For me, it's Hitman 2 (2018)

For me, it's Hitman 2 (2018).

Attached: 1565716521243.png (2264x580, 1.27M)

Who else liked the angry absolution version best? I mean even the devs picked up on it and toned his eyebrows and jaw for 2.

Psh, names are for friends, kid.

>absolution
what were they thinking?

Why does Contracts 47 look like he's so tired of this shit

Blood Money looks best

They weren't thinking at all when it came to Absolution.

Blood Money
Absolution
Contracts
Silent Assassin
Codename 47
Hitman 2018
Hitman 2016

I prefer BM simply because his model had that cool effect where, depending on the lighting, his eyes would get covered in same shadows used in the promotional material. Otherwise I guess Bowie-47 is pretty good.

Directors thought the B-movie action movie aesthetic was /in/ but by the time Absolution came out it already felt outdated.

What did he saw between Codename 47 and Blood Money that gave him such a reaction?

Because he had to do all these terrible chinese levels again.

YAMEEE YAMEEE

But those are the best, the Colombia saga in C47 is easily the worst collection of levels in the series.

For me it's contracts who looks like he's holding in a huge shit

Walking garbage

I really wanted to like the last two games but I just can't and I have no idea why. If you turn off all the opportunity hints it's basically like playing the old ones again but I still can't seem to enjoy them. I played each level from hitman 1 but I never really felt like replaying it ever since and while I bought hitman 2 on release date, I never finished it to this day. I really don't know why I can't bring myself to play them. I'd rather play bloodmoney or contracts again.

2 has the most soul

because you're gay

The games are a bit too structured and basically tell how you to win the level through the achievements and dialogue hints. Blood Money felt like a sandbox where you were on your own.

jesus christ, absolution's is hideous

Absolution was the best. We may never have a Hitman game that gritty and angry again. 47 looked like a demon in that game.

I need to use the BATHroom.

For me it's MR WORLDWIDE from 2016

Attached: 1554212595172.jpg (640x885, 49K)

>Agent 47, do you remember the time you put on thirty pounds, got a fat chin and a wide dome, and you looked like a bald Jack Bauer

2018 is peak 47. really hope they keep that design for S3.

H3 is just going to be the final season of the ™ trilogy, I doubt they're going to change anything.

I have a personal fondness for Blood Money, but I feel that HITMAN 2 does a really great job at capturing a similar feel while making use of the currently available tech.

i know, but 2018 was basically the S2 and they changed it. you're probably right though seeing as they're not getting out of square's claws this time around

silent assassin is best. he looks like how a dude who was genetically engineered to be a creepy bald assassin would look... something about the lips they got just right, they kind of lose it in the next pic (contracts) and its just garbage from there..

I'm not sure how the most recent game can be called Hitman "2" when over a half dozen games have come out before it...

He's supposed to be a Supermutt that can blend in anywhere but I think they made him too caucasian-looking in BM and beyond.

new games are fun they just lack any sort of atmosphere and the music is the most soulless crap except for maybe sgail where the composer actually gave a shit for one whole level.

This right here. My nigga Jesper Kyd adds a shit load in terms of atmosphere with the music.
The old games also took themselves a bit more seriously which plays a part. In the new ones, almost every piece of dialogue is satirical as they wanted Hitman to be as family friendly as possible.

YES, Sgail is so underrated, part of what makes it so great is the music is absolutely menacing with those strings and the atmosphere they create at you creep across that map climbing up walls and taking out guards. It's like the perfect blend of Assassin's Creed and Hitman.

I think that part of the problem with Kyd's music in a game like the new Hitmans is that it would have so much presence in every level, and it could be nice for a couple of playthroughs, but in a game where you are supposed to replay the level multiple times the music could get a bit intrusive.
I'm not saying that the OST couldn't be improved or that Kyd wouldn't be a nice addition, but I don't think a soundtrack like the old Hitmans would fit in TM, you would need like a middle ground between both.

I feel the EXACT same way. I bought HITMAN(2016) and never finished it.

>Jesper Kyd composes the music for Assassin's Creed up until and including Revelations
>Ubisoft reuses his haunting main theme from 2 for every game ever since they stopped using him as a composer

Attached: 1562435982611.gif (500x418, 885K)

DALE

>Dale posting was one of the many things that killed Yea Forums

Attached: 21DA8944-7049-495D-A3A6-022CB9A41D8D.jpg (1024x881, 103K)

It's the second H I T M A N ™

Why do the dookiebrains over at IO Interactive think I want Diana to be an omniscient God who could just do all this herself since she can see all and the past, present, and future?

SHE NEVER SHUTS THE FUCK UP AND CAN SEE AND KNOW THINGS THAT ARE IMPOSSIBLE WHILE I'M THE ONE ON THE GROUND AND I HAVEN'T EVEN SEEN IT YET

Even if that's what they were going for, Kyd made loads of great tracks that aren't as bombastic and perfectly suited for ambience - while remaining memorable.

Grinding the sniper prison map is a nightmare. I thought they made it so she would announce herself once every two days or some stupid shit?

