Best Elder Scroll class? I want to try Nightblade after playing as Spellsword

Best Elder Scroll class? I want to try Nightblade after playing as Spellsword.

Attached: D7SPEwhWkAARp8J.jpg (2048x1370, 595K)

Anything other than warrior in this series is seriously gimped or you have to metagame to succeed

I don't know about "best" but I always enjoy a Pilgrim playthrough, worthlessness of medium aside.

Not even close. Magic made you broken in both Morrowind and Oblivion with spellcrafting and stealth archer is by far the easiest way to play Skyrim.

Figuring out how the leveling system in this game worked really sapped the magic out of these classes.

Do people actually play the stock classes?

stealth archer

Did you actually fling spells at enemies though? Having to go back and buy new spells from level 1 because they quickly became useless? Having to learn enemy resistances? (not sure if morrowind had those)

Stealth archer is pretty strong in skyrim, true.

>not knowing how absolutely broken enchanting+alchemy+spellmaking was before skyrim

They're all terrible. Custom class is the only way to go.

t.user who has only played skyrim

Why are you all talking about minmaxing custom classes to make the game as easy as possible like that's something to be proud of? Do you play all your gamesr on very easy?

Who cares if a class is weak, do you need broken things to finish the game?

Stealth archers are the best

Are you implying that learning what enemies are weak/strong to is actually hard to do? Similarly, in Morrowind and Oblivion, you can completely, easily negate any of the main resistances.

Aren't all these guys the same?

The Sorcerer was great in Oblivion. I never played pre-mades in Morrowind.

This guy is wrong.

Ok so you've only played Skyrim gotcha

>Can't find the armor sets in the class images
>Only generic shit that barely resembles it

TOOODDDDDDDD!!!!!

Attached: 1559600696378.webm (1440x508, 1.75M)

Do you play a bad class on purpose to make the game harder? I don't understand.

What makes you say that?

was about to post the exact same thing, the sorcerer looks very unique, and even the armour sets in the class art which are in the game look terrible in comparison.

Attached: 1516279440680.jpg (415x350, 27K)

I wish oblivions start was different so if you picked a class you would receive the items to rp as that class

OB literally has a mod for that

Why isn't my idea of the "magic rogue" more popular? is it some sort of witchhunter?
It's a magic based class, but uses stealth and summoned bows instead of destruction. Locks are open with alteration. The class works perfectly well in both Oblivion and Skyrim, and does both the assassins and the magic guilds, which are the most fun in the games.

Magic based

Intelligence and Agility

Conjuration
Marksman
Alteration
Light Armor
Alchemy
Sneak
Restoration

This is by far the most fun I had with any class

If I'm playing a roleplaying game I sure as hell don't pick a class based on what's the most optimal way to stomp through the game

I'd say sorc, but I always play a paladin type with blunt weapons, heavy armor, healing magic and conjuration with a dabbling in alteration. There are some premades that are close but never quite hit the flavor I want

>a paladin type with blunt weapons
Wouldn't that be a cleric type? Just saiyan.

The class skills aren't very well done in Oblivion like they are for Morrowind or Daggerfall, and I don't think they're meant to be adhered to very closely. If you're going to level only the class skills, then bard, nightblade, battlemage, sorcerer, and mage all end up pretty strong. I like playing monks, agents, and healers though, just because they're a little harder and I like pacifist/diplomatic types.

>No polearms since morrowind
This killed it for me desu.
Staffs aren’t the same thing

clerics wear lighter armor and focus more on magic
paladins wear heavier armor and focus on melee

No, fuck that WoW idea of paladins with swords. Paladins were always associated with maces. and a fucking shield, why no block skill

Ok but why pick a class if you know it's ineffecient to the playstyle you want? The whole point of an RPG is to play a role and unless you're on some level 5,000 deep RP shit playing as a retard who is bad at everything I don't see the point

Not the same user, but I've played a bard with no armor several times, and bards objectively suck at killing stuff after lvl 21. It's still a fun experience, if you want to focus on conversations with other characters and selling stuff. The role aspect of the game allows you to suck a combat to a certain extent if you want.

