What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Attached: gow.jpg (1600x900, 201K)

That it took them this many games to get the combat right

whats with the kid haircut?

It's faceroll as fuck if you're not braindead
too much video, not enough game

Honestly, just the boy. It's clear that they were trying to make me give a shit and yet at no point in the game did I ever feel more than disinterest towards him, and then when he has his little ego trip my opinion changed to active hatred.

Replaced the testosterone with pure onions

Attached: 1565529122140.jpg (445x469, 43K)

nothing. it served its purpose of attracting more normies and redditors to the series, now they can go back to making good games

stupid movie game

Nothing

Didn't really give any reason for the stats to exist, or give me a reason to not just put gear on that increased strength.
Worlds were genuinely decent but some of them being "oh no you can't go hear cause Odin says so" or "This is just a battle arena" took away from the overall exploration that a psuedo-open world game should have.

t. future mass shooter

Attached: 1535890137259.png (1920x1080, 2.72M)

The Camera man and the Melodramatic script

3 was good ending to the story, everything after just felt like milking the name t b h

I always wanted God of war to go Viking but not with kratos at least not the main character

Literally the best combat and story in the entire series, this game is absolutely a fine 7/10, stop crying over this game already Yea Forums

Literally nothing. Could do without the tacked-on RPG mechanics though, also I guess Cory Barlog is insufferable.

Attached: 1551644676054.webm (1920x1080, 1.3M)

They took the Sony Entertainment Award Winning Barrier Breaking Immersive Interactive Cinematic Experience™ formula and slapped in on a video game universe it has no business being in.

Sure, nobody really wanted another God of War game, after 4 installments and 1 PSP game, one could easily say this franchise was played out.

But god damn was this pretentious and lazy. Holy fuck am I fed up with "video games" made by people who obviously didnt make it in hollywood and loathe gameplay since it gets in the way of the story, which in this case is a piss poor collection of clichés and contemporary tropes. Throwing in a son into the mix so they can just rip off The Road some more and use the character as a obvious tool of emotional manipulation.
They just cant fucking wait to jank the control out of your hand and show you all the cool shit they can do with the camera
>look, the camera sway and shake like it's held by a real cameraman
Just fucking why? It's a video game, why does it have to look like someone is holding a fucking camera in a video game universe? If that doesnt tell you that these people would rather be off making movies than video games, then I dont know what.

Yes I know it was made by the same people who made the previous God of War, but if you want to tell this fan fic tier story so badly, write a screenplay. Stop trying to make video games into hollywood just to scratch that fucking "video games is art" itch of yours. Which is subsequently why nobody will evert take video game seriously since it tries to be art on the premise of every other medium other than video games.

All the while the video game media roll over on cue like pavlovs dogs and cream themselves in exctasy.

Attached: 1555207258887.gif (200x270, 1.09M)

>What went wrong?
The gamers.

I fucking HATE these shitty AAA games with AI "companions" that follow you around and with neither the main character or the follower will ever shut up about anything. I hate this shitty trend and it should never have ever fucking existed.
The game itself is pretty good though.

With the one shot gimmick meaning the camera is constantly moving and panning through hectic cutscenes, having the camera glide like a fairy makes the game feel weightless and extra fake.

>What went wrong?
repetitive gameplay and like 3 types of foes in total

I don't like the shoehorned gear crafting mechanics and the open-but-not-really world could use some changes but I got it for free from my older bro and I'm having fun

GoW shouldn't be the only game which takes a legit shot at the Greek and Norse mythologies.
They are based as fuck, and could easily fit into more types of vidya, the GoW games are ass.

Attached: sample-45717d9389660119435e921c131766ce.jpg (1170x955, 327K)

not much

Attached: GOW.webm (1280x720, 2.99M)

2 psp games

enemy types could have been for varied.
other than that, the game was good.

You fight the same enemy over and over and again and again the entire game

ITT SEETHING sour grape fags

Attached: IMG_1106.png (755x757, 167K)

They insisted I engage in the story against my will instead of letting me just play the game.

2018 GOTY: God of War (PS4 exclusive)
2019 GOTY: Death Stranding (PS4 exclusive)
2020 GOTY: Final Fantasy 7 (PS4 exclusive)

It really felt like a "first episode" of a new series. Story is full of unfinished plotlines, many characters are mentioned rather than shown, there's even those realms that are present but you can't access them for some reason
They obviously had to cut a lot of content that will be present in future installments, but the game as it is now feels incomplete

Shhh... No spoilers please

Best game of 2018 and it was great. Everyone else is just a Switchlet because Nintendo can't write good stories or have good combat. Name one (1) similar Nintendo developed game with better combat.

The asshurt is amazing, literally everyone I know that actually played it thought it was great.

I dont like it because I can't spam square anymore until I see the giant triangle above their head to awesome.

