How do you like the dlc choices so far?

How do you like the dlc choices so far?

Attached: Newseriestosmash.png (733x484, 710K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/NF5Ysmz
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Really happy Joker got in, don't give a shit about DQ and I'm happy for the Banjo fans that he got in.

Jack Frost should have gotten in over Joker and B&K are only wanted for nostalgia by 90s kids.
Hero is the most deserving of the DLC so far.

Absolutely BASED

>Jack Frost should have gotten in over Joker
Jack Frost would've been boring in terms of moveset. He would've been like Ice Climbers but without the gimmick.

>shows Joker
>SMT logo
Showing you don't know your games
SMT > Persona

Attached: 1480149189401.gif (296x200, 619K)

>zoomers, boomers, westerners and japs happy

Damn good

>Thinking that's the SMT logo
Ironic how you just revealed that YOU don't know your games.

Joker honestly feels pretty out of place compared to the other two.

>Says this when we got Shiek 2.0 but now with temporary buffs

It's a spin-off of SMT, even Nintendo acknowledged Persona as an SMT spinoff when Joker got revealed.

Joker: Felt great as a fan of Persona. Sucked as a fan of mainline SMT
Hero: Feels great to be a Dragon Quest fan
Banjo-Kazooie: Meh. I only played the 1st game once through emulation. No real attachment to me.

Fuck off already

That's literally the shin megami tensei logo for fucking moron.
I already know Persona is a SMT spinoff but if you're talking about Persona don't use the SMT logo since by now they're completely different, only the first Persona is close to SMT.

Attached: 159034t90923.gif (338x233, 1.58M)

Not a weeb, so I've never played Persona or DQ. I did buy the expansion cause I'm a total smashfag, but I don't even find Joker or Hero fun so aside from Banjo, this has been a huge disappointment to me.

Attached: feels AHHH!! I'm hit!.png (490x588, 21K)

No, THIS is the SMT logo. The one in the picture is the Megami Tensei logo. Megaten encapsulates all branches, including SMT, Persona, Devil Summoner, Devil Survivor, DDS, Majin Tensei, Last Bible, etc.

Attached: Shin_Megami_Tensei_logo_-_JP.png (831x208, 120K)

>shiek 2.0 with limit break
Still more interesting than Jack Frost

Wasn't expecting Joker at all, and I'm only alright with him. This is even despite the fact that I've played Persona 5. Just seems like a weird choice for Smash, but I'm not complaining. Banjo was a pipe dream so I'm happy with that. I wasn't expecting to like Hero but they did an incredible job with him and it actually got me to start playing the Dragon Quest games.

Attached: 1505172060152.gif (500x420, 360K)

Joker is alright.
Hero really deserves it.
Banjo should not have gotten in at all.

joker is a faggot and should not have gotten in
hero = based
banjo = based

Notice how brainlet didnt even reply. Utterly BTFO.

Attached: 1523598715916.jpg (528x543, 29K)

I don't care because the base game feels like shit to play

>Smash 4 DLC
>Returning veterans that everyone wanted back but didn’t make the initial release
>Fighting Game icon and the grandfather of fighting games
>JRPG icon with mainstay culture status around the world
>One Fire Emblem shill pick that no one asked for
>The ballot winner that many people wanted to see, just like Sonic
Smash Ultimate
>Generic enemy, but is surprisingly fun
>Shill pick for a new game in a long lasting series that had dozens of other viable and more important reps
>JRPG icon in Japan and not much anywhere else
>90s cereal mascot used to appease the consumerist 90s kids obsessed with everything that references their childhood
I know it would be a tall task to live up to Smash 4’s DLC, but come on now.

Don't plan on getting any of the DLC announced so far because i honestly don't care about any of the franchises/characters.

>all third-party
Pretty garbage. Banjo's not too bad, but also not good enough.

Attached: 3151818532031143518.png (1842x1519, 541K)

>long lasting series that had dozens of other viable and more important reps
Such as?
>muh flynn
>my demi-fiend
Yeah, I like SMT too but nobody knows who the fuck they are

bayonetta was garbage fag

Attached: 1560291418000.png (1920x1080, 1.02M)

Why did you discord faggots latch on to the cereal mascot thing so hard?

