Can we still save the zombie genre?

Can we still save the zombie genre?

Attached: IMG_20190815_104834~01.jpg (1920x1440, 904K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/uGQjObaFIRU?t=517
youtu.be/3yXOf57kVIs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

So, what is the story behind this picture?
why do you asociate harmless and cute deers with zombies?

>cute
No way in hell would I wanna be around bucks when there are does around.
Fuckers are territorial and will charge you around their family.

ah so, just like zombies.

Not really. Every now and then, there will be a zombie game, a good one even - but the craze is over and done with.

It's Nara, they have been fed for so long that they don't have any fear of humans

A certain type of mutated mushroom from fukushima is releasing spores that is giving some kind of rabies to the deers.

> why do you asociate harmless and cute deers with zombies?
Just try holding food in front of them and see what happens

Hopefully not.

youtu.be/uGQjObaFIRU?t=517

fug. open the link or skip to 8:37, it didn't embed at the right time

>friends come to visit Japan during the holidays
>tell them it'll be too crowded, but that's the only time they can come
>Go to Nara Park
>Chinks and SEA monkeys fucking everywhere
Japan needs to just ban them already.

Attached: DSC_0107.jpg (3840x2160, 2.9M)

Yeah, dont talk about zombies for 25 years so everyone forgets how oversaturated it is

>Work as a full time English teacher
>take students to Nara park to interview foreigners
>shitload of chinese
I used to live in Tokyo and I dont remember seeing many chinese. They love kansai for some reason.

Attached: 1399900809452.jpg (251x224, 7K)

They are pretty much in all major tourist cities
Between the deer and the Chinese, who are the zombies?

I'm a grad student in Tokyo. There are 50+ Chinese tourists on campus taking pictures and being loud on any given day. They're very much here. If there's an event like comiket or something, forget it. It's not just the venue that's packed, but Akiba, Nakano Broadway and the Gundam Base are basically all unusable for that entire week.

for real?

why is she sucking his dick?

>There are 50+ Chinese tourists on campus taking pictures and being loud on any given day
At a fucking school? I thought Japan was really strict about not allowing that kind of nonsense.

no

That sounds cool man, how is your life on Tokyo?
be honest, do you have a japanese girlfriend?

I was living in Itabashi-ku, so thats probably why I didnt see many.

>At a fucking school?
It's Todai, but I still don't understand the copious amount of tourists here. I'd go take a picture, but I'd rather not sweat out 3 liters of sweat right now.

Has the rain reached Tokyo?

It's been pouring like crazy in short bursts since yesterday.

>decide to check the forecast for tokyo
>almost exactly the same as mine except for sunrise/set
>13 degrees latitude further north though
kek, people must be dying.

This, I went to Japan a few months ago, and Nara, while they don't expect everyone to feed them, if it looks like you are, they will not be denied.

Attached: IMG_0753.jpg (2576x1932, 1.47M)

Any fatalities yet?

Attached: Screenshot_20190813_125525_com.android.chrome.jpg (1080x2240, 628K)

Lammas are cuter.

Attached: 1461474067435.jpg (2000x1192, 540K)

The straw.

Finally there's someone else who would take the straw

Hey guys whats going on in this thread

Attached: 1565385175492.jpg (350x490, 38K)

JESUS TITTYFUCKING CRACK SMOKING CHRIST ON A MOPED

Dying Light 2 should be good since the first one was, and just this year Days Gone was surprisingly great even though most people slept on it. The hordes are what most of these games have always been missing and it nailed that. As a genre though? It is played out, not a lot of potential beyond just increasing the volume and scale of hordes as technology gets better and telling good, character driven stories within that context which is why Days Gone works.

Only old people that live next to mountains or low lying areas. There are too many chinese and old people here.

Dying Light 2 is focusing on humans though.
Sure you run through buildings with zombies but the entire premise is standing against humans.

Attached: QLZ952e.jpg (800x450, 33K)

What about a pandemic style game where you are the zombie and need to infect everyone?

I thought Days Gone was good?

youtu.be/3yXOf57kVIs

The child on the video stood no chance. They're very viscous. These deer will gang up and surround you when you're not paying attention. They're rounded up in a protected area or they will eviscerate anything they see moving.

It is, but it's not really a zombie game (the freakers aren't zombies despite attacking in hordes, they're still alive and just mutated, feral humans operating as a hivemind). Most of the story is more about the people, their relationships and conflicts between different survivor groups.

its honestly kind of busted.

outside of the fact its the basis for survival.
You could do so much shit with water transmutation. hell its the only one that could actually rebuild society nearly instantly.
Water is one of those things fucking cities are built around.

>Let's let 100s of people suck from this little tube at the same time and without murdering each other

Yeah good luck m8.

hook it to a gravity pump.

It's just gonna disappear tomorrow. And dudes are ganna start murdering each other.

thats why you cut it into pieces.

Did they dead?

These deer have rough fur and lay their droppings everywhere. Kawaii desu ne.

Attached: 1551610324242.png (500x397, 107K)

Dog or gun

yeah just watch the walking dead season 10 coming soon to a TV near you (i think they're at 10? could be higher)

Not OP but chronic wasting disease is also known as the 'zombie deer virus' in the states.

Symptoms Include
>drastic weight loss (wasting)
>stumbling
>lack of coordination
>listlessness
>drooling
>excessive thirst or urination
>drooping ears
>lack of fear of people

Attached: thisisfine.jpg (2221x1025, 798K)

speaking of which is it worth picking up

Yes, very much so. It pleasantly surprised me because I went in expecting something mediocre and it is actually one of the best games I've played all year. The story and characters are great and fighting the hordes is really fun. It's an underrated gem. Just know going in that the story is a slow burn and takes a while to really get going, but it was worth sticking with until it does imo.

what sort of game is it? is it more like an open world?

ngl Batman's grapple gun is objectively the best choice for the hardest mode world war z or L4D of a zombie apocalypse. If it's easy mode dying light or dead rising then bow is objectively the best.
>not knowing how to hunt animals with your bow
>not knowing how to turn your meat into jerky
>not knowing how to collect and filter rain water

Yes, open world. The map is pretty big. I guess I'd compare it most to The Witcher 3, Mad Max, and RDR2; especially the latter in that it has a very modern Western tone to the story and very similar pacing.

Attached: M8.png (191x183, 86K)

On one hand it's a child on the other hand she's so helpless, what the hell would i do? Tell her to punch the deers, that doesn't seem right.

Attached: brudda.jpg (480x360, 10K)

I wish it has a demo

All super useful. But I have to go with the radar. If I remain a fair distance from zombies, then I don't need many of the defensive items. Water might be a problem though. I don't know how to find water. But I guess I would travel near the rivers and streams.

so cute

you just know...

>viscous

>Chinks and SEA monkeys fucking everywhere
Same shit in Akihabara. Every single restaurant was flooded with Chinese rats so I decided to just stay in my house until the 19th.