Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pApg-rvEvxo
youtu.be/t3IWCboWopQ
rpcs3.net/compatibility?s=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Demon souls is one of the only stable releases. Don't get your hopes up

>now
that shit's been out for years you fucking retard

I remember when DeS was niche and we were trying to get idiots on Yea Forums to play it and walk them trough the early parts with everyone dying over and over again just trying to get used to the controls and basic ideas.
God, what a mistake.
If i could go back and somehow prevent it i would in a heartbeat.
If there's one thing i learned over the years is, if you find any new game that is genuinely good, shut the fuck up and don't speak a pip of it on Yea Forums.

nice. I never got a ps3 so it'll be great to finally play DeS.

Congrats on being able to play a 10 (ten) year old game.

I played through all of Persona 5 with basically no issue.

>tfw there'll never be a remastered edition for the PS4
That, and Bloodborne, would have me possibly get a PS4.

I wish I was around to see that, I've got so many hours in DeS before I touched any of the Dark Souls games.

>Emulator
I honestly don't know why some of you guys run emus. How about you just BUY the fucking console so you can actually hold the fucking physical box and play it on the console it was intended to be played on. Don't tell me you can't afford a PS3 in 2019.

Attached: job.jpg (591x841, 52K)

How powerful is powerful? I have something approximately 1060-1070 equivalent (2060 mobile).

It's kind of a pain to turn it on and transfer the rom over, actually.

Maybe because DeS (just like every game in the series, especially BB), run like garbage on their intended console. Why not just play it on PC and have the superior experience? And who's to say people don't already have a PS3? I played it years ago on PS3, and if I want to play it again, why the fuck should I go back to it on there, when I could play it on PC where it'll run much better?

There's a fairly long list of stuff that runs well now, They may not 100% perfect but still good enough (or better than on PS3 in some cases, Demon's Souls not the only one with 60fps patches). We're not in obscure runs only 1-3 games territory anymore

>it was intended to be played on
why?

that's how dedicated software works

intended to run like shit

Attached: 1403414841668.jpg (151x233, 6K)

I use emus even though I have the original hardware

my PS3 is hacked and everything, but it's not even plugged because I don't really care to use it anymore

if I can emulate, I'll sooner do that. Especially if there's patches and other options to make the games run better. Plus I can use whatever controller I want rather than needing fucked up adapters for PS3 compatibility

>you'll need a copy of the game
Kek

because what the fuck else would you play?
based fromsoft making the only sony games worth buying two generations in a row

>OLD BAD

It's about damn time.

>tfw I played through all of it with waluigi ryuji mod.
Quite the experience.

Attached: unknown.png (989x560, 403K)

have you been living under a fucking rock

literally 2 years late

Attached: Demon's Souls 2018.09.30 - 21.52.33.43.jpg (1920x1080, 387K)

lol

60fps patch is new.

But I can't play DeS and Persona 5 in 60 fps then

>able to complete a garbage shovelware game nobody cares about from start to finish no slack
yeah I'm thinking it's decent

Attached: 81Bcsg8CytL._SX342_.jpg (342x393, 35K)

This is my favorite this about this kind of emulation. Rewards people that actually have the disc and kicks the freeloaders to the curb

so what this requires a disk drive? what the fuck. who unironically builds a pc with a disk drive in 2019

Attached: 1541139192450.png (617x347, 55K)

Did something change in the last month? I definitely had a miserable time trying to run this. I could play Nier just fine though.

>"You'll need a powerful PC and a copy of the original game"
>"and a copy of the original game"

why did this nigger write this?

>has a disk drive in his pre-built best buy pc
lol

You can obviously just play a pirated disk rip or PSN version but people who make articles like these like to emphasize that you should buy the game to avoid sounding like they suggest piracy.

Also
>Not having a disc drive to emulate all your old games.

the state of mentally challenged retards

retards

old games like what? ps2 garbo? no thanks m80

crazy it's older than you lmao

>lmao
Yeah, gonna have to call projection on this one.

Attached: 1561819645930.jpg (580x435, 33K)

>tfw mgs4 will never be emulatable due to nip autism and will eventually be impossible to play

majority of those wouldn't even read blu-rays anyway, typically it's just cd/dvd

>he doesn't know

>wojak poster

lmao has been around longer than you too

it doesn't work

Nier ran perfectly, GTX 1070, i5 6600k. What are guys emulating?

Are you under the impression that you can't just download an image of a game you want to run in RPCS3?

I'll be the one to drop the news for you user

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 136K)

Is there a list of console exclusive games on the PS3. By that I mean games that were released on the PS3 and Xbox 360 but not on PC, I know there's a PS3 exclusive list but I want those console exclusives with no PC release.