Hero is more important and influential to RPGs as a whole than Cloud is. Banjo is also almost as influential to 3D platformers as Mario is. Cope, cuck.

autism and circle jerking

They're great and only disappointing in gameplay
>Joker is weak unless you play like a spaz and then he goes SSJArsene
>tilts are nice, aerials are boring, and Arsene should have been a switch that gives you different moves

>Hero isn't broken but he is stupid
>he does stupid things that you could have played around but he can pull so much out of his ass that it's tough to plan or react
>and maybe he gets a really bad spell or nothing happens. That's also not good
>and all his normals are shit
>upsmash is a needle, fair/bair are the same thing, dair is ok
>even without menu his specials are pretty fucking good
Hero should have had a small number of set menus with the crap spells eliminated and no busted shit
>cut down the similar spells instead of having both in the game. Sizz/Sizzle/Boom/Kaboom, Whack/Thwack, Burst/Kamikazee. no Hocus, kacklang, M slash.
>12 spells max with the set menus divided into buffs/support,damage/slashes, whatever

Attached: 1531782162270.jpg (610x756, 87K)

the only thing im pissed about is joker didn't get any SMT music
i know theres some gray area bullshit with them being the same series but it still bums me out

I'm fine with all of them, but both Joker and Hero are advert choices. There's nothing wrong with that, Smash is being played by so many people that it's cool that new kids are introduced to these characters, but Joker's inclusion is just kind of weird. Switch isn't even getting the original game that he's from, instead getting stuck with fucking Musou knock-off.
I feel that Atlus kinda screwed Nintendo over here.

>Piranha Plant
Was fun for a little bit when people hadn't figured out when people hadn't figured out the gimmicks yet.
>Joker
Don't care about Persona, and he's really annoying to fight online.
>Hero
Don't care about Dragon Quest, but he's fun.
>Banjo
My most wanted, so I'll admit I'm a bit biased. He's be overdue since Melee. Hope he's fun to play and is not built around a gimmick.

Imagine getting blown the fuck out THIS hard. Thank god this is an anonymous imageboard or the guy you were replying to surely would've necked himself by now

Joker: shit pick but great music
Hero: I wante sora, but Hero is pretty fun and dragon quest deserved it
Banjo: he was my most wanted since melee, gif related

Attached: 1559628730495.gif (400x388, 2.5M)

I'll only buy the pass if Artorias get in

only boring ass chosen undead is getting in, if anything from DaS is coming, unfortunately.

Really good so far, Joker's the only one so far that isn't a great pick but even then he's got so much fanservice crammed in that you can feel the love Sakurai and his team put into his addition.
Excited to see what else they do for the Fighters Pass, everything rumored so far seems really promising.

Attached: 1503692804559.png (1001x823, 664K)

What's rumored so far?

Why didn't you just use the P5 logo?

I think Resident Evil character, Frisk, SNK rep and Doomguy are the big ones.

It's just showing the series that are now represented because of the dlc. P5 is just one game in the franchise.

banjo and an RE character is all i wanted, so i hope that's true.

Hero was the only one really worth a spot.

Not a fan of Joker getting in, even though I like the character and SMT in general, I don´t believe he´s a good representation for the series as a whole, just as I don´t think Cloud is a good FF choice as he´s too singular and not really a "this character represents all things final fantasy" character. Firion, Cecil, Bartz, Onion Knight and Warrior of Light would´ve been better choices, though I think they´d play similar to how Hero plays. Wish Wonder Red and Travis had a chance

Hero is sorta neat, but honestly I don't care that much about the other two.
My fault for having shitty niche tastes in games, I guess. None of the characters I want are ever gonna get in beyond an AT.

