Astral Chain

New dev blog
>platinumgames.com/official-blog/article/10347
Don't you hate when devs show you loads of neat ideas that they scrapped?

Attached: 1565751991885m.jpg (1024x522, 127K)

Other urls found in this thread:

platinumgames.com/official-blog/article/10303
youtu.be/UGm4Udlxgz0?t=49
youtu.be/bHLy5gUTkeM
youtu.be/i5qm708TEaU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>ywn get Mirror's edge Juri.

Attached: SNWr7WR.jpg (800x577, 109K)

The cut snake legion they showed in another blog looked neat as fuck, sucks we will never get it.

>
Snake legion DLC when?

I recognize several of these as enemies in the final game.

Attached: AC_kimura_K6jtCasN_09-768x542.jpg (768x542, 109K)

They said there won't be DLC.

It feels weird that people now simply expect DLC to happen.

It is weird that there won't be DLC in first place.

Nier was the first Platinum game to get DLC ever, doesn't seem like they enjoy making it.

Arent the legions captured enemys?

Yes, but the originally going to be a gameplay feature where you do like pokemon. But they scrapped it and settled to use only 5 legions with big movesets.

I like the little one, looks like a fairy.

It's a cool design, sucks they didn't end up using it.

In general, the unused designs are cooler than the final ones, but it was probably much easier to animate and use ingame.

Attached: AC_kimura_K6jtCasN_10-294x300.png (294x300, 95K)

>no sexy girl legion
DROPPED

Wait, is not this little thing the enemy that creates links with other enemies giving them a shield?

It is

It is?
The blog said
>"Some of our ideas included a snakelike Legion that would change shape along with the player’s weapon and a birdlike flying Legion. Personally, I was fond of this tiny, defense-focused Legion idea."
so I assumed it would have been removed as well.

That's just part of game development, sometimes the features you want to put in go beyond the scope or budget allocated so you gotta scrap them, and it's kind of a waste to shelve them so they never see the light of day.

Concept art is cruel

Attached: AC_kimura_K6jtCasN_08-1024x453.jpg (1024x453, 78K)

The prototype female twin looks barely like a girl.

All these are still in the game, is just that you can't make them stands.

Top left looks like one with wings

the differences bewenn legions in the concept art is significantly bigger than in the final game

Attached: AC_kimura_K6jtCasN_16-1024x557.jpg (1024x557, 121K)

Yeah but it's not playable

This is warframe as fuck.

I wish they were more different from each other, Axe and sword could probably be made the same legion.

What? Sword is for fast attacks and utility, Axe is for slow attacks and defense.

Is there any hope for an eShop demo?

Maybe we'll get a sequel that carries on this idea later?

>"you can pet the Beast Legion."
GOTY

>Maybe we'll get a sequel that carries on this idea later

Attached: 1519491860184.jpg (1280x720, 75K)

Stop being so negative, the only game to ever flop on switch was sushi strikers.

Im still mad that I cant pet the cats or dogs in 3H

Mgr revengeance had a ton

>60 burgcoins puzzle game
>Also on 3ds
Dead on production

Just saying, it wasn't 60 on Japan.

They look almost identical though. Axe should be Shield or something with a bash as the heavy attack. Doesn't make a lot of sense to have a guard as one of the axe's main abilities.

Well, considering how similar Warframes are to their operators.
Should Digital Extremes just hire Platinum to do a work-shop with them on how to make the core combat of Warframe inherently more fun?

Axe should have one arm, which is much larger than it currently is, and it's grafted onto the Axe

What? Warframes are zombie adults, the operators are teenagers with void powers, how are they similar?

That would look monstrous.

How can we sure this hame won't bomb like W101?

I dig this style a lot as well

Attached: AC_kimura_K6jtCasN_07.jpg (700x721, 190K)

th of august, right

Why they look so much like warframes?

Yeah

platinumgames.com/official-blog/article/10303
The music samples are great

Is there any indication how long the game might be? It looks really neat, but if it's over in 20 hours, I don't think it's worth full price.

