Antagonist is evil because...he's evil

Antagonist is evil because...he's evil

Attached: 26626272.jpg (640x640, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

playstationlifestyle.net/2019/07/25/former-employees-tell-naughty-dog-crunch-horror-stories/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Imagine not being able to understand a fucking naughty dog game

white people for ya

>black woman is clearly evil too
>but does a self righteous 180 out of fucking nowhere, even though greed and getting paid for work is in her fucking job description
>gets a happy ending in the sequel because black women can never be villains
I will never not be mad about this.

Imagine being mentally retarded enough to make the same thread multiple times each day.

go drink some bleach, shit stain

Imagine being mentally retarded enough to comment in them.

I just beat the game, there is nothing evil about this guy. Show me one evil thing he did.

Just because you dont like the villain doesn't make him evil.
That fag certainly wasn't evil just an egotistical narcissist with a lot of cash.
Sometimes things are more complicated than "good evil" if only slightly

Protagonist is good because...he's good

Antagonist doesnt need to be evil, he becomes antagonist the moment he starts preventing protagonist from reaching his goal

Rafe is the only Uncharted antagonist that isn't that, though.
She was just a mercenary that bailed out when she saw his obsession was not going to end well for anybody.

Attached: 1465334979339.png (500x606, 395K)

Okay, but it was a 180 though. She showed literally ZERO FUCKING SIGNS of hesitation or trepidation up until that exact point. Just admit that Neil Druckberg didn't want to make a woman of color a villain

drake and his bro murdered all those people on his property . Why didn't he just call the cops??

>She showed literally ZERO FUCKING SIGNS of hesitation or trepidation up until that exact point
did you fall asleep during the cutscene where Sam has her at gunpoint and Rafe just goes "lol idc shoot the bitch"

I still laugh my ass off of how some people (mainly Yea Forumsfags) actually complain about the lack of inherently evil characters in media. In 2019, some people still want the same two-dimensional writing.

>we want the Jake Gyllenhall cinematic experience

based and hairpilled

Attached: kino.jpg (500x500, 30K)

The similiarity is insane

Attached: image.jpg (500x410, 25K)

He cute

How would you fix Uncharted 4's story Yea Forums?

He was bluffing and that was barely built up anyway

Remove Nadine. Either that or keep Rafe and make Nadine the true villain. Also, instead of Nathan having a girl with Elena, it's a fucking boy because fuck Neil for sabotaging that shit

Delete Uncharted 1-3 so the Sam shit isn't a retcon and have Elena be braless during the dinner scene

Easy
> 1. Remove Nadine
> 2. Remove Flashback segments
> 3. Both Nate & Rafe die during the final boss fight

He's not so much evil as he is a sociopath obsessed with being better at something than Nate that becomes completely unhinged in the end.

Neil Druckman had Joel tell a black woman to go fuck herself before shooting her in the head.

go back to amy hennig's version of the story

Stick with the original twist that Nate's brother was the villain. Keep the ghosts since that thematically fits with Nate confronting "ghosts" of his past. Remove all the stupid childhood brother shit that contradicts and ruins the much more captivating origin story presented in 3.

God Damon Uncharted 4 fucking sucks. I hate Druckman. That fucker can't write.

The childhood flashbacks from 4 make no sense with the one in 3. How did Nate go from living in an orphanage in Boston with his older brother and having a dead mom who was an Archaeologist to beinh a lone orphan in South America with no known family stealing from a museum and getting adopted by Sully? The introduction or Nate's brother and family history was extremely clumsy and contradictory. Sam and Nate should not have known they were brothers until later in the story. They'd start out as rivals and then that revelation would bring them to work together. At any rate, I already know what the original version of the story was anyway though, and it was way more supernatural and dark.

This, the original version of Uncharted 4 would have been easily been the best game of the generation

These. Hennig's version about the undead cursed pirates and Sam being the villain who kidnaps Nate's wife and kid to coerce him into finding the treasure was better and more fitting of the series.

>God Damon Uncharted 4 fucking sucks. I hate Druckman. That fucker can't write.

He treats his employees like shit too:

“ we started doing seven day work weeks for a little while and even did some 24 hours shifts where we’d come in at 10 AM and leave 10 AM the next day. “

“ We worked our asses off only to be treated as if we didn’t belong. It sucked “

“ Also, we were paid barely above minimum wage, so again, management used the notion of making overtime pay to keep us longer. During crunch time, which lasted many months, we could be working anywhere from 60 to 80 hour weeks on average. I remember hitting 100 plus hours the final week of development “

playstationlifestyle.net/2019/07/25/former-employees-tell-naughty-dog-crunch-horror-stories/

seethe harder

She was so forced in both 4 and Lost Legacy, and the latter was such a bland and soulless game. Was definitive proof that Uncharted does not work without Nathan Drake. Even though Chloe is a good character she just isn't strong enough to carry the adventure like he does. None of the other supporting characters are, not even Sully. They only work when revolving around and bouncing off Nate.

is it not actually him? I saw the op and assumed he was face capped or something

LOL no. If I ever directed the movie I'd very obviously pick him to play the real Rafe. Let's hope when the inevitable film adaption comes Hollywood doesn't get retarded and cast some fucking completely unrecognizable fuck to play the role.

