp2BQNuXJqRkZCZvk
mega.nz/#!rFcj1SIJ!47JH9M4OrzmQKuaiJ6IqUgmgz_SVNtk4LIYNSa-D-_8
mega.nz/#!bYcEnbhC!rYnhvcJiRC46T6yExS0Y61JHZ-5N3WxFvfZMI8xbyhE
widescreenfix.townofsilenthill.com/SH2/
youtu.be/fFVwI487ORo
mega.nz/#!2JNkgJ7b!nfPf5cIs6I5K-sdAs7RcnHvGA2hAvIGdpQuIoBhF3iE
mega.nz/#!GVVGRLpD!SyklVbuLIkc38ZYji5QL3sWHKtHt9-Bto700My8pH7c
mega.nz/#!Us1XTaII!cglH0dZOaH5yQEm4cnEh3eyUz4bIf6rACQqcVzkb4Hc
youtube.com/watch?v=kDjijmCQdAI
quora.com/If-my-wife-doesnt-work-and-I-pay-all-bills-but-I-give-her-1000-a-month-for-spending-for-herself-but-now-she-says-she-is-saving-it-to-leave-me-should-I-still-give-her-money
youtube.com/watch?v=k_o8v88nkKc
enhanced.townofsilenthill.com/SH2/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fatal Frame and Forbidden Siren are genuinely some of the most tense horror games I've ever played but I think that's an unpopular opinion.

>Fatal Frame
bullshit jump scares - the game

I'd completely forgotten about Siren. That's next on the list, thanks pal

subnautica
although it isn't necessarily horror

Letting the enemies get extremely close to you before you exorcise them is a gameplay mechanic and it keeps you at the end of your seat
But yes there's jump scares

RE7
Nightmare house 2
Amnesia
Alien isolation was good for the first few hours
Until dawn

That's literally it.

anyone got any surreal horror shit or stuff like demonphobia where it's not really "scary" but disturbing?

Afraid of Monsters, Cry of Fear, and Nightmare House 2

Silent Hill 1-4
Fatal Frame 1-3
Afraid Of Monsters: Director's Cut
Cry Of Fear
Penumbra: Overture + Black Plague
Resident Evil REmake
Condemned: Criminal Origins
Aliens VS Predator (1999), the human campaign

>DL links to SH games and their mods:

SH1 NTSC DDL:
mega.nz/#!bVUCTJzD!PmnPw4S7fWGyvTjw9S0-RQdk7rRp2BQNuXJqRkZCZvk

SH2 DDL:
mega.nz/#!rFcj1SIJ!47JH9M4OrzmQKuaiJ6IqUgmgz_SVNtk4LIYNSa-D-_8

SH2 torrent:
mega.nz/#!bYcEnbhC!rYnhvcJiRC46T6yExS0Y61JHZ-5N3WxFvfZMI8xbyhE

>SH2 PC fixes site:
widescreenfix.townofsilenthill.com/SH2/
>SH2:EE installation tutorial:
youtu.be/fFVwI487ORo

SH3 DDL:
mega.nz/#!2JNkgJ7b!nfPf5cIs6I5K-sdAs7RcnHvGA2hAvIGdpQuIoBhF3iE

SH3 torrent:
mega.nz/#!GVVGRLpD!SyklVbuLIkc38ZYji5QL3sWHKtHt9-Bto700My8pH7c

SH4 DDL:
mega.nz/#!Us1XTaII!cglH0dZOaH5yQEm4cnEh3eyUz4bIf6rACQqcVzkb4Hc

Attached: SH PC Guide 1st MAY 2019 v2,3.png (1281x5183, 1.92M)

.flow

already played it, anything else? i was hoping for something that doesn't have a blank slate protagonist if that's okay.

How is Darkwood ?
The top down perspective really turns me off

a gentleman and a scholar at the same time.

What are some games where something relentlessly chases/pursues you throughout a large part of the game? This is probably my favorite horror game trope

I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream

read it and played it already.

>how 2 play sh2
>dw guys, its super easy
>step 1. enrol in computer science degree
ruh roh

Attached: hmghhhhh.jpg (286x345, 24K)

>AoM and CoF
they're both trash lmao

oh you mean the Amnesia Clone? well literally every horror game made after 2010 is one of those so you're in luck

Dark Deception

While not scary in the same vein as Silent Hill or Fatal Frame.