The fuck are you on about? How did you get "retard who is bad at everything" from not minmaxing to break the game lmao
The whole point of a roleplaying game is to play a role, that is to create a cohesive character and pick their class and skills and whatever accordingly

thief
the grayfox saved cyrodil all along!

I like playing as a regular thief who starts of as just a petty cut purse and then as he becomes more and more successful he starts getting into more magical and eldritch endeavors in his pursuit for power and wealth to the point where he's making deals with daedra and stealing artifacts from powerful mages in order to discover all kinds of esoteric secrets to the point where he doesn't even need to be stealthy any more, he can just blow people up with powerful shit he's "acquired". So, essentially a thief that turns into a nightblade/mage. It's a shame the stealth systems in the Elder Scrolls games discourages any kind of fulfilling pure rogue play style.

Attached: morag_tong_by_tomthebear_db5vpu0.jpg (1916x3350, 896K)

nightblade is the magic rogue

>No, fuck that WoW idea
I was actually thinking of D&D cliches but okay.

nightblade is objectively the best way to play. the fact that they got rid of these sick fucking drawings and their classes. classless killed the elder scrolls for me permanently.

nightblade doesn't use a bow, it uses... well, a blade...

Going invisible and giving enemies magical elemental pats on the back for max damage was overpowered in Oblivion. You only need a few seconds of chameleon/invis where you basically blink around enemies.

Anyone else think classes are a really dumb concept? Nothing sucks more than picking a class based on it's description and then getting 2 hours into a game only to realize that how that class actually plays in game is nothing like the description. You could start over and pick another, but then you've wasted all that time you already have invested in this character, and there's no guarantee that another class you choose will be any better. Or you could try to switch to another play style mid play-through, but now your skills are all over the place, your character is gimped, and you're not really good at anything, maybe you can't even beat the game anymore. Imagine reading a class description all about using speech and diplomacy to get out of situations, sweet talking people into doing what you want by appealing to their personal needs and desires and thinking "yeah, that sounds fun". Only you get into the game and find out the speech "mini game" only consists of clicking "bribe" a couple times and suddenly you're best buddies, or that for most quests in the game, diplomacy just isn't an option, and the game is clearly tailored around, and would be a lot more enjoyable with, combat. This isn't me badmouthing Morrowind or anything, but playing a class in one game is going to feel vastly different from playing that same class in another game, and having to commit to a play style before you even know what that play style will actually feel like in that particular game is silly.
This is one of the few things that Skyrim did better than any other Elder Scrolls game. Being able to build your character as you go along and having your skills develop organically according to the way you naturally find yourself playing the game makes much more sense.

Attached: yod.jpg (512x512, 32K)

paladin is broken. heavy armor, mace in one hand, healing in the other, get some magic resistance going on and you're set for any difficulty

>picking a class based on its description
that's where u fucked up, custom classes are the way to go

That doesn't really change anything though, because you can make a custom class thinking that those skills go really well together and then when you start playing you find out they really don't interact the way you thought they would, if at all. With Skyrim's system you can dabble a bit in a skill you think might be fun, give it a sort of trial run, and then if you find out you don't like it you can just drop it, or if you do like it you can keep going with it and make it a main skill. In a class system you're stuck with those choices you made all the way back at the beginning when you had no insight into how the game actually played. The only solution is to look up a build guide but that ruins the fun of having a character that's truly your own.

>classes
>in elder scrolls
Why?

There's literally nothing better than being a recluse ancap wizard who is all too eager to unleash some abhorrent eldritch magic on some poor prole after he failed to levitate up your giant mushroom tower like a normal person, just so you can claim he violated your NAP after the guards inquire about the mess of gooey remains on your doorstep.

Attached: wizards.png (180x209, 15K)