The director only said "long".
It sounded like it would be around Nier Automata

>over in 20 hours

If my playcount reaches 20 hours that better be from new game plus or a replay to do better with advanced combat techniques, not cause the actual story is that long.
Get a good start, a good middle, a satisfying end, don't pad that shit out like Okami.

>Don't you hate when devs show you loads of neat ideas that they scrapped?
Would you like a bunch of ideas that sound good on paper but are terrible when implemented in the game?

This game sounds fucking great

This game doesn't have a ranking system like Bayonetta 2 or W101, right?

Glad they scrapped the stupid undone tie and untucked shirt look.

It does, watch treehouse footage

I avoided watching too much of it, just so I can go in mostly blind.

But good that it's there, it definitely adds a lot of replayability.

That's about 25-30 hours, which isn't too bad.

Not just replayability but a reason to get good at combat at all. It was sorely missed in Automata.

It missing in Nier is what made me doubt wether Astral Chain would have it, considering the combat was described as half way between Nier and Bayonetta.

>It still isn't the 30th of August
Fuck...

leak when?

I hear its 30 fps 1080p but is it stable? I've avoided most gameplay videos except for trailers

Attached: NO NO NO.png (489x482, 305K)

It got changed a bit (legions have armor over their face and body) but it serves the same purpose. It creates defensive barriers on enemies , and you have to use sword legion to cut the energy links. The lance legion shown also became one of the most common chimera types.
youtu.be/UGm4Udlxgz0?t=49

Attached: Screenshot_20190814-150524_YouTube.jpg (1920x1080, 631K)

I've noticed that the Legions tend to twitch and writhe a bit when they're standing idle. It makes me wonder how in control they actually are and if there's going to be a moment where a "tamed" Legion lashes out.

From what we have seen, dynamic Resolution with a 900p average.
Framerate was almost locked, with extremely rare one frame drops.

Attached: 1553410806043.jpg (680x500, 48K)

One of the trailers has someone speaking that says legions will turn against their user if their life is in danger. It also shows a group of red legions attacking the male protagonist.

they straight up look like suffering when upgrading them
I bet there'll be a section where you have to re-tame them

That is quite a change in design, I definitely preferred the concept art.

Note that that the concept is its legion forms, what you see in the other pic is its chimera form.

It doesn't matter. Even if it sells poorly it won't be retroactively erased from existence. If we like it we will be able to play it regardless of if it sells or bombs.

Sword legion's face is pretty ugly without the legion armor on.
youtu.be/bHLy5gUTkeM
Legion designs are meant to be more heroic looking.

Attached: ac swords chimera face.jpg (1920x1080, 221K)

I fucking love the heroic looking armor hiding the true monster within, that will definitely be a plot point in some way.

The legions aren't actually good, just forced to do whatever ordered to.

A bunch of games manage to flop even with heavy marketing behind them so no way to make sure, especially since it's a completely new IP.
Just buy the game and play it, keep it if you enjoyed it and sell it back if not.

So...Evangelion?

You two cynical assholes can fuck off.

These 3 chimera look to be three of those legion concepts.

Attached: acchimlc.jpg (1762x618, 271K)

Evangelion really was influential.

Platinum games don't sell well, nier is barely a platinum game. It's not going to do great, it will probably break even or even make a profit but if you're expecting a big hit you're going to be let down. But it doesn't matter if it does well or not. Not every game needs to start a whole new IP. If it does sell well? Fantastic. But it's not the end of the world if it doesn't. Sales only matter to the publisher I don't get why the internet obsesses so much with them

>game comes out in two weeks
>hardly any marketing
aaaaaaand it’s looking like it won’t break 1mil sales, fuck

Chimera versions of the current legion might be enemies too. This chimera is pretty much the arm legion. There's also a couple beast chimera.

Attached: ac arm chimera.png (1920x1080, 1.85M)

So we don't capture enemies and use them in battle? There are only 5 enemies?