Nadine was clearly the actual villain for the first 90% of the story. Rafe was practically being bullied by her. Having her bitch out in the end flew in the face of everything before. If anything she should have turned on him or he should have abruptly killed her. If she wasn’t mishandled the whole story and universe would be better. And Nate or Sam should have died too.

No, some other actor.

thats fucking crazy, its almost 1:1

Nadine was definitely as blatantly evil as Rafe, if not moreso. She was clearly trying to use him and would have betrayed him to take the treasure for herself had he not betrayed her first. She deserved to die way more than he did.

If that actually was the plot of Uncharted 4, it would easily be one of the best games ever made

Actually, in real life, some people are just evil. They don't even see themselves as the good. They know they are selfish. They know their actions hurt others. They know what they do is wrong, even by their own measures of morality. They just don't care.

And, no, they don't want to watch the world burn. They just want what they want, and don't care who gets hurt.

It was. Sam was originally supposed to be played by Alan Tudyk rather than Troy Baker, and when Druckmann took over he fired Tudyk for no apparent reason and recast Baker (probably as a favor and to save money or something). Alan Tudyk was pissed. Todd Stashwick, who was co-writing with Hennig, was supposed to play Henry Avery, who was still alive along with all the other pirates on the island. When she got ousted he too was fired. Essentially, they found the fountain of youth and it cursed them to live for eternity but always stuck there (like a mix of the first Pirates of the Carribbean and the Grail knight in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade). Avery and Sam were the antagonists of the story, but Avery was to be a more tragic character who once was a greed driven tyrant but who ultimately just wants help to break the curse and die after centuries of that torment. Sam is consumed by greed, like the pirates once were, and dies in the end clamoring for immortality and riches while the pirates are freed. The whole themes of the penitent and impenitent thieves in the version of the game we got were still there but much more blatantly echoed by that ending.

>Nadine: Hey Rafe we need to go
>Rafe: No
>*Slaps*
>Rafe: Oh BTW I paid all your men to kill you if you try anything funny
>5 minutes later
>Rafe: OMG Nadine why are you betraying me?!?

It's really not hard to work out

Is that Doctor Mike?

Attached: AGF-l78Ou_JIdBn62MO19mRg4_ZTSUD-ijfZEKm0QQ=s900-c-k-c0xffffffff-no-rj-mo[1].jpg (900x900, 92K)

Jake Gyllenhaal

Attached: 3266116.jpg (1280x720, 88K)

That's a far better ending and if I was in charge I'd fucking pick that. Druckman is a coward cuck who went for a safe formulaic dull ending.

>not even Sully
Fuck you, I want my 70s/80s Sully prequel

>People pretending that shithouse version that Hennig was making sounded good just because they hate Druckmann

Yikes

I agree the lack of skeleton pirates was total blue balls, but making Sam a villain would have felt so dull. Making him a sort of gray character is more interesting

Sully is boomer kino

It's darker and more interesting.

If you like the safe, formulaic drivel, then Disney Nu-Wars is more up your alley.

And then Hillary lost.

Sam being the bad guy and being revealed to be the brother is the most predictable Disney shit I've ever heard

They still could've done that. Rafe is a gray character, not really villainous, not really a hero,he's selfish in his own way but morally in the middle; he saved Nate after all in the beginning.

he was jealous

Attached: Rafe.webm (768x432, 2.96M)

She still had a chance when U4 came out.

Name 10 evil things about him.

He was going to be somewhat sympathetic, but ultimately very selfish and resentful. Angry at Nate for never sharing any of the previous treasures with him when he needed help getting out of debt with some bad dudes and such. And he felt like Nate owed him this due to various reasons from their childhood, blaming him the deaths of their parents as well. But he let that greed and anger take over so much that he tries to kill Elena and her child with Nate and just goes full psychopath more or less. I'm not opposed to the version of Sam we got that isn't a bad guy, but I think the darkness and personal nature of the conflict as it was originally is a much stronger story. And it all fits better with the rest of the series, especially the supernatural elements.

1. His haircut
2. His alcoholism
3. His white suit. Nobody good wears a white suit.
4. The unhinged, hateful look in his eyes that only gets more noticeable as the story goes.
5. His greed
6. He murders the corrupt prison guard for no real reason
7. He leaves Sam to rot in prison which is not what bros do
8. He has bad taste in women
9. He manipulates Sam into using and betraying his own brother
10. Uh... Jackie Chan

>3. His white suit. Nobody good wears a white suit.

Opinion discarded

Attached: 3627272.jpg (1422x800, 153K)

I didn't follow Nathan's light hearted Indiana Jones adventures for almost 10 years only for him and his brother fucking die at the end, go play TLoU if you want that edgy crap.

Nate was never going to die in the end, just his evil brother.