No rulefagging, no leakfagging, no avatarfagging, who is the most likely newcomer right now?

No rulefagging, no leakfagging, no avatarfagging, who is the most likely newcomer right now?

Attached: SmashDLC.jpg (1024x541, 81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gonintendo.com/stories/337343-amazon-germany-adds-a-listing-for-banjo-kazooie-on-switch
gamepur.com/news/41225-banjo-kazooie-listing-amazon-germany-likely-fake.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Shantae.

i really want him but i don't want to have high hopes

Attached: 1559685227131.png (540x900, 376K)

Attached: qadfghftjghkl;.gif (441x498, 875K)

Its gonna be Phoenix Wright because he actually fits in the game unlike other capcom reps

Nobody you can think of

Sakurai just seems like he's trying to please everyone based on the Smash Ballot.
Since Shantae is a spirit and shit like Steve and Doomguy were not getting memed to the top of the ballot, I assume Geno is the next likely pick.
Much as I'd prefer Doomguy.
I wouldn't be surprised if they were promotional picks instead though.
Also since FE 3 Houses was still in preproduction when DLC picks were being chosen, I highly doubt it's another FE character.

Unironically Porky.

And the thread is already shit

Maybe, maybe not

Attached: New_geno_render_by_nibroc_rock-d9kkuzk.png (894x894, 368K)

>I assume Geno is the next likely pick
But Geno's also a Spirit

>Shantae is a spirit

"Geno is the next likely"

excuse me?

Just as the Kronorium predicted...

Attached: richtofen_for_smash_bros_by_azelfandquilava_dcp08pn-pre.jpg (1161x688, 100K)

It's so fucking likely that it's not even funny & people underestimate the likelyhood of this because of constant rulefagging
> Ayane represents Ninja Gaiden, Fatal Frame & every other Tecmo franchise
> Kasumi represents Dead or Alive & Tecmo as a whole, being the most profitable character
> Nintendo co-owns Fatal Frame which is what people always forget & has marketing reasons for adding a DOA character into the game
> Dead or Alive fags literally buy 1,000 of dollars of DLC for their games, Nips would buy Nintendo Switch consoles & Smash DLC simply to play as the DOA girls
> Sakurai has NO input in the characters at all, Nintendo executives are 100 % in control over who gets added into Smash. Which means it's nothing more then a marketing ploy for new audiences to buy a Switch
> Banjo was google searched more times than Pikachu during the month were he was added to Smash
> There are no rules at all, influence has no impact on who gets added & neither does 'irrelevance" because anyone who is added to Smash will be come popular as fuck regardless & Smashfags would buy anyone due to toxic hype culture so Nintendo doesn't have to worry about characters not selling

Attached: Kasumi & Ayane.jpg (2067x1984, 421K)

yer mum
LOL!

Sakurai isn't choosing the DLC, he has no decision on who gets added into the fighter pass. He is forced by Nintendo to add characters that they specificially want. It's the people who oversee all of the Nintendo games that decide the roster

Doomguy, any rulefag argument is already dead by other inclusions

Kill yourself, the only thing Doomfag has going for him is "Muh influence", that one Bethesda interview & fake leaks which have all been debunked

Dante, Shantae, Sol Badguy, Ryu Hayabusa, Siegfried, [Tekken Rep, probably Kazuma], Crash, in no particular order.
>But Doomguy
No.
>Reimu
Absolutely not.
>Solaire/Undead/[Dark Souls Rep]
Literally a slower DQ Hero.

Attached: 1565662572613.png (401x402, 226K)

Sakurai isn't picking DLC, so none of these characters have a chance since their only argument for being favorites of Sakurai or "Influential" which means nothing when Joker & Bayonetta are already in.

Unironically, one of these two

Attached: 1565397489427.jpg (1920x2607, 1.13M)

oh my b
I don't remember shit about the spirits cause there's an assload
Okay well someone said K. Rool, Simon, Ridley and Banjo which were all topping the Ballot, alongside ashley, bomberman and shovel knight.

how have they been debunked?

that's what every character has going for them user. Except for like Geno and Monster Hunter

Kunio with Riki alt

Reimu!

