No Mans Sky

Has anyone tried the VR Version?? Is it good?

Attached: 136200457823734298.jpg (1200x800, 71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/app/275850/discussions/0/1762482479181245361/
nomanssky.com/beyond-update/
gog.com/game/no_mans_sky
reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/comments/92j15j/psa_pc_players_highly_recommended_change_to_boost/
youtube.com/watch?v=-7uNSGyM_aA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm trying it right now
You can't play with your nonvr friends, I got scammed

Yes, I also just got my Dumbass award mailed to me for falling both for NMS and VR at the same time.

Nope. It crashes for everyone using Windows Mixed Reality.

You could play this game just fine without VR for the last 5 years.

that's two whole years before it was released, folks!

Will my 1060 3GB run this game?

Alright, after updating to some hotfixed drivers, modifying the config files and doing some tweaks, I got it running at a decent framerate on my shitty 1050 ti.

Attached: NMS.jpg (1920x1080, 703K)

>1050ti
I assume that's not in VR?

I ran it before the update
ran at 50fps constantly but felt like a 1060 6gb would be a lot better
I'm about to try the game now with the update

That looks really bad.

Did you miss the part where he said he was running the game on shit hardware

Please let me know, what are your specs? I'm really tempted to go pick up a used Oculus CV1 from my local game store for this game, but I'm nervous that my 1060 3GB wouldn't cut it for most games.

sorry I'm autistic

A shitty looking game should be able to run on shit hardware.

I forgot to say I don't have VR and I'm going to play it raw, dunno if you were interested in VR performance

Attached: sepcs.jpg (767x295, 60K)

lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies

Attached: 1561287239523.png (1093x391, 225K)

I'll have a laugh if VR turns out great.
Who would have guessed that fucking No man's sky would be the game that helped VR from it's long ass slumber of NOGAMES?

8 crashes over the course of almost 2 hours. Feel like I'm playing Fallout 4.

Attached: 1563810775651m.jpg (683x1024, 89K)

Update fucked my controls to default and I can't figure out where to rebind them on Steam. Also can't remap in-game, all the controls are blank and unresponsive. Anyone else have this issue?

Post the tweaks

user, No Man's Sky came out 7 years ago...

Another disaster from Sean. Buckle up shills

>VIRTUAL REALITY SUPPORT: Our most requested feature
Really? No one was requesting a game that was more fun to play?

I'm back
it runs like absolute dogshit now
I'm going to try a few graphics options

Doesn't count when they can't do it.

It's pretty good desu, beside being a little buggy.

I've played for 4 hours on psvr.
It's blurry even using a pro but you quickly forget because the sense of scale is impressive, specially when you first fly by the space station.

Anyone know what the fuck this sound is? Please, for fuck sake this is killing me

I started a new save and this noise is just constantly repeating at any time I'm walking forwards. It's only when walking forwards too. If I'm still, moving in my ship, using teleport movement or walking backwards, nothing. It persists across saves, across multiple different saves from different playthroughs and even persists when reloading the save after closing and reopening the game entirely. I'm currently reinstalling the game and DLing the patch again. On PS4, with VR.

Please help because it's a complete fucking fun drain on something I'd otherwise be quite enjoying.

Attached: 1449686496406.jpg (706x706, 60K)

Naw. It's the VR update but I don't have VR.

Well its only running on medium/low. Someone with an actual decent GPU should be able to max it out.

Attached: 275850_20190814160159_1.jpg (1920x1080, 553K)

Epic Sitting Simulator 2019.

Game is a fucking mess right now: crashes, stuttering, pop-ins

Attached: 5.jpg (2560x1440, 493K)

It's the sound of throwing money away.

Have you tried blowing in the cart?

sounds like footsteps maybe?
but only a footstep every two seconds or so, weird

I can't play because it keeps crashing in the hub.

Could someone answer me this?

Basically my entire thing with this game was that I loved the idea of finding a neat planet, building a base, and having others come across it sometimes.
Can that happen? How likely is someone to find your planet/are you to find theirs?
How /cozy/ is this game now?