Yep ran smoothly in false 60fps overall tbqh

user, I...

To be fair, it's the only PS3 exclusive worth playing.

*what are you guys emulating?

my goodness if it actually works now this is one of the best birthday presents ever

>try to run a game on PCSX2
>literally have to spend 3-4 hours fiddling with settings and applying patches and plugins

Why is the PS2 such a piece of shit?

Anarchy Reign, dead to right retribution, shadows of the damned and lollipop chainsaw are a few on top of my head. Never dead too I guess

>pretending to be retarded

only reason it was intended for the console was to coax people into buying a shitty hunk of plastic. i'd rather play the game at it's best on something that can actually run games well. i dont need a physical box littering my living room

>try to run a game on PCSX2
>literally have to spend 2 minutes reading the wiki to change a single setting
wow it's fucking shit

>werks on my machine :)
Face it your emulator is shit

Thanks. I just remembered that there's Dragon's Crown for the PS3 and it's playable it seems. Guess I'll be playing some of that.

>uuuUHHHH GUUHHH
face it your brain is mush

I have a friend like you. said it was impossible to get his emulator to run smoothly. went to his house and got the game he wanted to play working in 5 minutes. at least he had the sense to admit he didn't know what the fuck he was doing.

>having mentally retarded friends
aren't you sweet

>boot game on OPL
>check if any settings need to be enabled
>90% of the time, they don't
>runs accurately
>plays accurately
>runs perfectly
Emulaters, when will they ever learn?

Those consoles eventually will dissapear and become more expensive and hard to find. Same goes for those games.
Getting those games in emulators will help to conserve the games for them.
Also, buying used electronics are always a bad idea since their components wear out as long as they are used and can't be replaced or repaired.

>Those consoles eventually will dissapear and become more expensive and hard to find. Same goes for those games.
boohoo, get a job and learn to take care of your shit.
>buying used electronics are always a bad idea since their components wear out as long as they are used and can't be replaced or repaired.
you should know how to do this if you're above the age of 18.

>play it at 720p 23fps with input latency
no

So, apparently this is playable. I'm downloading it right now and plan on playing it for the night. Too bad neither Resistance or Killzone games are playable, Resistance 3 and Killzone 2 are some of the best fps ever made imho.

Attached: 256px-Haze_boxart.jpg (256x304, 26K)

Muh sekcret club

I like playing games with the best framerate and graphics, go be a retard somewhere else.

I got 2 ps3s, 2 360s, 2 Wii Us, 2 PSTVS, 2 Vitas.

Im preparing for the long haul and will continue to pick up the odd last gen console at a flea market or pawn shop for $50. Nows the time to stock up bros, not when it breaks 10 or 20 years from now.

nice non argument
instead of that, ill do the easier thing and just emulate LOL
cry

>gets angry over someone saying lmao
you are a faggot

Attached: lady.gif (380x285, 1.97M)

>instead of that, ill do the easier thing and just emulate and cry
poor thing. It'll be okay.

Give it to me straigh, doc. Whats the minimum rigs that I need to have to run any ps3 games smoothly?

a ps3 and a usb stick

High end parts from the past few years, mainly a processor.

Yes, I will be fine playing all games at 60 fps.

he just sucks with computers.

The console dies after a while.

nah you just dumb

Attached: EBbf2x-WsAAYZ5X.png (280x278, 83K)

You can't "take care" of a hard drive, or disk reader, or anything. Consoles are designed to lock you out.

Poor thing, it'll be okay.

Attached: mgs4-pc.jpg (1439x808, 189K)

Because I don't like consoles.
I also don't give a fuck about holding a flimsy box.

>you'll need a copy of the original game

Attached: hahaha no.gif (300x222, 498K)

Better than 24 and improving! :D

Is he talking about you here?

Attached: you.png (602x96, 20K)

on the topic of the ps3
fuck this thing
even for a cheap alternative it felt like it was held together with scotch tape

Attached: super slim.jpg (385x305, 10K)

lookin' good

Attached: mgs4-pc3.png (1439x808, 1.29M)

Why would you give a shit? Does a game become less enjoyable for you if a lot of people suddenly start playing it? Are you really that much of a faggot?

Call me when Xbox 360 emulation works decently cause the only console exclusive from that generation I want to play is Ace Combat 6

Considering we have to deal with retards like you, yes, it's been a huge mistake. The world would be better if DeS was a one off, only sold a few tens of thosuands of copies, and From went back to making a variety of games like they did in the past.

You know what I meant, obviously you can take them apart but sourcing replacement components is not like ordering a new fan for a computer.

>oh no I have to use my brain and linus tech tips won't tell me what to do
seriously, kill yourself.