Attached: 1544396963162.jpg (564x791, 97K)

He had the final say, numbnuts. Nintendo just gave him a list of characters.

Probably Doomguy. I don’t care about him, but I will admit he’s got a lot going for him.

Travis Touchdown has a chance. Sudas wanted him in since Brawl and hes buddies with Sakurai. Plus with NMH3 coming out it would be a good time to include him in as a semi-advertising thing

Ryu Hayabusa is the last "classic NES character" that I can think of and I would fucking love for him to be in but he's not as popular as I'd like. I just want him and Geno.

It's gonna be Doomguy. He's the last iconic/influential character that's still not in. Chiefags and Soracucks need not apply.

Sans and Reimu.

>ZERGLING Rushes In!
Think about it in terms of StarCraft's impact, age, level of unrepresented genres, D3 being ported, etc.

Nintendo themselves picked these five DLC characters and have already stated they’ll be big deals, third party reps and very out of left field surprises. Don’t expect first party anything pr characters that aren’t well known at this point.

That said, my analysis says that Crash is most likely, with Coco as his alt. He would be a spiritual rep for Sony (even though he’s not owned by them anymore), one of Nintendo’s corporate rivals and a shock inclusion to the roster.
The ‘pony hair’ data mine is a good clue to Coco since she not only has a ponytail in back, but that crazy hair in front.

I’m also still think Master Chief will included as a true spiritual rep for Microsoft (though Banjo is owned by MS, it’s clear Nintendo was “Rare-ing” to have him be a Rare rep). Microsoft has of course traditionally been Nintendo’s other rival yet to have representation in Smash, and would be another total surprise to most people.

These aren’t my personal picks mind you, just my gut feeling at this point given how Nintendo seems to be thinking about these final DLC picks.

Attached: 731DF606-247B-4000-85E9-28B668C2CE8D.png (147x340, 78K)

> Nintendo Character
> Nintendo Character
Nintendo owns them, adding them into Smash is easy as fuck & requires no effort at all. If you compare them to a difficult process like adding 3rd parties you are retarded
> Simon Belmont
Was added because he's the mascot of the Castlevania franchise, despite the fact that Sakurai stated that Alucard was clearly the most popular character. One of the only existing rules is that the Representative character of the third party franchise must be added first
> Banjo Kazooie
He was the single most requested Western character, Sakurai stated that by Adding Banjo he would satisfy western Smashfags which means that Banjo is representative character for Western 3rd parties. But people just refuse to admit this or acknowledge how fucking close Microsoft & Nintendo are, Donkey Kong Country only was allowed to be on the SNES Mini because Microsoft allowed it. Coincidentally a new Banjo game was leaked on Amazon Germany shortly after the Smash reveal

Bros... I want him so bad.

Attached: B354CF78-F79C-46AE-BB92-D87FAE915E76.jpg (700x900, 49K)

>despite the fact that Sakurai stated that Alucard was clearly the most popular character
it's fucking BULLSHIT how Alucard's assist trophy has so many abilities, he was clearly going to be playable until some bullshit last minute change
it's not fair man

Edelgard

Kunio or Kiryu would be kino.

He needs an echo too

>no rulefagging
ok

Attached: JotaroAnimation.gif (125x137, 51K)

> Iconic
Nobody knows who he is among the Nintendo community, Persona was subject of Port begging from Nintendo fags years which is why Joker is in, Banjo has been heavily demanded since Smash 64 which is why he's in. Dragon Quest is a 12 billion dollar franchise & more popular than Pokemon in Japan which is why Erdrick was shilled in despite little fan demand. Obviously their will be shill picks but if you expect anything other then a best selling Japanese franchise then you are retarded. Western fags have gotten delusional now because Nintendo added K Rool, Banjo & Ridley. Not realizing that they were added to satisfy the long standing demands from Smash fags, those were the only major western demanded characters. Doomguy is a literal who that Smashfags started shilling after the 2ch leak, same with Ryu Hayabusa since the top google searches for him are all related to Erdrick or Smash Bros and only started post-Grinch leak. If anything you should expect more Japanese pandering characters, since the West has pretty much gotten all highly demanded characters now, whereas tons of popular weebshit characters still haven't been added

Go back to Smashboards, Maifag.