I played it for two hours. Its a bit jank but you quickly get used to it. On the ground out in the world is pretty okay, but it really shines when you're in the ship and flying around while in VR.

sounds like the punch sound effect, one of your moves might be acting up, recalibrate and recharge them

It's not footsteps, you can hear the actual footsteps in that webm, they're quieter and faster and actually sound like someone stepping on ground.

You can do that now, but as is expected from an endless game that the chances of it are very low
You can however, go to the hub place and get people from there to check out your base or follow you to your base after a mission etc. etc.

It's very comfy.

spooky

does that happen since the update?
I have no idea what could it be but maybe if they upload a fix for some of the bugs they'll fix that too

Honestly
Fuck you Prophet

sweet my old save works

Attached: 1540270500431.webm (720x505, 2.53M)

Oh nice, so how does the Hub work exactly?
Is it basically just a lobby, or is it like a station you can travel to?

The entire comfy aspect is doing all this shit whilst being connected in some way to others. I wish I could idly chat with a bunch of people in game while doing my own thing.

>Read the update list
Oh no, i kinda want to give it a shot despite knowing better.
Did Todd teach them?

how do you get to those NumHighThreads and whatever settings?

also make sure they're not out of sight from the camera when you have your arms down

That looks pretty alright for low settings.

Can I remove the fucking scanlines and vignette without mods yet? Fuck sake.

Yes.

You advance through the story a bit and you come across a Space Anomaly, basically a space station but really big and cool looking

I think you can teleport to it if you have a teleporter and I also read something in the patch notes that you can summon it near you, not 100% sure on that though
So basically it's both a lobby and a station, I think it can house up to 32 players at the same time

>I wish I could idly chat with a bunch of people in game while doing my own thing.
Yeah that would be cool and would make a lot of sense in the story, but it would probably clash with the theme of the game too much, though not sure on that with all the group/lobby stuff they've implemented.

Oh, just read here nomanssky.com/beyond-update/
"Use the Voice & Networking interface to group up with any explorers you encounter.

PC players can use an expanded chat interface to control group options and manage communications."
Maybe you can do that? Not sure

OH NO BROS THIS WASN'T SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN N.M. SKYTANIC WASN'T SUPPOSED TO COME BACK FROM THE DEPTHS

Attached: NO NO NO.png (403x355, 9K)

thank you, user. I have owned the game since launch but never advanced very far at all. Literally played about 2 hours. Cheers!

TKGRAPHICSSETTINGS.MXML in the SETTINGS folder in the game folder.

>the punch sound effect
Alright, I'll try fucking around with the punch once I reinstall I guess, maybe that'll unfuck it.

Also I'm playing with Dualshock 4, not Moves, and already tried disconnecting and reconnecting that. Might try it again anyway.

It's already starting to go down as people realise how unoptimized it is.

Alright fags, wheres the official Yea Forums server

I managed to get rid of most of the stuttering with the CPU threads fix but yeah, there's a bunch of pop-in that wasn't there before.

But why would they lie in the patch notes?

>Why would Sean Murray lie

Attached: 1446098355084.jpg (273x252, 23K)

It's ok. The performance is pretty bad at times but it's mostly my PC's fault since it's really old and I'm planning on getting a new rig soon. Though I did see some people complaining that the game runs like shit eve for people with better PCs than mine. I also dunno what wowed other people when they tried the gamd in VR. It just seems like standard stuff to me, maybe I'm too used to VR.

Thank you

np

How is this supposed to work in VR when it's known to have shitty performance?

Lower settings, brute-forcing it with a higher PC spec, and just suffering through the stutters.

Like Skyrim, set everything to the lowest possible settings. Not like you can see shit with the PSVRs resolution anyway.

>new update
>want to play
>can't start the game without a crash
Thanks sean

Going by that user's webm above a few posts, they murdered the foliage draw distance on PSVR and employed blur-o-vision TAA. Because that's what you want in VR, blur!

3 hours in and I've counted 10 crashes so far

VR is pretty good.

Same movement issues as every other VR, but they nailed the menu'ing better than any other VR game imho. managed to get a lot of controls into the Vive controllers without them feeling needlessly complex.

Some bugs and crashes though that I would hope get sorted out, but I'm looking forward to playing more in VR

Controlling the ship is fucking amazing in VR btw, feels very intense and difficult to use in the best way.

