Is this worth getting or is it a meme? DS4 dpad feels kind of shit to me for fighting games

Is this worth getting or is it a meme? DS4 dpad feels kind of shit to me for fighting games.

Attached: hori-fighting-commander-ps4-1.jpg (719x464, 98K)

I am unhappy with this product.the dpad sucks

What's a better alternative?

For the longest time I thought that dualshock controller's dpads were separate buttons but it's actually an illusion and the whole thing is one big shitty dpad make to look like separate buttons. (I've never owned a Playstation console and my exposure to them is limited)

It's great for 3D fighters if you Claw with your Right hand. Tekken/SC/DoA

It's unoptimal for 2d anime fighters like GG though

What would you use for 2D?

DS4 has best dpad. Depends though. I use a hitbox.

I use the Xbox version on 360, Xbone, and PC and have had no problems with it.
Wish they made this version for the Switch instead of that fucking shitty near clone of the official one.

Was thinking of getting the xbone version (mostly for KI). any chance you can list pros and cons?

GENESIS DOES

It's just a controller that does it's job.
Only cons I can think about are that it has no right analog support at all (you can assign the d-pad to emulate the left stick if needed) and the programming mode is a little tricky to use to the point I can't even remember how to use it now.

I have one and I prefer it over stock ds4

i'm starting to play USF4 with a xbox360 controller but i don't get myself comfortable, do you recommend any pad? what about ds4?

Attached: 1565568384138.png (1200x1237, 553K)

D-pad makes my thumb sore after an hour of straight playing. I even wrapped my thumb with athletic tape. its still better than the xbox or ps4 controller. Overall, I rather use a fight stick.

How hard do you press on the d-pad? I've went through over 2 hours sessions on BoI:Rebirth before with the Xbone version and never had sore thumbs.

Get a Saturn controller, Retrobit sells repros that are made from the original moulds and feel great. They're a bit cheaper than the Hori controller too, but don't work on consoles (at least PS4 and Switch, not sure about Xbone).

Attached: SaturnPad.jpg (1138x692, 358K)

Its actually great for platform type games. My thumbs only hurt when I play fighting games like Street fighter that require half circle inputs and hadokens

How well does this integrate into games? Is it recognized as a controller or do you have to fiddle around with it?

Just get the M30.

Attached: 71pyu4d+YaL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 86K)

that's a good d-pad if you hate your left thumb. DS4's d-pad is literally the best since those Madcatz SFIV pads that copied the Saturn's.

only if you prefered 6 button other wise ds4 is better

Straight plug an play for PC and the version you get for console. My PC thinks my PS4 one is an xbox controller though. still works

The retrobit Saturn works with Brooks PS3 to PS4 converter.
Look it up.

That's how all dpads are dumb ass, open a controller up some time

A saturn controller, or that 8 bitdo knock off

>Just get the M30.
Not Tournament legal motherfucker.

>Best dpad
>Registers back as up + back constantly
Uhhhhh

These smooth Hori dpads are the only ones that don't make my thumb sore.

dualshock segmented dpad makes my thumb sore

Now that it's decided that all these controllers have deficiencies in one way or another, whats a good basic fight stick (that works with Xbone). Doesn't have to be the best, just good enough for someone who plays against friends occasionally.

Go for it, it's not too expensive and it feels better

I love it. Used to hurt my thumb a lot, but I realized that was because I always did inputs on the edges of the d-pad. I started doing inputs closer to the center, and it's never hurt since.

>Reminder fighting game fans are the only ones encouraged to buy extra peripherals to play their games better

Aren't you tired of being shilled on top of season passes?

t. changes his GPU every year

Attached: 1565519656830.gif (500x282, 2.55M)