I bought Tekken 7 a week ago after not having played since Tekken 3 and played it with friends every night since...

I bought Tekken 7 a week ago after not having played since Tekken 3 and played it with friends every night since. None of us have any clue about FGC shit like frame data or spacing or any of that retarded gay shit. We just fucking whale on each other with random characters and it's probably the most fun we've had playing 1v1 on a couch since MW2.

What I'm saying is, you're a giant retard if you play fighting games online and even remotely care about the meta and Tekken 7 is a lot of fun. Imagine playing clunky-ass SF or jizzhead DoA, fuck outta here.

Attached: 1565815156813m.jpg (683x1024, 110K)

Glad your enjoying it.

Try story mode. It’s like a b movie.

Sounds like a bunch of excuses to me.

Best fighten this gen

Fuck your weeb shit

Pro tip pick kazuya and spam u/f 3 for ez wins

This desu, Yea Forums is always going on and on about improving and shit but who gives a shit if i just wanna have fun with my friends

Aight, will do.

Excuses for what?

I don't know what u/f 3 means, my man

up + forward

3 is the left kick button, X/A

It's not like we aren't improving, we do learn shit by repeatedly playing characters, but it's all like "oh shit I can do that? hell yeah" and not "ungnggg akchtually I looked this up and you shouldn't v-dash into left air cause it's -15 frames kchhh kchhh"

Competitive games cane be enjoyed casually, and casual games can be enjoyed competitively. Even before the internet this was widely known.

based, frame data is for no lifes

>You're a giant retard if you do what I don't like!
Good on you for having fun, but stop being a faggot please.

Honestly its better if you dont go out of your way to learn anything if you just want to dick about with friends. The skill gap increases MASSIVELY if you learn the basic stuff

>hey guys skill doesn’t mean anything just have fun
Lmao

>hey guys im an actual casual telling you how much i button mash and like Tekken because me and my normalfag buddies can win by mashing
>i am absolutely NOT a falseflag that made a stale pasta thread just hours ago about why Tekken makes me so fucking mad

Attached: E7411456-2E0A-48C9-8949-A17C61C6A94C.png (522x502, 282K)

seething

Basically how I feel about Tekken. I've only ever played it when chilling with friends. We don't know anything about the high level mechanics or watch FGC, we just hit buttons mostly and we have a blast doing it. Outside of versus mode, ive done treasure battle to get costumes.

Tekken is a lot of fun even without having to play online or be in a tournament

no u

Okay, thanks. Not like I'll remember that tomorrow but maybe I will.

Some games become extremely annoying when people focus too much on the meta, though. It's fine when games are naturally deep, like some RTS. Fightan should always be a fucking riot to play and not involve any tactics beyond "oh shit maybe I should back up a little, alright NOW HE'S GETTING WHOOPED"

If you want a fun fightan to mash with friends in, Blazblue Cross Tag Battle is excellent. That game has no right to be as fun as it is

Okay, yeah, you're right. People can play however they want. I was originally gonna post this in the thread mentioned by because it's ridiculous to call a game like T7 bad just because it might not hold up if you over-analyze it to death and never play with people sitting next to you.

Does tekken even have a meta?
Tierlist has been shown to not matter that much in tekken considering a guy won a major tournament with fucking Panda.

Really? I don't know shit about Blaz Blue, it always seemed like a game made for exactly the type of player I'm ragging on right now. Doesn't it have like three different power/energy/rage/special bar shits that fill up? I'm already annoyed by the rage mode in T7 because it almost feels like everyone just anticipates entering rage mode to pull off some sick slo-mo move instead of just going all out all the time.

>mfw I like both
I wouldn't say I'm knowledgeable about framedata but I am aware of things like spacing and which moves to bait out opponents etc. Fighting games with friends just messing around can be alot of fun, but I also enjoy learning the game in general and getting better online climbing the ranks. I like the sense of progression.

I have no idea why people dont like SFV except a broad idea of "muh casualization" but when me and my friends played it we got bored immediately despite being for casuals. We love DBFZ and marvel3 cause theres lasers flying around everywhere but there's something about T7 thats also addicting despite being more "realistic" then things like SFV and the anime fighters.

Attached: 1538419338884.gif (300x250, 31K)

>Does Tekken even have a meta?
Apparently it does, there was some asshole complaining earlier because he got so into the meta that he forgot about the actual game.

>dude football fucking sucks, the goal posts are exactly ten and a half lengths of a football apart and it should be eleven because then I could kick the ball with more spin and make it curve more and not hit the goal post

Yeah maybe, but when's the last time you actually even went to the field and played?

Well the main Blazblue games do have many special bars (in fact each character has its own unique mechanic), but Cross Tag Battle removes all that shit and, while it still has two special bars, it basically promotes non stop fast paced offense.

>if you don't play the way I do you clearly are wrong
Why is every casual elitist like this?

>you're a giant retard if you play fighting games online and even remotely care about the meta
That's literally all that Tekken 7 have

>spacing
That's pretty natural for any action game, not necessarily the same as fags who learn frame data instead of enjoying the game by any means.

Tekken is shit and fighting games have no future, give it one or two more generations and its over :)

Sounds pretty good, but I just had a quick glance at the characters and I'm pretty sure it's too weeb-y for my friends. Not saying T7 doesn't have weeb shit like people yelling SHINEEEE but I guess it hits that sweet spot of being somewhat realistic looking and also goofy as fuck characters that they don't notice. Blaz Blue looks straight up anime.

>I wouldn't say I'm knowledgeable about framedata but I am aware of things like spacing and which moves to bait out opponents
Yeah same, but most of my friends are super bad at fighting games so they never want to play them because I always destroy them.
Luckily I have one friend who is at a similar skill level. Studying frame data and practicing optimals for hours are kinda autistic though, but whatever makes you have fun I guess.

Yeah Blazblue is 200% anime, can't really get around that

Yeah, of course. As I said, noticing that you're too close and backing off is something most people do naturally. But fuck learning the reach and hitbox of every move by heart.

Thanks for the recommendation anyways, it would've been useful if I didn't have to basically curate games for my friends to make sure they're not too normie unfriendly. I personally don't mind weeb shit even though I rarely watch anime. My friends are quickly turned off by that, though.
Alright, I was done taking a shit about 45 minutes ago and my legs are falling asleep so I'm boutta head out. Do with this thread whatever you want, maybe post Eddy x Yoshimitsu r34 or something. Thanks for replying and fuck whiny meta-fags.

something harada made better from t6 to 7 was spectator stuff, or just making the game look and feel "cool" to play. slow-mos, zoom ins, more visual effects. SFV just isnt as visually interesting compared to tekken, DBFZ's anime style look, and mvc3's comic ink look. Tekken while more "realistic" committed to that look while SFV looks like an awkward mix of realism and cartoony, thought not as bad as MvCI. I like playing SFV though

>Imagine playing clunky-ass SF
t. has to jerk off his controller just to move properly

big crazy tag games like bbtag, dbfz, and mvc3 are always fun with friends casually.