>set everything to the lowest possible settings
>PSVR
The resolution is fine on PCVR but the game runs like ass in VR at least for me. They added Vulkan support with this update and already improved performance with previous patchesso I can't even imagine how it ran during launch.

At least You can play. Dosent mstter if I losd save or start a new game it just crashes after 20 seconds

That's horse shit, is it a fresh install?

2 hours in and I've gotten no crashes at all. What are your specs?

GOG download link anyone?

PS4

duno whats is your problem with your 1050ti

but mine has no problem runing 60 in high

here
gog.com/game/no_mans_sky

My god this game runs like ass
or is it just me
Struggle to stay at 60 with everything on High

gtx 1080

>people still buying this glorified buggy early access tier game
>surprised that its buggy

Attached: 1564234737701.png (420x420, 117K)

what the fuck happened
I used to play this game at 50-60fps
now it runs at 20fps with lowered settings

Attached: 50977149_2016632531785061_6773196917842777096_n.jpg (640x640, 40K)

OH NONONO

Attached: kek.png (652x464, 74K)

try this user, worked for me
reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/comments/92j15j/psa_pc_players_highly_recommended_change_to_boost/

>can play witcher 3 on ultra
>can't play nms on high
They should hire better programmers. Should have enough money for that.

I'm on a 2070 RTX and I'm maintaining 60+ on ultra.

Plenty of crashes still but no performance issues in game. shit is silky smooth

Weird, I'm on 2070 and haven't had many performance issues on VR or the normal game

Good job getting scammed a second time

alright nevermind I edited the config file and also set the max fps/vsync off in the menu now my game is running better than ever before, no more stuttering while driving my ship around but the draw distance still blows

I found one you useless sack of shit :)

I've been playing on my vive but I dont like flying with the vr controllers, it's hard as hell.

>NoMansBuyfags get shafted again and are too dumb to stop supporting their shitty games.
I'm pretty sure you guys also like Destiny and getting fisted in the ass repeatedly. Without lube.

Attached: 1565135034174.png (511x281, 79K)

honestly it's still absolute fucking trash
Incredibly boring and soulless

have you tried changing the control type for flying?

Anyone getting low fps and stuttering in VR?

>Dualshock 4
issue with this game is that you gotta keep the ds4 light on camera to use the gun. If you tilt it a bit, the gun holsters/draws repeatedly. Maybe that's what's causing the sound.

Attached: 1.jpg (852x480, 25K)

Does anyone else despise the new power mechanic? It makes the game feel even more tedious then it was and now I have disgusting wires all over my base

That requires a really fucking far away camera though.

Fuck it, the visuals are straight garbage when the non-VR PS4 version is at least reasonably pretty too. I'll just play it in non-VR I guess. Lame.

The game is absolutely nothing like its concept art

Attached: no-mans-sky-concept-art001.jpg (838x366, 82K)

Attached: no-mans-sky-concept-art005.jpg (838x366, 62K)

well, you should have gotten moves if you were going to invest in vr in the first place.

thanks user
tried it in the past, tried it now just in case, but it doesn't work
maybe it's just for certain CPUs?

What if I'm playing alcoholic simulator VR?

Name a game that is

It was a gift, and I plan to get Moves eventually. I guess I'll try it again when I get them.

The game itself is still fun though, just a shame it feels like the VR is too much of a downgrade even without this god awful sound issue. I'll just go back to Skyrim VR if I want open world I guess. Would kill for a GTA V VR but that ain't gonna happen.

Here's your animals bro

Attached: 1556305205730.png (749x631, 863K)

would it be cool if you could just be a profession or specialization so you had to cooperate with other players?

Controls are way beyond elite dangerous VR if anything at least

>wageslaving for 3 more hours
I just want to fly a spaceship in VR bros

skyrim is also night and day with moves, try playing as an archer if you ever buy them, shit is fun as fuck.

Reads like a sonic oc

>literally eats shit

The Witcher 3.