Attached: sad_pizza.jpg (370x699, 34K)

Smash bros you need to get in here NOW'

discord.gg/NF5Ysmz

discord.gg/NF5Ysmz

discord.gg/NF5Ysmz

Attached: hero6.png (640x640, 636K)

Hero is cool, weeb edgelord and autism bear are trash

I always wanted persona 3 music in smash. It happened. Thanks joker

nothing against Bandana dee, he could be the logical next kirby character, but seeing as how literally anyfucking body can make it in, Bandana dee seems like a boring option

Banjo is the only character that deserves to be in, the other two are literally who’s.

Banjo is the least deserving character to be in, Banjofags shoukd be happy instead of talking shit

seething.

That's fine. Bandana Dee's not my first pick.

Attached: sandwich.png (400x400, 72K)

>Joker
Don't care for Persona. The music is good.
>Hero
Don't care for Dragon Quest, but fuck me playing him is fun.
>Banjo
My number one pick.
Everything else is gravy.

>Joker
Don't really care about Persona, I'll leave it to SMT/Persona fans to decide if they thinks he deserves it or not.
>Hero
Glad they're in, long running series that I'm surprised didn't get in sooner. More for the legacy of Dragon Quest and less for the shilling aspect. Definitely a better rep for DQ than Cloud turned out to be for FF.
>Banjo
Thrilled, glad that they finally got added. Rareware deserved a rep, and Banjo-Kazooie was their first original IP to be a break-away hit that managed make top ten on a Nintendo console. They are a perfect fit for a Rareware rep and a classic pair of Nintendo characters who honestly should have been in earlier judging by the all the Rare content added in Melee.

I don't like Joker at all, I'm very surface level into DQ but Hero is fun enough, and I'm excited for Banjo & Kazooie
I hope at least one of the two remaining characters is from a series I actually like

Joker is a trash "character".
He does not belong in smash.

Cringe p5 faggot nigger kys

Tbh that musuo knock off is probably going to be better than the base game. It will certainly be better actually since p5 was garbage

>horrible, only got in because sakurai's autism
>if they weren't leaked or overpowered, i 'd like them more
>2nd most deserving 3rd party, besides bomberman

Attached: 1562101753248.jpg (2730x3640, 1.7M)

I wish it was a mainline SMT character as opposed to Persona. I know I sound salty, and I know that Persona is more popular but I just feel like Shin Megami Tensei is more important to games as a whole and by a greater extent Megami Tensei. So I feel kinda envious of Dragon Quest fans when their JRPG gets the ultimate fan service. That and I just vastly prefer mainline SMT to Persona in terms of aesthetic and tone(not that I hate Persona, I actually do enjoy that series too, just not what I wanted).

Actually just about to get into Dragon Quest though because I thought the guy from Dragon Quest 4 looked really cool, so I guess I am glad about Dragon Quest's inclusion

Attached: Aleph_render.png (729x2263, 1.42M)

>bayonetta won the ballot

Imagine believing this

Joker was a bit of a disappointment. He just isn't much fun to play. Hero, on the other hand, is tons of fun (I couldn't careless about balance, Smash is at its best when it's an unbalanced mess).

I haven't played Banjo-Kazooie or Twooie so I'm not really interested, although I'm happy for the fans of the saga.

Glad it's 4 that is sparking interest. DQ4 is a fantastic game to start with.

funny thing is, joker is way better than hero. only retards bitching about rng made hero seem "broken."

Didn’t know who Joker or Hero are but at least Joker has some really groovy music and Hero is like 4 people so that’s neat I guess. Super hyped for Banjo though because I played those games a lot growing up and enjoyed them.

>DQ4 is a fantastic game to start with.
That's good to know because that's the one I decided to get on DS
I love playing with this skin online because I think he just looks so damn cool

Attached: D8yziSlWwAA4NFb.jpg (786x1200, 124K)

Neither Joker nor Banjo were really worthy of a slot.

DS is a good version. A lot of people prefer mobile because it has the feature of being able to talk to your party members at any time and have them weigh in on various situations, but I personally prefer the DS version because I like having actual buttons. I hope you have fun!

>I like having actual buttons.
Fucking same, I just cant into mobile phone games at all

Yeah. While DQ4 doesn't really need the precision of buttons, it just doesn't feel right. They did pretty well with it all things considered though