Alien Isolation will definitely have you on the edge of your seat for most of the game. The actual alien mechanics are downright terrifying and the environments are fantastic. It does tend to drag a bit in the last act but the rest of the game is so tense it makes up for any flaws.

Attached: 2688415.jpg (1000x1500, 590K)

Spoken like a true underage

>leaving out Dead Space

This is how I know your opinion is trash>>

>He doesnt remember the silent segments of the game where the enemy ghosts stalk you through the environment.
>He didnt trigger the Ghost Doll sequence
>Didnt even turn into a butterfly with his sibling

Top Pleb

why would underage know about shitty SH ripoff goldsource mods???

All the Outlast titles
Haunting Ground
Clock Tower

Either RE7 or RE2MAKE have a pretty significant "person" constantly pursuing you for a large portion of the game

I spent most of Haunting Ground jerking off and to this day I still don't know if that was intentional given the plot and endings

Because, just like any kid, he's seen it here and judges about it without actually playing it ?

These along with Underhell are the best there are.

What games will remind me of Smile Guide?

Attached: smile guide maggie.png (484x489, 241K)

Real life is a pretty good horror game.

Attached: oy39d6n0rdg31.png (856x392, 95K)

kids arent gonna play goldsource mods in the year of our lord 2019 my boomer bro, those games are the opposite of good horror, it's just loud noises and jumpscares in 90% dark environments with "ohmagahd what a tweest" reveals because the swedish kid that made them played SH without regarding any of what made the SH games Good. this is my last reply to you since either you get ti through your fat skull that people can have differing opinions or you don't, either way you're a fag for trying to pull the "durrr hurrr UNDERAGE durrrrrr" card on a discussion about shitty little HL1 mods.

what the fuck is wrong with quora?
questions are fucking retarded and the answers are pretentious AND fucking retarded. it's worse than yahoo answers. at least yahoo answers was funny, this is just sad

Most surreal walking sim games are like that.
Have you played Pathologic?
Its the only game I can think of off the top of my head that has that sort of vibe while still being more character driven.

really? i noticed all walking sims have blank slate protagonists and idk it's a bit offputting imo. already played pathologic too.

Anatomy by Kitty Horrowshow on itch.io

Why is the best version of Fatal Frame 2 still exclusive to OG Xbox?

Do you remember all the things you said you'd do and all the things you wished to be?
Where are you now?

>Nightmare house 2
Fuck its been years.

What's wrong with Crimson Butterflies on Wii?

Mogeko Castle

Honestly the only games to ever make me fucking terrified are horror VNs.
You know shit is going to happen and there's nothing you can do but accept it.

youtube.com/watch?v=kDjijmCQdAI

whats some good ones

>ctrl F
>Visage
>no results
am I the only one?

Attached: gdoU9CwYjk38WYsSPLVTeB.jpg (1280x720, 391K)

not that user, and I don't know anything I would really call scary for visual novels but I'll tell you some good ones.
chaos;head (only the first half, it fucking shits the bed HARD in the second half)
higurashi (sound novel so it has great atmosphere)
kara no shoujo (i wouldn't call scary but OH SHIT STOP THE SUFFERING)
Saya no Uta (not really scary either)

Quit using buzzwords because you’re too scared to play through it.
I bet you consider games like hollow knight scary for their “”“atmosphere”””.

Is this game finished yet? Was following it for years but I want to play it when it's finished.

Visage is early access, but it’s still pretty good. What it lacks in originality it makes up for in pacing and execution. And it’s actually interesting.

I used to think the ghost was cute. I liked goth girls back in the day.

Just looked it up the other day and they said chapter 2 is out for early access.
I’m expecting it around 2077.

>JUMP SCARES BAAAAAAAAAAAD

Attached: soyjak (124).png (454x520, 11K)

How the hell do you find DDL shit like this? I can never find DDL for anything I want that isn't an obvious malware site. Thanks user

quora.com/If-my-wife-doesnt-work-and-I-pay-all-bills-but-I-give-her-1000-a-month-for-spending-for-herself-but-now-she-says-she-is-saving-it-to-leave-me-should-I-still-give-her-money

What the fuck...

Just kick the whore out.

just look at the mirror

tfw i played cry of fear when i was 14 and loved the shit out of it even if it gave me terrible nightmares..

