Go to flea market because live in shithole and the shittier the hole the better the finds usually are in flea markets

>go to flea market because live in shithole and the shittier the hole the better the finds usually are in flea markets
>a guy selling video games and other half-broken electronics
>pic up pick related
>go home, dust off my old Gamecube, pop that sucker in
>FF10 combat in a fucking LOTR game
>you get to kill all the bosses Aragorn and crew pussied away from
>never before heard narration of your entire adventure by Gandalf
>Saruman has original voice actor and all his lines are newly recorded
>game looks fucking fantastic
>hard as balls on "Hard" difficulty - no fucking around
>get to shove your sword in The Eye of Sauron and rape the Witch King
>mini-game that allows you to play as the bad guys and rape the innocent with Nazgul and earn rewards for the story mode
>all armor/weapons you pick up look unique and are placed on your characters models
>this fucking menu theme youtube.com/watch?v=3Y3Vg6gulCE
This might be the best JRPG of the 6th console generation. Why the fuck haven't you played it?

Attached: 1534706528482.png (488x499, 521K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.pcsx2.net/The_Lord_of_the_Rings:_The_Third_Age
youtube.com/watch?v=geh4yqawghs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

LOTR is boomershit.

>>FF10 combat in a fucking LOTR game

>FF invented menu-based combat

Attached: 1546120063851.jpg (660x574, 31K)

No I shit you not, it's a complete copy. Trading in-and-out party members, having that little display on the side that shows when your turn will be: it's FF10.

Slay yourself zoomer.

Thanks for reminding me the ancient times when we had good LOTR vidya. Why is nobody making LOTR games anymore? Excluding that okayish bamham clone.

>FF10 combat
It’s because square was directly involved during its production.

Really? They're not mentioned anywhere on the cover and I couldn't see them in the credits at all.

It was during that fun time where LOTR was still being tested out for video game genres. Action, RTS, turn-based JRPG. Different times.

>Why the fuck haven't you played it?
But I have, I played it when it was out at the time, I still have it. It wasn't hard though, it was easy as fuck. Enjoyable game though

Nigga I played it and enjoyed the fuck out of it. Together with my little brother and the ending was fun and I don't give a fuck.

Don't @ me

Only game right fucking now I wish they made a high-res remake of.

Too bad Warner Bros. is too deep in their own farts to actually develop quality LOTR games.

Holy shit this was actually amazing.Gotta emulate it now and see if it still holds up.

Great taste OP. Great fucking taste.

Damn i remember playing this back on PS2, used to rent a lot of games and i didn't expect to like it that much. Wonder how well it emulates. I miss that era, so many hidden gems desu.

Never played that one but there were some surprisingly fun LoTR games out there. Is on radar, thanks OP.

>including co op in a turn based rpg.

It's stupid, but me and my friend loved playing co op

It's not generic turn based, that guy is talking truth because the game is a LITERAL clone of FF10 in terms of gameplay.

We just don't get games like we used to in the 6th gen. Everything is so expensive now no one will take even a slight risk; only tried and true shit gets through.

wiki.pcsx2.net/The_Lord_of_the_Rings:_The_Third_Age

I'll @ you as much as I want. And I fucking agree with you.

Replayed it 2 years ago, it was a disappointment.
>random encounters that make exploring a chore
>repetitive combat
>extremely grindy skill system
>the new elements in the story are scarce and the game follows movie's storyline most of the time

Morgul decay trivialized all the difficult bosses.

Because of you now I want to play it.
Simple question ps2 or gamecube? Both can be emulated but which one is better?

Attached: cursed.jpg (1280x720, 82K)

Any other hidden gem LoTR games? I played a ton of the old ones and would love to revisit some but can't really remember any in specific.

This was back when licensed games printed money so publishers had a reason to churn out as many as possible.

Most of them were shit in general but EA actually did a really good job with the LOTR license for the most part. These days they can’t even make a good Star Wars game.

I agree. I love this game, it was pretty good.

Return of the King on PC was pretty good, and Battle for Middle-Earth is legitimately great even by today's standards.

It was probably on the peak of hype in the time when the movies came out. Probably that's why they don't make games anymore.

Dunno if it is a real gem but me and my brother has started playing this recently. It's been pretty fun though. It's delisted now on steam, but I managed to pick up a couple of physical copies for $5 each. I have one spare copy in case we find a third to play with.

Attached: lotr-witn-gh.jpg (512x269, 29K)

This game is based as fuck. Just played through it again a year ago and it holds up easily. I named my Guild Wars character back in the day after Idrial.

This game has is worth playing just for the beheading of the orc filth. I swear to god its so fucking satisfying and never gets old.

Pro tip: dont summon the eagle for the last boss if you want good ending

Dolphin.

This game is fucking cash. But if you just put everything in Int on Idrial she becomes an omega rape machine and all the other characters become irrelevant.

This game had the coolest sound effects for skills. Everything sounded extremely powerful.

youtube.com/watch?v=geh4yqawghs

Just listen to that shit, crappy sound quality cause youtube but it'S enough to know it sounds amazing.

I could never beat the helms deep battle as a kid. That shit was so fucking hard

>buy this for my birthday because I own a PS3 and this game features local coop play
>play it some with my brother, he says he doesn't like it much
>he goes away in the evening
>haven't made any friend that I physically see since elementary school, never finished it
This game brings out only sad memories.