Finally got around to Yakuza 0, I'm kinda underwhelmed

The combat is so tedious and forced that it drags down the experience. Story is good, the map is terrible, side quests are hit or miss, the mini games are pretty bad, idk yall

Attached: 67676367cc4683a6753d2e5739c02452.jpg (908x1076, 246K)

>idk yall
This game is clearly not for you. Perhaps a farming simulator or NASCAR game would be more to your liking.

lul I am from Ohio so maybe it's just not in my dna to appreciate a game like yakuza

Mahjong, Shogi and Pool are best minigames.
And also Outrun and other arcade games if you're into that.

The biggest flaw of this game is that its story isn't fun to replay, that's why there are so many yakuza games, to keep people buying new story stuff for sake of it. Post game is ultra boring without all those cool bosses, and arena just isn't that good. So you end up completing bunch of yakuza games one after another completely burning yourself down on them and starting to hate it like i did.

You sound like a lil bitch that mistakes subjective conclusions for arguments

If you're not liking the side quests then yeah you're probably not going to like it all too much

>the map is terrible
I will stop you right there. Kamurocho is wonderful and my wife, and I will protect her honor with all my being. I tip my fedora to you good sir.

Honestly as great as Yakuza 0 is, I don't think people should just start with Yakuza 0 when they wanna get into the whole franchise. When people just start at what's considered the best or most recent games in a franchise, afterwards they go back to a previous game and they'll be disappointed even though it's an older game and they should've just played it in release order. That way they can actually see how all the games evolved, for the better or worse.

Just started less than a week ago. Combat gets a lot more fun and varied. Don’t think your other complaints are gonna change.

>Ohio
Oh, now it makes sense. Too bad your inbred, FAS ass can't appreciate a good game. I'm sorry, user. I truly am.

>lul

Attached: 1560842673314.jpg (415x387, 11K)

I can agree. I started with Yakuza 0, absolutely fell in love with it and went on to play Kiwami 1, which is a much rougher experience.

I started with 0, and while K1 was a step down, K2 was fun. I skipped 3 since I heard that one has aged like shit and was the worst in the series, but I'm having a blast with 4 right now.

>the map is terrible
boy have I got good news for you

This. I hate to see people start with the best Yakuza game. They should play all the shit ones first so they don't realise they're shit, then enjoy 0. If I wasted hundreds of hours of my life everyone else should have to as well.

Me starting with Yakuza 1 from the PS2, I can at least say Kiwami 1 was sort of a better remake than what Kiwami 2 did. Both can be very better, but the fact that Kiwami 1 managed to keep a lot of original music tracks from the original game (but remixed in either a very good or bad way) and Kiwami 2 replaces a whole bunch of tracks just disappointed me hard. Kiwami 2 changed a lot in presentation and it's worse when it's still Dragon Engine with bare improvements. I really liked 3 a lot but the PS3 games (especially either 3 or 4) were really great games.

>shitting on yakuza combat
git gud

Attached: Yakuza God Tier Combat.webm (640x360, 2.97M)

???????
>mash dodge, attack and activate le epic cinenmatic™ reddit super.

Such wow, nice """"""""gameplay""""""" bucko.

go back to your westernshit, faggot

based

>I hate to see people start with the best Yakuza game.
I wouldn't even put 0 in the top 3 of the best Yakuza games desu.

So are you a hipster or nostalgiafag or both

don't feed him. he puts that webm in every yakuza thread for (Yous)

BREAKING ZA LAWW

Attached: Judgement.jpg (500x500, 58K)

Not him but I know someone who prefers 2, Black Panther, and 4 over 0. And he's played the entire franchise, and still likes 0 as a good game.

I don't get it

Yakuza combat is shit and everyone knows it but some fans get really upset if footage of it is posted on Yea Forums because they know it's indefensible and are worried people who haven't played the games yet will see it.

that certainly explains why we end up with so many confused yakuza OPs who don't find out the gameplay in yakuza sucks until they've already bought it

I played Kiwami which has the same engine and pretty much agree. It's too bad because the series clearly has a lot of soul and I really do want a new 3D beat em up

Yakuza 3, 4 and 5 on PS4 when?! Do SEGA hate money?

Attached: 1445813748511.jpg (478x397, 24K)