Attached: the-witcher-3-unreleased-concept-art-9.jpg (1920x1080, 412K)

this looks more retarded than Spore.

holy shit just false I literally played with my vr friend as someone who isnt in vr

Still no sand worms btw

Attached: No-Mans-Sky-12-09-2013-22.jpg (1200x675, 93K)

PSVR is a blurry mess on the pro but it's still bretty fun, restarted my save and I haven't crashed in 2 hours of play so far

to be fair any game with realistic looking backgrounds like forests or jungles is going to look pretty close to its concept art

The mountains in No Man's Sky's concept art are perfectly realistic.

Yeah I'm really looking forward to it. I've been playing with standard DS4 controls and they work fine in VR there though so while the Move is an upgrade, it's not necessary, shame NMS doesn't have the option to do that and forces a new control scheme on you even with DS4.

nah.

Attached: glowing-sea.jpg (750x422, 83K)

Runs fine at 45hz ASW on my 1060gtx at medium settings, 1.0 multiplier, with the odd stutter. The update is probably real fucky on some configs given all the problems non-VR users are having.

yes but nothing else in the background of those concept art is, everything is stylized and they clearly fail to translate ithe style properly into 3d

what are you even trying to say with this image?

They've had an experimental vulkan branch for while which they've been testing engine improvements on.

The vr mode is completely borked for a lot of people at the moment though, and there doesn't seem to be a pattern for hardware. I get stuttering and sub 40 fps constantly, and that's after turning off the triple buffered vsync that was on in vr for some reason. Needs more QA.

They got the pallette right.

They showed similar stuff in the trailers. Did it ever make it in game?

Forgot to attach pic

Attached: NMS-TGA-Portal-PV.jpg (600x338, 52K)

why the fuck can't we have full vr for Elite dangerous?

not at launch and not in Beyond, who knows, maybe some of the planets in Next gets close

That it looks like shit while being realistic. It's not that hard to understand.

Its hard but enjoyable imho. I love how crazy it feels

and? what exactly are you arguing against of the stuff I wrote? are you an autist?

Not enough buttons for the billion hotkeys. Flying with touch controls are nice. But that's basically all you can manage with them

Now I know why this patch is called Beyond. Because it's beyond bad.

They took a shit game and made it unplayable for one little gimmick hardly anyone will use.

It gets better every year, but I don't think it will ever be my thing.

cooking?

That area was intentionally meant to look like shit.

Still no real mountains

Attached: 2758319-6315687153-no-ma.jpg (1920x1080, 194K)

>t. low income individual

I think I am bringing a direct counterpoint to what you said in your first post.

VR. About 10 people will use it for 5 minutes before going back to playing it normally. In exchange we got shitty performance, the worse most janky camera ever and crashes every 5 minutes.

>itt elite dangerous fans jealous of competition
How does it feel that you'll never have atmospheric planets and space legs

Ah, a fresh batch of noVR grapesfag juice

anyway to get rid of the annoying vignette effect on screen

PSVR:
Tested two planets, frame rate was very stable but it was too blurry for me. Don't have this kind of blur with games like Astro Bot.
The scale of things like ships and buildings is pretty good.
Enough settings for the controls.
PC Bros I think you really can have fun with it.

No one cares whether you spent money on a gimmick or not. The game is fucked and it's thanks to VR support. I'd rather have a playable game without VR than a broken mess that crashes every few minutes with VR.

Yes for vr and non vr. Under video options iirc.

anyone on ps4 wanna play?
false and misguided-pilled
having the same issue with moves and dualshock

Am i retarded or is there no setting for forcing the main UI to follow your view point.
It's more than a bit disorientating to turn around in room scale and be completely missing information because the damn thing is tied to the snap-turns.
Index controllers are fun to use though, reaching out and grabbing the ship controls was definitely an oh shit moment even if i then promptly throttled into the mountainside.

Use PsuedoVive and a community binding for the controls.

They're both shit games

IT STILL RUNS LIKE CRAP ON NVIDIA AAAAAAAAAA

How? I tried once and couldn't see him, relogged in nonvr and could, re-relogged in vr and couldn't anymore

no, it's designed for seated PSVR so they expect you to remain stationary facing forward

good luck complaining about it anywhere, the rabid defenders of the game will blame your rig, your settings, and then divert to how the game is made by 4 people so you shouldn't expect anything from a FREE update

i hate my species

>they shut down the steam forums
WHERE IS THE THIRD PILLAR?