>there are zoomers in this thread right now that think Contracts doesn't have the best atmosphere in the entire series

Blood money will always be peak hitman. Nothing will change my mind.

Someone at that office must have a boner for her VA. I wish there was an option to turn her the fuck off.
It's fine to have her give the opening dialogue, but she needs to stop acting like she's the fucking assassin, basically giving you instructions along the way.

Hitman 2 > Blood Money > Hitman 1 > Silent Assassin > 47 > Contracts >>>>> Absolution

Same applies to the gameplay

She's a Handler. She has a place to handle the administration side. She gets contracts, reviews them, and gives you the file and what the client wants. Done. Her remaining job is to sit back, possibly continue last minute Op-research just in case, and then wait for 47 to give her the Go that everything's done. She can then administratively complete the contract and make sure everyone gets paid.

Why she is now talking in my ear every 25-40 seconds for the entire duration of the mission is beyond me. Obviously there are Devs in IO that want to make a game about her job. Good, fine, go make it. Stop expanding her role in Hitman to unrealistic proportions.

It was always my assumption that 47 was engineered with alopecia so he wouldn't potentially leave hair at a crime scene. Are his eyebrows tattooed/microbladed on so he doesn't look like a weirdo to civilians?

Attached: namesareforfriends.jpg (1280x720, 57K)

God the 7th generation was ugly.

For me, its No Mercy.

Attached: Untitled.png (973x724, 712K)

>Why yes, first game was my favourite how can you tell?

Attached: chrome_2019-08-14_23-38-04.png (252x434, 182K)

Oh shit I forgot he made the Assassin's Creed music. Guy is based.

>contracts
He looks like he's about to puke.

She literally only talks when you see the target for the first time and when you listen to a whole mission story intro play out.

>She literally only talks when you see the target

Attached: 1560132075884.jpg (907x778, 72K)

They changed it with the latest patch to only introduce the target once every 48 real life hours.

They thought they could turn a dark, brooding rich thriller simulator into a neo noir dark-comedy action flick.

>still refusing to just allow the player to turn her off
>but does this
Fuck those guys.

He's hallucinating and bleeding out most of the game so maybe he is.

I really am enjoying Hitman 2017 so far bros, should I buy Hitman 2?

DALE
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
UNO
DOS
TRES
CUATRO
I KNOW YOU WANT ME

I kinda want to play a hitman since I finally got my bootleg controller working again, my toaster can't run the two newest games though I'm sure. And I already played silent assassin (though it was so long ago I'd might as well be playing for the first time.)

So which should I play, blood money, contracts, or absolution? Or replay SA? Judging by the thread absolution is probably a no.

Blood Money, it's the best one nu-Hitman improves in many respects but trying to do games-as-a-service takes a toll. Don't get turned off by the tutorial.

you should stop and buy the legacy pack for HM2 to include the HM1 levels into it because progress doesn't carry over.

Why would I buy the same game twice?

>Absolution was the best.
Fuck off and never come back.

you are right. if you own HM1 you get the legacy pack for free.

Oh hell yeah, thanks user, I didn't even know about that. Gonna cop HM2 on my payday for sure.

>playing Codename 47 for the first time
>Windows Update bricks my PC and I lose my files
>now I have to start again

Attached: 1563313866921.gif (210x155, 1.7M)

I never even finished Hitman (2016), but 2 is on sale for $30 on Amazon. Is it worth it? Is it better?

*plink*

Attached: Coin.png (693x517, 62K)

>hold a coin up
>everyone in the room stares at you as the target walks on by towards a fatal stair railing that you can then push him over for an accident kill with no one the wiser after you toss the coin

It's the same with a few more helpful mechanics like hiding in tall grass or crowds and using a suitcase to hide a sniper rifle.
If you didn't like Hitman 2016 you won't like Hitman 2 either.

>Why yes, I am here to kill you. How could you tell?

Attached: 1535468094053.png (293x512, 190K)

I wouldn't say I didn't like it, I just got bored of replaying the first couple missions so much that by the time the last couple missions released I wasn't in the mood anymore and never got around to it. I liked the gameplay and the openendedness, but absolutely hated the timed daily and weekly content you could miss out on for good which I recall hearing is still a thing they're doing.

diana. shes always there to tell you exactly what to do and comment on your actions.

Redpill me on Hitman timeline. Are they all in same universe?

Yes. The storylines have just radically shifted in focus.

Yes and they're all in chronological order, including Absolution.

is diana gonna be mad when she finds out 47 killed her parents

Scoring system ruins the games by restricting initial possibilities.

All Hitman games had scoring/rating systems and in the older games it directly affected gameplay by making it part of your currency or outright failing the mission for killing too many non-targets.

Blood Money hit the perfect balance between Hitman 2 (epic globetrotting action b-movie) and Contracts (dark violent crime thriller) so we got a cool detective story with elements of the former (Requiem, Amendment XXV) and the latter (Death of a Showman, A Dance with the Devil)

Download a save with all missions unlocked retard

The systems are completely different except on a superficial level.

