What do you think of Paper Mario 64 Yea Forums?

What do you think of Paper Mario 64 Yea Forums?

Attached: shooting-star-summit.png (592x400, 382K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1h06F3p_sm26qIAc5lG1IVxJGu2bC4rqIWGuvLOoZPUE/edit
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I think its pretty rad

I've been playing master quest and it somewhat suffers from "fan mod difficulty" where even early game enemies deal 7 damage
otherwise the new additions they make are interesting

think now that intelligent systems is done with fire emblem we will get a new game?

Attached: 1a4.gif (386x206, 1.09M)

It's good but how come there wasn't a paper Mario 1-63?

It's a fun, cute game.

Its the only PM ive played (back when it released and again on Virtual Console)
9.25/10 Almost perfect
t.30yr Boom Boom

One of the very few great games the N64 had but is outclassed in every single way by it's sequel on the GameCube.

I liked the themes of dungeons in PM74 more. I really liked the shy guy toy box level.

its Mario so I know its gay

final fantasy looks better and isn't for babies

The Pro Mode is better upgraded version, when the game will be 100% cripted like SM64 then new upgrades will be presumably given.

pro mode is cancelled, it's been replaced with master quest which is complete and better balanced (but still hard as fuck)

I will try that then.

good luck the pit of 100 trials is behind the area where mario falls in goomba village

For someone who’s already played pro mode all the way through, is master quest worth the replay?

Best game I've played. I'm angry that the price of the physical copies are through the roof, like 80 bucks for a loose.

yes because master quest added more enemies, badges and new maps, from what I remember master quest only modified dry dry desert
master quest is the successor so it takes everything master quest did and builds on it, and each enemy is rebalanced individually instead of just doubling damage

also they added a pit of 100 trials, don't remember if pro mode had that in

Enemies being individually rebalanced alone sounds good enough for me, just doubling damage and calling it a day never appealed. I’ll give it a shot

One of my favorite games. I even played Pro Mode, and want to finish Master Quest one day.

>being done with a cashcow

They aren't done with FE and even if we do get another Paper Mario, it will suck.

Kino

ive never played it but how are you expected to survive that at the beginning of the game? do you need to grind for xp or something?

the setting of TTYD wasnt as good as the original (although it was still good)

best partner gameplay wise in each game?

user here, i think that we should grind and find eventually items to come up with a strategy.

awesome game. this and rpg stablished the marios universe.

Do you like the visual style of 64 or TTYD more?

Attached: 1534866087789.gif (500x276, 1.92M)

>final fantasy
>not for babies

lmao, you're probably someone who thinks cartoons are for children but anime is for mature and understanding adults.

I always used Parakarry in the first game and Bobbery in TTYD.

You have to actually purchase and buy items often if you want to survive

Best aesthetic, atmosphere and pacing (though not without its own flaws). Outclassed on a purely gameplay level by TTYD, but I still enjoy 64 more.

>one of the very few great n64 games
BASED zoomer having opinions about a console the predates their existence.

There's a Master Quest/Pro mode? Do I have to download a mod for it? And how do I even play it, because N64 emulators are shit?

It is a great game but it's hard to go back to it after playing TTYD because it improved on so many things.

but bro it drawn so it for kid!

Attached: cartoon.gif (600x338, 2.23M)

I've always been interested in Pro Mode, but the trailer's links are down. Anyone know where I can download it with instructions?

What's the deal with controller support?

When I was a kid I always made sure to have Goombario out when going to Star Summit. This image fills me with happiness.

Try to name some n64 games that still hold up today. From what I played as a kid all I can think of are the two Zelda games, paper Mario, Mario Party 2, Mario 64 and banjo kazooie.

The Master Quest is the better but harder choice.

Soul overflow.
Eternal masterpiece.

also tooie
diddy kong racing
dk 64
pokemon stadium and snap
goldeneye

I can hear this image.

How do I get pro mode though?

Timeless classic

No? 64 is better than ttyd in everyway aside from the combat system. Exploration and level design are WAY better in 64

>what is star fox 64?