Fuuuck. I hope this isn't a common issue. I already skip doing frigates except at the end of a session because opening the terminals causes that ticking sound to constantly play until I restart the game

Play the game nerd!

That's what happens with random generation. It's either not truly random and everything looks basically the same with different shades, or 99% of it is goofy with an occasional gem

Hm, odd that they designed for all the different controllers and not something basic like that.
Seem's like an easy as fuck thing to change so hopefully they'll fix it soon, that and movement being a bit weird with the joystick orientated to where i was looking rather than locked to cardinal directions was honestly my only gripes in the hour or so i've played.

IT RUNS AT 1/3 OF FPS IT RAN BEFORE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 1555029222114.jpg (220x229, 13K)

That happens with cheap random generation. If you plan it through properly you can avoid the goofy and still create variety. It's simply a matter of assets and planning the random bits tables.

anybody having trouble finishing the biofuel reactor mission?
doesn't want to pop despite being topped out.

Attached: 2019-08-14_18-13-27_NMS.jpg (978x568, 165K)

is this game even good. What is the content like? Is skilled involved?

No, that can't be. The patch notes clearly said the performance was improved. There must be something wrong on your side.

I'm playing with the same performance before the patch on the Vulkan branch with a 1060 6GB.
No idea what you guys are doing.

hope I don't need to reach the needed capacity before it counts

Attached: 2019-08-14_18-18-19_NMS.png (804x215, 284K)

You're performance should be better than before according to the patch notes.

>a meme game on a meme platform
Hmm, I wonder, do they cancel each other out or something?

well I get a locked 60 sans the baked in stutters, so I haven't noticed any perf difference.

Standard shadows - fine FPS

High/Ultra - fps goes to 20

???

Also my PS4 controller isn't working for this game, only the touchpad is???

Attached: 1479084306439.jpg (400x579, 35K)

>meme platform
what, pc? because vr is on pc as well.

playing on survival makes me want to die

>had 15 fucking fps before the update
>vulkan now let me reach 50 on land and costant 60 while flying
AMD WINS AGAIN

I don't understand how anyone could even play this game after all the things the developers lied to us about. Based solely on principle I will never play it, even if it were free

yes, my bad, I took the liberty to assume things before reading the patch notes... I was wrong... and that's a good thing!

you shouldn't play any modern videogame then

vulkan has been around since before the update though, why weren't you already using it?

Frame rate was shit and literally gave me a headache.
Also just holding your hand out infront of you want walking would constantly punch the ground because the game thinks you are doing the punching motion.

Guess I'll wait until the next update so they optimize that shit.

Lying nigger kike

There's plenty of modern games that don't rely on lies.

youtube.com/watch?v=-7uNSGyM_aA

It's caused by the game thinking you are doing a punching motion by moving forward with smooth motions.
They are fucking retards.

pirate fag

>play on shit hardware
>UNOPTIMIZED SHIT SEAN LIED TO US AGAIN

Attached: 1544028694844.png (541x544, 591K)

yeah that would make sense, given you're on amd.

Check your settings. Mine reset after the update and capped my frames.

It was on sale and they've been working for years creating free updates to bring the game closer to what was hyped up.
They fucked up handling the media attention pre-release but at least they are trying to improve the game and they are doing it without asking for even more money which is a lot better than most developers would do.

Stop being such a petty nigger.

did it? mine was capped at 160

>i9
>2080
>shit hardware

Stop being such a dicksucker, you'll wear your throat out.

pirated it, played for 1h, bored, uninstalled
great update sean

>says the guy who is goes into a thread about a thing he doesn't like or play just to be a huge faggot

This is why you don't buy games at launch, period. You are basically a retard who pays 60 bucks to beta test a game for people who will later buy the game at a reduced price and in a more finished and optimized state.
I certainly didn't, and it saved me the post-launch butthurt. I also got a pretty decent and cheap game out of it.
Jej.

>Shitel
>NigVidia

i rest my case

Attached: chinga.png (456x505, 229K)

Imagine actually defending a scam.

Does the GOG version have all the same multiplayer features as Steam?

The game's still not optimized though.