Xenia is getting pretty fucking close.
youtu.be/t3IWCboWopQ

>emulator runs the game at 60fps
>hurr durr can't you afford a ps3 in 2019?

>being this much of a white incel

Uwotm8?
I was playing Odin Sphere at 4k60 on an R9 Fury and an i7 4790 a year ago.

Attached: rpcs3_2018_07_30_21_00_53_304.jpg (3840x2160, 2.76M)

Yeah, so you could be an insufferable hipster about it and only tell YOUR friends to gratify yourself for your amazing taste.

Here's a suggestion for your reply:
>Friends.

>The world would be better if DeS was a one off, only sold a few tens of thosuands of copies
Explain why.
And for the record, I haven't played it.

You know what, you're half-right. A lot of common issues like RROD don't take much to fix. I'm just worried about parts availability in the future, unless someone makes a business out of making replacements, if there's a specific board for X console that dies for Y reason and can't be repaired by soldering or other means, only so many of those exist.

>got the game
>waited 6 hrs for mega cooldown
>got the emulator
>got the firmware
>got the patch

FINALLY BOYS

Imagine this board but without constant shitposting about the entire Souls franchise, more Armored Core games or FROM just being dead, and a small group of players that didn't shitpost and appreciated a good game.

>and a copy of the original game
no i won't lol. i'll just download the iso

I'm glad to see the 360 and OG Xbox getting progress

Attached: cxbx_reloaded.webm (1280x720, 961K)

it's called plausible deniability

I have a working PS2, but I'm not going to buy PS2 games when I can play them on my PC with higher resolution which looks infinitely better than the console does on a modern TV. Same with my N64.

From Software used to be known for making a large variety of games. They had a few staple franchises such as Kings Field and Armored Core both of which provided extremely unique experiences. They were never mega hits but they were always pretty successful for Fromsoft. With the success of Dark Souls and the subsequent port begging campaign From Soft left its days of Metal Wolf Chaos, Otogi, Thousand Land, Cookie & Cream, Chromehounds, Shadow Tower, Kuon, Ninja Blade, Lost Kingdoms, Enchanted Arms and Eternal Ring behind. It became a race to make the next Dark Souls project bigger and bigger. It had to be, they marketed that it was. So instead of having 7 teams internally all doing different and interesting projects, they grew to several times their original size, continued to release the exact same kind of game for a decade, and so far show no signs of slowing down as the masses continue to eat up that shit, no questions asked.

Today a modern from "fan" will debate over which highly similar lock-on circle-strafing light/heavy attack i-frame dodger is the best, despite their differences being pretty small, ultimately playing very similarly and offering little beyond that.

Its been a huge mistake, and anyone with a brain can see it. This really upsets PC gamers whos first taste was a shoddy dark souls port however. But like all things they touch, they ruin it with their awful tastes.

Shitposting happens because this is Yea Forums and it's populated by autists and spergs, not because the game got popular.

You don't see shitposting in armored core threads because the games are dead.

>I'm just worried about parts availability in the future
Considering we now have brand new highly efficient saturn, ps1, dreamcast PSUs being made, noctua fans being sourced for ps2, xbox, ps3, 360 systems that work plug & play, a basically infinite number of calibrated laser modules and circuit level understanding of how these things work, why be afraid? Even if something is highly proprietary and seemingly uncrackable and is even causing entire systems to brick themselves you know what? People persevere and find a way. There's never an end, but there's an infinite number of beginnings.

If you think it's going to remotely be a problem that these things will be "hard to get" you haven't been paying attention. The scene is thriving and it's incredible

Attached: infinikey.jpg (4272x2848, 2M)

yes, I do

alright, someone post a list of nogames3 games I can emulate now

wow, I wasn't expecting to be able to play this at 10k and no frame drops, holy shit, either the game runs like butter or the resolution scaling isn't working, the game does look good though.

To be fair, Sekiro was a step in the right direction, retards call it a Souls game because it uses the same engine, but that was actually somewhat different.

rpcs3.net/compatibility?s=1

check the compatibility list my guy, there's a lot of perfect running games.
i have 9 games and only 1 runs like shit, uncharted 1.

It's terribly similar to the point that it's clear it is derivative. Find a similarity between Tenchu and Thousand Land.

>tfw Midnight Club:LA isn't playable yet

Attached: 1527454713371.gif (720x405, 2.25M)

Nvm I'm retarded, 4k still looks good though.

>From Software used to be known
nice joke

The problem with this post is that the only good games From ever made were Souls games. Armored Core has a small niche and while the idea was cool the gameplay was terrible. Everything else they put out was far below average, we're talking 5/10 at best.

