It appears as though there is some confusion amongst the populace in regard to the lore of Doom 2016 and Doom Eternal...

It appears as though there is some confusion amongst the populace in regard to the lore of Doom 2016 and Doom Eternal. Allow me to clear this up for you...

1. DoomSlayer and Doomguy are two(2) entirely different people. Doom 2016 is a reboot of Doom 1, not a continuation from Doom 64. Doom Eternal will be a reboot of Doom 2: Hell on Earth. Doom 64 has nothing to do with Argent D’nur between the time he Doomguy goes to Hell and the time when he is captured. Therefore, they cannot be the same person as the timeline is completely broken.

2. DoomSlayer is not human. He is a humanoid with distinct human features, but he is a native of Argent D'Nur. He was once their king and the leader of the Night Sentinels.

3. After losing his son in combat, the anguished DoomSlayer made a pact with a demon priest to resurrect him and in turn transformed his son's soul into the Icon of Sin and causing Argent D'Nur to be subjugated by Hell. DoomSlayer is The Betrayer.

4. Some lesser minded individuals have come to the conclusion that DoomSlayer is actually Doomguy, who was left in Hell in Doom 64 and eventually discovered by the Night Sentinels during the First Age. This is obviously incorrect, as the inhabitants of the dimension he returns to (our dimension) are completely oblivious in regards to the existence of Hell (with the exception of certain high-ranking UAC personnel) . Such an idea is preposterous as the entire earth was destroyed and humanity was nearly wiped to extinction in Doom 2.

Note: Headcanons regarding "alternative dimensions" which resemble the original dimension in every conceivable way sans the demonic invasion are retarded and belong solely within the minds of the aforementioned lesser-minded folk.

TL;DR: Fuck jannies and fuck you.

Attached: DE.jpg (460x215, 79K)

>DoomSlayer and Doomguy are two(2) entirely different people
Stopped reading there

fpbp

Attached: Doom Eternal Doomguy in a cannon.webm (640x360, 2.97M)

Same

/thread

Attached: 1411403794266.png (902x835, 420K)

doom slayer isnt the betrayer. the betrayer GAVE the doom slayer the armor.

you mean the wretch

Who is the betrayer. The betrayer is the wretch who shall not be named. See, stupid faggots like OP can't manage to remember that the shit about the betrayer is in the Wraiths lore, not the Slayer's Testament, and can't see where the two different stories connect.

Source: my ass

i am OP, stupid. doomslayer is the betrayer obviously.

No, the betrayer gave the Doom Slayer his armor, which was the armor of the Night Sentinels. Did you not notice how the Slayer Testaments are not in chronological order? Did you not notice that the bit about "His wrath was swift and terrible" was about the resurrected son, not the Betrayer?

Can you even read?

Listen nerds i don't know much about this but I will provide a little piece of research I just found that's interesting:

In the Wraiths III codex piece, this is stated:
"Lead there by the wretched Betrayer"

interesting that the word "wretched" was used to describe the Betrayer. Definitely sounds to me like the Wretch and the Betrayer are the same being.

based

Doomguy can't be the Betrayer if he's canonically celibate. Apply yourself newfag.

No.

Attached: my severe OCD in image form.png (918x2500, 2.56M)

this

Attached: 1446697048463.png (255x139, 49K)

you fought angels in doom 2 ? i dont remember that. let me tell you something about doom eternal. it forced itself on your mother and on release date youre gonna have a half human half blueray sibling that cant survive without assisstance.

>doom
>lore
KYS

This. No idea what prompted this insane denial.

>the betrayer gave the Doom Slayer his armor, which was the armor of the Night Sentinels

*gif of donald trump saying WRONG*

How many times have you posted this copypasta

Not enough.

Attached: eu.png (100x128, 33K)