I love space games and specifically elite dangerous but at this point no mans sky is a better game than ED
everything looks like a kids game but has more content
I won't even talk about scam citizen
this is a dark age for space games

Attached: tein.jpg (1305x900, 144K)

a question for the ages

lmao ED is the biggest waste of money I've ever did, L I T E R A L L Y no content and the warping five hundred billion times to get anywhere is ridiculously ridiculous. The devs of that game have absolutely no clue what they're doing

>C-criticism? In MY thread? No no no this can't be happening

Holy shit the beginning is so tedious now. You have to build a base first in a system that has almost nothing, but you also have to build a teleporter, and work on powering the entire base. Just let me fucking explore.

Pic related.
I want my fucking Noctis V.

Attached: 1537089457072.jpg (460x460, 20K)

>he doesn't pirate the games he want to buy to check if they run properly

Still no bioluminescent plants or eclipses

Attached: wqhsp82uhy4maxresdefault.jpg (1920x1080, 172K)

They don't share servers if that's what you want to know

i'll never understand why those dramatic planets and colours were removed from the game, why were planets being super close from each other removed? i thought that was teh whole point of the game's artstyle

ahem

Attached: apologize.png (41x23, 545)

Still no creatures that can knock down trees, or any intelligent AI for that matter

Attached: MiserlyMarvelousAsianwaterbuffalo-size_restricted.gif (445x250, 3.85M)

how does the GOG version work then? does it need Galaxy running?

Just tried it, bubbles don't render correctly (Planet had lots of them on the surface) and while I pull up the menu they almost gave me a seizure being super bright and disappearing and appearing back and forth super fast.

So has anyone looked into the ship customization mentioned in patch notes? Is it literally just "change colors"?

You need galaxy running to get online shit

kek works on my machine, you are just a sad and poor person

>Is it literally just "change colors"?
Yes.

this is in the game

At least he's not a sucker, the lowest of all lifeforms.

Well, that's disappointing.

I'm on Rift S and I don't get why but it doesn't seem like I get proper hand tracking.
I have one hand while the other is just a wrist and all I can do with my hands is grip, was it just odd that I assumed I could point or do thumbs up gestures and shit?

the absolute state of nvidia fags on the steam forum

What's the issue? Working fine for me.

I have a vega 64 and it runs like shit right now. Like ~35 fps on medium settings in the star field intro. It's not vulkan or 'optimization', something is seriously broken with how this game is rendering for a lot of people.

Are there no stars or gas giants in this game?

Attached: switchowners.png (361x534, 354K)

>start a new game for the patch
>get to the anomaly
>literally only npcs
I feel scammed

Did you try to alt tab and get back ingame?Or play fullscreen?
because i have a 380x and i get stable 50fps on medium
nvidia user are crying that their "top tier" gpu doesn't have vulkan support and want openGL back

>stars
what

lol no

forgot to add
I saw an odd slowdown at the start,but it fixed by itself after i alt tabbed or switched from borderless- to fullscreen ingame

What are some space games with gas giants?

I alt tabbed a couple times while checking steam forums. I was playing in VR and turned off vsync, set fullscreen, brought the resolution down to 640x480 (no idea what that actually accomplishes on a headset but people suggest it). I get horrible stuttering on desktop too.

I've given up and just decided to wait on a patch.

>USING THE WORST VR EXPERIENCE ON THE MARKET

Elite Dangerous.

I don't know, I just thought it would be cool to see different types of planets besides ones with hard surfaces that are mostly habitable.

The Best Damn Space Sim Ever

Attached: CHRISTROBERTS.jpg (637x346, 41K)

TKGRAPHICSSETTINGS is in "No mans Sky folder/Binaries/SETTINGS"
I know it's CPU related but who knows,might help

you bought garbage hardware
deal with it

Haven't played that since Horizons.
Can you land on them now or are they still a circular shape on the skybox indistinguishable from the rest of the planets?

you can land on boring planets without anything, can't land on gas giants and you can't get out of your ship, just pilot a vehicle on the ground

Nah I'm not gonna be a cocksucker and tolerate a scam.

says the guy who got scammed buying shit hardware

You don't understand anything about hardware if you think a 2080 is bad.

what's the fastest way to learn languages? not being able to read anything the npc's say is getting annoying

The regular stutter makes this absolutely unplayable for me in VR despite everything on low.