Not a Genofag, but I have played Super Mario RPG and frankly, after DQ shipped without his Mii Costume, I think he still has a tiny shot. He's a popular fan request by Sakurai's own admission (Ultimate has been almost nothing but fan requests so far) and for some reason, while Square was willing to include two spirits from Mario RPG for free, they weren't willing to include the Mii Costumes, which they could actually charge people for via the Dragon Quest pack? It doesn't add up. As for being a Spirit, normally I'd agree that would be pretty damning, but Geno is actually supposed to be a star spirit from his own origin game without a physical form. If Sakurai made Geno the last DLC fighter as a bait and switch after the spirit to throw people off, I honestly wouldn't be surprised.

Attached: ♡♪!.webm (480x360, 1.51M)

Edgeworth

There will be more fighter passes, Nintendo needs a instant money maker to hold them over until 2022 because of how frequently their major games get delayed. Leaving the company in a game drought for most of the year
> 1. Fighter Pass 1 - Highly requested or popular 3rd parties (2019)
> 2. Fighter Pass 2 - First Party characters that still haven't been added (2020)
> 3. Fighter Pass 3 - Echo Fighters & potentially costume DLC (2021)
> 4. Fighter Pass 4 - Spirit or Assist Trophy upgrades due to Smash Ballots (2022, New Switch console speculated for reveal)

Crash to continue the cross-platform legends trend
Monster Hunter because Capcom loves Nintendo and Rathalos is already in
Byleth or Edelgard for obligatory FE pandering
Geno to continue the never ever hype train

> No blind & schizophrenic avatar fagging simply because people want a character that you don't - OP
Do you not know how to read you autistic Smash faggot?

jesus christ, you people have this same exact thread every single day over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and OVER

Pic Related or Kasumi.

Attached: frisk_smashified_by_obsessor23-d9sac8f.png (747x1069, 363K)

I wish but I’m pretty sure Sakurai said in an interview that there wouldn’t be anymore fighter passes

Also imagine if the dlc cost more than the actual game if you put them all together, poorfags would riot.

Literally who are you quoting?

PFFFFTHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAJAJAJAHAJAAAHAAAGAAAAHAAAHAAAHAGGGJHHHHAHAAHAAHAHJAAAAAAAAAAJJJJJJAJAJAJJAJAJAAJJAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
GENO IS NEVER EVER GETTING IN NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU PLEAD AND BEG AND CRY AND SEETHE AND SHIT YOUR PANTS IN FURY YOU FUCKING KEK

Attached: images.jpg (278x181, 9K)

god damn, an era where smash never ends
what an amazing and awful timeline that would be

Sakurai lies all of the time & doesn't have a choice in the matter, if Nintendo tells him to make another Fighter pass he will do it because that's his Job & Smash is the only thing that keeps him relevant

>Since Shantae is a spirit
>I assume Geno is the next likely pick

Can you at least TRY to hide your bias, Genofag?

Attached: 1513436300253.jpg (756x1100, 113K)

I hope you’re right but I’m not getting my hopes up
The shitposting would be eternal

I don't want Geno, i want more first party characters from Niche franchises so i can see them get big budget games like Fire Emblem. A Fatal Frame, Rune Factory & Rhythm Heaven rep is my most wanted

Hey come on man I said I forgot, I didn't even play SMRPG past the part where Mallow got revealed to be...a frog? A cloud?
I don't even know.

Should Smash rosterfagging just get a 24/7 sticky containment thread on the front page to avoid flooding or should we just give it it's own board like Pokemon?

We already have joker for that

We literally do not know and anyone claiming they do is a faggot

How often has a character getting into Smash warranted them getting a new game? All I can think of is Kid Icarus and that was made by Sakurai himself

Monster Hunter and Doomguy. Nintendo made the shortlist and Sakurai just said whether or not it could be done, which is how we got a completely off the wall choice like Joker. I would assume that both of them (MonHun and Doomguy) would be included as Nintendo would want to shill them one way or another (Monster Hunter just being popular as fuck, and Doom returning to Nintendo consoles with 2016 and Eternal, which Nintendo have done a lot of marketing for for some reason), and both have a degree of obvious appeal.