Attached: 1553531095496.jpg (400x400, 42K)

Does Demon's Souls actually run without bugs/glitches on RPCS3?

why does it matter so much to you if the devs aren't getting money either way? i'd rather just download it and not have to deal with buying a used ps3 off of some dumb college bro on craigslist

can i play it on 1080p with a i7-7700 and GTX 1050?

there's one glitch only manlets will discover

Cutscenes don't work and there's some weird lighting if you look directly at the sun while playing in 60fps, but that's it. 30fps runs flawlessly if you've got the hardware for it.

maybe

cutscenes don't work with the 60fps patch?

Nope. Not for me anyway.

Well that sucks.

I should clarify, it's just movies like the Monumental's story. In-game scenes like boss intros work fine.

Ah the FMVs then. Do they just play at double speed? Weird it works at 30fps.

Don't bother, the emulator devs purposely cripple AMD processors despite them becoming superior to Intel now. Runs like ass.

It runs fine on Ryzen.

>your cpu is so bad you have to make up conspiracy theories
lmao

I'm really surprised at how good this game looks.

Bullshit. I'm running everything fine with my r5 2600.

Attached: 1.jpg (3840x2160, 1.4M)

*gets divorced at the age of 22 not like a boss*

>750
Laughs in 780 with 2 paid off cars

>I have no clue of what I'm talking about the post.

ah I see, you're just a pissy armored core baby, welp sucks for you des became popular and boomed into dark souls.

Attached: 1626w6y.jpg (600x597, 42K)

It's only ingame, not actually playable

>why don't you go all of your way to spend $150 to get a worse experience just so you can brag about playing a game like the developers intended?

How fucking hard must you hit your head against the way to defend something like this? Its free, it runs better, it supports the dualshock, theres no reason at all to buy a PS3 to play Demon's Souls after this. Just accept that and be quiet.

Demon's looks and runs great. I'm personally hoping that the next Bluepoint project is a reimagined Demon's. Having it with a modern engine, some improvements, and the broken arch stone unlocked would be rad. I've got my fingers crossed.

>life is good
seems like once you've achieved a perfect life shit would be boring so fast, unless you work yourself to death

Every emulator dev group is accused of this.

the game is split between three different publishers worldwide (Sony, Atlus, Namco). It would take an act of fuckin' Umbasa to get them to work together and port the game just so that 200 nerds will buy it.

Sony owns all of it according to everyone else, including Miyazaki. That's what I've seen of it anyhow.

>Considering we have to deal with retards like you
>we

Who the fuck made you boss nigger around these part?

God did

Because why would I buy a PS3 just to play the worst Soulsborne game ever made, and (now) at a lesser framerate and graphical fidelity than on PC?

It's playable, with audio issues, on Xenia. IDK why'd you wanna play a 30fps racing game though.

Attached: xenia_2019_04_14_10_01_16_313.jpg (2560x1440, 1.87M)

>caring this much about plastic
never change consolefags

how's mgs4, oh my bad

So can this run Drakengard 3 without the screen tearing?

The PC port for Talladega Nights runs fine, so Demon Souls is really the only thing that needed to be stable.

Stop, we know you are autistic and we don't want you posting anymore. Demons is the best and only souls game any one should play. The rest are for faggot cucks.

odin sphere is a ps2 game...

We still need Yakuza 3, 4, 5 and Dead Souls, Resistance 1 and 3, Killzone 2 and 3 and maybe a few more I can't remember now.

Leifthrasir is a PS3 game.

Ready to see RICKEY BOBBY in 4K?

DO YOU WANT TO GO FAST?
Not pussy shit fast, but PS3 recreated on a PC up-scaling FUCKING FAST

YA GOTTA SHAKE IT, BEFORE YA BAKE IT

no... its a port of a ps2 game... and is for the ps4...

Leifthrasir is completely different from the PS2 game user. I played it on the Vita and later on the PS3 but having it on PC is even better, that and Dragon's Crown.

>We still need Yakuza 3, 4, 5 and Dead Souls
The yakuza games already emulate pretty well, but they'll get PC ports anyway.
>Resistance 1 and 3, Killzone 2 and 3
>playing an FPS game with a controller

No, it's a remake of a PS2 game.
And it's also on PS3.

>The yakuza games already emulate pretty well
They don't
>but they'll get PC ports anyway.
Yes, in 2030, except for Dead Souls of course.
>playing an FPS game with a controller
and? Resistance 3 is like Half-Life 2 but good, you should really play it, it's actually a pretty good game with shitty performance because lolps3.

Resistance 3 is fantastic, one of the best shooters around. Killzone 2 and 3 are okay, I wish Mercenary got a PS3 port, that's oen of the best shooters around too. There have been no shooters to justify mkb for a long time.

What are the 9 game's?

youtube.com plays it nicely

agreed.
10 / 10
Would watch again.