Attached: currentgen.jpg (1130x1133, 249K)

Not even mentioning the atrocious grind, broken promises, and constantly delayed updates. E:D is such a fucking mess. Which is a real shame, because it has some of the best atmosphere, art, and sound design of any space sim.

Should I buy this or elite dangerous?

That sounds familiar.

>activate pulse engine on ps4
>the ship's wings go to the lowest detail level possible to the point the engines turn into squares

Attached: 3e0.png (600x843, 609K)

>the atrocious grind
i'm glad i managed to exploit some passenger missions and make money, can't imagine actually grinding that shit "the way its intended"

Unless you like sit-and-do-nothing simulators then neither.

Bought this mess of a game day 1, dropped it the day after, did the game actually improve or is just the usual shilling?

Buy space engineers.

I tried the PC VR version and it looked like a PS3 game. The interactions felt like horseshit as well

What do you mean? I thought no mans sky had a lot of content now?

>did the game actually improve
It's still as pointless and uninteresting as before.

It has a quintillion planets that all look and play pretty much the same. And there's Minecraft features I guess, but you can just play Minecraft instead.

I quit playing the moment FDev removed board hopping. It's like they go out of their way to make the grind as unpleasant and frustrating as it can possibly be.

Depends. If you're more for the wonder/cartoon fun of finding weird monsters, cool planets, and general sci-fi, then NMS. If a real meat and potatoes simulator is more your speed, then ED.

Turn off multiplayer before going to the Anomaly, lads. I made the mistake of not now every time it loads another player and their ship the game crashes. Whats shitty is that my autosave is there, and my last actual save is 3 hours back. So now I'm stuck in a loop of loading in, then crashing over and over

it has more shit than ED but its still a bad game

dunno how so many people has problems

my config is mid tier and runs flawlesly

What does E.D. have going for it other than high quality Inception tier BRAAAP noises

>tfw no vr

Attached: 20190814_152110-1209x1612.jpg (1209x1612, 618K)

kek

Yeah but I cant really fly a spaceship in minecraft

This isnt true lol

Yeah same, I was on the steam forums and everyone is bitching but the game is running great for me which is shocking because I'm one of the people who gets unlucky and has game issues.

can I play pirated multiplayer with this gold(((berg))) emulator?

Did they fix the garbage flight model?

What criticism, you nigger?
All you did was blog post about principles nobody gives a shit about.

>my shitty 1050 TI

How? Things a godly budget card at 1080p, something is bottleknecking it unless you didnt get the 4gb VRAM one. Which in that case, you are a fucking retard.

Installing now. Hope it runs on my toastbox.

Attached: 1.jpg (852x480, 28K)

>blog post about principles nobody gives a shit about.
That would be this post right here Keep up you raging brainlet.

make sure you max out the fps cap in the options and disable vsync

>Things a godly budget card at 1080p
The 1050ti? It's not even a real video card.

Got mine for $120

No PSU requirement, snap in, works, lets me play really anything at high 1080p 60FPS barring a FEW settings, usually Ambient Collision and Nividia PhysX shit.

120 is a ripoff imo. 80 would be fair.

Starbound

how do I fucking make my game not burn my computer holy shit it runs so bad

>$120 is too much for a literal budget card

Its perfect. If I want something more modern I have to also buy a new PSU, which a good one is pricy.

Huh, I found a Anomalous Animal. Looks like a bunch of rotating starts and makes a neat noise.

You're still paying the nvidia premium for a card that isn't even a real card. Something like a 1050ti shouldn't be more than 80 bucks.

Look at it. It's like 1/3 the size of a real card.

Attached: palit-geforce-gtx-1050ti-4gb-gddr5-stormx-pci-express-graphics-card.jpg (1000x1000, 110K)

>lower shadow quality to lowest one
>fps drop to literally 8
epic update

>every planet is literally just rolling hills with varying degrees of land:sea ratio
What is this dogshit?

Its not a real card, its a fucking Budget card. Its for 1080p/60fps at high-med settings. Its perfectly priced.

cringe

>landing on a gas giant
this is your brain on america

If you've played Subnautica in VR it's pretty similar. One thing however, when you use smooth movement, every time you move they put some virtual blinders on the side of your vision to help with motion sickness. It works well but I still got a headache after an hour.