I wish Smash had its own board. I feel like there’s enough threads on here for it to have its own board.

If you think its anyone other then Doshin the Giant you are mentally retarded.

Attached: DoshinTheGiant.jpg (485x388, 21K)

I read your bullshit about Google search results and i knew you were the same dumbass posting bullshit for your waifus.

>implying sakurai is willingly going to subject himself to that torture
>implying they can make 4 passes with a dwindling dev team

>Jojofags

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAGGHHAGAGAGAGAHAHAHAAGAAAAGAHAHAAAHAAHAHAHAAGAGAGAGAGAAGAGAGAGAGAAHAAAJAJJAJAJAJJAJAJAHAHAGAHAHAHAHAHAHAJAJHAHAGHHHJHHJJJJHHGBAHAAAAAAAHAHAJJAHAAHJAJAHAAGAGAHAHAHAJAJAHAHAJAAHAHAHHAHAJAJAJAJJAJAJAJAJJJJJJJJAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

> Banjo Kazooie - Unknown Switch/Xbox game
> Bayonetta - Bayonetta 2, Bayonetta 3
I could see Amateratsu getting in for the same reason Bayonetta did, because Kamiya stated he wanted to develop the game with Platinum but talks fell through in 2016. So Nintendo could easily fund a Okami sequel & add Ammy to promote it. Okami was named the 6th best game of all time by Japan, so it's become an iconic game now & making it exclusive at this point would be a major success since Platinum is basically a first party Nintendo developer now. Everyone loves Amateratsu too so the response would be even more postitive then anyone since Mega Man

Bayo's games have no relation to Smash, and Banjo is never getting a new game

I've never been on Smashboards though, so obviously you are schizophrenic

this.

Attached: 1539152783239.jpg (296x272, 27K)

>he's buddies with Sakurai
I don't know why people keep bringing this up. Sakurai reportedly laughed at him. If anything, Nintendo choosing the DLC gave Travis a better chance.
>Nintendo picked Suda51 as one of the first devs to see the switch hardware
>Nintendo wanted him to revive Travis (if we believe the gi interview) to help appeal to western audiences
>Nintendo gave him center stage at the switch reveal
>Nintendo distributed and advertised the physical version of TSA in NA and EU
>Nintendo put NMHIII in their E3 direct right next to heavy hitters like RE and beloved IPs like Contra (even if Rogue Ops doesn't look stellar)
>Nintendo is the one picking DLC

> "Hi Dustin, stay tuned for more Info! We don't have anything on BanjoKazooie Switch at the moment but just keep eye on the website for a little bit :) Greetings" - Amazon Germany
> gonintendo.com/stories/337343-amazon-germany-adds-a-listing-for-banjo-kazooie-on-switch
> gamepur.com/news/41225-banjo-kazooie-listing-amazon-germany-likely-fake.html
Bayonetta was added because Nintendo was funding Bayonetta 2 & wanted to promote it, what i meant was Nintendo could do the same thing with Okami 2

NMH is also multiplat

Saki already confirmed its rare replay switch and nothing else

Crash and Spyro.

And? P5 isn't even on the Switch and FF7 only recently got released. Even if NMH is just now officially going multiplat (Suda was never aware of the PS3/360 NMH HP port), he's made it very clear that the Nintendo version is always going to be the premiere version. I'd bet my left nut Travis was on the shortlist and Sakurai turned him down for Persona.

Nintendo turned him down because they could make more money adding someone else

I want this absolute king in. Or Minecraft representation of any form.

Attached: stillwant.png (480x1080, 10K)

>P5 isn't even on the Switch and FF7 only recently got released.
People actually give a shit about those games.

its clear from the lack of Chocobo mii costume that the DQ video was clearly focused entirely on DQ and ONLY DQ.