2 & Blood Money > the rest.

The score system does absolutely nothing, the rating system is the same as in previous games with minor rule tweaks and should only influence your actions if you're going for SA, it's a weird thing to complain about since the entire series is like that.

The retarded business model crippled the reboot.

Wrong.
So fucking wrong.

I fucking love "Ezio's Family". Every time it crops up in one of the newer games, I get sad because they pale in comparison to the Ezio games.

>thinking that anything in Blood Money can compare to stuff like the atmosphere of Meat King's Party, the moody ambience of The Bjarkhov Bomb etc
Pleb.

Great fucking argument champ.

>Scoring system ruins the games
maybe for you. i do good boy silent assassin once then after that all bets are off and i kill the target by grabbing as many propane tanks as possible and putting them in the target's path and then detonating a demolition block next to them. i blew up delgado so hard while he was talking to his hippo he landed in the construction site.

>the first game I played is the series' benchmark
every time

he peaked with contracts, he was basically a bald schwarzenegger

Benchmark for what?

It just occurred to me that I never really got a good look at his face in any of the games because really all you're doing is staring at a bar code. Then it occurred to me that they probably put the bar code there in the first place because that's where you spend most of the time looking at the screen.

Everything according to BM babbies, in reality it severely dumbed down gameplay by making disguises godmode and the atmosphere was dead compared to all the previous games.
Still a good game though, I like how it used more mundane places people can relate to rather than almost only seedy underworld stuff.

>try to play Absolution
>everything is about as anti-stealth as can be and it feels clunky as shit
>but they still expect you to try to handle assassinations with some level of finesse and careful play

>>try to play Absolution
this was your first mistake

It ended up in my list by a humble bundle probably, so I figured what the hell. It wasn't a good time.

I prefer Punished Clown 47

Attached: honk..._honk...jpg (3840x2160, 1.67M)

i miss dumping bodies in the sewers. i hope they do more body hiding ways in the next game besides the bins and closets. i would be cool to hide bodies in a shower and then close the curtains and maybe there's a small remote chance some npc goes to take a shower and discovers the body. it would be cool too if you could place bodies on beds and make it look like the guards are napping on the job and maybe they get chewed by out the enforcers if they're discovered. or maybe you could place a body by a toilet and put empty wine bottles next to them and guards think the person got drunk as fuck and he gets fired on the spot and it removes one guard from the map.

Not him but wait... So all of the "reboot" is actually a sequel to absolution? Then why is 47 older in absolution but then younger in 2016?what happened to Victoria and he just went back and worked for the ica again like that after absolution?

surgery to look younger

Absolution happened but it's handwaved away as just another thing that happened in the series. Much like how Hitman 2's story tries to subtly retcon the whole super soldier cloning line thing a little bit to be more realistic, or how Contracts reinterpreted different parts of Codename 47 in between all the dream shit. The series is linear in continuity progression but doesn't try to even remotely append logical fallacies from title to title, which is also why Diana now looks completely different and so forth.

Still trying to 100% 2 without checking any guides nor using stories
It's taking forever but it's very rewarding. Solutions pop up in my head during the day

ICA training in H2016 is set before the other games, then Paris is set 7 years after Absolution.

That just sounds stupid
I mean I get but it would have made sense if it's actually a different universe where every mission before did happen with maybe absolution being different. It's just weird now that he looks younger while also working for the ICA again after quitting and cutting off his barcode
He still looks younger than in absolution. Dude should be hitting his 60s now.

47 looks older in H2 compared to H1 and there are a few throwaway lines mentioning his age, I bet H3 is going to be about him retiring and dying of old age then we will play as the sniper nigga and girl in next gen Hitman.

>have a fun idea for this month's featured contract theme
>see forum thread
>it has hundreds of posts already and tryhard shit with flowery descriptions and cover images
it's not like I wanted to participate anyway

Attached: 1318966681524.jpg (3500x4194, 925K)

>one tryhard shit with flowery descriptions and cover images is mine

First time participating in one of these things, curious to see if I can actually get one in. Not like it matters though, you don't get shit for making it in do you?

Attached: 1491825278689.jpg (640x640, 90K)

this
blood money is best

The games seem to run with 'he's genetically engineered, ain't gotta explain shit'.

Attached: 47PatientJournal.jpg (1736x710, 383K)

Huh... So he actually age correctly in absolution then suddenly through the power of science, went back to being young? So that means science healed back his sliced off barcode too then?
Man what a clustefuck.

The barcode was pretty much healed by the time 47 was infiltrating the Burnwood family tomb to kill Travis. Absolution was the clusterfuck, which is rightfully being pretty much handwaved away.

Attached: ChadMoney.jpg (1920x1080, 857K)

Yeah I can agree on that one, if absolution doesn't exist then the rest of the game can perfectly sync in with 2016 and 18.

He doesn't look angry, he looks serious and focused, which is way more in character

47 might retire. I don't think there's anywhere else you can go with the series after killing the Illuminati. After 3, I don't expect another Hitman game for a long time, since IO will have whatever this new IP they're working on is.