I feel like this is one of those games where you have to be on the spectrum to enjoy to its full capacity.
I can see autismos who love inventory/resource management and meticulous base building getting really deeply into this. The grind just kills me though.

I used to think that, but there's super easy to obtain upgrades on all the stations. Just a few nanites and it's easier to mine, fly the ship, ect.

>WORST VR EXPERIENCE ON THE MARKET
that would be Oculus/Vive GEN1
followed by carboard shit.

I felt disappointed when the only new feautre I saw in the trailer was taming creatures.
I hear there is also automation for bases like machines that get you resources.
Any other new stuff?

There's a multiplayer hub area now

Is it crowded now since it's day first of the update?
what do you even do with other people really?

also is communication easy? is there a text chat?

why don't play and find out yourself?

you*

nomanssky.com/beyond-update/

The FPS is weird, sometimes it goes from, a nice smooth 6fps to some shitty 10fps tug of war.

you wont believe me but i just got home from a night of heavy drinking and my two options to play right now are fallout 76 and NMS and I cant decide which to play.
I consider both to be very good games

>Control all gone can't move
>only esc key is available
>Can't restore to default in the option
What the fuck

Attached: 1534199901822.png (119x139, 12K)

text chat and voice chat

that's nice

>my two options to play right now are fallout 76 and NMS

Attached: 1466638996684.jpg (476x244, 16K)

>haven’t played in years
>load it up
>bombarded with new crafting recipes and gameplay features that aren’t explained properly
>oh cool a space station with people inside
>crashes
I’ll wait another 2 years

Are you this retarded when you get out of bed in the morning or does it take time to prepare?

Both are good games for guys like me that actually have a job and a life, you know, games that have a casual and relaxed gameplay and don't require you to tryhard to get stuff and in which you can spend hours base-building or just exploring and in which you don't have to care too much about fucking up.

also nice 9gag meme

The vr performance in this game right now legitimately gave me diarrhea.

Is VR mode played with the wands, M+KB, or a controller?

>using vr in the first place

Attached: 1461076371811.jpg (329x399, 44K)

>mine shit
>get in ship
>no thruster fuel
>hunt down fuel
>get to space
>no warp fuel
>fuck it I'll just buy some
>fly to station for 5 minutes
>spend another minute in forced docking shit
>slowly walk up stairs
>wrong side for accessing market
>slowly walk down, across landing bay and up more stairs
>buy warp fuel
>minute long undocking
>warp to system for other shit to mine
>land on planet
>repeat

honestly if they just gave planets different biomes this would be one of the best videogames ever made.

so how's all that base automation shit?

or you could just shoot asteroids for thirteen seconds and get plenty of warp fuel

lmao gayboi

Every screenshot I see is either purple grassland, green grassland, or blue grassland. Is that all there is in the game?

Yes. The planet geography/topography generation is absolute trash.

how much are you getting paid for doing this. I already own the game.

It used to be a lot different but then they decided that all planets should have blue skies and now everything looks the same. It used to be hard to find a planet with blue skies and trying to find one was a good reason for adventures.

there's yellow grassland too, twat.

Attached: [email protected] (1366x768, 1.43M)

same here, not only us
steamcommunity.com/app/275850/discussions/0/1643171537290479546/

Yea Forums nms meeting when

I could not enter cotainner looms in my mothership

considering how shit the UI is in this game getting in the same lobby instance or whatever thing they did to accomodate a bunch of players must be a nightmare

we already live in a nightmare, user.

is now a good time to play this game?

a year ago was a good time to play this game

I'll guess I'll buy it if I see it on sale. Or pirate it on PC

VR works fine on PS4 lol
only problem I have is that it's a pain in the ass to get the analysis tool to select the distant object you want and the resolution is ass
i can deal with those problem though, everything else works fine

If you want to aimlessly explore the universe with limited compelling interaction from the environment, while minecrafting a base on the least shitty planet you stumble upon: NMS

If you want to hardboot your disabled spacecraft after narrowly surviving a dogfight in space as your life support fails and you are hurtling towards a nearby sun: E:D

Attached: 1549916440135.jpg (650x366, 71K)