But why was it so good?

But why was it so good?

Attached: halo-3-box-art.jpg.optimal.jpg (1080x600, 148K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/jBiHMsKX1AM?t=947
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

worst campaign best multiplayer

reach and odst best campaigns

>worst campaign
ODST is worse, it's way more forgettable

Because Bungie put everything but the kitchen sink in it, ignore the trolls.

2 is better

This, I'm convinced anyone calling it and Reach the best is baiting.

SOUL

nah New mombasa x10 was pretty goat
if anything out of bungie was worse it was 1's open areas but not completely bad

2 was a disappointment.

Forge and custom games

I could talk for half an hour about the fine points of why it was good, but let's not kid ourselves, you and I already know that. I'll just jump to the conclusion. It delivered. It was easily one of the most hyped games of all time, and nobody was disappointed by it. Maybe some people think less of it now, but nobody at the time put that disc in their xbox and thought "I waited for this?" The sum of its parts was perfect. Halo 3 finished its fight, so satisfyingly that a lot of the fanbase was completely content with ignoring Halo 4.

>if anything out of bungie was worse it was 1's open areas
You couldn't be more wrong

Shit taste

Yeah, but I'm glad the series ended there.

Attached: .png (1200x1200, 1.8M)

That reach

Silent Cartographer was one of the good levels off the top of my head
sneaking onto the corvette and freeing the prisoners kinda sucked
final pillar of autumn would have been worse if it wasnt for the warthog section
and the open levels would have been better if it was more populated instead of being dropped off by spirits

best campaign best multiplayer

whats the best campaign if i can ask?

Attached: image.jpg (716x955, 163K)

easily

H3 is the best campaign as it is the most consistent. CE arguably has higher highs but Silent Cartographer can't carry the whole game.
CE and ODST quickly follow but rely on copy-pasting levels too much. CE > ODST as the shotgun in that game is actually satisfying to use.
Reach is next as the decisions that ruined multiplayer make campaign pretty fun. Also a large amount of mission/enemy variety.
2's legendary mode is sadly fucked, would rate higher than Reach otherwise.
4 is hot garbage.
I never played 5.

Attached: H3ODST_MombasaBattle_Concept.jpg (1920x1128, 1.17M)

Is it possible to mention Halo without you showing up?

Attached: 1563246791752.jpg (2779x1696, 334K)

I will always be here.
Let's discuss the Sangheili anatomy.

Attached: .png (1840x2130, 2.49M)

because every level aside from 'Cortana' was great and Legendary difficulty struck the exact right balance of challenge

I haven't played the 343 games but Reach had the worst campaign.

Cool graphics and physics, spiritual ending of the series, and Forge

>2's legendary mode is sadly fucked, would rate higher than Reach otherwise.
What the fuck, and Reach's isn't? Reach has the worst implementation of Legendary in the whole franchise.
Elites have the amount of health fucking Hunters had in CE, you can literally throw your ENTIRE stack of sticky grenades on one and not even bring the shield down. Fuck Reach.

This, I've played 343's games.

I remember elites being more hunched over than the art you keep posting suggests. Explain this.

Attached: progression of the Halo series.webm (720x404, 548K)

Why couldn't I kill and Elite with a Plasma Rifle in Reach? That was such bullshit.

They're mostly hunched over in gameplay to make themselves equal to Spartans. They're more upright in cutscenes.
youtu.be/jBiHMsKX1AM?t=947

Attached: .png (3474x2016, 2.1M)

Why is the only thing they're good for is getting killed by Chief and nothing else?

Because you have bad taste.

Attached: .png (1456x1595, 971K)

*an

Spent most my time in custom games. Had some great memories from it.

No, I don't, the worst thing to happen to Halo was making Elites your allies, I honestly hope Arbiter dies one day so his Swords can join Sali Nyon and make a huge Covenant bigger than Jul's because Elites are better as enemies.

>The worst thing to happen is breaking up the repetition by making some of the aliens allies.

Attached: Laughing Aliens.jpg (1728x804, 508K)

>it delivered

That's all you need right there. If you were fortunate enough to play this game with your sibling or maybe a really good friend sitting next to you, neither of you motherfuckers brought up how the game itself disappointed you.

You finished the fight, became bros with the Elites, saved the galaxy and played a shit-ton of Fat Kid.

Good times were had.

Elites were better enemies than Brutes in Halo 2 ad Brutes were fun to fight in Halo 3 but they weren't Elites.

That really doesn't seem right but I can give it a replay. The strongest ones I remember took two sticks at most before dropping shields and being open to hard ping/a couple more shots.

I think blammite also took two supercombines.

Phenomenal 2 and 4 player Co-Op experience. Strong story with lots of easter eggs and nods to mythical lore that was drip fed just enough to make the player marvel at the grandeur of Forerunner.

ELDER GOD TIER SCORE.

THAT FUCKING AD/ CAMPAIGN THAT LED UP TO LAUNCH, HOLY SHIT THERE HASN'T BEEN A SINGLE GAME SINCE HALO 3 THAT HAS MEMORABLY CAPTURED SUCH AN EMOTIONAL MAGNITUDE.

THE FUCKING ARK.

THE FORWARD UNTO DAWN MOMENT WHEN SHE COMES RIGHT UP TO NEARLY KISSING YOUR FACE.

THE ABSOLUTE SCALE OF EVERYTHING. EVERYTHING!

THIS MOMENT:
Sangheili Major: "Brute ships. Staggered line! Shipmaster, they outnumber us, three-to-one!"
Shipmaster Rtas 'Vadum: "Then it is an even fight."

AAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLL the memorable one liners delivered by a variety of characters.

ASSAULT ON THE CONTROL ROOM PART DEUX!

THAT ENTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRE LAST LEVEL, bring Halo 3 full circle to the final mission of Halo 1.

THE FINAL BONDING MOMENT ARBITER AND CHIEF SHARE AS THE INSTALLATION 004 GOES UP IN FLAMES, interestingly 004 is how 117 stopped the destruction of all life in the galaxy, and 004 is how Thel Vadam in his campaign against humanity fell from grace and became the Arbiter--and with its destruction, the implication that he was finally purified of his great sin of genocide by saving the galaxy once again. That while he cannot ever be forgiven for what he did, he can at least be trusted as a brother in arms and they can begin the path towards peace so that time will eventually allow the wounds to heal.

And finally,

THE FORERUNNER TIER MULTIPLAYER.

It is unquestionably one of the greatest games released of all time. It is also one of the only games that I can think of where when someone asks for an example of a "cinematic" experience, you can point to and say "that's how you fucking do it. Anything less is trash."

Attached: 1537905089255.jpg (5751x3204, 2.03M)

>open area good
>tunnel sections/non-open areas bad
>the final leave would be bad if it didn't have this good part
>open levels with dropships bad, even though it would break the gunplay and level design
user, I....

This also speaks volumes.

Attached: 9xPEUCx.png (1116x578, 59K)

>A decade later and it still has some features that somehow aren't standard even in console FPS

I don't even like Halo that much. But it had a full-fledged replay system, a sandbox mode to edit placement of various entities, can customize base gameplay modes extensively, and the means to share all these in-game, including smaller clips from replays. You can also have splitscreen play with some friends locally and go online together as well, be it through one or more accounts with an online sub. There's all kinds of matchmaking playlists too, like a 2v2v2v2 format and different preset games made around it.

Seeing how popular the game used to be, why isn't this kind of shit made standard?

Attached: 1476347959279.png (540x421, 203K)

2 has more memorable quotes