Listen kid, you are writing like a kid and now you get triggered like a kid, it has nothing to do with you opinion, I just dont value it

You could emulate 2 and 3 on PCSX.
Not sure what you mean by best version, but they run and look good after some tweaking.

Echo Night Beyond is a possibility

Attached: Echo Night Beyond.png (256x363, 144K)

It's easy to forget how good of a horror game DS1 was after they turned it into a generic action game for 2 and 3.

tedious as fuck but absolute hidden gem tier, basically a better enemy zero

yo but what good horror is there on steam besides amnesia/penumbra series? not that i'm averse to replaying either but knowing the puzzle solutions removes a lot of tension

True, those two games are pretty good.

FAITH 1 and 2

It’s very solid. The perspective also deterred me. But I gave it a shot to have something to play on my Switch. It’s genuinely pretty tense and has a lot going for it in atmosphere and presentation. Also, I find the time management gameplay stressful but enjoyable to play.

I've heard the original Layers of Fear and dead space are good games, but I myself have never played them.

The Xbox got director's cuts with more content

what happened to that guy who was remaking a PC version of PT?

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 63K)

>The marimba in Enemy Zero
listening to Happy Video Game Nerd play the game for the first time made me nearly shit my pants when I first watched it, it's like the Sonic drowning bit

Penumbra. It's much better than Amnesia. Basically feels like The Thing, only after everyone died and froze.

Silent Hill 3 is pretty scary. 1 hasn't aged too well and 2 is more sad and depressing than scary. Playing through the subway section in SH3 for the first time is one of the tensest moments I've ever had playing vidya, and there's not a single jumpscare in that level.

Posted this in the other thread but
I know not video games. But does anyone have any good YouTubers that cover spooky stuff without sounding overly dramatic or have a weird fucking inflection?

Been watching
Someordinarygamers(he overexagerates and lies a bit too much for my liking)
Scaretheater(eh, his videos are starting to just be reddit says this Yea Forums says that.)
Retsupurae (it's more comedy than horror)
InternetHistorian (again more comedy than horror)
Downtherabbithole (pretty good)
Anyone got any recommendations?

Outlast is laughable cliche shit. Don't mention it seriously, please.

Why the fuck would you watch shit when you can play games?

nightmind

>huge tits blonde in a miniskirt
I believe it's intentional

Good thing i have my power switch right here

Attached: kys.jpg (376x300, 46K)

Cry of fear. And its fucking scary

Not scary, just make me jerk my mouse around and get angry. All I'm invested in at those moments is my coffee staying unspilled.

GameFromMars does some creepy things I think?
There's also AtrocityGuide who covered this
youtube.com/watch?v=k_o8v88nkKc

He's the one with the weird inflection that I'm talking about.

It's not just video games, I've played most horror stuff anyway.

Is there a legitimate horror game where you can actually slap the shit out of the "scary" part if you're good enough gameplay-wise?

pretty much any game where you can fight back

RE in general. You even get rewarded for stunning Nemesis in 3.

Any game that's not a walking simulator

Not a huge fan of gamerfrommars for another reason why I'm starting to dislike SOG in that he chases trends and just jumps on bandwagons

FEAR?
But FEAR isn't really horror, it's a FPS that sometimes has horror parts where spooky ghosts run at you and explode in your face

>just kick the whore out

That guy gave him some solid advice you stupid fuck. Marriage is a legal matter that can result in your getting fucked, and I mean FUCKED in the ass if you do anything insane.

Why do you think some men go apeshit and kill their fucking wives?

play darkwood, the sound design is 10/10

>How the hell do you find DDL shit like this?
By upping them myself?

>step 1. enrol in computer science degree
Bruh, it's literally a matter of:
>download the game
>install the game
>unpack the mod on top
>play the game

Literal 10yos could do this shit, 15 years ago.

I believe RE7 has the best *Archetype* of what you seeking, pretty dam well done too, careful through some shitters will try to convince you is not a good game here through.

>Indie horror JRPG
>You can grind up and start killing the fucking monsters to where it's no longer hard to beat them.
>The more you grind, the more the world gets fucked up
>You slowly become more and more corrupt and start devouring your party members.
>You've become the thing you've sworn to protect everyone against.
>Bad end

Dead Space 2 was not the same kind of scary as 1, but still generally horrifying.