By marketing you mean tv ads?

There are more enemies but you only 5 legions, the one you see "capturing" in the trailer was already tamed before but when berserk, notice how already has the police armor.

>35 posters
>thread has been up since 930AM
DEAD ON ARRIVAL

Attached: 2535_Fall-Out-Boy-min.jpg (1049x751, 121K)

I am confused over you guys saying "no marketing", TV ads for games hardly make a difference now unless is with an already well set and old IP, so companies focus in doing marketing over the internet as it gets people actually interested.

>Yea Forums says it will fail
So a success is now guaranteed.
Remember, Yea Forums is literally always wrong.

If Yea Forums shitpost a game, it will be a success.
If Yea Forums doesn't do anything at all over a game, it will be a bomb.

Japan and EU have commercials. There's multiple trailers.
youtu.be/bHLy5gUTkeM
youtu.be/i5qm708TEaU
NoA does daily twitter posts. Platinum does weekly blog posts. Nintendo is going to give a more in-depth look at the game during Gamescom, so they probably want to rely a bit on hype from that since its so close to release. Many games don't even get this level of marketing.

Well. I bought it.

Marketing also includes youtube and banner ads, for example.

They have youtube covered, at least in the japan side.

Whatever is your opinion, there is an undeniable fact: Nintendo is giving more marketing to AC than what they gave to W101.

Does this game have anything to do with Chaos Legion? They both have STANDO POWAS called legions, with similar looks and concepts. Are some devs from back then now working at platinum or something?

this board doesn't talk about CoD either

Platinum games was made by capcom former devs and chaos legion was done by capcom.

CoD has existed since before even Yea Forums existed. I am talking of new IPs.

>Showing off your scrapped concept art weeks before launch

Attached: 1449616006021.png (1027x667, 203K)

Shit, this was for

The idea is to make people wish they use those scrapped concepts in a sequel so they buy the game to make sure that happen.

In terms of the relationship of one entity controlling the other at the neural level.

I know, it'd be cool af
it seems they changed the way Legions look compared to Chimaera to make it clear that one was domesticated(?) whereas the other is more wild

I don't think there are any of the same devs, at least not important ones from what I see in Chaos Legion's credits. Chaos Legion was made by Capcom Production Studio 6, while Clover Studio used to be studio 9. Most Platinum staff came from Clover.

Any word on how long this game is going to be? I'm thinking about buying it, because I'd like something to play through before Daemon x Machina releases, but I'm worried about the game being too short.

>it seems they changed the way Legions look compared to Chimaera to make it clear that one was domesticated(?) whereas the other is more wild
The trailer make it seem more brainwashed than tamed.

Frames are locked on both modes, unfortunately both are in the 30s. Same thing with MUA3. Seems like it's going to be a thing for a while.

Eva is just the go-to answer. It's closer to Stands going berserk via the Arrow or how the Personas originally are still a danger even when joining you.

They will be repurposed prisoners. I bet thats going to be the twist

WHEN is wonderful 102? It was promised to us.

>Eva is just the go-to answer. It's closer to Stands going berserk via the Arrow or how the Personas originally are still a danger even when joining you.
Eva units were basically made from angels with mechanized armor bolted to them, turning them into a weapon against angels. Astral Chain does pretty much the same thing with chimeras to turn them into legion.

Attached: Evangelion_ep2.png (640x480, 420K)

How long is this game gonna be?
Long like Automata or more like Bayonetta?

See

No, otherwordly creatures restrained by armor and forced into subservience of humans is not closer to a magic soul ghost that is intrinsically connected to their host going out of control when stabbed by a macguffin.

Pretty sure more like Nier.

I interpreted that as the legion disobeying the user if they thought the user was threatened

Yeah, pretty sure that is what they meant.

Bump

Again.

How about a port first?

It's always nice to see the actual creators hash out their process in detail like this.

These graphs are always great, it really shows how deliberate a lot of these decisions are.

Attached: igarashi_2_EN.png (800x479, 48K)

Neat.