My point was that being multiplat doesn't disqualify a character and Travis/Suda is one that Nintendo has undeniably taken interest in. I don't think he's going to happen either

unironically Klonoa

Yeah but Persona still shipped with Sonic Mii costumes. Hard to believe that Square would pass up an opportunity for some easy dosh, especially since the costumes were already finished.

>My point was that being multiplat doesn't disqualify a character
It removed literally the only thing that would've gotten him in. Nintendo has NO interest in Suda or NMH

>Hard to believe that Square would pass up
Dragon Quest is owned by like 5 different companies and all of them are known to be fucking stickler assholes.

CERO MATTERS

Honestly I think the following. If a...

>Indie game character gets in
Reimu (Touhou is probably the most famous indie game in Japan)
>Another western character gets in
Steve (highly recognizable in both the west and in Japan)
>Another Nintendo character gets in
Chibi-Robo (one of the only Nintendo franchises left that has little to no representation)
>Another Japanese third-party character gets in
Jibanyan or Dante (Jibanyan for how popular Yo-kai Watch was, Dante for another Capcom rep)

Here's your (you) you illiterate retard.

>le Yea Forums's downvote
Go back, /r/Smashbros fag. Nintendo has NEVER given a single shit about Suda and his garbage company is on the brink of bankruptcy

Man the jojo mods will be awesome because joker and arsene

You're right, that's why they distributed the physical version of the game.

It’s his time

Attached: C6A961D3-E781-4CD6-A925-C4E2EDF75134.png (400x653, 427K)

The capcom rep WILL be Leon or Jill

If Nintendo were smart, they'd get someone to take Sakrai's place for the rest of development and just bring in a new team to free the original team. Other companies do this all the time.

No dumbass. Marvelous just doesn't publish NMH games on their own label outside of Japan.
Ubisoft published the first two games on the Wii.

And I'm talking about TSA. Keep up.

Thank god, that means Nintendo won't choose obscure characters.

Wrong you fucking retard, they flat out told him to add a character & he only refuses if he cannot create a proper moveset for them
> “This time the selection was made entirely by Nintendo. I decide if we can create a fighter based on their selection, then come up with the plan.”

That's the same fucking series.
Marvelous still published it in Japan. Nintendo just published it because nobody else was going to.
Just because Nintendo publishes a third-party game outside of Japan, that doesn't mean "OH SHIT THEY REALLY REALLY REALLY CARE ABOUT THIS FRANCHISE"

No shit they're the same series. And that's completely missing everything else. What other third party series did they promote at the reveal and distribute? I dunno, Dragon Quest?

I want Reimu only because i want to see the reactions of everyone
>everyone in the internet: who???
>Yea Forums: REEEEEEEEEEEE.

who are you quoting?

this dude

Ok by your logic then Snipperclips should get into Smash because not only did they promote that at the reveal but Nintendo also published the game (in all regions too.)
Dragon Quest, yes is also being published by Nintendo on the Switch... outside of Japan. It's still being published by Square Enix in Japan.
I guarantee you Sakurai doesn't even know that Nintendo published TSA outside of Japan
It. Doesn't. Matter.

Here's an idea I kicked around with my buddy at Smash Con, let me know if this is a dumb idea.
>Sakurai has been worked to death on this franchise
>He does a good job, but his talent is being wasted only working on Smash, as he clearly has other games he could be making and just can't
>Smash will continue with or without Sakurai at some point in the future
>SO HERE'S AN IDEA
>A second fighter pass with five characters designed by five different designers, either veteran fightan devs for an interesting advertising angle (imagine Harada getting to develop a Tekken character for Smash) or just some up-and-comers from Sakurai's team
>Sakurai gets to pick the fighters but leaves the development heading for them to the individuals he picked, leaving him time to relax and/or work on something else
>We get new characters with a fresh design philosophy and just more characters in general
>Nintendo gets that sweet sweet DLC moolah
>Sakurai gets to take some time to pork his wife and make up some new crazy IP or revitalized game

Attached: 1496461276334m.jpg (1024x576, 65K)

Attached: 1559523858019.png (1920x1075, 1.98M)

"No way fag"

unironically sans