I'm sure RE7 has solid gameplay but I got so fucking sick of that shitty rundown shack aesthetic from amerifat Yea Forums horror. I miss the classy mansions and cities

Shintaro Kago

Attached: large (1).jpg (500x704, 64K)

Depending on your fears, Alien Isolation is a mixture of frustrating and absolutely unbearably terrifying if the 'hunted by invincible enemy' is your weakness. Subnautica has utterly wrecked people with a deep-sea fear, despite it not being a horror game. If you haven't spoiled yourself with videos, both Amnesia games are very unsettling if you are heavy into atmosphere.

What chases you throughout the game in RE7? Jack only chases you for like the first 20 minutes of the game and then you don't see him again until like 70% of the game where he's a boss.

I’m not sure if these were mentioned because I’m not gonna go through all the damn comments but perhaps Outlast or the forest?

The whole family, did you actually play the game or watched a playthrough?

Amnesia is good
Outlast 2

outlast 2 is fucking garbage, it's just 90% linear chase sequences

I can only play this game for like an hour or two and then drop it otherwise it scares the shit out of me. I’ve got a xenomorph tattoo and I’m still a big pussy.

>kitty horrorshow
I already got burned by enough of this tranny's shit games. I tried at least 5 of them and none of them were worth a single shit

>like concept of horror games
>don't like horror survival
i'm literally too retarded to manage inventory but most of the well regarded horror games of late have the survival element to them.

Going to mention Darkwood since I love any kind of horror game that relies more on tension and atmosphere than jump scares.

Attached: Darkwood_09.jpg (1920x1080, 174K)

But It's much easier to just emulate PS2 SH2 on pc
But if you're determined to play PC version Town Of Silent Hill on their effort has provided a much better guide for it on enhanced.townofsilenthill.com/SH2/

Bloodborne

finding ddlds is ezpz you mong
they're literally everywhere

Install the raw input mouse fix for Dead Space. instead of the shitty mouse-emulating-an-analog stick cotnrols of the original, you get snappy responsive mouse input and just pop the legs off everything with the starter gun

Might not have been as scary as it would for a kid on console playing with a shitty controller since you dont have to fight bad controls anymore, but it's a fairly fun shooty tooty explory wory game

this. also replace the ingame soundtrack with some shitty pop music. who wants scary music amirite lmao don't forget to play on easy, we pcgamers are pros

>rooms with japanese dolls

You are cancer

God I fucking hate Dead Space
Boring shit protagonist with a boring shit story and it isn't scary.
>B-BUT YOU SHOOT THE LIMBS!!!! NOT THE HEAD!!!! THATS SO INNOVATIVE!!!!!!!
you're literally just aiming in a different spot, barley makes a difference.
Fucking dead space man. Stupid bullshit re4 ripoff

Attached: ede.jpg (400x599, 24K)

Do you happen to be a console user who is somehow jealous of games supporting mice?

You don't have to be jealous of computer mice, user. you can get a computer and you can get a mouse and then you too can play computer games with your mouse. You don't have to be jealous or seethe on Yea Forums over it

nice shit taste

Ive been playing Deadwood on switch and I’m seriously surprised y’all motherfuckers don’t talk about that more. It’s fucking phenomenal

Unironically Kotor 2

That new Love, Sam indie game one is kinda good in the well executed jumpscare sort of way. Loses its touch on repeated playthroughs and if you mess up and repeat segments though.

Just play VR Horror Games.

Deadwood or Darkwood? Either way, shit taste, both are bad.

>When some arab woman actually gives the only decent advice
What is wrong with amer*can """males""" and """fe"""males

Darkwood. Terrifying and stressful indie survival horror game.

I genuinely can't handle more than an hour of this game at a time. The atmosphere is so thick you could cut it with a knife

Name what you think is good so I can call it shit regardless of its actual quality.

Attached: 1560046131565.jpg (3840x2160, 1.46M)

silent hill 2,3, layers of fear 1

only first-person games can be scary

>Want to play Fatal Frame 2 on ps2
>tfw English dub

Attached: 1565295703326.png (1006x724, 746K)

One of the few games where it's justified hearing the ghosts scream niggers wouldn't be the same if I had to read subtitles

It pulls me out of it though, the obvious japanese settings and characters not speaking japanese is just weird to me.

Alien Isolation picks up after you blast the first alien off of the station