Attached: 1563374301324.jpg (652x325, 53K)

Aren't the new consoles shipping in 2020 ? If so they will likely have killer apps at launch, so my guess is that GOTY 2020 will be either a Sony or Microsoft launch title, whatever it may be

What? There's way more than that.
Seems like signs of a good game is most people just lying about it.

Based on this webm you just need to spam the axe throw, and then press the cinematic counter to awesome.

Design was at odds with what the franchise is at it's core. You can't take a game that focuses on multi-target combat/ encouraging replay to master combat and glue the camera to the protag's shoulder and make each level have consistent, unskippable, exposition-heavy sections to mask loading areas. Aside from making the franchise pretentious (Kratos is a dumb character, we never needed him to be more that as long as were punching through giants heads, etc.), it completely fucks up what made the franchise fun to play in the first place for the sake of being cinematic.

By far the worst game of the series. They should've made this a new franchise so all the Sony storyfags could enjoy watching their game while not alienating those who were already fans because of the gameplay.

Over the shoulder camera is shit for action. No loading screens is a stupid meme. The world felt desolate in a bad way since there were like 8 characters in the game. An experienced God shouldn't get his shit pushed in by level 4 undead orcs.

Anyone who who isn't angry isn't a real gamer. This somehow won GOTY over RDR2 ffs.

Attached: 1544402517278.jpg (1080x600, 124K)

Cause its simply better you braindead ignoramus

I own a PS4 and none of these are legit games, nor will the amount of time you put into them be worth $60 compared to everything else releasing around them.

Attached: 1565825194604.jpg (225x225, 12K)

there is a bit more to it than that

Attached: Elf lords.webm (768x432, 3M)

Oh that's cute, now try the same on any other difficulty than very easy

How much will gamestop give me for this

I dont even want to keep it in my collection

Shitty camera. I don't mind the Axe. I don't mind the dad/son gimmick (because the devs are old now and should've been put out to pasture a decade ago). I don't mind that it's damned obvious that the game is incomplete.
I just hate the mother fucking camera.

The kid is only marginally better than this little turd fucker.

Attached: wesley-crusher-rainbow.png (408x624, 528K)

I played all 3 on either God or Titan and they were all the same. Feel free to cope more by making up shit though.

lol no. Storywise, Arthur is a waaaaaay better character, and content-wise there isn't even a comparison. GoW isn't even the best game in the franchise, much less best game of the year. Fuck it wasn't even the best combat game of 2018, that goes to MHW. Again, vastly superior in every way.

The game was pretentious as hell too, especially for such a dumb franchise, it only make sense that you woudl like it, judging from your wording.

Attached: 1538263111501.png (280x180, 7K)

Atreus looked like a lesbian they should of had matching armor

Literally nothing? It's the best selling game in the seires, highest customer and critical ratings, and won Game of the year over rockstar and mario?

Literally everything went right? unless of course you aren't living in reality.

Without mentioning the fact that you don't get to visit all the realms, what makes you think the game is incomplete?

>I haven't played the game, but let me tell you what's wrong with it!
Except it's not a "cinematic counter", everything after the shield parry is a separate set of moves you have perform yourself. The game isn't doing that, the player is.

>That goes to MHW

LMAO opinion invalidated

>All 3
You missed the PSP games and Ascension, mate.

Multiple different pathways that don't actually go anywhere but according to the map should for starters.

It's a homage to Astro Boy, I guess.

Attached: Astro_Boy_(2003).png (1434x1612, 208K)

God of War you play once and trade it in.

MHW you repeatedly play to master the game, kind of like what you used to do with the original 3 GoW games. Its objectively a better playcycle, you're just too dumb to understand, clearly.

Didnt own a PSP back then. And didnt play ascension because I heard it was marginally worse than the other 3.

All of these are explained by the gaming market growing and perpetuating itself through an established franchise.

If GoW was legitimately the best game you played in 2018 I feel bad for you because you missed a ton of shit or just have horrible taste.

I have played both of them. MHW is overcasualised garbage compared to the other game in its series and they somehow made the combat worse even though this game had like 2x the budget as the others.

Just.

They made the axe and blades of chaos look more and more like shitty wall hangers as you upgraded them.

As someone who never played the old God of War games, I loved it!
Honestly I never wanted to play the old ones, they looked very immature and cartoony
I like the style of this new one

>Arthur is a waaaaaay better character
Except he is apparently a major character in Marston's life, that was never mentioned or even alluded to in the first game. Which automatically makes him a shittier character. The entire story and the characters of RDR2 were ruined by making it a prequel to the first game.

Without the exclamation mark or the word immature, this would have been believable bait.

Someone post the quirky meme gifs

Attached: 1541907472472.gif (600x338, 3.78M)

>All of these are explained by the gaming market growing and perpetuating itself through an established franchise.
I never seen a more vapid buzzword soup statement lmao, you're not even making sense.

I played everything of relevance in 2018, and GOW was leagues better then all of them.