I love Li'l Oinks!

Attached: DOOk8zJVwAAMWgR[1].jpg (995x665, 98K)

Master Quest mod is here docs.google.com/document/d/1h06F3p_sm26qIAc5lG1IVxJGu2bC4rqIWGuvLOoZPUE/edit
Is there a specific Paper Mario 64 version you need to patch it to?

TTYD has better combat, characters, dialogue, less generic world's (aside from shyguys toybox), a better hub world, much better badges, a better final boss, more content and better waifus.

64 has
Less backtracking, and?

>better waifus
Nah.

pro mode is discontinued, master quest took everything it did and added more though so playing master quest is the best option

>less generic world's
not always a good thing. that black forest that i cant remember the name of in TTYD was so terrible that it actively discourages me from replaying the game. the glitz pit was also fun the first time but got tedious in subsequent playthroughs

fun but the lack of action commands and a lower difficulty really hold it back if you play it after TTYD

You can finish the forest very fast if you know what you're doing. It's only a problem if you get lost in the tree.

I liked it but I would have preferred an actual Super Mario RPG 2.

that's an issue with the entire game, many times the plot requires you to walk back and forth multiple times on the same tiny corridor with respawning enemies to artifically lenghten play time

one of the best games i've played

Not many times, three times. Once in boggly woods to get Flurie, once in twilight town and then to find general white but you can use the underground pipes to greatly speed that up.

I think the overall feel of 64 is a lot better
It looks nice and animated, TTYD has weird segmented limbs and smooth movement much like a flash cartoon

smash 64 as well. melee outshines it since it was released not long after but it was a great game in its own right

That's because most of TTYD's environments outside of dungeons are chained together in what are essentially big linear corridors.

64's level design had considerably more alternate paths, on top of verticality.

TTYD is so fucking tedious to play. even though pm's gameplay is very one dimensional somehow the characters and dare I say it, soul, make up for it

>once
you go through twilight trail at least 2 times (counting both trips back and forth), and don't forget the jungle in chapter 5 which has going 2 or potentially 3 times depending if you got the coconut or not

what about an inbetween like the sticker star beta was going for before going with all the literal paper stuff?

Attached: 1503571168719.png (1197x1073, 1.5M)

How do I patch the rom with the Master Quest shit?

Great game. Been playing a sequel to Pro Mode that's awful though.
Yeah, exactly this. They just took pro mode and made it cancerous.

reminds me of when Nintendo was competent

It's not better at all. They just added in a bunch of insanely buffed enemies.

Banjo-Tooie
Super Smash Bros
Harvest Moon 64
Mischief Makers
Space Station Silicon Valley
Pokemon Snap
StarFox 64
Turok 1 and 2
Goldeneye
Perfect Dark
Donkey Kong 64
F-Zero X

That’s all just off the top of my head

better than pro mode having a hammer bro with double damage in pleasant path

At least that guy was just an optional enemy that you could easily get around. I only got to chapter 3, and there was already a ton of ridiculous shit:
>Buzzar has like 50 hp, gets an additional attack every turn that can paralyze you, and if the first hit paralyzes you, the camera pans to your character while the second hit is about to come out
>tutankoopa has 45 hp and 2 defense, plus his chomp does 7 damage per turn
>electro blooper has to be beaten to fast travel to the first three towns, has a bunch of ridiculous new shit
>fight with three boos at the beginning of chapter 3, each does 7 damage and is invisible on the first turn

Can't say I approve of the lack of innovative designs in these builds, but the fact that it kept the old Paper Mario style makes me frustrated that they abandoned it in the final game.

Star Wars Rogue Squadron and Episode 1 Racer among the other games anons have listed

the boos at the start of the mansion are such a road block, who thought that was a good idea
everything else was manageable until then, worse part is that there is no save points/heals before the fight either

Better than ttyd

The hammer bro was really hard to dodge with how many hammers he tosses near the switch though

use the star rod patcher